members, click to sign in..

5,686 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
SEP 18, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -1 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  9/18/2014
THURSDAY, SEP 13, 2012  |  41 comments
Wal-Mart Sells Bible Helping Planned Parenthood-Funding Komen

Earlier today we told you that even as Karen Handel’s expose on Planned Parenthood was released to the nation, Wal-Mart was still selling the Komen Bibles that created massive flame of the Komen/Planned Parenthood firestorm last year.

I called LifeWay to see if they had any comment or idea about the matter. All of American knew of the recall so I was doubtful this was an action on their end. Marty King from LifeWay called me today and issued us this this statement:

LifeWay Christian Resources recalled the Cancer Awareness Bibles last winter, and was not aware until this morning that apparently all of them had not been returned to us. We are investigating the situation with the intention of obtaining any supplies that remain in the marketplace. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.lifenews.com

Ever right to have abortion?
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Ever right to have abortion?Dr. Alan Cairns | 6/22/2009
•  Biblical View on Abortion - 1 • Pastor John MacArthur | 8/29/2009
•  180 The Movie (Full Video)Ray Comfort | 10/4/2011
•  Where Were They? • Robert Haling | 2/2/2011

   09/11/14  |  Will GOP support for over-the-counter contraception woo women? • 1 comments
   09/07/14  |  Texas' Wendy Davis reveals in memoir of terminating 2... • 4 comments
   09/06/14  |  Stem Cell Concerns Don't Freeze Evangelical Enthusiasm for Ice... • 4 comments
   09/03/14  |  California: All Health Insurance Must Cover Abortion
   09/03/14  |  PBS Airs Documentary Promoting Late-Term Abortion • 7 comments
MORE RELATED ( ABORTION ) NEWS | MORE..
   09/17/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio iPhone + iPad Edition v3.8! • 98 comments
   09/16/14  |  ISIS 'Won't Be Afraid To Put A Bomb In Lower Manhattan' • 8 comments
   09/14/14  |  Islamic State claims beheading of British hostage: SITE • 5 comments
   09/14/14  |  Scottish independence campaign lead before vote - ICM poll • 24 comments
   09/14/14  |  Atheist Bill Maher Defends Christians as Host Charlie Rose... • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   09/18/14  |  House passes bill to audit Federal Reserve
   09/18/14  |  Study: Artificial Sweeteners May Promote Diabetes • 2 comments
   09/18/14  |  Scotland braces for historic independence vote • 5 comments
   09/18/14  |  Satanists handing out religious literature at schools
   09/18/14  |  CA high school makes Chick-fil-A fly the coop • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 41 user comment(s)
News Item9/18/12 7:29 AM
KJV English speaking Onlyist  Find all comments by KJV English speaking Onlyist
Jim a person could get saved with a Book of Moron, because Smithy stole so much of the AV, but that does not make it a bible.
"You, who think we need a new Bible, something better than the Bible, the old Bible, expurgated Bible, take head to our experiences. Eighteen months of preaching its Gospel, thirty thousand men and women won to Christ, proves that the Bible, the old Bible, is what the world needs, what the twentieth century needs."
Torrey said that after retuning from a Asian revival tour. And he supported the RV.
41

News Item9/17/12 2:01 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Well, if you read the intro to that letter form reply, you would see that, that person was saved using a Catholic Bible. Maybe you're a born again Catholic John? The Claims of the Latin Vulgate-only View. Many who support King James Onlyism are of the Arminian point of view. If that view were true (and no it isn't), but let's say it was, then think how many more people these early 20th century gentlemen would have led to Christ if they had used the ASV or the Authorized RV!

Ah, but before I continue with that I should have pointed out where I got quotation at the very end of my other message, but ran out of space, LifeWay Christian Resources Ending Sale of Pink Bibles After Uproar. "Give credit where's credit do."

