members, click to sign in..

5,268 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
AUG 21, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -3 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  8/21/2014
THURSDAY, OCT 18, 2012  |  16 comments
In debate, Obama promotes Planned Parenthood funding

Planned Parenthood was among President Obama's buzzwords during the second presidential debate Oct. 16 as the incumbent mentioned the nation's largest abortion provider five times, using it to distinguish himself from Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

In discussions about tax cuts, workplace inequalities, differences between Romney and George W. Bush and earning votes for re-election, Obama found ways to underscore Romney's pledge to cut federal funding for Planned Parenthood.

"We haven't heard from the governor any specifics, beyond Big Bird and eliminating funding for Planned Parenthood, in terms of how he pays for that," Obama said at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., regarding Romney's plan for reducing the nation's $16 trillion debt while lowering tax rates. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.bpnews.net

180 The Movie (Full Video)
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  180 The Movie (Full Video)Ray Comfort | 10/4/2011
•  Where Were They? • Robert Haling | 2/2/2011
•  Biblical View on Abortion - 1 • Pastor John MacArthur | 8/29/2009
•  Ever right to have abortion?Dr. Alan Cairns | 6/22/2009

   08/18/14  |  Pope makes strong, silent anti-abortion statement • 3 comments
   08/17/14  |  Planned Parenthood Abortion Doc Molested Patients for 20 Years • 1 comments
   08/14/14  |  Planned Parenthood: Let Boyfriend Beat Her With a Horse Whip • 5 comments
   08/12/14  |  Appeals Court Saves Last Mississippi Abortion Center from Closure • 5 comments
   08/10/14  |  Aborting in the Name of Jesus • 81 comments
MORE RELATED ( ABORTION ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/20/14  |  Legal-Courts Same-sex 'marriage' freight train derailed in Tenn. • 2 comments
   08/18/14  |  Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it • 38 comments
   08/17/14  |  Creation Museum breaks ground on Noah's Ark project • 8 comments
   08/15/14  |  More Unmarried New Moms Cohabiting • 11 comments
   08/12/14  |  5-Year-Old Christian Boy Cut in Half by ISIS Terrorists • 17 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   08/21/14  |  A bad week for Common Core • 4 comments
   08/21/14  |  Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown,... • 9 comments
   08/21/14  |  High School Student Claims She Was Suspended For Saying ‚ÄėBless... • 3 comments
   08/21/14  |  Prayer service for Atlantic City casinos • 2 comments
   08/21/14  |  Southern Baptist Leaders: Christians Should Make Themselves... • 5 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 16 user comment(s)
News Item10/23/12 8:59 PM
one-fourth  Find all comments by one-fourth
"27% of All Deaths in England and Wales Are Abortions"

-Dr. Peter Saunders, is a doctor and the CEO of Christian Medical Fellowship, a British organization with 4,500 doctors and 1,000 medical students as members.

16

News Item10/23/12 2:09 PM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
Muler wrote:
Heard a radio program this morning in which they interviewed the Latino ethnic group on voting. Although they were predominantly Roman catholic and against abortion and homosexuality they still wanted Obama to win. The reason seems to be a financial one where Obama is going to shell out much more government money support for them. As for abortion and homosexuality there position was that these are personal decisions and not about government. They saw these issues as being small fry in comparison to the "greater good" for the nation which they perceive as more Democrat policy than Republican.
I call this austerity voting.

vote for the one who will give you money, so you can survive the next year, who cares about tomorrow or ideals such as freedom of religion, due process, etc.

yep, that's pretty much what its come to.

15

News Item10/23/12 2:03 PM
master debater  Find all comments by master debater
jpw wrote:
God has shown us how to take care of the woman and child. its called the man.
I agree.
14

News Item10/21/12 11:16 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Muler wrote:
Heard a radio program this morning in which they interviewed the Latino ethnic group on voting. Although they were predominantly Roman catholic and against abortion and homosexuality they still wanted Obama to win. The reason seems to be a financial one where Obama is going to shell out much more government money support for them. As for abortion and homosexuality there position was that these are personal decisions and not about government. They saw these issues as being small fry in comparison to the "greater good" for the nation which they perceive as more Democrat policy than Republican.
Interesting, so God says we are not to murder and that homosexuality is an abomination in His eyes and these folks say since the government says it is okay, then it is okay or that it becomes a personal decision. It sounds to me like they really esteem the world and its system above their creator. It reminds me of the Nazis'; killing a Jew became easy once the government said it was okay. Hitler convinced them they were a hindrance to their livelihoods among other things. "What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul".
13

News Item10/21/12 5:25 AM
Muler  Find all comments by Muler
Heard a radio program this morning in which they interviewed the Latino ethnic group on voting. Although they were predominantly Roman catholic and against abortion and homosexuality they still wanted Obama to win. The reason seems to be a financial one where Obama is going to shell out much more government money support for them. As for abortion and homosexuality there position was that these are personal decisions and not about government. They saw these issues as being small fry in comparison to the "greater good" for the nation which they perceive as more Democrat policy than Republican.
12

News Item10/19/12 4:13 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
jpw wrote:
Junsu --
I like your comments and know where you are coming from. I remember the days when women weren't promiscuous; when men respected women who were pure; when women had children when they got pregnant and lastly if something got messed up, they had what was called "shotgun" weddings.

