members, click to sign in..

3,270 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
APR 17, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -26 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
THURSDAY, APRIL 17, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
FRIDAY, JUL 6, 2012| 35 comments
The Creation Museum evolves

Five years after it opened, the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Ky., still gleams, and life-size dinosaurs still tread the Earth, shoulder-to-shoulder with humans. But behind the scenes, one of the most ambitious efforts in America to counter evolutionary theory has hit a roadblock.

When you walk into the Creation Museum, one of the first things you see is an exhibit of a doe-eyed human child crouched next to a velociraptor dinosaur. The two seem not at all surprised that their epochs have collided. Homo sapiens and velociraptors missed each other by a good 65 million years, according to most scientists, but in the world of the Creation Museum, humans and dinosaurs were created on the same day 6,000 years ago, coexisting peacefully in the Garden of Eden. A thousand years later, a 600-year-old man ushered them onto Noah's ark.

Answers in Genesis, a ministry founded in Australia, built the Creation ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
news.yahoo.com

Was Darwin Right? Part 2
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Genesis: Reclaiming Culture • Ken Ham | 5/22/2003
•  Was Darwin Right? Part 2Dr. Terry Mortenson | 1/16/2009
•  Answers Academy: Big BangJason Lisle | 6/1/2005
•  Six Creation Days: Rejected • Ken Ham | 11/27/2009

   04/17/14  |  NBA Star Stuns Some With His Comments About Creation • 2 comments
   04/16/14  |  Bill Nye Says He Wanted to Expose Why Ken Ham and Creationists... • 9 comments
   04/16/14  |  High noon at Bryan College
   04/07/14  |  Bryan College could lose faculty over creationism dispute • 4 comments
   03/28/14  |  Paul Madtes stands against the Church of the Nazarene’s academic... • 2 comments
MORE RELATED ( CREATION ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.2 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 9 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst’s One, Simple Comment • 39 comments
   04/13/14  |  U2's Bono Opens Up About Jesus, God And Praying With His Kids • 11 comments
   04/09/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Kindle Fire + Nook Tablet Version 2.2! • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/17/14  |  'Biggest land grab in the history of the world' • 14 comments
   04/17/14  |  Feds accused of leaving trail of wreckage after Nevada ranch... • 2 comments
   04/17/14  |  NBA Star Stuns Some With His Comments About Creation • 2 comments
   04/17/14  |  Judge stays most of Ohio gay marriage ruling • 1 comments
   04/17/14  |  Louisiana House votes 27-66 to keep anti-sodomy law on books • 3 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 35 user comment(s)
News Item7/15/12 8:34 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
thots wrote:
I assume from these references that your answer to my question is "Yes!"
I disagree.
Shocking!

thots wrote:
But then we believe in Total Depravity and you can't.
Read the verses again.

thots wrote:
BTW In response to your question. I believe Satan IS bound - But this is not 'completely' bound. He still can create havoc amongst sinners with his power of temptation. The extent of his binding is in Rev 20 itself, "that he should deceive the nations no more."
He still has power to blind, 2Cor 4:4.
Disguise himself as an angel of light 2Cor 11:14.
And as Peter states, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 1Peter 5:8.
The "binding" then is a specific limiting of his power rather than a cessation.
I have to say, more redefinition of simple words that they may fit the favored viewpoint, doesn't surprise in the least. But I have hope for you yet!
35

News Item7/15/12 3:48 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Lurker wrote:
Good question, John.
When I read the text it seems to flow as a continous thought from the mind of God which He didn't intend to be sliced and diced with a 2,000 year gap. But then, that's just my opinion.
Yes, it's a fair cop. It does seem most unlikely for a fixed period of time to be so divided. And thanks to thots for hoekema's quote - could well be right. But sorry Jim, Gil's theory seems too far-fetched and the Spirit doesn't give me any joy in trying to believe that.
34

News Item7/15/12 2:40 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
I think the Scofield commentary can be of help:
C.I. Scofield wrote:
Isaiah 61:2:

acceptable year of the Lord
Observe that Jesus suspended the reading of this passage in the synagogue at Nazareth lu 4:16-21 at the comma in the middle of isa 61:2. The first advent, therefore, opened the day of grace, "the acceptable year of Jehovah," but does not fulfil the day of vengeance. That will be taken up when Messiah returns 2th 1:7-10 Cf. ; isa 34:8; isa 35:4-10. The last verse, taken with the 4th, gives the historic connection: the vengeance precedes the regathering of Israel, and synchronizes with the day of the Lord. ; isa 2:10-22; re 19:11-21; isa 63:1-6.