Anyway, I would suggest that you gentlemen pick up the book, King James Version Debate By D. A. Carson--for free A Response to a Brother in Christ-Dr. Morris...[/

40

News Item9/17/12 8:06 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
I use the King James Bible, and give out gospel tracts written by Anglican Bishop John Ryle (of Liverpool), and another of my heroes of the faith was Anglican (George Whitefield). Maybe I'm a born again Anglican.
39

News Item9/17/12 6:59 AM
KJV English speaking Onlyist  Find all comments by KJV English speaking Onlyist
Jim, do you know about Billy Sunday, and Moundia Ham? Both of them led(not won Jesus did that) together at least 2 million people to the Lord. And what Bible did they use? The AV, and this was from at least 1900 to 1960, their use from God ended right at the same time America started falling and the "bible a year club was started"
38

News Item9/16/12 4:09 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Dear KJV Only Advocate:

'Do not give them a loaf of bread, covered with an inedible, impenetrable crust, fossilized by three and a half centuries. Give them the Word of God as fresh and warm and clear as the Holy Spirit gave it to the authors of the Bible. . . . For any preacher or theologian who loves God's Word to allow that Word to go on being misunderstood because of the veneration of an archaic, not-understood version of four centuries ago is inexcusable, and almost unconscionable'---Edward H. Palmer

and of course a Bible that doesn't have so many errors in it, i.e., Indisputable, universally recognized errors in the KJV. This is one reason to read Comparing Bible Translations

Oh, the article,

Susan Tyrrell from Lifenews.com wrote:
If you want to give hope to a person with breast cancer, buy her a Bible, buy her a book of inspirational stories to go along with it, but don’t buy her the Komen version of the Bible. The text might be the same, but the funding isn’t.
37

News Item9/16/12 7:05 AM
KJV English speaking-Onlyist  Find all comments by KJV English speaking-Onlyist
A a burning devil hell, and I still do deserve it(please look at what I am trying to said before you go after me with your opinions)
36

News Item9/15/12 5:26 PM
Yochanan  Find all comments by Yochanan
KJV English speaking-Onlyist wrote:
Stop giving "kindness" to those who don't deserve it.
Think about it. What do YOU deserve?
35

News Item9/15/12 2:44 PM
KJV English speaking-Onlyist  Find all comments by KJV English speaking-Onlyist
Correction if it was sanitation by a Sodomite than it is a sodomite bible. Stop giving "kindness" to those who don't deserve it. A KJV always points out sin the way God views it. Give them the Bibleial kindness of giving them the gospel and nothing else. In other words, love with hate, or in more better English be jealous(Ex 20:5, and many others)
34

News Item9/15/12 2:36 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Ah Triz the verses that Satan has in the KJV does blaspheme God's Name! Restating the Obvious about Bible Translation.

Romans 8:16

Romans 8:26

1 Peter 1:11

See a JFB commentary for the first two, there are just too many Indisputable, universally recognized errors in the KJV. The NIV (1984 and earlier versions) is so much better than the AV! This is why this homosexual Bible was kicked off it's throne. Unfortunately, Lifeway could have used the KJV for the Komen Bible, making a heretical Bible used for a bad means. They also might have used the NKJV or Holman versions which are quite acceptable, Russ as he pointed out, using Bible for other than its intended purpose can raise some doubts. In this case some moneys went for a very bad cause.

33

News Item9/15/12 9:20 AM
Triz Trzcinski  Find all comments by Triz Trzcinski
KJV English speaking-Onlyist wrote:
Do I had to?
If someone calls you a b***** then tell them your parents was married. If they call you a a** then tell them you got two legs not four. Make them think. Do the same when their using the Lord's name in vain
And Kirk when it comes to the NIV go to Brother Bryan Videos of the NIV
I believe it. My wife says, "Darling, you won't believe it, but I found the most adorable baby on our doorstep and I've decided to keep it for our very own. Now you won't believe it, but it's got exactly my eyes and nose." Why does she keep saying I won't believe it? I believe it! I believe it.

http://www.kingjamesvideoministries.com/aboutus.htm

32

News Item9/15/12 5:28 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
Maybe I don't get it, but...if "the majority rules" is not a rule by which truth is determined, how can the number of manuscripts of a type matter in the determination?
Bro Mike

Yes, that would be logical "if" the 'majority rules is not a rule'.

