members, click to sign in..
 
SITE NOTICE | MORE..
Android Version 2.1 Update! We've already released our first update to the Android app which includes auto-retry of playback after network interruption, maps support in tablets, stability fixes, and more! .. click for more info!
 

3,485 active users!!Bandwidth
WEDNESDAY
APR 16, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -18 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
MONDAY, FEB 20, 2012| 31 comments
Earliest Gospel of Mark found?

A New Testament professor is setting the world of Bible scholarship on fire with his claim that newly discovered fragments of early Christian writings could include a first-century version of the Gospel of Mark, from the same century in which Jesus and the apostles lived.

Daniel B. Wallace of the Dallas Theological Seminary made the stunning announcement during a Feb. 1 debate with Bart Ehrman at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill on whether we have the wording of the original New Testament today. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.wnd.com

Is the Bible the Word of God?
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Is the Bible the Word of God?Dr. Alan Cairns | 4/27/2009
•  Alleged Discrepancies - 3 • David Nelms | 3/4/1992
•  The Bible and the Modern AgeSean E. Harris | 10/9/2011

   04/14/14  |  Daily Bible reading and prayer is a struggle for many... • 15 comments
   04/10/14  |  Five Monumental Changes Surrounding How Americans View the Bible • 2 comments
   03/27/14  |  American Bible Society to sell 12-story NYC building • 4 comments
   03/16/14  |  Michael Card: 'Bible literacy is at an all time low' • 8 comments
   03/14/14  |  How to engage young people with the Bible • 12 comments
MORE RELATED ( BIBLE ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.1 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 3 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst’s One, Simple Comment • 39 comments
   04/13/14  |  U2's Bono Opens Up About Jesus, God And Praying With His Kids • 11 comments
   04/09/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Kindle Fire + Nook Tablet Version 2.1! • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.1 for Android Mobile Devices • 47 comments
   04/16/14  |  Bill Nye Says He Wanted to Expose Why Ken Ham and Creationists... • 6 comments
   04/16/14  |  U.S. taxpayers pay to teach Islam
   04/16/14  |  High noon at Bryan College
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 3 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 31 user comment(s)
News Item3/9/12 2:11 AM
James | Louisianna  Find all comments by James
read your link, not sure who the person is that he is refuting as I have not encountered his work. From what I can ascertain it is standard response I have heard time and again. Unfortunately I have read and studied too much to buy into that. sorry nice try though
31

News Item2/29/12 2:59 PM
Intelligible  Find all comments by Intelligible
Google Translator may have a KJV to modern English feature by now.

Jim Lincoln wrote:
Ah, James, I really wished that you read those two URLs I gave or even try this one, A Response to a Brother in Christ--Dr. Morris' "Defense" of the King James Bible Reviewed.
But if you read the AV regular, good--if you understand Elizabethan English, better. So, enjoy, be it the AV, NASB, NKJV, ESV, or NIV (1984 or earlier! )
30

News Item2/29/12 2:48 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Ah, James, I really wished that you read those two URLs I gave or even try this one, A Response to a Brother in Christ--Dr. Morris' "Defense" of the King James Bible Reviewed.

But if you read the AV regular, good--if you understand Elizabethan English, better. So, enjoy, be it the AV, NASB, NKJV, ESV, or NIV (1984 or earlier! )

29

News Item2/27/12 9:08 PM
James | Louisianna  Find all comments by James
Jim
I just have to say going back top my original post was about fragments and that my Bible was complete. I didnt attack yours you immediately attacked mine. For anyone interested in good scholarship on the subject I recommend Gipp's Understandable History of the Bible by Samuel Gipp's, Thd.
Jim all the best with your watered down bibles and your not so watered down ego.
28

News Item2/27/12 3:38 PM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
KJ21?

Well Jim, you may believe the advertising hype on this and on every other modern version; and you may have looked at a couple of verses to see how they read. But to you, and to all other believers, I say that a scholarly approach to analysing any new Bible is necessary before adopting it or recommending it. Too many evangelicals embraced the NIV when it came out, based on what? A glance? The expensive hype? The voice of contemporary liberals - followers of W & H? Pah!

