members, click to sign in..

5,193 active users!!Bandwidth
SUNDAY
DEC 21, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -10 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | $1 Signup!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  12/21/2014
FRIDAY, MAY 18, 2012  |  48 comments
Government sends KJV Bibles to all schools

The Education Secretary will this week send commemorative copies of the Bible to schools in England in celebration of 400 years of the King James Version.

No taxpayers’ money will be used for the project, the £370,000 cost is being met by donations from charities and individuals.

Secularists have nevertheless criticised the plan, saying the money could have been better spent on other things.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christian.org.uk

Best way to study the Bible?
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Alleged Discrepancies - 3 • David Nelms | 3/4/1992
•  Best way to study the Bible?Dr. Alan Cairns | 3/16/2009
•  3. Why Believe the Bible, Pt 1 • Paul Viggiano | 4/6/2003

   12/20/14  |  Elementary school allows Gideons International to distribute... • 1 comments
   12/19/14  |  The World's 10 Most Popular Bible Verses of 2014 • 23 comments
   12/01/14  |  Special Report: From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   11/29/14  |  Oklahoma school district caves to atheist group, cancels Bible... • 9 comments
   11/22/14  |  President Obama Cites the Bible in Immigration Speech • 24 comments
MORE RELATED ( BIBLE ) NEWS | MORE..
   12/21/14  |  Apple CEO Tim Cook Gives Hefty Donation to Gay Rights Campaign • 3 comments
   12/13/14  |  US Dept of Education to Schools: Let Students Choose if They Are... • 10 comments
   12/13/14  |  Kentucky Withdraws $18 Million in Tax Breaks for Noah's Ark... • 6 comments
   12/13/14  |  Homeschool mom sues 6 social workers for snatching kids • 4 comments
   12/12/14  |  The Vanishing Male Worker • 27 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 37 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   12/21/14  |  Major Chicago study finds red light cameras not safer, cause... • 6 comments
   12/21/14  |  Weekend Reads: Expanding the kingdom and following Christ • 1 comments
   12/21/14  |  Apple CEO Tim Cook Gives Hefty Donation to Gay Rights Campaign • 3 comments
   12/21/14  |  Evidence mounts in 'fired-for-being-Christian' case • 2 comments
   12/21/14  |  David Barton wins million-dollar defamation suit • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 48 user comment(s)
News Item5/26/12 2:06 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John, I was a smart 10 year old! But no, and it's parents that are suppose to be guiding children, and for the sake of argument, let's say this verse does apply to children--
Mark 9
42 "And whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea.---NASB

though no doubt applied to any new believer, not just children. In any event, it is the parents duty to raise up children in the correct way. Hey, but soon to British school near you may also have a Qur'an! Education Secretary Michael Gove Defends Plan To Send Copy Of King James Bible To Every State School. However if are placed in school libraries, as I read on the web, then these copies will be completely ignored by students--whew!--that was a close one!

TS, again, A Response to a Brother in Christ--Dr. Morris' "Defense" of the King James Bible Reviewed.

48

News Item5/25/12 3:50 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Jim Lincoln wrote:
John you're going to become a Calvinist yet! The Elect will be saved.
According to the Flower Power Fraternity, I have been a Calvinist since 1981. But I make no claim to such an unbiblical title.

When I was 10, I was also presented with a Bible, which was a NEB. I too said, "Ugh" and tossed it aside. But I would never use such a ridiculous argument to downplay that particular Bible. (Are we to bow down to the opinions of 10 year old kids now?)

Any "Bible" can be used of God to bring people to himself. But as you know, I have never denied that. What concerns me is the DIRECTION the MV's are going. It is all part of a greater agenda to gradually change the word of God until future generations will no longer be aware of what was originally there. Without serious research by individual Christians, no-one will know about omissions.

And also, as I've said before, the argument that the KJV is not comprehendable, you should weigh up the modern man's lust for learning the new technology, which is a whole new language, and which he will put time and effort into, in order to be able to bank online and get money out of ATM's. So that line won't wash either.

The KJV will reign supreme, no matter what you say.

47

News Item5/25/12 3:19 PM
TS  Find all comments by TS
Jim Lincoln wrote:
but it has to be in a language a person understands
#1. The King James Version of the Word of God was ordained of God 400 years ago to be translated into english and is such that english speaking people can and have read quite adequately ever since. Thus has the Lord built His Church.