However, in the case of Bible ms copies, it indeed "is" the rule. And a very good rule at that. Because if an autograph was copied by one man ten times, the chances of him making an copyist error in the same place more than once is extremely unlikely. And the chances of him making the same copyist error in three of his ten copies is virtually impossible. The likelyhood is that one ms would have the error and nine would be perfect, in that one place. So that a consensus would reveal the error, and a perfect copy shine out.

31

News Item9/14/12 6:55 PM
KJV English speaking-Onlyist  Find all comments by KJV English speaking-Onlyist
Mike, John UK is talking about bible (")transitions("), not Chairman Mao's books.
30

News Item9/14/12 6:42 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Maybe I don't get it, but...if "the majority rules" is not a rule by which truth is determined, how can the number of manuscripts of a type matter in the determination? If many are copies, does that add to authority, or merely to the number of manuscripts?

It is estimated that there were over a billion of Chairman Mao's quotation books printed. By what stretch can it be said the sheer number of copies made the book any more credible? At the same time, there were few Bibles in China. By what stretch can it be said that because there were so fewer Bibles than Mao's book, it must be the Bible that is untrustworty? What kind of reasoning would that be called?

Like I said, maybe I don't get it.

29

News Item9/14/12 5:48 PM
KJV English speaking-Onlyist  Find all comments by KJV English speaking-Onlyist
Jim Lincoln wrote:
There are also some **** *** versions q.v., II Peter 2:16, the KJV being one of those,
Do I had to?
If someone calls you a b***** then tell them your parents was married. If they call you a a** then tell them you got two legs not four. Make them think. Do the same when their using the Lord's name in vain
And Kirk when it comes to the NIV go to Brother Bryan Videos of the NIV
28

News Item9/14/12 5:37 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Kirk wrote:
Likewise by your logic:
"If you take any one of 5000 majority text NT manuscripts, and you compare it with another, there is no doubt there are a multitude of differences. There is a simple conclusion to make concerning this: They cannot both be correct. And you must likewise believe it is important to know which one is incorrect."
So which one?
Apparently, you've hit upon the principle for choosing texts. Obviously these are all copies, and a multitude of copies safeguards against error by force of numbers. This is why I said compare all 5,000 texts and translate from a consensus. Is this not right?

But how do you compare a meagre little group of minority texts? Even the two main ones, Vaticanus and Sinaiticus disagree with each other.

BTW, why do you trust the Bible to be fact and not fiction?

27

News Item9/14/12 5:29 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
John UK wrote:
If you take a Bible, let's say, the KJV, and you compare it with, let's say, the NIV, there is no doubt there are a multitude of differences. Some verses found in one are not found in the other. There is a simple conclusion to make concerning this: They cannot both be correct. And I believe it is important to know which one is incorrect.
Likewise by your logic:

"If you take any one of 5000 majority text NT manuscripts, and you compare it with another, there is no doubt there are a multitude of differences. There is a simple conclusion to make concerning this: They cannot both be correct. And you must likewise believe it is important to know which one is incorrect."

So which one?

26

News Item9/14/12 5:22 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Kirk wrote:
Disagree profoundly.
Good night John.
Ah, you disagree with my statement that nothing can be proven about the Bible. Okay, well I profoundly disagree with your disagreement. And if anytime you would care to prove any single point about the Bible, I will be the first to congratulate you.

You say: "You seem to have held that a great number of translations are wrong."

Ah, now no-one needs to know any greek to agree with me on this. If you take a Bible, let's say, the KJV, and you compare it with, let's say, the NIV, there is no doubt there are a multitude of differences. Some verses found in one are not found in the other. There is a simple conclusion to make concerning this: They cannot both be correct. And I believe it is important to know which one is incorrect.

You say: "I hold to the majority text, but it is evident that God has blessed even the usage of alexandrian texts."

