members, click to sign in..

5,218 active users!!Bandwidth
WEDNESDAY
OCT 22, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -2 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  10/22/2014
FRIDAY, MAR 2, 2012  |  29 comments
William Hamilton, who said 'God is Dead,' dies at 87
William Hamilton, the retired theologian who declared in the 1960s that God was dead, died Tuesday in his downtown Portland apartment. He was 87.

Hamilton said he'd been haunted by questions about God since he was a teenager. Years later, when his conclusion was published in the April 8, 1966, edition of Time Magazine, he found himself at the center of a theological storm.

For his part, Hamilton saw himself as a Christian who no longer went to church.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.usatoday.com

Sinner's State After Death
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Funeral of Young Murder Victim • Dr. Alan Cairns | 2/26/2002
•  Sinner's State After DeathRev. John Greer | 12/6/2009
•  The Death of Death • Dr. Carl McIntire | 4/16/1995
•  Why Jackson's Death MattersCraig Musselman | 7/6/2009

   10/08/14  |  Life after death? Study provides evidence that 'out of body' and... • 23 comments
   09/22/14  |  Paypal Co-Founder Peter Thiel on Mission to Cheat Death Through... • 12 comments
   09/08/14  |  Chick-fil-A Founder S. Truett Cathy Dead at 93 • 4 comments
   08/12/14  |  Robin Williams Dies of Suspected Suicide • 64 comments
   05/01/14  |  Homeschool family among tornado victims • 6 comments
MORE RELATED ( DEATH ) NEWS | MORE..
   10/18/14  |  Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona • 16 comments
   10/18/14  |  Ted Cruz: "Real Risk" Of Pastors Being Jailed For Preaching... • 12 comments
   10/18/14  |  Rev. Billy Graham: ‚ÄėAmerica is Just as Wicked as Sodom and... • 27 comments
   10/16/14  |  Mark Driscoll resigns • 17 comments
   10/15/14  |  Houston demands oversight of sermons • 29 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   10/22/14  |  Gunmen open fire at Canadian Parliament building • 4 comments
   10/22/14  |  Your Vote Doesn't Really Matter ‚ÄĒ Or So You're Led to Believe • 3 comments
   10/22/14  |  Christians Persecuted for Their Faith Will Serve 6 More Years in... • 7 comments
   10/22/14  |  Hong Kong Churches Divided over Whether to Support Protesters • 1 comments
   10/22/14  |  Obama: Constitution guarantees same-sex marriage in U.S • 3 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 29 user comment(s)
News Item3/7/12 3:35 PM
Cezar | Midwest  Find all comments by Cezar
God is alive and this guy now knows this.

However, he is dead now.

29

News Item3/6/12 11:50 AM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
You're welcome.
28

News Item3/6/12 11:46 AM
Thomas the Doubter  Find all comments by Thomas the Doubter
Very well then, that makes sense. Thank you for your repsonse.
Neil wrote:
Which is what I already said in my last post of 3 Mar. Proofs for the existence of God, which have obsessed philosophers & theologians for millenia now, are fallacious (Hume, Kant, et al.) & thus a waste of time. And at best, they do not prove the God of Scripture, merely *some* god or other. So much for Evidentialism.
In order to recognize a sensory experience as being God (as you require), one has to know God's attributes first; otherwise, you may as well hunt for Snarks. These in turn must be learned from Scripture, so one must first admit Scripture as the axiom for truth. This is not circular reasoning, for if axioms are OK for mathematics, surely they're acceptable for theology. We must have a starting point; otherwise, we could never *start* (Gordon Clark).
27

News Item3/6/12 11:38 AM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Thomas the Doubter wrote:
I understand you to be saying that no he cannot be proven.
Which is what I already said in my last post of 3 Mar. Proofs for the existence of God, which have obsessed philosophers & theologians for millenia now, are fallacious (Hume, Kant, et al.) & thus a waste of time. And at best, they do not prove the God of Scripture, merely *some* god or other. So much for Evidentialism.

In order to recognize a sensory experience as being God (as you require), one has to know God's attributes first; otherwise, you may as well hunt for Snarks. These in turn must be learned from Scripture, so one must first admit Scripture as the axiom for truth. This is not circular reasoning, for if axioms are OK for mathematics, surely they're acceptable for theology. We must have a starting point [presuppositions]; otherwise, we could never *start* (Gordon Clark).

