Sign in or signup

5,463 active users!!Bandwidth
MONDAY
MAY 2, 2016
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -20 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | FF | SA News
FRONT PAGE  |  5/2/2016
Choice News FRIDAY, MAR 2, 2012  |  10 comments  |  1 commentary
Maryland Becomes Eighth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley signed into law Thursday a bill recognizing same-sex marriage, making Maryland the eighth state to do so.

O'Malley, formerly a vocal opponent of gay marriage, signed the bill at 5:00 p.m. local time in a ceremony.

"For a free and diverse people, for a people of many faiths, for a people committed to the principle of religious freedom," O'Malley said, "The way forward is always found with greater respect for the rights of all."


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Maryland, Gay Marriage • 170+
Sean E. Harris | Berean Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

Basics of Courtship #1
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  The Bible and Homosexuality • Dr. Stephen Jones | 4/9/2007
•  Marriages MADE in Heaven! • Dr. John Barnett | 9/8/2002
•  God's View of Homosexuality, 1 • Pastor John MacArthur | 8/8/2010
•  Ruling on Same Sex Marriage • Dr. R. Albert Mohler, Jr. | 6/26/2015

   03/14/15  |  Another One Bites the Dust • 2 comments
   03/11/15  |  God Doesn't Want Matt Chandler to be Your Pastor • 21 comments
   01/08/14  |  Christian Post: Warning, this article may offend many Christians • 93 comments
   01/01/14  |  Michelle Obama praises lesbian TV anchor • 17 comments
   12/29/13  |  U.S. Slams 'Conservative Gender Norms' • 377 comments
MORE RELATED ( ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/30/16  |  Weather Channel Founder Slams Bill Nye: Calls him ‘a pretend... • 2 comments
   04/30/16  |  Target Boycott Crosses 1 Million Signers, Stock Sinks by $1.5... • 19 comments
   04/28/16  |  John Piper: Why Christians Should Bury, Not Cremate Their Dead • 43 comments
   04/27/16  |  CO Supreme Court: Christian Baker Must Bake 'Gay"Wedding Cakes • 24 comments
   04/27/16  |  #BoycottTarget Dominates Top 10 Facebook Trends Three Days in a... • 50 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/29/16  |  Feedback Friday for 04-29-16 • 1 comments
   04/22/16  |  Feedback Friday for 04-22-16 • 2 comments
   04/19/16  |  SermonAudio Tip: Making the Sermon Player Great Again! • 8 comments
   04/18/16  |  This Friday, April 22 @ 7pm Greenville, SC | The Foundations... • 2 comments
   04/15/16  |  Feedback Friday for 04-15-16
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
   05/02/16  |  From cannibalism to Christianity • 3 comments
   05/02/16  |  Six children orphaned after both parents die 24 hours apart • 1 comments
   05/02/16  |  Only 4 Percent of Evangelicals Think Trump Is 'Genuinely'... • 2 comments
   05/02/16  |  Draft for girls enters congressional pipeline to White House • 1 comments
   05/02/16  |  One Top Taxpayer Moved, and New Jersey Shuddered
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 10 user comment(s)
News Item3/3/12 9:41 AM
Daniel Barr | USA  Protected NameFind all comments by Daniel Barr
God has judged many because of this sin and will continue to do so. With all of this and the rest of the wickedness and silence from real Bible believers is there anyone who really wonders why the USA in not mentioned in end time prophecy. It's because we won't be here. We will have been judged and destroyed. Just as sodom and Gomorrah.
10

News Item3/2/12 2:40 PM
Contingencies  Find all comments by Contingencies
If you search Jim Lincoln's website, I'm sure they have a plan for when the SCOTUS hands down a decision making same-sex marriage the law of the land.

Perhaps IHCC will then shun civil marriage, provide newlyweds with laminated marriage certificates for presenting to other IFB churches as evidence that they're actually married and not just shacking up. Of course they'll have to forgo married tax incentives, spouse insurance benefits, etc. but at least they won't be dissolved in the marriage melting pot.

Detailed plans are sure to be forthcoming at the official IFB Churches website supporting the 10,000s of churches within that denomination.