Yes, that is true, and you know why? It is because 90-95% of the two main text groups agree as one. But why do people want the 94% Bible, when they can have the complete thing?

You say: "I certainly would NOT make evident blessing the basis for an assumption of inerrancy."

Correct. Neither would I.

G'night Kirk.

25

News Item9/14/12 5:04 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
Agree with much of that, but

John UK wrote:
No-one can say that a translation is wrong unless they have the greek text to compare. This is why I say that "faith" is very involved. And observation of what God blesses.
This is inconsistent with your constant berating of unauthorised versions for being different. You seem to have held that a great number of translations are wrong.

I hold to the majority text, but it is evident that God has blessed even the usage of alexandrian texts. But (on the basis of the plain teaching of scripture) I certainly would NOT make evident blessing the basis for an assumption of inerrancy.

John UK wrote:
Another fact is that no-one can prove anything about "the Bible" because there are no autographs extant.
Disagree profoundly. What happened to your inerrancy?

And there is much to be gleaned and learned from good scholarship!

Good night John.

24

News Item9/14/12 4:29 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Kirk wrote:
Your own rejection of other versions is that they are based upon different texts.
Again, different to what?
Sorry for delay - phone call.

I cannot give you any information myself on greek texts, as I am not a scholar nor a researcher into these things, and so I have to rely on info provided by a Reformed Protestant Bible Society, men who know what they are talking about.

The two main groups of mss are very different. On the one side there are extant some 5,000 greek texts, and on the other a very tiny group.

Now here is my own claim: You study those 5,000 greek mss and make a translation from them into English, and you have got a Bible which is true.

As for a "standard" text, I have never said that there is one. In fact, no-one knows the greek mss which the KJV translators used for each verse.

Another fact is that no-one can prove anything about "the Bible" because there are no autographs extant. So all this scholarly subterfuge is merely a smokescreen which befuzzles the Christian public.

No-one can say that a translation is wrong unless they have the greek text to compare. This is why I say that "faith" is very involved. And observation of what God blesses.

23

News Item9/14/12 3:53 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
John UK wrote:
I am not a greek scholar, and need not be one, because I have an English version of the Bible which God has set his seal on.
I am not a greek scholar either John, nor is that relevant to the question.

Your own rejection of other versions is that they are based upon different texts.
Again, different to what?
What is your inerrant source greek NT text that underpins your inerrant version?
TTTTR was written in English perhaps that will help you locate it.

22
There are a total of 41 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
NFL Reportedly Makes Star QB Remove 'Know Jesus, Know Peace'...
1517: "he chose to take it off."
-1 hrs 
Table Manners: Why We Take Communion Every Week
ms: "to all here on sa who love truth... please read the article which ladybug..."
-1 hrs 137 
Isil want to assassinate the Pope, says Iraq's ambassador to...
john uk from wales: " christopher000 yes you did, john. i'm notiquite sure why..."
-1 hrs 13 


Christ Eating the Passover
Richard Warmack
Character Of The Citizen's...

Sermon On The Mount
Sunday Service
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Store Item
Bad Company Corrupts Good Morals

Curtis Knapp
Product: Paperback
$5 USD

Rev. John Marcus
A Workman Approved of God

Catechism Season
Protestant Reformed Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Steve Reynolds
Shrinking your church

Losing to live
Capital Baptist Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Mark B. Lawless
Thorny Field of the Slothful

Sundry Semons
Battlefield Baptist Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Bible's Providential Preservation

Free MP3s: King James Vers­ion, Other Vers­ions, Textus Rec­ept­us, Mas­or­etic Text, Etc.
www.puritandownloads.com/th..

Sponsor:
Chantry,Quinn,Daniel 2014 Conference

Faith Bible Church Oct 10-12 "The Joy of Worsh­ip"
www.sermonaudio.com

Sponsor:
Ichabod
www.amazon.com/gp/product/1..






                   
Be as busy as a bee, but never a busybody! ... Alexander Simpson

Las Vegas, NV
  26   DAYS LEFT
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.