members, click to sign in..

3,090 active users!!Bandwidth
SUNDAY
APR 26, 2015
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -53 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  4/26/2015
FRIDAY, FEB 3, 2012  |  126 comments
Tim Tebow Cancels Speech at Rod Parsley's Christian Conference

The Denver Broncos quarterback and dedicated Christian had been scheduled to speak at a three-day Columbus event in March led by televangelist Rod Parsley.

Tebow’s brother Robbie said in a phone interview that he was canceling the talk. Robbie Tebow said his brother’s speakers’ bureau hadn’t researched the event before saying yes to the invitation.

Parsley teaches that God wants the faithful to be rich. Last year, he asked followers to donate more than $1 million to ward off satanic attacks. In the 2008 presidential election, Republican Sen. John McCain disowned an endorsement from Parsley after learning the pastor called Islam an “anti-Christ” religion. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
sports.yahoo.com

   01/30/15  |  Christians Watching the Super Bowl? • 69 comments
   01/07/15  |  Survey: most churchgoers won't skip church for football • 37 comments
   01/01/15  |  NFL players give away 500 Bibles over the holiday season • 1 comments
   09/18/14  |  NFL Reportedly Makes Star QB Remove 'Know Jesus, Know Peace'... • 12 comments
   06/27/14  |  ESPN Live Stream Crashes During USA-Germany World Cup Match • 5 comments
MORE RELATED ( SPORTS ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/24/15  |  SermonAudio Tip: e-Sword Bible Software Integrates with... • 9 comments
   04/23/15  |  Judge allows ‘Killing Jews is Worship’ MTA ads • 27 comments
   04/23/15  |  Somali Christian Gives Up Family, Education, Safety for Faith • 3 comments
   04/23/15  |  Why Do American Christians Care More About Memories Pizzeria... • 8 comments
   04/23/15  |  Christians facing new status as 'hated minority' • 9 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/08/15  |  SermonAudio's Tech Talk at Teach Them Diligently
   02/15/15  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2015 Family Conference at... • 4 comments
   01/01/15  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 10 comments
   12/01/14  |  From Tyndale to Today: A New Study Bible • 34 comments
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 126 user comment(s)
News Item2/14/12 6:33 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
proverb wrote:
Proverbs 26:4
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
Psa 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Your point is, fifteen?

126

News Item2/14/12 5:58 PM
proverb  Find all comments by proverb
Lurker wrote:
I hear crickets.
Proverbs 26:4
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
125

News Item2/14/12 3:10 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
I hear crickets.
124

News Item2/13/12 9:02 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
xv wrote:
I cannot understand your logic.
It's simple. Your assertion; "he concluded them in unbelief (hardening them as he did Pharoah) because this is what they deserved..." will not be established from scripture. The implication is that God cast them away so that they, and the succeeding 50 generations, would perish guilty in unbelief ("what they deserved") but to that idea Paul said "God forbid". If your assertion were true, then why did Paul preach to them in the hope of saving some (Rom 11:14)? Did God forget to tell Paul He had already judged the Jews?

Neither is your assertion even remotely consistent with God's revealed justice (see Ezek 18:19-20).

What your system of free-will theism rejects, God's right to have mercy upon whom He will have mercy, is the only thing which will make sense of the biblical truths your system can't assimilate.

Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Make your case for "a judicial judgement of God" if you choose but your time would be better spent praying God forgives you for refusing to acknowledge that were it not for His mercy; Jew and Gentile alike, would all justly perish in unbelief for by God's mercy alone are men enabled (1 Tim 1:12-17).

123

News Item2/13/12 2:53 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
The Jews will turn to Christ during the Tribulation period. There has always been a number of Jews who has accepted Christ as their Messiah throughout history for that matter. It does have to be pointed out, The answer is, "YES," to Does God Have a Future for Israel?: A Study of Romans 11.
122

News Item2/13/12 12:50 PM
xv  Find all comments by xv
Lurker wrote:
Why God concluded the Jews in unbelief is irrelevant to my point..
If your statement were true the unbelieving Jews, all of them these past 2,000 years, would rightly stand innocent before God at the great white throne judgment bearing no responsibility for their rejection of Messiah...

I cannot understand your logic.

Their present unbelief is a judicial judgement of God; God hardening their hearts because for centuries they remained a stiff necked people.

They were held responsible for their original sins, and remain responsible for their continuing sins even though God will not deal with the mass of them but only a remnant.