26

News Item3/6/12 11:29 AM
Thomas the Doubter  Find all comments by Thomas the Doubter
"God must be proved." Here is where it is written.
I understand you to be saying that no he cannot be proven.
Neil wrote:
You're begging a question, that God has to be proved. Why does He have to be proved? Where is it written this must be so?
And can you prove *anything else* in your world of sensations? We can formulate proofs in geometry or mathematics perhaps, but this is no help since these aren't sensory, but ideas.
25

News Item3/6/12 11:23 AM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
I didn't say, or imply, that man is incapable of knowing for certain, so that's not my answer.

You're begging a question, that God has to be proved. Why does He have to be proved? Where did you learn this must be so? From your fallible sensations?

And come to think of it, can you prove *anything else* to your satisfaction in your world of fallible sensations? We can formulate proofs in geometry or mathematics perhaps, but this is no help since these aren't sensory, but ideas.

24

News Item3/6/12 11:17 AM
Thomas the Doubter  Find all comments by Thomas the Doubter
Once again god cannot be proved, so why believe? Since man is incapable of knowing for certain.Is this you answer?
Neil wrote:
If nothing is infallible, then why should I believe your argument that a God who cannot be sensed, cannot exist? Seems like you just sank your own ship.
And why should your flawed senses reach the correct conclusion if God *did* choose to appear before you? How would you decide the manifestation is God (of the Bible, mind you) & not something else?
23

News Item3/6/12 11:07 AM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Thomas the Doubter wrote:
Nothing is infallible. It seems that everything leads back to making a leap of faith in order to believe, trusting someone/something else.My question is how can you prove a god when he cannot be seen,heard,smelled,tasted,felt? Do you have an answer for this?
If nothing is infallible, then why should I believe your argument that a God who cannot be sensed, cannot exist? Seems like you just sank your own ship.

And why should your flawed senses reach the correct conclusion if God *did* choose to appear before you? How would you decide the manifestation is God (of the Bible, mind you) & not something else like a devil, a space alien, or your own mental delusions?

22

News Item3/6/12 11:00 AM
Thomas the Doubter  Find all comments by Thomas the Doubter
Nothing is infallible. It seems that everything leads back to making a leap of faith in order to believe, trusting someone/something else.My question is how can you prove a god when he cannot be seen,heard,smelled,tasted,felt? Do you have an answer for this?
Neil wrote:
Are your sensations infallible? If not, then how do you tell which are true? And how do you determine whether other believers' experiences, or words, are true?
21

News Item3/6/12 10:49 AM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Thomas the Doubter wrote:
Sources like books, sermons, testimony of other believers.Experience meaning the five senses.
Are your sensations infallible? If not, then how do you tell which are true? And how do you determine whether other believers' experiences, or words, are true?
20

News Item3/6/12 9:49 AM
Thomas the Doubter  Find all comments by Thomas the Doubter
Sources like books, sermons, testimony of other believers.Experience meaning the five senses.
Neil wrote:
OK, but what are these sources? And how do you verify them? You mention experience, but what sort of experience? The 5 senses, your mind, or what?
19

News Item3/6/12 12:55 AM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Thomas the Doubter wrote:
I can have a strong belief in something due to the influence of many sources of information.
OK, but what are these sources? And how do you verify them? You mention experience, but what sort of experience? The 5 senses, your mind, or what?
18

News Item3/6/12 12:05 AM
Thomas the Doubter  Find all comments by Thomas the Doubter
I can have a strong belief in something due to the influence of many sources of information. As with the argument for god. It has been told to me, I have read about him, the teleological argument, or any other "proof" offered in the apologetics books at the library. However a belief held in my head is not necessarily " knowledge" without a verifiable proof. If god does not show himself to me (if he can not be experienced)how then can you offer proof of his existence? And since god tells us we must believe in order to be saved then the question is a big one.
Neil wrote:
Before I try to answer that, what is your epistemology, your theory of knowledge? I can't discuss proof w/o knowing this.
17

News Item3/3/12 7:39 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
I might ask a non-believer why he would suppose the existence of God depended on whether he believed it or not.
16

News Item3/3/12 6:32 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Thomas the Doubter wrote:
Sorry I don't think I have a clear answer for that yet Neil.
That's OK. It's a big issue.
15

