members, click to sign in..

3,572 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
APR 24, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -12 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
THURSDAY, APRIL 24, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
Choice News SATURDAY, JAN 21, 2012| 500 comments| 2 commentaries
Disaffected Presbyterians Announce New Evangelical Body

Calling it the Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians, the group presented the body not as an "alternative" but rather as a structure that "enables ministry," Layman.org quoted Dr. John Ortberg, pastor of Menlo Park Presbyterian Church, as saying.

"Every organism lives in a larger system. A healthy ecosystem filters out toxins so that organisms can thrive," Ortberg said at a conference of The Fellowship of Presbyterians – the group launching ECO. "The goal is to build a spiritual ecosystem that in turn builds flourishing churches that make disciples of Jesus Christ." ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christianpost.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Order In The Church • 260+
Kevin Boling | Knowing The Truth Radio
Play! | RSS
Disaffected Presbyterians... • 280+
Sean E. Harris | Berean Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

   03/20/14  |  Staffers Offer to Sacrifice Homes, Salaries Over ‘Who Jesus Is’ • 1 comments
   03/07/14  |  John Ortberg’s Menlo Park Presbyterian Votes to Leave PCUSA... • 2 comments
   03/06/14  |  Calif. Presbyterian Church With 3,400 Members Votes to Leave... • 2 comments
   02/20/14  |  Texas Presbyterian Megachurch Considering Split From... • 4 comments
   01/30/14  |  5 Really Bad Reasons To Leave Your Church • 54 comments
MORE RELATED ( SEPARATION ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/22/14  |  IRS Confirms Abortions are Eligible for a Tax Deduction • 2 comments
   04/20/14  |  China on course to become 'world's most Christian nation' within... • 14 comments
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.2 for Android Mobile Devices • 48 comments
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 10 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst’s One, Simple Comment • 40 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/24/14  |  Tony Blair: West Must Confront Radical Islam • 1 comments
   04/24/14  |  Aborted babies incinerated to provide Oregon electricity • 1 comments
   04/24/14  |  America's newest hero: Meet the real Cliven Bundy • 4 comments
   04/24/14  |  Christian Censorship Rising: Facebook Removes Culture Warrior... • 3 comments
   04/24/14  |  Spanking ban opposed by majority of public
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: Last 500 user comments shown
News Item2/13/12 5:20 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Observer wrote:
I want to leave for future generations the fruit of a lifetime of preaching and studying. Too much is produced from the Presby presses and not enough by the Baptists for various reasons.
So a lot to do and not enough time to do it all in. But, God willing...
Oh well, back to my books, unless a Presby steps up
All I can say bro is, God bless the work. I know it is difficult, and how you must feel. And the devil will not like it. And I don't think we'll see any Presbys tonight; perhaps they've all gone over to Geneva to bow down to those wretched statues.
500

News Item2/13/12 4:52 PM
Observer  Find all comments by Observer
John UK wrote:
Wow you certainly pack a lot into a day, bro. No wonder I can't keep up with you. As for the Presbys, they are all studying also, trying to find more quotes to bore us with. But we must show patience bro and trust in the providence of God that good may come of it all.
I want to leave for future generations the fruit of a lifetime of preaching and studying. Too much is produced from the Presby presses and not enough by the Baptists for various reasons.

So a lot to do and not enough time to do it all in. But, God willing...

Oh well, back to my books, unless a Presby steps up

499

News Item2/13/12 4:46 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Observer wrote:
Hi Bro
Giving myself to studying. I want to write a number of exhaustive books against:
1. The pestiferous practice of infant baptism
2. The divine wrong (as opposed to right) of Prebytery
3. The philisophising tendencies of John Calvin and the WCF "divines" and the consequent errors they have introduced
And a few other books beside.
How you doin?
Wow you certainly pack a lot into a day, bro. No wonder I can't keep up with you. As for the Presbys, they are all studying also, trying to find more quotes to bore us with. But we must show patience bro and trust in the providence of God that good may come of it all.
498

News Item2/13/12 4:35 PM
Observer  Find all comments by Observer
[Removed by SermonAudio.com]
497

News Item2/13/12 4:26 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Observer wrote:
Whose buried this thread?
Where have all the Presbys gone?
Looks like the elect have lost their typing fingers.
Is there a single bible believing Presby out there? Anyone out there able to prove infant baptism is scriptural?
Please dont proof text and keep your yourselves to the Bible. I know its asking a lot, BUT I am looking for a Berean Presby, if such a thing exists. Anyone out there?
Ha! Thou makest my lips to curl up at the edges!