121

News Item2/12/12 8:34 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
xv wrote:
Lurker, Permit me to ask you, did God conclude them in unbelief inspite of their actions or because of them?
Why God concluded the Jews in unbelief is irrelevant to my point which was to demonstrate that your statement "Ability and responsibility go hand in hand. You cut off ability, then there is no responsibility." is biblically false.

If your statement were true the unbelieving Jews, all of them these past 2,000 years, would rightly stand innocent before God at the great white throne judgment bearing no responsibility for their rejection of Messiah. Their names would be written in the book of life alongside the names of all the faithful believers and martyrs of the past 2,000 years. Their robes would be washed white in the blood of the very Lamb they rejected in unbelief. Divine justice?

That said, your question of why God concluded them in unblief may be relevant to you if it is your belief that God cast them off so they would fall but to that Paul said "God forbid". Of all who abided in unbelief the past 2,000 years, a remnant belonged to the Father and to those, in mercy, He gave eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart to perceive (Deut 29:4) in time. He grafted them into the olive tree from which their forefathers were broken off.

120

News Item2/12/12 5:57 PM
xv  Find all comments by xv
Lurker wrote:
Free will rhetoric.
God confined the Jews in unbelief (some scripture for you... Rom 11:32) and billions have died in unbelief over the past 2,000 years. Will they stand innocent before the great white throne judgment (more scripture... Rev 20:11-15) for their unbelief because 'God made them do it'?
Lurker, Permit me to ask you, did God conclude them in unbelief inspite of their actions or because of them?

If you say regardless of what they had done, then your point is made and I will concede. If however God's patience with them was exhausted and judicially he concluded them in unbelief (hardening them as he did Pharoah) because this is what they deserved then my point is made and I trust that you will concede.

God had shown incredible mercy to the Jews, as Paul says in Rms 10:21, quoting Isaiah 65:1: “All the day long I have stretched out My hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.” Certainly God had the right to harden them now just as He did Pharaoh of old. Paul shows that the Prophets predicted the Jews’ rejection of Christ and God’s hardening of them because of it (see Rms 9:27-29; 33; 10:19-21; 11:7-10).

119

News Item2/12/12 5:20 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
xv wrote:
Ability and responsibility go hand in hand. You cut off ability, then there is no responsibility.
Free will rhetoric.

God confined the Jews in unbelief (some scripture for you... Rom 11:32) and billions have died in unbelief over the past 2,000 years. Will they stand innocent before the great white throne judgment (more scripture... Rev 20:11-15) for their unbelief because 'God made them do it'?

118

News Item2/12/12 4:41 PM
xv  Find all comments by xv
yw wrote:
“The sinner is responsible for his spiritual impotence. It is the fruit of sin; and man's sin does not destroy nor put out of court God's right...for ...obedience …. repentance and faith despite the fact that His sinful creatures have disabled themselves from yielding to Him. His title to make His demand is entirely and absolutely unimpaired”
“Therefore man's own inability is something he is guilty for, and that inability cannot therefore be seen as something that relieves the sinner of responsibility.”
BTW, yw are my real initials.
Full of scripture. So I'll say no more!
117

News Item2/12/12 3:28 PM
yw  Find all comments by yw
xv wrote:
Ability and responsibility go hand in hand. You cut off ability, then there is no responsibility.
“The sinner is responsible for his spiritual impotence. It is the fruit of sin; and man's sin does not destroy nor put out of court God's right...for ...obedience …. repentance and faith despite the fact that His sinful creatures have disabled themselves from yielding to Him. His title to make His demand is entirely and absolutely unimpaired”

“Therefore man's own inability is something he is guilty for, and that inability cannot therefore be seen as something that relieves the sinner of responsibility.”

BTW, yw are my real initials.

116

News Item2/12/12 8:44 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Calvinism is false wrote:
What you cannot account for is all the warning passages of scripture which would be needless if there was never any possibility of believers abandoning the faith. Why are they there friend?
What makes you think I cannot account for them?

The issue is an important one, and well worth a good look at. I tell you what, you pick out the text, and we shall open it up for interpretation, and see if we can alleviate the dificulty some folks have with such a thing.

Then, those with a works salvation can carry on in their futile attempt, while those who are trusting Christ only for their salvation can be rest assured that the passage does not refer to them at all.

Are you ready? Pick your first text.

Oh and Michael
Very good points, and most relevant.