27

News Item2/27/12 3:09 PM
AARP  Find all comments by AARP
Jim Lincoln wrote:
which I have to say I have referred to throughout the years
Thank you Jim for your many years of service!
And best wishes with your retirement from posting link after link.
May your retirement be very very long and enjoyable - for you and for us!
26

News Item2/27/12 2:56 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John, UK, and James you know there are really only two URLs that I should need to refer to, Why I Do Not Think the King James Bible Is the Best Translation Available Today--which I have to say I have referred to throughout the years--and Restating The Obvious About Bible Translations.

As I have pointed out also in times past, and that's I think you're a newcomer here, James, I have rarely if ever criticized anyone for using the KJV and especially if that is their personal preference. The ushers in my church don't go up and down the aisles checking on the version of Bible that people are using. I only get worked up when the KJV is pushed as the only valid version of the Bible, sometimes I think even in any language. So, James, we do disagree, and what has surprised many people is the KJVOs' for not even tolerating The 21st Century King James Version of the Holy Bible (KJ21®, which many of us consider an all too slavish copy of the AV except in using modern English. When that version is also tossed on the pyre, many of us begin to think some people look on the AV has Muslims do the Koran.

25

News Item2/26/12 9:43 PM
James | Louisianna  Find all comments by James
Jim your talking but your not listening so this is the point where we agree to disagree. I really only kept the conversation going for the others who might be listening in. It was fun in a weird sort of way...
24

News Item2/26/12 3:55 PM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Well, John MacArthur has his commentaries only in reliable Bibles, which the KJV isn't.
Jim, I suggest you reserve your posts for the BIBLE VERSION FORUM

That would be better.

23

News Item2/26/12 3:37 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Well, John MacArthur has his commentaries only in reliable Bibles, which the KJV isn't. You didn't read what John Ankerberg and John Weldon had to say and even more to the point,
Drs. Ankerberg & Weldon wrote:
In fact, the NKJV followed the Greek text of the Textus Receptus throughout the New Testament and "anywhere the NKJV appears to differ from the Greek text used by the KJV translators, it is because it has corrected the KJV departures from the Textus Receptus. Consequently, the NKJV adheres more closely to the Textus Receptus than does its predecessor the KJV".
from The Conflict Over Different Bible Versions - Part 9

Are you talking about the marginal notes in the NKJV? I will say that the marginal notes are more accurate than the main text, because they are based on a better Greek text, Textus Receptus. There are also obvious errors that the NKJV group didn't make that the AV group did. Anyway further information on the New King James Version or for that matter then the version you should accept he 21st Century King James Version of the Holy Bible (KJ21®).

22

News Item2/26/12 3:40 AM
saywhat  Find all comments by saywhat
James wrote:
The vulgate was corrupt, God preserved his word through the Greek church not the apostate roman church.
A sovereign God can preserve his word in the midst of an apostate church. He did it in the apostate Greek church.
21

News Item2/26/12 1:45 AM
James | Louisianna  Find all comments by James
Wrong again Jim the nkjv sides ignores textus and sides with Alexandrian 1,200 times it omits some very archaic words here's a quick list and how many x...
Omits 'LORD' 66 times, 'God' 51 times, ' heaven' 50 times, ' repent' 44 times, 'blood' 23 times, 'hell' 22 times, ' Jehovah' entirely and more...it also replaces the Masoretic Hebrew OT with the corrupt Septuagint. So no in fact I think NKJV may be the worst because it styles itself as the same but it is not. Hmmm, deception about bibles who would do such a thing, we are all after the truth aren't we?
As for John' s position I don't have to read to hear him parrot the contemporary 'scholars' position it's the same. And I know that because I see his bible for sale in the NASB, ESV and NKJV. Enough said thanks for the dance.
20

News Item2/25/12 3:14 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
I think you should look over the commentary of John MacArthur about, The Biblical Position on The KJV Controversy.

I assume, James, that you would then support the NKJV, as the most deserving Bible? It follows the Textus Receptus more accurately than the AV, in this commentary answers the question, Are Modern Versions Less Readable than the King Version (KJV)?.