I would suggest that you at least read the summary to the sermon, the
Abrahamic Covenant in the Last Days
33

News Item7/15/12 1:58 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
John UK wrote:
Isaiah 61:1-2 KJV
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
Why stop midverse 2?
Good question, John.

When I read the text it seems to flow as a continous thought from the mind of God which He didn't intend to be sliced and diced with a 2,000 year gap. But then, that's just my opinion.

Regarding the binding of Satan with chains of darkness; I believe the biblical word which gives the proper sense is "dominion". Nebuchadnezzar was given dominion over God's people and it was taken away. The little horn (false prophet) was given dominion for a time and the judgment took it away (Dan 7:23-28).

If during the millennial kingdom Satan is absolutely powerless then it must follow that before the millennial kingdom Christ is equally powerless.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Can anyone answer when His power was taken away and given to Satan?

32

News Item7/15/12 1:11 PM
thots  Find all comments by thots
John UK wrote:
I'm not sure
Quote;
"Paraphrased, his answer goes something like this: “During the gospel era which has now been ushered in, Satan will not be able to continue deceiving the nations the way he did in the past, for he has been bound. During this entire period, therefore, you, Christ’s disciples, will be able to preach the gospel and make disciples of all nations.”

This does not imply that Satan can do no harm whatever while he is bound. It means only what John says here: While Satan is bound he cannot deceive the nations in such a way as to keep them from learning about the truth of God. Later in the chapter we are told that when the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations of the world to gather them together to fight against and, if possible, to destroy the people of God (verses 7-9). This, however, he cannot do while he is bound. We conclude, then, that the binding of Satan during the gospel age means that, first, he cannot prevent the spread of the gospel, and second, he cannot gather all the enemies of Christ together to attack the church" (A.Hoekema)

31

News Item7/15/12 11:58 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
thots wrote:
I'm not quite sure where you are going John. You suggest that I have implied a time of Satan not bound/limited. Well no I have not explicitly said that, since God has always been in sovereign authority over all His creatures. Satan included.
I merely have pointed out that the "binding" statement of Rev 20 is specific. Of course the fact that the verse states binding - itself implies a previous unbound state.
I'm not sure where I'm going either. But...

Revelation 20:1-3 KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

It seems to me, that if you take this fairly literally, there is no "partial" binding, but rather he is powerless completely. I don't see any other way you can take it. It upsets my apple cart, but I can't help that, can I?

30

News Item7/15/12 10:50 AM
thots  Find all comments by thots
John UK wrote:
Pardon my butting in, but that would imply that there was a time when he was NOT bound, not limited. And when would that have been, exactly? I always thought that when the devil was thrown out of heaven his activities were limited by God. (cf. the book of Job.)
I'm not quite sure where you are going John. You suggest that I have implied a time of Satan not bound/limited. Well no I have not explicitly said that, since God has always been in sovereign authority over all His creatures. Satan included.

I merely have pointed out that the "binding" statement of Rev 20 is specific. Of course the fact that the verse states binding - itself implies a previous unbound state.

29

News Item7/15/12 10:36 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
thots wrote:
The "binding" then is a specific limiting of his power rather than a cessation.
Pardon my butting in, but that would imply that there was a time when he was NOT bound, not limited. And when would that have been, exactly? I always thought that when the devil was thrown out of heaven his activities were limited by God. (cf. the book of Job.)
28

News Item7/15/12 10:10 AM
thots  Find all comments by thots
Mike wrote:
Mark 2:17
"When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."
1 John 3:8
"He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."
I assume from these references that your answer to my question is "Yes!"
I disagree.