115

News Item2/12/12 8:34 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Calvinism is false wrote:
What you cannot account for is all the warning passages of scripture which would be needless if there was never any possibility of believers abandoning the faith. Why are they there friend?
Friend
You asked John a good question and if you will allow I would like to give an observation.

It is possible for people to have knowledge about God who have not truly believed on him. Having been in Pentecostal Churches I have seen some with the attitude salvation depends upon them and they strive to live right and mournfully repent when they blow it.

But the reality is ther is nothing good in any one of us, it is our very nature to sin, to love sin, to hate genuine obedience to God AND God must needs fix us on the inside AND keep us because we cannot keep ourselves saved.

Hence warning after warning to those who might imagine they can believe about Jesus or God and attempt in their believing about the things of God to live good enough (IMPOSSIBLE) He must save us.

Salvation is very much about being made into a new creation, one that loves God, loves His word, delights to do His will, a new wineskin God delights to fill with His Spirit who will lead His child to joyfully obediently live for Him forever!

114

News Item2/12/12 8:23 AM
Calvinism is false  Find all comments by Calvinism is false
John UK wrote:
-- The main difference between you and me is that my salvation is secure, because it rests solely and wholly upon what CHRIST has done for me in his perfect life and atoning death. Jesus said, "They shall never perish..." And so I shall never perish.
You, on the other hand, if you are consistent, must allow for the possibility of your falling from grace and making shipwreck of your faith, and finally falling into hell. You do not believe that Christ's work is sufficient for time and eternity.
And thus I feel sorry for you if you are a true believer.
What you cannot account for is all the warning passages of scripture which would be needless if there was never any possibility of believers abandoning the faith. Why are they there friend?
113

News Item2/12/12 8:07 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
Calvinism is false wrote:
Michael, I will read it on your recommendation. But I have a problem with all calvinists because they make their own problems and then resolve them by absurd philosophical reasoning which in turn they impose on the scriptures.
If as many believe TULIP is the gospel, why would they seek to hide it when preaching the gospel to the unsaved? Unless they know at heart that it is a false message not likely to convert anyone.
Calvinism is false
I have great problem with some, not everyone who calls him or herself a Calvinist, and at the heart of my problem is that some diliberately twist and ignore what God Himself says to us in Scripture (I also have the same problem with the RCC, especially the RCC, along with Word of Faith, Purpose Driven Movement, etc. etc. but they would all be another story)

What this preacher wrote in his article: John 3:16
about God loving the world would have gotten him "blasted" condemned and reviled by some posting a few years ago who zealous twisted Scripture to fit TULIP

Let's STOP for just a moment and thank God that the unbelief, the twisting of Scripture by some will not in anyway nullify the immeasurably wonderful salvation of Christ.

112

News Item2/12/12 8:01 AM
sameoldstory  Find all comments by sameoldstory
Michael Hranek wrote:
sameoldstory
You might better have said
Yes Michael, but all beloved Free Presbyterians are indeed Calvinists and that is what 'Calvinism is False' is loudly disputing, is it not, that calvinists preach another gospel? You are linking to a Calvinist gospel sermon...GREAT! So why not link to the errors of Dave Hunt's book on the same website? Or David Cloud? Deliberate misrepresentation or willful ignorance needs to be addressed and it is on the website? Theology does not end with John 3: 16 as blessed a truth that it is to all believers.
Your beloved preacher has a whole website disputing all the points made by
calvinism is false and PROVING FROM SCRIPTURE the doctrines of grace to be TRUE, that is why I point in that direction.

Maybe you and I can learn more wisdom than even that single gospel sermon from that beloved preacher's website too? God bless your further studies and glad you went to the site in the providence of God, so hope you return to study further.

111

News Item2/12/12 8:00 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Calvinism is false wrote:
There is so much calvinist propaganda available on the net that you've probably never even considered the other point of view. Why dont you read the articles and then you will see that what you say is misrepresentation because what you do not take into account is regeneration and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
The first twenty years of my Christian walk I had no internet, and all my doctrines were formed from my own study of the scriptures. I would hope that you allow me the privilege of learning doctrine from the Bible and the teaching of the Spirit.

Obviously, one of us is incorrect on these major issues.

The main difference between you and me is that my salvation is secure, because it rests solely and wholly upon what CHRIST has done for me in his perfect life and atoning death. Jesus said, "They shall never perish..." And so I shall never perish.