News Item3/3/12 5:48 PM
Thomas the Doubter  Find all comments by Thomas the Doubter
Sorry I don't think I have a clear answer for that yet Neil.
Neil wrote:
Before I try to answer that, what is your epistemology, your theory of knowledge? I can't discuss proof w/o knowing this.
14

News Item3/3/12 5:37 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Before I try to answer that, what is your epistemology, your theory of knowledge? I can't discuss proof w/o knowing this.
13

News Item3/3/12 5:23 PM
Thomas the Doubter  Find all comments by Thomas the Doubter
If all philosophies must take something for granted/take a leap of faith/ then none are verifiable. Is it then just an idea that I expect others to believe just because I do.If it all must boil down to taking it on faith at some point this really is not satisfactory. How can you hold onto something as absolute truth that cannot be proven. If God does not show himself then how else would you propose that one should believe since there does not appear to be any other way to prove his existence? If something is not provable then how is it sensible to believe it? just wondering...
Neil wrote:
Unsatisfying? Do you mean subjectively, or objectively? If the former, that sounds like a purely emotional & thus useless reply. I'd be *satisfied* thus if God spoke to me every day and showed signs & wonders, but since He doesn't, is that a sufficient reason to deny Him, especially in light of Christ's warnings that even a resurrection will not convince doubters to believe? And if objectively, please elaborate. How is it sensible? Or what proof would be adequate to persuade a doubter?
12

News Item3/3/12 5:08 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Thomas the Doubter wrote:
Yes,that sounds correct, but it is very unsatisfying.It does seem easier for a non-believer to say that since you cannot prove God exists that he does not indeed exist , therefore his position as a non/anti-believer is the only sensical one.
Unsatisfying? Do you mean subjectively, or objectively? If the former, that sounds like a purely emotional & thus useless reply. I'd be *satisfied* thus if God spoke to me every day and showed signs & wonders, but since He doesn't, is that a sufficient reason to deny Him, especially in light of Christ's warnings that even a resurrection will not convince doubters to believe? And if objectively, please elaborate. How is it sensible? Or what proof would be adequate to persuade a doubter?
11

News Item3/3/12 5:02 PM
Thomas the Doubter  Find all comments by Thomas the Doubter
Yes,that sounds correct, but it is very unsatisfying.It does seem easier for a non-believer to say that since you cannot prove God exists that he does not indeed exist , therefore his position as a non/anti-believer is the only sensical one.

Neil wrote:
Just name a philosophy that does *not* take some idea for granted (an axiom). All must do it.
10
There are a total of 29 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
Obama: Constitution guarantees same-sex marriage in U.S
h b stowe: "frank, i think you need more study about oaths. an oath is sworn to..."
-15 min 
Bibles Pop Up in Public Schools Across America
elmer k. yoder from berlin, ohio: "why should believers be concerned with..."
-2 hrs 22 
Liberia’s Largest Newspaper Accuses US of Manufacturing Ebola...
elmer k. yoder from berlin, ohio: "jim, you should really consider scriptures like..."
-3 hrs 11 


Glory of the Lord in Salvation

E. A. Johnston
Mistakes Of Modern Evangelism

Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Teaching
Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Forsaken
Scott T. Brown

Phil Layton
Jesus's Glory the Point of All

Creation Apologetics
Gold Country Baptist...
Play! | MP3

Evangelist Ed Lacy
The Life that Glorifies God 2

Ed Lacy Ministries
Teaching
Play! | MP3

Evangelist Ed Lacy
The Life that Glorifies God 1

Ed Lacy Ministries
Teaching
Play! | MP3

Pastor Ralph Ovadal
Rising Protestant Magisterium

Pilgrims Covenant Church
Sunday - AM
Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
The Vatican and Homosexuals

Who Will Stand for Truth?
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Blog 9/20/14
Protestant Gender Hypocrisy

Grace Community International
dear prayer warr­iors, a friend who as an educ­at­or...

Sponsor:
Westminster Assembly's Grand Debate

Prepub 19.95 +s/h. Papers on Congr­eg­at­ion­al­ism/ Presbyt­er­ian­ism. 12/14 Napht­ali Press
www.naphtali.com/news

Sermon:
The Sin that Lies Within
Danny Bond






                   
The greatest wisdom on this earth is holiness. ... W. S. Plumer

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.