But then we believe in Total Depravity and you can't.

BTW In response to your question. I believe Satan IS bound - But this is not 'completely' bound. He still can create havoc amongst sinners with his power of temptation. The extent of his binding is in Rev 20 itself, "that he should deceive the nations no more."
He still has power to blind, 2Cor 4:4.
Disguise himself as an angel of light 2Cor 11:14.
And as Peter states, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 1Peter 5:8.
The "binding" then is a specific limiting of his power rather than a cessation.

27

News Item7/15/12 9:54 AM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
Jim -- the only Kingdom that Christ authorized the disciples to preach about was the Kingdom of Heaven. It is eternal and has already begun. Have you heard of it?
26

News Item7/15/12 5:19 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Lurker wrote:
When I occasionally pinch someone who is sold on dispensationalism, it's not because I can point to another system and say this one is right. In fact, when I first challenged Jim it was because he claimed the source prophecy of Luke 4:16-21 was only partially fulfilled with "the day of vengeance of our God" yet future. I don't understand that kind of mutilation of God's word. If a 2,000 year and counting gap can't be clearly perceived in Isaiah 61 (and it can't) then the system which requires it should be scrapped. I offered an alternative but, as usual, it fell on deaf ears.
Good morning bro, and I trust you will have a profitable Lord's Day. May all the Lord's children be edified and blessed, and sinners converted through the preaching of the gospel around the world, to the praise of God's glorious grace.

Now the text
Isaiah 61:1-2 KJV
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Why stop midverse 2?

25

News Item7/14/12 10:54 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Mike wrote:
In light of what we clearly observe, in what way is Satan bound? Seems like he's running wild.
Good question, Mike. Whose definition of Satan shall we use?

Seriously, Mike, (not that my previous question wasn't serious) I've come to the conclusion that none of the eschatological views in circulation today have it right, no, not one. There is not one view that will not encounter some sort of contradiction or disharmony when put to the test such as what you pointed out.

When I occasionally pinch someone who is sold on dispensationalism, it's not because I can point to another system and say this one is right. In fact, when I first challenged Jim it was because he claimed the source prophecy of Luke 4:16-21 was only partially fulfilled with "the day of vengeance of our God" yet future. I don't understand that kind of mutilation of God's word. If a 2,000 year and counting gap can't be clearly perceived in Isaiah 61 (and it can't) then the system which requires it should be scrapped. I offered an alternative but, as usual, it fell on deaf ears.

Btw, I challenged Jim on Luke 4:16-21 because the text contains the only biblical hermeneutic I am aware, which I employ passionately, which he promptly relegated to the dung heap.

24

News Item7/14/12 6:11 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
thots wrote:
Mike. What makes you think this is all Satan's "fault?"
Do you think that 'sin' is Satan's work or is 'sin' independent of Satan?
Mark 2:17
"When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

1 John 3:8
"He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."

23

News Item7/14/12 3:15 PM
thots  Find all comments by thots
Mike wrote:
Rather, it is apostasy, false teaching, and falling away that characterises our times. In light of what we clearly observe, in what way is Satan bound? Seems like he's running wild.
Mike. What makes you think this is all Satan's "fault?"

Do you think that 'sin' is Satan's work or is 'sin' independent of Satan?

22

News Item7/14/12 2:45 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Lurker of course there is a The Universal Kingdom of God, but there will be a actual physical Kingdom as well, with the return of Christ. But, as Who and What is the Church? points out the Church and the Kingdom are two different entities. No, it does have to be observed that The Unscriptural Theology of Amillennialism and Postmillennialism just don't agree with what the Bible says.
21

News Item7/14/12 12:07 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Mike wrote:
Hi Lurker, just wondering about something I hear often, and that is that Satan is bound now. You and I are old enough to observe with our own eyes the increasing evil of the times. What we aren't seeing is ever-increasing holiness and the kingdom of God on Earth. Rather, it is apostasy, false teaching, and falling away that characterises our times. In light of what we clearly observe, in what way is Satan bound? Seems like he's running wild.
Good morning, Mike.... Your observations about our present time is on the mark and your subsequent question is reasonable in light of what is so obvious. I don't have time right but perhaps this evening I can respond.