Men worked hard to support their families; women stayed at home with their kids and divorce was actually rare. But, I am almost 66 years old and
am probably showing my age.

11

News Item10/19/12 3:12 PM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
Junsu --

God has shown us how to take care of the woman and child. its called the man.

a few decent men cannot take on the burdens of 100 baby maker males.

God has shown what a child needs. a mother and father.

when society is made of believers who understand this the woman and child have a fighting chance. there is stability and those who are more fortunate in health and wealth can take care of those who find themselves on the outside or in difficulties.

however, when a society is made up of those who reject God's law and go their own way, that society becomes rife with abuse, usery, disease, and economic strife.

when the woman forgoes God's protection and chances having a child outside of marriage, she is taking a huge risk.

with the lack of transparancy in the system, how can one effect support for these children? many financial and legal roadblocks make it easier for a Christian family to adopt from another country.

what you are seeing is a system and a people that have left the biblical influence.

let me get this straight. I do not fear eugenics. but the Christian is to speak up for the defenseless.

"if abortion is murder" -- what else is it, what are your spiritual beliefs?

10

News Item10/19/12 1:26 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Yes, but God's laws are not societal or cultural. If this issue was addressing abortion in the poorest most destitute country on earth, the conclusion would be the same; we are not to murder. There is never an instance when we should disobey God for any reason whatsoever; that makes our heavenly Father impotent. Now we "all" do this in our lives, but to lend credence to it, or to say it is ever okay, is never acceptable.

I have a feeling we all agree on my points except for Junsu, but if someone wants to dialogue over this, it is okay by me.

People who get abortions are murderers; those who assist them are murderers and those who support them are accessories to murder.

9

News Item10/19/12 12:50 PM
Junsu | Florida  Find all comments by Junsu
Especially to Mark and jpw, I have read ur posts on another thread. Instead of raising perhaps unfounded fears of eugenics and the like, how
Many of us are silently going out there to change society so that parents are not in a situation where they feel the need to abort, or change the rules for adoption so that thousands of kids aren't left sitting on abortion roles?

If we call abortion murder then society certainly has a right to forbid it, as we do murder of those who have been born. Yet are the methods that r being used today the most practical, logical or effective or loving means?

8

News Item10/19/12 11:06 AM
SteveR | Upper Midwest  Find all comments by SteveR
Junsu wrote:
It is sad that people who have strong moral and religious opinions about abortions are rarely willing to discuss how society at large will provide for these women and their unwanted babies. Someone does eventually end up paying for it, you know. The notion that this is just encouraging people to be promiscuous completely misses the point. Unwanted kids often end up in foster homes or on the streets.
I never understood the argument that the richest country in the world couldnt or wouldnt feed its own children. Because the argument makes no sense at all. US citizens pay for themselves, they are born and the Feds attach a SS# to him or her, they borrow against that, then at 18 or above that citizens pays more in tax than the Feds borrowed.
We already have the infrastructure in place to raise those children, in some areas we are even closing more schools than we are opening. The resources are available...Thats a straw man defense

We have a society where many men dont want to raise their own kids, & society allows this without social stigma. We have a society where women dont want that complete burden as well, consequently these children do not have the upbringing they deserve. These children deserve responsible fathers not death

7

News Item10/19/12 10:25 AM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
Junsu,

Do you know what a baby is???

Would you be willing to end that babies life with your own hands for the "betterment" of society?

We now are instituting eugenics to take care of the baby boom generation now that they have aborted a generation. We are paying for it. We are paying dearly.
Do you rejoice in death panels that will decide who needs their morphine turned up? Doesn't this sound a bit Hitlerian?

What you are advocating is turning on the weakest among us to save society.

This may be the only way you know.

There is another way. And that is the way of Christ.

Take the widow with a handful of seeds. She shakes her fist at God for the little she has left to eat. Eats what's left over the next year and is left hungry.

Another widow takes that handful of seeds and plants them in the ground. She gains harvest and is aided by her neighbors who also see God as the God of harvest, not the Communist God of rationing and withholding.

Christians want freedom of religion. But we will protect innocent lives. This is our religious freedom.

We will also promote charity and peace.

There is no doublespeak in this.

Violently ending a life to promote life is doublespeak.

