members, click to sign in..

5,529 active users!!Bandwidth
SUNDAY
DEC 21, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -18 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | $1 Signup!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  12/21/2014
SUNDAY, SEP 23, 2012  |  32 comments
Michael Jackson Was Pro-Life? King of Pop's Newly Uncovered Song Tackles Abortion
In a previously unreleased song, Michael Jackson is heard taking a pro-life position. The late King of Pop also cites the Bible in defending the unborn child.

"Song Groove" or "Abortion Papers" was released by Sony as part of the 25th anniversary edition of Jackson's album Bad. The abortion song, recorded in the 1980s, tells of a woman considering abortion.

The chorus:

Those abortion papers ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

Scriptural View of Abortion
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Scriptural View of AbortionDr. Mark Allison | 1/20/2013
•  Where Were They? • Robert Haling | 2/2/2011
•  180 The Movie (Full Video)Ray Comfort | 10/4/2011
•  Biblical View on Abortion - 1 • Pastor John MacArthur | 8/29/2009

   12/15/14  |  Pastor: Being Forced to Cover Abortions Is ‘Repulsive Beyond... • 1 comments
   12/09/14  |  Pro-Life Group: Planned Parenthood Is Operating a Pedophile... • 3 comments
   12/03/14  |  1 in 5 Pregnancies Still End in Abortion • 27 comments
   11/21/14  |  Duggars targeted by pro-gay petition • 10 comments
   11/15/14  |  U.S. court rejects religious objection to Obamacare... • 5 comments
MORE RELATED ( ABORTION ) NEWS | MORE..
   12/13/14  |  US Dept of Education to Schools: Let Students Choose if They Are... • 9 comments
   12/13/14  |  Kentucky Withdraws $18 Million in Tax Breaks for Noah's Ark... • 5 comments
   12/13/14  |  Homeschool mom sues 6 social workers for snatching kids • 4 comments
   12/12/14  |  The Vanishing Male Worker • 27 comments
   12/12/14  |  Even Christians who 'convert' get beheaded • 17 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/21/14  |  Major Chicago study finds red light cameras not safer, cause... • 4 comments
   12/21/14  |  Weekend Reads: Expanding the kingdom and following Christ
   12/21/14  |  Apple CEO Tim Cook Gives Hefty Donation to Gay Rights Campaign • 1 comments
   12/21/14  |  Evidence mounts in 'fired-for-being-Christian' case • 1 comments
   12/21/14  |  David Barton wins million-dollar defamation suit • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 32 user comment(s)
News Item7/6/13 6:44 PM
Before a fall  Find all comments by Before a fall
SteveR wrote:
No gotchas,
The connecting purpose is your estimated high level(near perfect) of theological proficiency in your congregation. I would say 1/3rd of my congregation lacks acceptable understanding of our tenets, but they are mostly the 1/3rd that show up only once or twice a month
Shocking statement coming from an ignorant person who despises the Reformation but remains in a reformed church to promote the RCC cause!! No doubt you call them ignorant because you don't see eye to eye on Roman Catholicism.
32

News Item7/6/13 2:38 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
SteveR wrote:
No gotchas,
The connecting purpose is your estimated high level(near perfect) of theological proficiency in your congregation. I would say 1/3rd of my congregation lacks acceptable understanding of our tenets, but they are mostly the 1/3rd that show up only once or twice a month
As for attendance, I would guess we have 90% or more attend weekly. We've had to go to 2 services to accomodate, each alternating with what we call "discipleship hour" for those wanting more in depth teaching. I have confidence that most know understand what our congregation holds as doctrinally fundamental, as it is not hidden from them. But it is a guestimate based on interaction with many but not all.
31

News Item7/6/13 10:40 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
SteveR wrote:
...understanding of our tenets...
I'm quite certain that Catholics are very aware that they believe they are eating Jesus when they take the mass. As one Catholic lady said to me once, "Yes, I received Jesus as my personal Saviour only this morning." When I asked where it occurred, she said, "It was at mass, when I ate the wafer (Jesus)."

John Yurich is speaking a whole lot of tripe. And you know full well he is.

30

News Item7/6/13 10:24 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Mike wrote:
Interesting question. Is there a cutoff percentage that results in a "gotcha"? Has any of this to do with shy-guy JY possibly being unfamiliar with his own church's teaching? I have no problem guestimating the answer, it's just that I fail to see the connecting purpose for the question.
No gotchas,
The connecting purpose is your estimated high level(near perfect) of theological proficiency in your congregation. I would say 1/3rd of my congregation lacks acceptable understanding of our tenets, but they are mostly the 1/3rd that show up only once or twice a month
29

News Item7/5/13 5:00 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
SteveR wrote:
Thank you for your response Mike
What % of your membership would you estimate attend service at least 3 times/month?
Interesting question. Is there a cutoff percentage that results in a "gotcha"? Has any of this to do with shy-guy JY possibly being unfamiliar with his own church's teaching? I have no problem guestimating the answer, it's just that I fail to see the connecting purpose for the question.
28

