members, click to sign in..

5,722 active users!!Bandwidth
TUESDAY
SEP 2, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -8 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  9/2/2014
SUNDAY, AUG 12, 2012  |  14 comments  |  1 commentary
Paul Ryan, a staunch conservative built on self-reliance
The defining moment of Ryan’s life came early. He had grown up in Janesville, Wis., a city of 63,000 in the state’s southern tier.

One day, at 16 years old, he tried to wake his father, only to realize that he had died from a heart attack. His grandmother, who had Alzheimer’s disease, moved in.

Such difficulties only reinforced Ryan’s belief in self-reliance. He had inherited some of his thinking from Patrick W. Ryan, his crusty great-grandfather, who in 1884 founded a Wisconsin construction company that initially relied on a pack of mules, eventually helped build Chicago’s O’Hare airport, and continues to be run by the family.

Ryan’s greatest influence, he said years later, was Rand, author of the novels, “The Fountainhead” and “Atlas Shrugged.” While he is a committed anti-abortion Catholic and rejects Rand’s atheism, support for abortion rights, and her views on anarchy, he embraces her ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.boston.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Paul Ryan, Romney's VP • 290+
Sean E. Harris | Berean Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

Seals 5 & 6: Persecuted Church
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  The Christian and Government • Pastor John MacArthur | 6/27/2009
•  America's Greatest Need • Russ Sukhia | 7/1/2007
•  Seals 5 & 6: Persecuted ChurchDr. Joel Beeke | 11/11/2012
•  Response to Obama's Presidency • Marc Monte | 11/9/2008

   08/03/14  |  Barna: Many pastors wary of raising 'controversy' • 20 comments
   07/25/14  |  Rand Paul Veers Off Party Line on Sentencing, Voting Rights • 1 comments
   07/07/14  |  The GOP's War on Tea Party May Cost it the Senate • 27 comments
   07/06/14  |  Black Minister Admits Votes Were Bought And Sold To Defeat Tea... • 15 comments
   06/17/14  |  ‘There Is No God’ In Washington • 15 comments
MORE RELATED ( POLITICS ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/31/14  |  Captured ISIS Laptop Contains Bubonic Plague, WMD Information • 10 comments
   08/29/14  |  Deadliest Ebola Outbreak in History Death Toll Climbs Over 1,500
   08/29/14  |  Federal judge decrminalizes polygamy • 3 comments
   08/20/14  |  Legal-Courts Same-sex 'marriage' freight train derailed in Tenn. • 2 comments
   08/18/14  |  Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it • 40 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   09/02/14  |  Obama Administration Punishes Oklahoma for Repealing Common Core...
   09/02/14  |  Raped and Slaughtered: Muslim Persecution of Christians, April,... • 7 comments
   09/02/14  |  New Hampshire Supreme Court Upholds Law Providing Tax Credits... • 1 comments
   09/02/14  |  Former Muslim UK school director funding Islamic State • 1 comments
   09/02/14  |  TIME: The Great Nunquisition • 20 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 14 user comment(s)
News Item8/13/12 10:19 PM
Alyhandro | Arizona  Find all comments by Alyhandro
Glad you enjoyed my rant frank every so often I have to blow off steam and I think my wife is sick of hearing it from me so you guys get to hear it instead. God bless all you guys here and pray that gods will bless our nation and it's leaders with guidance
14

News Item8/13/12 9:11 PM
marty | usa  Find all comments by marty
"The Freemasons were/are ecumenical and tolerant in their beliefs. Is being ecumenical Christian? Of course not."

So... something good can be spawned forth from a rotten tree? Or, Christians can't create something better than unbelievers?

"However, if you were in the New England colonies or perhaps even Maryland, during colonial times and were not one of the in groups of those colonies, you would appreciate a lot more tolerance than they showed."

Umm, couldn't you just leave? Or, couldn't you just obey the laws while there? Or, couldn't you argue for laws and norms that better reflect God's law?

"it was just one of the things that made the United States a secular country that believed in separation of church and state. Amen."

Separation of Church and State isn't separation of State and Christianity. The Scriptures are clear (as is logic), there is no neutral, "secular" worldview. What we have now is secular humanism with naturalistic materialism (plus a little dash of pragmatism). Plus, we've murdered a few million people since the early 70s... so things aren't really that "tolerant"

13

News Item8/13/12 2:01 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
The Freemasons were/are ecumenical and tolerant in their beliefs. Is being ecumenical Christian? Of course not. However, if you were in the New England colonies or perhaps even Maryland, during colonial times and were not one of the in groups of those colonies, you would appreciate a lot more tolerance than they showed. it was just one of the things that made the United States a secular country that believed in separation of church and state. Amen.