6

News Item10/19/12 10:07 AM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Mark M. wrote:
There are many difficult situations out there, and I commented about them in another thread, but just because a person is considered "inconvenient" or "unwanted" it doesn't give us the right to murder them.
As to the question of other religions, would we allow the murder of innocent lives under any other name than abortion? Maybe the Tom Cruise and his boys decide children can be aborted at age 8 and under. Would we be infringing on their rights by not allowing the child to be murdered? There is no argument for that. Any sane person would call you crazy for suggesting such a thing. Yet, we have Christians that will vote for a man and the party that kills millions of unborn children at home and abroad because they are afraid their favorite government hand-out might get cut. Looking forward to the second coming...
Mark, what a great comment. I'm glad you took the time to explain things to Junsu, I simply couldn't force myself to argue with such a worldly carnal thought, but you did; good for you! I wouldn't agree to kill one innocent life even if it meant the death of all my loved ones, or the "possible" ruination of all of society. Obviously this person loves the creation more than the Creator.
5

News Item10/19/12 6:19 AM
Mark M. | in the UAE  Contact via emailFind all comments by Mark M.
I hear this argument a lot and my answer is 'Who are we to decide who lives and who dies?' There are many difficult situations out there, and I commented about them in another thread, but just because a person is considered "inconvenient" or "unwanted" it doesn't give us the right to murder them.

The only point we have to argue about in 99% of abortion cases is at what point does life begin. If you believe, like most Christians, including myself, do, that life begins at conception then you will want to fight for this child even if his parents do not.

As to the question of other religions, would we allow the murder of innocent lives under any other name than abortion? Maybe the Tom Cruise and his boys decide children can be aborted at age 8 and under. Would we be infringing on their rights by not allowing the child to be murdered? There is no argument for that. Any sane person would call you crazy for suggesting such a thing. Yet, we have Christians that will vote for a man and the party that kills millions of unborn children at home and abroad because they are afraid their favorite government hand-out might get cut. They have more compassion for Big Bird than they do a human being. Is it any wonder that America is going downhill? Looking forward to the second coming...

4

News Item10/19/12 2:42 AM
Junsu | Florida  Find all comments by Junsu
It is sad that people who have strong moral and religious opinions about abortions are rarely willing to discuss how society at large will provide for these women and their unwanted babies. Someone does eventually end up paying for it, you know. The notion that this is just encouraging people to be promiscuous completely misses the point. Unwanted kids often end up in foster homes or on the streets. This is not always the case but they are also rife for developmental and social problems down the line. It's not just about our religious beliefs. There are an ever increasing # of Americans who don't share those beliefs. Forcing them to do so is no different than the radical Muslims that people these days love to criticize
3

News Item10/18/12 4:11 PM
Frank  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Of course he supports PP, they perform abortions at a rate of one every 95 seconds,
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/planned-parenthood-did-one-abortion-every-95-seconds-many-one-year-live-cincinnati,
and since it is technically illegal to use federal monies to fund abortion,PP is their loophole around it. Obama, the man and his party that support infanticide. Sorry, no amount of corruption in the republican party compares to the horrendous killing of millions of babies.
Excellent comment! And the hundreds of thousands of women who get an abortion every year will certainly vote of Obama and the millions of women who want to live promiscuous lives will vote for him as well. And the men who desire and encourage these women will not vote against him;and Obama knows that well. Obama and company are like Sodom and don't even attempt to conceal their sins. Only Satan could blind the minds of these people to such an extent.

Thanks for your comment!

2

News Item10/18/12 1:22 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Of course he supports PP, they perform abortions at a rate of one every 95 seconds,

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/planned-parenthood-did-one-abortion-every-95-seconds-many-one-year-live-cincinnati,

and since it is technically illegal to use federal monies to fund abortion,PP is their loophole around it. Obama, the man and his party that support infanticide. Sorry, no amount of corruption in the republican party compares to the horrendous killing of millions of babies.

1
There are a total of 16 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Southern Baptist Leaders: Christians Should Make Themselves...
unprofitable servant from georgia: " angela wittman my husband and i married..."
-1 min 
Pope Francis Says Radical Islam Must Be Stopped
john uk from wales: " stever psalms 9:5 thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou..."
-10 min 44 
Revelation: Robin Williams 'accepted Jesus Christ'
john uk from wales: " jessica dawson thank you john, i am encouraged by your..."
-2 hrs 37 


"Unto the Ends of the Earth"
Richard Warmack
Made Nigh By The Blood, Pt 2

Studies In Ephesians
Sunday School
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


E. A. Johnston
America Revival Or Ruin

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Staff Pick!Play! | MP3

Dr. Kenny Rhodes
drkennyrhodes

11. Philosophical Apologetics
Reason For Hope Ministries
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
How To Have A Quiet Time

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Prayer Meeting
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Event: Feb 19-21, 2015
2015 Ligonier National Conference

After Darkness, Light
Conference
Ligonier Ministries

Event: Sep 18-19, 2014
Counsel the Word Conference

Sufficiency of Scripture
Conference
Southern Seminary

Sermon:
Shibboleth or Sibboleth?
Ken Wimer

Sykesville, MD | zip
Liberty Church, PCA

The den­om­in­at­ion of RC Sproul and Tim Kell­er.
www.libertychurchpca.org






                   
Truth must be spoken, however it be taken. ... John Trapp

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.