Where ya bin?

496

News Item2/13/12 4:22 PM
Observer  Find all comments by Observer
[Removed by SermonAudio.com]
495

News Item2/11/12 3:19 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Observer wrote:
These people grow up being told how special they are in Gods eyes because of their covenant standing and then the Presbys wonder when they have problems with repentance and faith!
It kinda reminds me of the haughty one in the temple who prayed, "I thank thee God that I'm not like other men, especially this publican here." (nose in air, turning away in disgust.)

But praise God we have the example of that humble publican, who prayed in a better sort, "God, be merciful to me, a sinner."

494

News Item2/11/12 3:10 PM
Observer  Find all comments by Observer
John UK wrote:
Is that a fact. Maybe they have many folks with a lack of assurance of having been born again because they haven't been born again. A bit of water raise a dead corpse to life? Nah!
These peple grow up being told how special they are in Gods eyes because of their covenant standing and then the Presbys wonder when they have problems with repentance and faith!
493

News Item2/11/12 2:24 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Observer wrote:
Just as an aside John, you may be interested to know that there are more books on "assurance" produced by Presbys than any other body of believers. Why do you suppose that is?
Is that a fact. Maybe they have many folks with a lack of assurance of having been born again because they haven't been born again. A bit of water raise a dead corpse to life? Nah!
492

News Item2/11/12 10:38 AM
Observer  Find all comments by Observer
John UK wrote:
Quite so. The devil goes about seeking whom he may devour, but thankfully the Spirit of God also goes about seeking the lost sheep of Jesus Christ and, in the time of God, enlightens their minds as to the truth, brings them to new birth, and causes them to walk in the ways of God. And it is "of God" not "of man", who CANNOT bring himself or others to birth, no matter whether they be children of godly Presby parents or born into the RCC. Election sees to it, not the decision of men.
And if that is arminist hyper-wesleyan DIY salvation, so be it.
Just as an aside John, you may be interested to know that there are more books on "assurance" produced by Presbys than any other body of believers. Why do you suppose that is?
491

News Item2/11/12 3:18 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Observer wrote:
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3.6)
From the arguments of the Presbys on this forum they would want us to understand this to mean: "Except if you are a Presby infant born into covenant with God! Your a special case not addressed by this verse"
Wow! is all I can say!
It is extremely serious because it is a perversion of the gospel. Countless numbers have already and others will continue to die in their sins because of this teaching.
Quite so. The devil goes about seeking whom he may devour, but thankfully the Spirit of God also goes about seeking the lost sheep of Jesus Christ and, in the time of God, enlightens their minds as to the truth, brings them to new birth, and causes them to walk in the ways of God. And it is "of God" not "of man", who CANNOT bring himself or others to birth, no matter whether they be children of godly Presby parents or born into the RCC. Election sees to it, not the decision of men.

And if that is arminist hyper-wesleyan DIY salvation, so be it.

490

News Item2/10/12 7:00 PM
Observer  Find all comments by Observer
FYI wrote:
"In 2006,.. 118,741 of the 364,826 baptisms in the Southern Baptist Convention (32.5%) were of children age 11 and below. 4,179 of these were of children age 5 and below. Some have suggested, as churches are increasingly reporting baptisms of even pre-school children, that we come to grips with the practice among us of “semi-infant” or “toddler baptism.”
We do not deny that children, even very young ones can come to faith. The foolishness of baptising too early is that one cannot test whether repentance is genuine. It would be wiser to leave them to grow up before administering believers baptism. We suspect that felt pressure to recruit new believers is at the heart of this issue.

Mike wrote:
That's a heckuva reason to disagree. It regards denomination as a valid basis for position. That's too cultic an idea for me. Besides, I'm not a denominational Baptist, so I can't disagree with you for that reason anyway. I disagree cause sometimes you just read the Bible funny.
Mike, since they are denominational they have no idea of how anyone can be a nondenominational baptist.

As for funny reading of the Bible. Now there's the understatement of the century.