You gentlemen have hit the nail on the head, in the last two comments. However, I don't see anyone pushing in Washington for what Jack Abramhoff, reform in the lobbying system, ‘Evil’ lobbyist Jack Abramoff talk US politics (short YouTube). Albeit, a liberal site, and no Jesus wasn't a liberal or a conservative politician, but it does show that the Republicans win the gold medal in this honesty The Record of Republican Corruption (up through 2008).

12

News Item8/13/12 7:38 AM
marty | usa  Find all comments by marty
"I'm glad we were started as a Masonic republic, with a high interest in the ancient Rome and Greece -- the good history of them of course"

Why?

11

News Item8/12/12 11:25 PM
Frank | Clearwater, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Alyhandro wrote:
The short and long of it for me is all politicians are tard with the same bucket of you know what. There all liars thieves and degenerates and they will say and do anything to get votes. The only thing I hope is that the homo socialist Obama gets voted out cause he is destroying our economy and maybe the Mormon can fix it he seems pretty smart at that sort of thing
Very well said! Your comment was a blessing to me. Yes, they are all morally the same or they wouldn't be running for "high" office, but then perhaps one can do better than the other. Politics is the art of compromise; Christianity is not!
10

News Item8/12/12 9:48 PM
Alyhandro | Arizona  Find all comments by Alyhandro
The short and long of it for me is all politicians are tard with the same bucket of you know what. There all liars thieves and degenerates and they will say and do anything to get votes. The only thing I hope is that the homo socialist Obama gets voted out cause he is destroying our economy and maybe the Mormon can fix it he seems pretty smart at that sort of thing
9

News Item8/12/12 3:40 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Huh? the Founding Fathers were deists like T. Jefferson, atheists, like B. Franklin, or Unitarians like the Adams family. We have had numerous leaders that had respect for orthodox Christianity, but weren't Christians themselves. They liked secular government seeing in the world too much religion and government mixed together and eschewed state churches. I'm glad we were started as a Masonic republic, with a high interest in the ancient Rome and Greece -- the good history of them of course.

We have had few Christians as Presidents who were Christians, Woodrow Wilson (unfortunately a racist), but also Harry Truman, and one who certainly called himself a Christian and sometimes acted like one in office, Jimmy Carter.

8

News Item8/12/12 3:21 PM
continuing fathers  Find all comments by continuing fathers
This is a predominately evangelical nation founded by a vast majority of biblical Christian leaders. For 236 years there's been at least one evangelical presidential candidate. So, too, is the case in this election cycle.

That evavgelicalism has always produced world-class leaders cannot be denied.

There's nothing new under the Sun.

7

News Item8/12/12 3:09 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Michael, I like your comment, but of course,

Romans 3
21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;---NASB

Mr. Ryan should be called rather a staunch reactionary, but one of the good ideas he has, Paul Ryan: ‘I Agree’ We Need To Reinstate Glass-Steagall, will no doubt be rejected by his leader Romney and the Republican delegation.

Well, I have said Christians shouldn't be running for public office--for what are they doing trying to lord over men?--but the Republican ticket, there is no such worry, since Roman Catholics, Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses have much in common with each other, and are not Christians.

6

News Item8/12/12 3:04 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Frank wrote:
Good question! You do realize that the Muslims are also against abortion and homosexuality. So, my response would be the same as if a Muslim was running for office. Their foundations are bad, therefore whatever they build is bad. Muslims have reinvented Christ, Mormons have done the same thing and of course the Vatican has done it better than the others. Now I am not saying that voting for Ryan is wrong, but if someone says Ryan has moral credibility, then they are saying that someone can be moral and not be "in Christ". Remember, I am simply using your argument as you presented it. I also know that Catholics believe that to be true, while "most" fundamentalists don't.
The difference between Muslims, Mormons and Catholics are that Muslims and Mormons have never worshipped Jesus as God whereas Catholis have always worshipped Jesus as God.