In the mean time I would mention that the Kingdom of God is not observable or temporal but is in the hearts of believers.

20

News Item7/14/12 6:57 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Lurker wrote:
---
Peter cited Joel because it was a historical account which served as a pattern which would occur three more times in biblical history; 1) culminating at Pentecost, 2) when Satan is bound at the first resurrection, 3) and 45 days (Daniel 12:12) after the second resurrection just like the first passover in Egypt marked the beginning of the day of the Lord's vengeance against Egypt and would be repeated four more times.
---
Hi Lurker, just wondering about something I hear often, and that is that Satan is bound now. You and I are old enough to observe with our own eyes the increasing evil of the times. What we aren't seeing is ever-increasing holiness and the kingdom of God on Earth. Rather, it is apostasy, false teaching, and falling away that characterises our times. In light of what we clearly observe, in what way is Satan bound? Seems like he's running wild.
19

News Item7/14/12 2:49 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Pentecost fulfilled what Joel had discribed, but his prophecies were not fulfilled, quoted in Acts 2:19-20.
Of course they were, Jim. In fact every minute detail of Joel's prophecy was fulfilled in its entirety during the reign of the Medes and Persians (Jer 51:11), not stretched over 2500 years partially fulfilled with no final fulfillment in sight.

Peter cited Joel because it was a historical account which served as a pattern which would occur three more times in biblical history; 1) culminating at Pentecost, 2) when Satan is bound at the first resurrection, 3) and 45 days (Daniel 12:12) after the second resurrection just like the first passover in Egypt marked the beginning of the day of the Lord's vengeance against Egypt and would be repeated four more times.

Dispensationalism mutilates the prophets by filling them with hundreds of 2,000 to 2,500 year gaps which God didn't author. They are not there and must be forced onto the texts. There's a better way, Jim, and it doesn't require one to be a full preterist. But if you are satisfied with such a system of biblical interpretation, then that may answer why you have such a low view of the inerrancy and infallibility of the bible.

18

News Item7/13/12 3:12 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Pentecost fulfilled what Joel had discribed, but his prophecies were not fulfilled, quoted in Acts 2:19-20.

Remember Lurker there are Dispensations and Preterism! I Can't Believe It!

17

News Item7/9/12 9:01 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Really from the fact, when you see Jesus quoting, Isaiah in Luke 14-19, but leaving of all after "And,"
Isaiah 61
2 To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn---
Because that part will not be fulfilled until Christ returns to earth.
Thanks Jim. But I must ask, regarding the texts you quoted: Don't you believe there was a day of the Lord's vengeance which began when Herod died and ended at Pentecost? Peter seemed to think so when He quoted Joel.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

16
There are a total of 35 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
Is the Name “Easter” of Pagan Origin?
john yurich usa from usa: " michael hranek jy what! don't you know the history..."
-1 hrs 35 
Michael Bloomberg: 'I Have Earned My Place in Heaven'
strat: "how did paul argue,dispute and persuade ? like some of the used car..."
-1 hrs 43 
'Biggest land grab in the history of the world'
kjg from amerika: "strat, i retract my statement. continue to live with the promise..."
-1 hrs 14 


Faith and Works Pt 2
Knoxville-Powell, TN
Temple Baptist Church

Play! | More

Kevin Swanson
College Is a Rip-Off

College Is a Rip-Off
Radio Broadcast
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Conscience
Dr. Curt D. Daniel

Pastor Joseph LoSardo
Forsaken

Psalms
Bread of Life Fellowship
Play! | MP3

Lin Brown
Let Love Continue

Grace Particular Baptist
Sunday Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
The Price Of Calvary

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Mistakes Of Modern Evangelism

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon: Doctrine of Assurance - Concl
Ken Jones






                   
A man full of hope will be full of action. ... Thomas Brooks
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials New!
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.