#2. God, in addition to this historic fact, has ordained and recorded....
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." John 16:13

#3. Further to the good reception of the truth it should be urgently notified that the modern versions published in recent decades have utilised the Greek works of the Anglican Liberal heretics Westcott and Hort.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
King James Version of the Word of God.

46

News Item5/25/12 2:48 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John you're going to become a Calivinist yet! The Elect will be saved. May I remind you, however,

1 Corinthians 13
11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known.---NASB

John U.K., I was given a KJV by my parents at a young age (10 I believe) and of course I just said ugh! and tossed it aside. I still have it a box, somewhere. This is what of course any sensible person of any age will do with KJV. But praise God, at the time he appointed for me to receive him, a good Bible (when compared to the AV) the RSV had come out, all which help me be brought to God! Now, to say even if a highly readable Bible such as the ESV, NASB, NKJV etc. happens to be handy it doesn't say that a person will pick it up and believe it, but it has to be in a language a person understands, which is of course, Restating The Obvious About Bible Translations.

45

News Item5/24/12 3:34 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Whose going to explain to the children what they read, atheists and Mainliners?
The answer, if you really want it, was found in the very first verse you quoted, and illustrates what I meant when talking about God's sovereignty. Have a look at it:

Acts 8:26
26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

Now what was Philip doing when the angel of the Lord spoke to him? He was engaged in seeing hundreds, maybe thousands, of converts in Samaritan cities and villages. What a harvest for any preacher! But the Lord is also speaking to someone who has left Jerusalem on his way back to Ethiopia. He is reading a Jewish copy of the prophet Isaiah, in chapter 53, concerning the Messiah and his suffering in the place of sinners. And he cannot quite grasp it. God hath chosen through the foolishness of preaching, to save them that believe.

Note,

Acts 8:37
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Ever seen that before, Jim?

God is sovereign!!

44

News Item5/24/12 2:18 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John, U.K., you didn't respond to my comment at all, so apparently you others think the AV is a talisman? Pity, that's heresy. I see they are also going to foolishly have these Bibles (You know, Why I Do Not Think the King James Bible Is the Best Translation Available Today ) in primary schools? Whose going to explain to the children what they read, atheists and Mainliners?

ACT 8:26 ¶ But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, "Get up and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza." (This is a desert road.)
ACT 8:27 So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship,
ACT 8:28 and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah.
ACT 8:29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, "Go up and join this chariot."
ACT 8:30 Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
....
ACT 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him.---NASB

43

News Item5/23/12 3:08 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
west coast reader wrote:
Or Bart Ehrman... (I was blown away when I saw Jim quoting a clear willing Biblical apostate set out with the express purpose to destroy Bible credibility. Jim is getting worse and worse, falling farther and farther. Please repent of your attacks against the Bible Jim. Islam apologist's love to quote Bart Ehrman too when they attack the Bible, do you see your company Jim Lincoln?)
Yep! Worse and worse he gets. He's either a fifth columnist or going into dementia, possibly senility. Either way, he will not debate, nor seek the truth. He has been told many times, and may God have mercy on his soul.
42

News Item5/23/12 2:04 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Ah, gentlemen, anyone who can't see that the AV is a ridiculous version to use, really doesn't care about the What is the historic Christian position on Bible translations?... or just ...Restating The Obvious About Bible Translations

John UK, you may be somewhat surprised that we might have a slight agreement. First a reproduction of the original 1611 AV should have been given to schools. I assume you can any old 1769 AV lb for a pence. Kids won't even be interested in that, now something that is historical, something that haven't seen before, and guess what! they might even look at few verses. If they are of the elect those verses may have meaning to them immediately or years down the road. Why should even those who have a mundane (and no more understandable) 1769 AV covering a blemish on a coffee (or tea ) table already, want to look at one in school?

I would also not be passing out Bibles to schools that didn't have 14 year old kids or older.