19

News Item2/25/12 1:19 AM
James | Louisianna  Find all comments by James
Sorry that shouldve said they sacked Constantinople not asked...good thing God didn't ask me to preserve the Bible huh?
18

News Item2/25/12 1:18 AM
James | Louisianna  Find all comments by James
The vulgate was corrupt, God preserved his word through the Greek church not the apostate roman church. When the Ottoman Turks asked Constantinople and the greek manuscripts made their way into the western part of the empire, it produced revival and eventually the reformation. Your reading the wrong books. Textual critics sit in jjudgement of the word instead of letting the word judge them. The KJV is not God's preserved word because it is the best selling book of all time. And just because the corrupt vulgate was the only bible in the western empire because Rome destroyed the competition doesn't mean it was a good bible, nor that God had failed to preserve His word. Back to the drawing board friend.
17

News Item2/24/12 2:57 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
James, you seem to have forgotten the thousand years of history that the Vulgate ruled supreme, So, your argument is fallacious as pointed out by Dr. wall is in, Why I Do Not Think the King James Bible Is the Best Translation Available Today. From a person in who wrote a rational commentary:
Al Maxey wrote:
The major concern of those embroiled in the "Translation Debate" that is raging today, however, is that far too many advocates of the KJV place undue importance upon this one translation. It is almost literally worshipped!! The concept of "one translation for all people for all time" is simply ludicrous, and displays only the foolishness and ignorance of those who make such ridiculous claims. Even the KJV translators themselves wrote, "variety of translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures." Such a limited view also does not take into consideration all the other languages of the world. If the KJV is the only infallible version (as some claim .... "The version the apostle Paul used!"),
excerpt from The King James Version--A Critical Analysis.
16

News Item2/23/12 11:09 PM
James | Louisianna  Find all comments by James
Really Bob Jones, wow let me forget the 400 years of history and the volumes of information I have read now that I know Bob Jones said that. Thanks man. I almost made the mistake of thinking my Bible was without error.
Start your research with the text that they were translating from and you'll discover that only the KJV uses the Recieved text and the Maseoretic Old Testament Hebrew. The straw man arguments you are making are not in the right ballpark but thanks anyway.
15

News Item2/23/12 3:06 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Bob Jones Jr wrote:
Besides the terrible compromise and apostasy which we see around us, there are a number of movements which pose a threat to Bible believing Christianity in our day. They are tangents which will carry a man away from serving the Lord as he ought.

Religiously, I think perhaps the silliest idea abroad—and one which is calculated to divide the people of God—is the idea that there is some sort of special inspiration attached to the Authorized Version of Scripture commonly called in America "The King James Version."...

There are today many false translations and paraphrases of the Scripture which those who love the Bible must oppose, but to say that this one translation has about it inspiration which is not found anywhere else is just plain silly. Moreover, it is a heresy because it implies that God did not completely inspire the original manuscripts and therefore in 1611 He had to add inspiration.

Bob Jones, Jr. on KJVonlyism
Ah, to be helpful again, one doesn't have to spend a penny on getting a 1611 Authorized Version of the Bible, you can just download the e-sword program and get it that way. This is the only way I would do it.
14

News Item2/23/12 3:05 PM
Russ | Texas  Find all comments by Russ
That book if we go by your logic then we would never have had an AV in the first place because the Holy Spirit surely wouldn't have used a blunt greek or Hebrew or Latin sword for 3000 years would He?
13

News Item2/22/12 11:13 PM
James | Louisianna  Find all comments by James
Gee Jim you spend an awful lot of time telling me how my Bible is incomplete. Aren't you just helpful Harry. God Authorized my KJV and I have heard all the bogus arguments more than you can imagine and frankly I don't care what "they" say I believe the Word and I believe God.
12
There are a total of 31 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
Pope Francis: ‘The Devil is Here, Even in the 21st Century’
christopher000 from rhode island: "what specific verses do any baptists delete?..."
-17 min 42 
Millennials 'talk to God' but are less interested in religion
christopher000 from rhode island: "that can be rough, gs. before going into..."
-24 min 11 
Obama Reflects on Resurrection, Kansas Shooting at Easter...
christopher000 from rhode island: "i find it interesting that stating facts would..."
-33 min 22 


14 You'll Never Walk Alone
Dr. Curt D. Daniel
Conscience

True Spirituality
Sunday Service
Faith Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Eyes That See
Mark Pannell

Jon Couch
Called, Sanctified, Preserved

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Mistakes Of Modern Evangelism

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
Theonomy versus Apostasy

We Are All Theonomists Now!
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Don Bell
Why does pain exist?

Lantana Grace Church
Sunday - PM
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Dr. Baucham: "Simply Astonishing!"

Bauch­am: "Any­one who adm­ires the Pur­it­ans simply must have the Pur­itan Hard Driv­e."
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Event:
D3 Youth Conference
Southern Seminary






                   
Prayer meetings are the throbbing machinery of the church. ... C. H. Spurgeon
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials New!
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.