News Item7/5/13 2:57 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Michael Hranek wrote:
Mike NY
IMHO our RC/Ecumenical promoter/apologist visitor's point is attempting to shore up JY indulgence (or would it be delusion) in Roman Catholicism. Kind of like they've become somekind of 'tag team' for their form of godliness that denies the true source (POWER!) thereof.
Watch he will probably find fault with me (he did with you) and will likely as well, if he has time find fault with anyone taking a serious stand for holiness against Roman Catholic apostasy and idolatry, after all how can anyone really know the Truth of God, of the Lord Jesus Christ, of Salvation, if they hold to the Bible, Sola Scriptura and not the learned "scholars" of the magisterium or non-denomination experts in sinner's prayers, or any other experts they can dig up if it supports their approved imitation of genuine Biblical Christianity.
Mike NY
Wow! What a "creative deflect" of attention away from good old (he might be young?) JY and your comments to him, that had to do with something thoroughly blasphemously horrific:

Knowledgable devout Roman Catholic people heartbreakingly believing the bread (Eucharist) is Jesus.

27

News Item7/5/13 1:20 PM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Mike wrote:
I don't get your point, Steve. I was being serious with JY. Maybe he doesn't know what his church believes, for by his admission he is shy and avoids face to face comm. Reprobate is not a term you hear me apply, for I find it meaningless, seeing as how imo no one is predestined to damnation.
To answer your questions:
1) yes
2) yes, he doesn't teach fuzzily.
3) no. From whence cometh your inside knowledge that many if not most there don't?
Thank you for your response Mike

What % of your membership would you estimate attend service at least 3 times/month?

26

News Item7/5/13 11:13 AM
interesting  Find all comments by interesting
Mike wrote:
Reprobate is not a term you hear me apply, for I find it meaningless, seeing as how imo no one is predestined to damnation.
Amyraldianism?
25

News Item7/5/13 10:56 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Mike wrote:
I don't get your point, Steve. I was being serious with JY.
Mike NY
IMHO our RC/Ecumenical promoter/apologist visitor's point is attempting to shore up JY indulgence (or would it be delusion) in Roman Catholicism. Kind of like they've become somekind of 'tag team' for their form of godliness that denies the true source (POWER!) thereof.

Watch he will probably find fault with me (he did with you) and will likely as well, if he has time find fault with anyone taking a serious stand for holiness against Roman Catholic apostasy and idolatry, after all how can anyone really know the Truth of God, of the Lord Jesus Christ, of Salvation, if they hold to the Bible, Sola Scriptura and not the learned "scholars" of the magisterium or non-denomination experts in sinner's prayers, or any other experts they can dig up if it supports their approved imitation of genuine Biblical Christianity.

24

News Item7/5/13 10:22 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
SteveR wrote:
Do you talk to many people in your church Mike? Do they understand the basic tenets of what your pastor teaches? When they dont(many if not most dont) do you declare them reprobates?
I don't get your point, Steve. I was being serious with JY. Maybe he doesn't know what his church believes, for by his admission he is shy and avoids face to face comm. Reprobate is not a term you hear me apply, for I find it meaningless, seeing as how imo no one is predestined to damnation.

To answer your questions:
1) yes
2) yes, he doesn't teach fuzzily.
3) no. From whence cometh your inside knowledge that many if not most there don't?

23

News Item7/5/13 9:52 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
Mike wrote:
Maybe because you're shy and don't talk to many Catholics.
Do you talk to many people in your church Mike? Do they understand the basic tenets of what your pastor teaches? When they dont(many if not most dont) do you declare them reprobates?
22

News Item7/5/13 9:20 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John Yurich USA wrote:
No Catholic I know believes the bread is Jesus.
Maybe because you're shy and don't talk to many Catholics.
21

News Item7/5/13 7:56 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
No Catholic I know believes the bread is Jesus.
JY
Are you deliberately blind or simply wanting to sow dissinformation or maybe both.

Ever hear of the Eucharist? the supposed real presence of Christ? Don't you pay any attention at all in your RC Mass when the priest put the piece of bread into a special container to be put in a special keeping place so supposedly the real presence of Jesus Christ is in the RC Church?

Ever genuflect when you cross the centerline of your church, or go to sit in your pew.

Apparently you don't know Catholics, or are deliberately being enormously dishonest (some might call this lying!) about what they believe and openly practise.

So don't be foolish but repent, seriously repent big time, mourning, weeping, whatever it takes to bring you to your senses. Proverbs 1:7

20

News Item7/5/13 6:01 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Michael Hranek wrote:
One foot supposedly 'in the church' and the other foot is something else.
In case you don't know while genuine Bibilical Christianity isn't man's sinless perfection, it is still very much an all-in matter. Jesus Christ is Lord of every area of life, not just bits and pieces of it to fit one's religious convience.
In case you don't know while creeds and professions of faith can be telling, they are worthless if people saying them refuse to be true to what they say.
Let's examine your 'creed':
We
this would be Roman Catholics, NOT Protestants and Baptist-type believers who reject, the Pope, the Mass, Maryolotry, infant baptism
and who btw hold the Bible to be preeminent in its authority OVER All Traditon and the Pope.
Believe In
And worship a lifeless piece of bread as being Christ physically present
a jesus who appears sometimes with his mama, who is the one really important in our religion because essentially without her he couldn't save anybody and he has to do what she tells him because she is 'the mama', the one Catholics really worship
and make the name of Son of God to be pretty much just religous talk, the saying the right words without the meaning of them.
No Catholic I know believes the bread is Jesus.
19

News Item9/30/12 6:05 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
How am I being dishonest with myself?
One foot supposedly 'in the church' and the other foot is something else.