9

News Item3/2/12 2:19 PM
Carlos | Albuquerque  Find all comments by Carlos
There is a big difference between tolerance and exceptance, the homosexual propeganda is an attempt to get Christians & non alike to accept thier abomination as " normal" I can tolerate something that I don't agree with but I don't have to accept it! It is becoming all too common hearing about the homosexual movement & we should be hearing more about the gospel, my spirit grieves to watch the decay of our society. I pray the truth will set these people free from thier reprobate minds!
8

News Item3/2/12 12:20 PM
San Jose John | San Jose, CA  Find all comments by San Jose John
Mike wrote:
What God has said about marriage precedes the Constitution. But as you say, they are required to hold only to what's in it. Therefore what would be the constitutional basis for pointing out something as subjective and extra-constitutional as "a form of societal evolution" in order to allow redefinition of marriage?
Way to turn the tables, Mike! Since social and historical precedent obviously favors "traditional" marriage, the burden of proof is on the homosexual lobby to justify their "newer" position. Not the rest of us to defend what's already established.

Marty wrote:
The const. is a contract... intent of drafters matters. It "evolves" by amendments
Exactly!
7

News Item3/2/12 11:40 AM
Marty | Usa  Find all comments by Marty
Pbox wrote:
If you're the most godly conservative Bible-believing Supreme Court Justice who strictly upholds the Constitution in every way, what passage(s) can you point to that would prohibit the marriage of two men?
What would prohibit state bans on civil unions, etc.? When it was written most states even punished sodomy. The const. is a contract... intent of drafters matters. It "evolves" by amendments
6

News Item3/2/12 9:43 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Pbox wrote:
You would have to set aside the Bible data. Only what's in the US Constitution is pertinent otherwise the liberal justices would point to a myriad of outside sources to argue their point. Also, they would argue a form of societal evolution that discounts any Bible passages you would cite.
What God has said about marriage precedes the Constitution. But as you say, they are required to hold only to what's in it. Therefore what would be the constitutional basis for pointing out something as subjective and extra-constitutional as "a form of societal evolution" in order to allow redefinition of marriage?
5

News Item3/2/12 8:45 AM
Pbox  Find all comments by Pbox
You would have to set aside the Bible data. Only what's in the US Constitution is pertinent otherwise the liberal justices would point to a myriad of outside sources to argue their point. Also, they would argue a form of societal evolution that discounts any Bible passages you would cite.

Mike wrote:
Genesis 2:24
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."
The definition, design, and intent of marriage should be sufficient. What is the legal basis for overturning God's definition?
4

News Item3/2/12 8:26 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Pbox wrote:
If you're the most godly conservative Bible-believing Supreme Court Justice who strictly upholds the Constitution in every way, what passage(s) can you point to that would prohibit the marriage of two men?
Genesis 2:24
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

The definition, design, and intent of marriage should be sufficient. What is the legal basis for overturning God's definition?

3

News Item3/2/12 5:35 AM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
One wonders how God will respond to these awful developments.
2

News Item3/2/12 12:51 AM
Pbox  Find all comments by Pbox
If you're the most godly conservative Bible-believing Supreme Court Justice who strictly upholds the Constitution in every way, what passage(s) can you point to that would prohibit the marriage of two men?
1
There are a total of 10 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Franklin Graham brings God into bathroom wars
christopher000 from rhode island: "right on, poster. like i said, facts are facts..."
-21 min 44 
Draft for girls enters congressional pipeline to White House
christopher000 from rhode island: "sodomites, transgenders, and women to the..."
-33 min 
Six children orphaned after both parents die 24 hours apart
christopher000 from rhode island: "boy, that's too bad and so traumatizing for the..."
-39 min 


Bill Parker
Mystery of Wheat and Tare - 2

The Mysteries of the Kingdom
Sunday Service
Eager Avenue Grace Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Scott Davis
A Call to Arms

The Armor of God
Nineveh
Play! | MP3

Scott Davis
The Will of God

The Attributes of God
Nineveh
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
2 for 1 Puritan Hard Drive Sale On Now

Rev­iews by Paul Wash­er, Dr. Joel Beeke, Dr. Bauch­am, Rich­ard Benn­ett, Barn­es, et al.
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon:
Wisdom’s Call
Ralph Bouma

SPONSOR | 2,400+

SPONSOR




                   
Faith justifies our souls, good works justify our faith. ... Thomas Adam

Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal


MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
BlackBerry | Win
Apple Watch
Android Wear New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BW
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us | PowerClips
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Support Us | Feedback Fridays New!