Michael H:I have always believed in and worshipped the biblical Jesus. And I have always believed in the biblical Virgin Mary. I do not pray to the Virgin Mary. It is false to state that the Catholic Church believes in a false jesus and a false virgin mary. The Creed states "WE BELIEVE IN ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST"(Biblical Jesus). I embraced the biblical Jesus as my Savior during an Altar Call.

5

News Item8/12/12 2:24 PM
Frank | Clearwater, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Michael Hranek wrote:
John, your smear of and imagined anti-Catholic bigotry stinks. I am against Catholicism because it is false, because it harms Catholic people, because it teaches them a false Gospel, that cannot save them but blasphemes the finished work of Christ.
Well said Michael, I agree fully. I just want Christ and His finished work on the cross glorified. I and all true believers in Christ have His righteousness or we are still in our sins. Well said!
4

News Item8/12/12 2:10 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
You Evangelical/Fundamentalist Protestants on here are probably against Ryan just on the basis of him being a Catholic?
John Yurich,
While I certainly cannot speak to what everyone else who posts on SermonAudio thinks of Paul Ryan, I can indeed speak for myself.

John, your smear of and imagined anti-Catholic bigotry stinks. I am against Catholicism because it is false, because it harms Catholic people, because it teaches them a false Gospel, that cannot save them but blasphemes the finished work of Christ.

I would love to see you, Paul Ryan, the Pople and for that matter any other Catholic come to genuine repentance of their sins against Christ, renounce their belief in the RC Mary (not the Mary of the Bible) and renounce the false jesus of the RCC, the RC eucharist, RC Sacraments, Purgatory, the Pope, etc. and come to whole hearted faith in Jesus Christ as God Himself reveals Him to be in Scripture, crying out to Him to save them from their sins until He does.

If, and it is a BIG IF considering how wimpy Republicans are in the face of the slamming the democrats and the media that is in a hellish political bed with them are, IF Paul Ryan is our VP I hope he does a good job and influences Mit Romney to do so too.

3

News Item8/12/12 12:38 PM
Frank | Clearwater, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
John Yurich USA wrote:
So why would any Evangelical/Fundamentalist Protestant be against any Catholic politician who holds the same belief that Evangelical/Fundamentalist Protestants hold that abortion and homosexuality are evil?
Good question! You do realize that the Muslims are also against abortion and homosexuality. So, my response would be the same as if a Muslim was running for office. Their foundations are bad, therefore whatever they build is bad. Muslims have reinvented Christ, Mormons have done the same thing and of course the Vatican has done it better than the others. They are indeed the best counterfeit. I only mentioned these three because they are the most notable in our culture.

Now I am not saying that voting for Ryan is wrong, but if someone says Ryan has moral credibility, then they are saying that someone can be moral and not be "in Christ". Remember, I am simply using your argument as you presented it. I also know that Catholics believe that to be true, while "most" fundamentalists don't. Hope this helps you to understand Christianity!

2

News Item8/12/12 11:31 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
You Evangelical/Fundamentalist Protestants on here are probably against Ryan just on the basis of him being a Catholic? Ryan's beliefs that abortion and homosexuality are evil are in line with Evangelical/Fundamentalist Protestant beliefs that abortion and homosexuality are evil. So why would any Evangelical/Fundamentalist Protestant be against any Catholic politician who holds the same belief that Evangelical/Fundamentalist Protestants hold that abortion and homosexuality are evil?
1
There are a total of 14 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Joel Osteen's wife accused of 'blasphemous' remarks
jessica dawson from canada: " e. trinfeld '“i just want to encourage everyone of..."
-4 min 28 
TIME: The Great Nunquisition
frank: " gstexas frank, so glad you are posting again! it seemed like something..."
-12 min 20 
Raped and Slaughtered: Muslim Persecution of Christians,...
a prayer for all the christians being persecuted.: ""
-2 hrs 


Audio Bible: Luke 22
Scott T. Brown
Jesus Took Bread

Matthew
Sunday Service
Hope Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Hourly:
A Backslidden Church
Phil Johnson
The GraceLife Pulpit
Staff Picks..

Blog 8/29/14
God Be With You ‘Til We Meet Again...

New York Gospel Mission
for the past sev­eral weeks, many people have expr­ess­ed...

Sermon:
Come Hell or High Water!
Robert Rubino






                   
God assures us of a future that is better than all our past. ... J. C. Stern

Las Vegas, NV
  42   DAYS LEFT
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.