You, on the other hand, if you are consistent, must allow for the possibility of your falling from grace and making shipwreck of your faith, and finally falling into hell. You do not believe that Christ's work is sufficient for time and eternity.

And thus I feel sorry for you if you are a true believer.

110

News Item2/12/12 7:41 AM
Calvinism is false  Find all comments by Calvinism is false
Michael Hranek wrote:
Calvinism is False
I hope you read the article mentioned above and that it motivates you to prayer as it does me. I have and I believe rightfully so problems with both modern and some historic Calvinism but do not want to let that bring me into an intellectual dishonesty to condemn all Calvinists when some in my words aren't really all that Calvinist and would likely be rejected by many in the mainstream of TULIP theology.
Michael, I will read it on your recommendation. But I have a problem with all calvinists because they make their own problems and then resolve them by absurd philosophical reasoning which in turn they impose on the scriptures.

If as many believe TULIP is the gospel, why would they seek to hide it when preaching the gospel to the unsaved? Unless they know at heart that it is a false message not likely to convert anyone.

109

News Item2/12/12 7:24 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
sameoldstory wrote:
You may as well have linked
sameoldstory
You might better have said of John 3:16 Unimaginable Important Wonderful Revelation of Immeasurably Great Good News

This beloved Free Presbyterian preacher in this one message gives NO, NONE, ZERO mention of election, predestination or anything else TULIP in his presentation of the Gospel. A very good presentation all of us might want to prayerfully and humbly study out and own that our own telling of it will be out of a heart after Christ.

As to the volume of everything else he speaks of I am ignorant and each of us would need to be good bereans, but in this case I thank God for his telling of John 3:16 and thank you for referencing him.

Calvinism is False
I hope you read the article mentioned above and that it motivates you to prayer as it does me. I have and I believe rightfully so problems with both modern and some historic Calvinism but do not want to let that bring me into an intellectual dishonesty to condemn all Calvinists when some in my words aren't really all that Calvinist and would likely be rejected by many in the mainstream of TULIP theology.

108

News Item2/12/12 7:16 AM
Calvinism is false  Find all comments by Calvinism is false
John UK wrote:
Okay, I know. But look at it like this: if the arminist gospel of prevenient (Wesleyan-style) grace is correct, and man has a truly free option to repent or not when God's grace is upon him, then his whole salvation is a partnership between himself and God. God has done part, and now the sinner must do HIS part. And not only so, but he must do HIS part continually without failing, OR HE WILL BE LOST. That is, despite having once been saved, he ends in hell, simply because his works were insufficient.
There is so much calvinist propaganda available on the net that you've probably never even considered the other point of view. Why dont you read the articles and then you will see that what you say is misrepresentation because what you do not take into account is regeneration and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

sameoldstory wrote:
If you can see any scriptural holes then email the Pastor with your questions
I will stick with my Bible thanks.
107
There are a total of 126 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 | last
Last PostTotal
Steny Hoyer: Same-Sex Couples Are Endowed ‘By God’ With Right...
jjperra from santa barbara , ca: "so, according to steny hoyer, if it makes me..."
-52 min 
Terror suspects planned Vatican attack
i will forever tell you so: "the highest-ranking 'jesuit'-priest to ever defect the..."
-3 hrs 19 
SermonAudio Tip: e-Sword Bible Software Integrates with...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "you may have to use an older version of e-sword to read..."
-4 hrs 


Rev. John Greer
Overcoming Worry & Wickedness

Motto Text for 2002
Sunday - AM
Ballymena Free Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS



Jon Couch
Where Is Your Treasure?

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Rev. Klass Veldman
John 21

Springford Reformed Church
Sunday - AM
Play! | MP3

Blog 4/24/15
Church Planting Models

New York Gospel Mission
the topic of church plant­ing models has alw­ays...

Sponsor:
Scott Brown's (NCFIC) Amazing Video!

Click Here To Watch Scott Brown's Amaz­ing 54 Second Pur­itan Hard Drive Review Video!
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

Sponsor:
Sermon Recording, Editing, and Posting

Rec­ord, edit, and post your serm­ons using Dio, Ther­e's no easier way.
www.decade-five.com/index.h..

Sermon: Where Is God When I Need Him?
O. Elvin Wheelis

SPONSOR | 400+

SPONSOR




                   
Give not thy tongue too great a liberty, lest it take thee prisoner. ... Francis Quarles

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword New!
JSON API New!

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2015 SermonAudio.com.