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.---NAS

41

News Item5/23/12 12:47 PM
west coast reader  Find all comments by west coast reader
kenny wrote:
But he might if Gil Rugh, Doug Kutilek or John Ankerburger told him to.
Or Bart Ehrman... (I was blown away when I saw Jim quoting a clear willing Biblical apostate set out with the express purpose to destroy Bible credibility. Jim is getting worse and worse, falling farther and farther. Please repent of your attacks against the Bible Jim. Islam apologist's love to quote Bart Ehrman too when they attack the Bible, do you see your company Jim Lincoln?)
40

News Item5/23/12 12:06 PM
kenny | marietta, georgia  Find all comments by kenny
But he might if Gil Rugh, Doug Kutilek or John Ankerburger told him to.
39

News Item5/22/12 10:58 PM
Original James | Louisianna  Find all comments by Original James
I do not believe that you are "just curious". So until you begin to debate the subject in a rational way, and hearken to what is said, even if you don't accept it, I will answer none of your ridiculous questions.

John that is it! You nailed it! He does not want to discuss, debate or entertain the possibility that he is wrong or can be added to.
Jim is a Jesuit coadjitant, that only wants to discredit the Erasmus text, namely the KJV.
I think the only reason I post about this is for the other people that might be poisoned by Jim. But Jim wouldn't change his mind if Jesus came down and told him to use the KJV...

38

News Item5/22/12 3:26 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Jim, you haven't really given much thought to evangelism, nor to the sovereignty of God. You seem to imagine that conversions can be accomplished by taking folks through a few verses in Romans, and getting them to express a belief in THAT.

Howbeit, true conversions occur when God calls his elect, inwardly and outwardly, and it makes not a scrap of difference what version of the scripture is utilised. I hope you can grasp that important point. In many of the gospel texts, there is little difference between Bibles, but I should not want the new convert to begin studying a Bible which contained theological error. It is like drinking juice with just a touch of arsenic in it. Why not give them the very best we have today? Namely, the Authorized (King James) Version. At least that is unchanging, whereas the modern versions are changing all the time, with all their deletions and additions. Even some whole verses have been omitted. Amazing how those omitted verses contain important doctrinal statements, eh?

The war for God's word began in The Garden, and has not ceased ever since. And it will not cease until the second coming of Christ Jesus.

37

News Item5/22/12 3:09 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Actually, I can look over the 1611 one in electronic form, but I haven't very much however, the secularists can more effectively use the argument that this is giveaway is a tool of the evangelists in England. If anyone thought about it even they should realize it's a very ineffective tool, though. I would also say that the Ecumenicists won't like it either. The first group I mentioned don't have an argument still because Restating The Obvious About Bible Translations if one is going to use a Bible as an evangelism tool you put it into contemporary English, and the AV isn't, now I really don't care what ecumeniscists think either as you probably don't.

But as a historical tool this gift does fall way short of what its stated purpose is. Now, am I worked up about that, not really, it's a waste of money, but people on the whole should have a right to waste their money, even a lot of it, anyway they choose.

36

News Item5/22/12 2:55 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Jim Lincoln wrote:
...if it was the 1611 one...
Have you SEEN a 1611 AV? Do you think it would be edifying to anyone to read something in a different text type? And do you think a sinner would spend time reading The Preface? And do you think it would help a sinner to read the apocryphal books?

I can assure you that there are many in the UK who read the 1769 AV, even many children. And they admirably memorise great portions of God's word, which is able to make them wise unto salvation.

35

News Item5/22/12 2:44 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Well, apparently John, UK, I already posted my objections to the AV, for various reasons, The Truth About KJV Only: The Mormon, Ecumenical, Homosexual, and Neo Nazi Agendas. In fact if the AV's given out conformed, to what is suppose to be in a real AV, The Preface, q.v., The Preface to the King James Version And the King James Only position, the marginal notes, and The Apocrypha--the Mormons in Britain couldn't take advantage of this gift, or the secularists either.

So, no, I have already posted what I think of the AV, but as I said, I didn't find out if it was the 1611 one or the 1769 one, as Bibles they're both riddled with errors, so that is nothing new to anyone. So, I'm just curious. So, on the question on which version of the AV was being handed out, I have no ulterior motive, since I consider the AV important as literary and historical document.

34

News Item5/22/12 2:27 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Jim Lincoln wrote:
So, I'm just curious what are passing out in British schools?
I do not believe that you are "just curious". So until you begin to debate the subject in a rational way, and hearken to what is said, even if you don't accept it, I will answer none of your ridiculous questions.

Notwithstanding, if you peradventure have a change of heart, maybe I will seek to help you out of the deceptive quagmire into which you've esconsed yourself.