In case you don't know while genuine Bibilical Christianity isn't man's sinless perfection, it is still very much an all-in matter. Jesus Christ is Lord of every area of life, not just bits and pieces of it to fit one's religious convience.

In case you don't know while creeds and professions of faith can be telling, they are worthless if people saying them refuse to be true to what they say.

Let's examine your 'creed':
We
this would be Roman Catholics, NOT Protestants and Baptist-type believers who reject, the Pope, the Mass, Maryolotry, infant baptism
and who btw hold the Bible to be preeminent in its authority OVER All Traditon and the Pope.

Believe In
And worship a lifeless piece of bread as being Christ physically present

a jesus who appears sometimes with his mama, who is the one really important in our religion because essentially without her he couldn't save anybody and he has to do what she tells him because she is 'the mama', the one Catholics really worship

and make the name of Son of God to be pretty much just religous talk, the saying the right words without the meaning of them.

18

News Item9/30/12 4:56 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Michael Hranek wrote:
John Yurich
Being dishonest with yourself again?
How am I being dishonest with myself? I am just going by facts. And the facts are that the Creed states "WE BELIEVE IN ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST THE ONLY SON OF GOD" which is the biblical and historical Jesus that the Catholic Church believes in and worships. If I only participate in the scriptural parts to the Mass then I worhip Jesus in spirit and truth since Jesus recognizes the scriptural parts to the Mass. If however a Jehovah Witness, Mormon or Christian Scientist embraces Jesus as their Personal Lord and Savior then they would have to leave those organizations and unite with a church that worships Jesus as God and believes that God is a Holy Trinity because the JW, Mormon and Christian Science Cults do not worship Jesus as God.
17

News Item9/28/12 9:10 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
John Yurich USA wrote:
Just because the Catholic Church believes that good works along with faith in Jesus is required for salvation does not indicate that the Catholic Church believes in a false jesus. .
Galatians 1:8,9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Can this be true of the one who believes in Christ? That he would be anathema?

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and SHALL NOT COME INTO CONDEMNATION; but is passed from death unto life.

16

News Item9/28/12 8:04 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
Just because the Catholic Church believes some false ideas pertaining to Jesus does not mean that they do not believe in and worship the biblical and historical Jesus.
John Yurich
Being dishonest with yourself again?
15

News Item9/28/12 7:44 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Unfortunately, John, the demons believe in the One Lord Jesus Christ the only son of God.
"What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?"—Matthew 8:29
"What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God."—Mark 1:24, Luke 4:34
"You are the Son of God."—Mark 3:11
"You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew that he was the Christ.—Luke 4:41
"What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me."—Luke 8:28, Mark 5:7
http://www.olrl.org/Lessons/Lesson19.shtml shows that they believe in a Christ that teaches you have to do good works for salvation(see #6). That is not the Christ of Scriptures
Just because the Catholic Church believes that good works along with faith in Jesus is required for salvation does not indicate that the Catholic Church believes in a false jesus. The Creed which is the official teaching of the Catholic Church states "WE BELIEVE IN ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST THE ONLY SON OF GOD", which is the biblical and historical Jesus.
14

News Item9/26/12 9:42 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
Unfortunately, John, the demons believe in the One Lord Jesus Christ the only son of God.
"What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?"—Matthew 8:29

"What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God."—Mark 1:24, Luke 4:34

"You are the Son of God."—Mark 3:11

"You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew that he was the Christ.—Luke 4:41

"What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me."—Luke 8:28, Mark 5:7

http://www.olrl.org/Lessons/Lesson19.shtml shows that they believe in a Christ that teaches you have to do good works for salvation(see #6). That is not the Christ of Scriptures

13
There are a total of 32 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
The World's 10 Most Popular Bible Verses of 2014
carol from america: "colossians 2:8 beware, lest any man spoil you through..."
-17 min 22 
Major Chicago study finds red light cameras not safer, cause...
cody from louisiana: "how does the camera make people crash they just want to blame..."
-19 min 
Billy Graham, Louis Zamperini and the two nights in 1949 that...
john uk from wales: " ahem a classic statement on how to use sovereignty to set..."
-50 min 302 


Praise to the Lord, the...

Don Bell
No tears in heaven

Revelation 7:17
Sunday - AM
Lantana Grace Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Real Love Lived!
Andrew Quigley

Jonathan Hunt
The Life of CH Spurgeon

Church History Series
TIME in the Word...
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Idolatrous Works Religion

Book of Judges
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Consider Him

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Top 10 Puritan Hare Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..

Sermon:
The Real Christmas Tree!
Robert Rubino

SPONSOR | 300+

SPONSOR





                   
A dark hour makes Jesus bright. ... Robert Murray McCheyne

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.