33

News Item5/22/12 1:44 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John UK, I still didn't get an answer if the 1611 or 1769 AV was given out in schools. To be historically accurate, these AV's of either year should have had, the Preface, the marginal notes, and The Apocrypha included. Now, the Secularists, could have a minor argument this was a stealth prothelizing program, if these Bibles didn't include the above three items. However, by now you and others should have realized that I --and no doubt the majority of Christians-- would not consider this any sort of spreading the Word of God, because it's in an antiquated language, which children will ignore or laugh at. So, I'm just curious what are passing out in British schools?

What NASB versions do I use, well on SA, usually it's just simpler for me to use the 1977 one, The 1995 that I use in church, e.g., changed the prayers, which have the antiquated "Thee's and Thou's" in them, the later version changed all of these into correct English, q.v., and Why the NASB?.

The RSV, by the way, has many less serious errors than the AV! O.James, you mean the AV added to the Bible.

32

News Item5/22/12 12:04 AM
weary soul | Oregon  Find all comments by weary soul
Hey you KJV defender types...
Thank you for the much needed lift!
31

News Item5/21/12 10:46 PM
Original James | Louisianna  Find all comments by Original James
As for the NKJV the following omissions make it unacceptable: omits " Lord 66 times, God 51 times, Heaven 50 times, Repent 44 times, blood 23 times, he'll 22 times, all these extremely archaic Elizabethan words are omitted. Also the NKJV ignores the Textus 1,200 times siding with Alexandrian and replaces the Masoretic OT with the corrupt Greek Septuagint.
30

News Item5/21/12 10:38 PM
Original James | Louisianna  Find all comments by Original James
Codex sinaiticus 1 of the 2 documents upon which all modern text are based: MISSING – Gen all but Chap 23-24, Exodus, Leviticus, Num except chap 5,6,7,
O.T.: Deut., Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1&2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles (except 9:27-19:17), 2 Chronicles, 1&2 Kings, Ezra 1-9:8, Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon, Lamentations 2:21- 5, Ezeliel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Obadiah, Micah, Zephaniah, Haggai. (way more missing than actually present)
However while they could not maintain the Cannon books of the OT they maintained many Appocraphal : Tobias, Judith, Abdias, Sophonias, Aggeus, 1 & 4 Machabees, Esdras, 1 Paralipomenon
N.T. is complete (allegedly) including apocryphal and Epistle of Barnabas and the Shepherd of

Codex vaticanus the most important (so they claim) of all manuscripts 1 of 2 text used not much better : MISSING - Gen 1-46:28 , 2 Sam 2:5-7, 10-13, Ps 27-137:6 , Heb 9:14-13:25 , 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus , Revelation, Philemon, Colossians

Not only do these text have HUGE omissions and additions, but they do not even agree with each other on any 2 consecutive verses.
This is why Vaticanus was rejected by Erasmus when it was offered to him. Just as he rejected the bribe of a cardinal to stop his work.
Keep propping up these terrible text, Jesuits. God wil

29
There are a total of 48 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 | last
Last PostTotal
Billy Graham, Louis Zamperini and the two nights in 1949 that...
dorcas: " s c thank you frank who stated,'...bg is an ecuminist and a lover of..."
-7 min 322 
Weekend Reads: Expanding the kingdom and following Christ
jim lincoln from nebraska: "url=http://www.sermonaudio.c..."
-37 min 
Apple CEO Tim Cook Gives Hefty Donation to Gay Rights Campaign
geoff from atlanta: "no amount of money will cause the truth of god to fail nor for..."
-1 hrs 


God's Message in Genesis
Chilliwack, British Columbia
Chilliwack Canadian Reformed Church

Play! | More

Don Bell
No tears in heaven

Revelation 7:17
Sunday - AM
Lantana Grace Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Real Love Lived!
Andrew Quigley

Ken Wimer
Idolatrous Works Religion

Book of Judges
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Jonathan Hunt
The Life of CH Spurgeon

Church History Series
TIME in the Word...
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Consider Him

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Top 10 Puritan Hare Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..

Sermon:
Defending the Faith
Bob Vincent

SPONSOR | 4,500+

SPONSOR





                   
A dark hour makes Jesus bright. ... Robert Murray McCheyne

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.