489

News Item2/10/12 6:59 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Presby wrote:
But Mike;
I have to disagree with you!
I'm a Presby and you're a Baptist.
That's a heckuva reason to disagree. It regards denomination as a valid basis for position. That's too cultic an idea for me. Besides, I'm not a denominational Baptist, so I can't disagree with you for that reason anyway. I disagree cause sometimes you just read the Bible funny.
488

News Item2/10/12 6:56 PM
FYI  Find all comments by FYI
"In 2006, the most recent year for which on-line statistics are available, 118,741 of the 364,826 baptisms in the Southern Baptist Convention (32.5%) were of children age 11 and below. 4,179 of these were of children age 5 and below. Some have suggested, as churches are increasingly reporting baptisms of even pre-school children, that we come to grips with the practice among us of “semi-infant” or “toddler baptism.”

"Semi-Infant Baptism" in Baptist Churches

487

News Item2/10/12 5:53 PM
Observer  Find all comments by Observer
John UK wrote:
It seems utter nonsense to me also. And I also suspect that few Presbys can understand it either. But maybe there is hope for them yet.
The Bible is full of gospel exhortations, and it behoves sinners to heed what God says and do what God says.
"Repent and be baptised, every one of you....."

Serious stuff!

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." (John 3.6)

From the arguments of the Presbys on this forum they would want us to understand this to mean: "Except if you are a Presby infant born into covenant with God! Your a special case not addressed by this verse"

Wow! is all I can say!

It is extremely serious because it is a perversion of the gospel. Countless numbers have already and others will continue to die in their sins because of this teaching.

486

News Item2/10/12 5:36 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Observer wrote:
Their children grow up under the smile of God, whereas all infants who are not born under the covenant are subject to God's wrath because they are sinners. Not so the Presby infants who have had "magic" water sprinkled on them. They have the influence of the Holy Spirit guaranteed to them. By default they will be saved. They have to do something to lose the benefit of all these influences and blessings. Not so infants who are born out of covenant. By default they are lost and God has to do something in them to save them.
What utter nonsense! But they have bought into this because Calvin taught it and because the WCF teaches it
It seems utter nonsense to me also. And I also suspect that few Presbys can understand it either. But maybe there is hope for them yet.

The Bible is full of gospel exhortations, and it behoves sinners to heed what God says and do what God says.

"Repent and be baptised, every one of you....."

Observer wrote:
They have assigned eligibility for gospel blessings to the flesh, which belong only to faith!
Serious stuff!
485

News Item2/10/12 5:25 PM
Observer  Find all comments by Observer
John UK wrote:
I guess not.
What concerns me is that if Presbys are taught that because of their parents they are included in the covenant of grace, and therefore they will be saved on account of that, and they are also taught that they should not attempt to repent nor believe on Christ unless they are absolutely convinced that it is being wrought in them by the Spirit, then some poor dabs are going to have a nasty surprise when the Lord God makes up his accounts....
Their children grow up under the smile of God, whereas all infants who are not born under the covenant are subject to God's wrath because they are sinners. Not so the Presby infants who have had "magic" water sprinkled on them. They have the influence of the Holy Spirit guaranteed to them. By default they will be saved. They have to do something to lose the benefit of all these influences and blessings. Not so infants who are born out of covenant. By default they are lost and God has to do something in them to save them.

They have assigned eligibility for gospel blessings to the flesh, which belong only to faith!

Such utter nonsense! But they have bought into this because Calvin taught it and because the WCF teaches it

484

News Item2/10/12 5:08 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Observer wrote:
They can proof text, and quote their theologians. Is that NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, you reprobate?
I guess not.

What concerns me is that if Presbys are taught that because of their parents they are included in the covenant of grace, and therefore they will be saved on account of that, and they are also taught that they should not attempt to repent nor believe on Christ unless they are absolutely convinced that it is being wrought in them by the Spirit, then some poor dabs are going to have a nasty surprise when the Lord God makes up his accounts.

I don't feel sorry for wilful sinners; but for those who are deceived when they are so close to the truth, now that is sad.

483

News Item2/10/12 4:25 PM
Observer  Find all comments by Observer
John UK wrote:
Observer,
It seems that neither Presby nor any other Presby is willing to answer what rates as the most important question known to man. Astonishing.
....
You are asking infants to answer questions intended for men

Listen to Presby: "Chap 7 Of the Presbyterian WCF carries more information and relates back to the Genesis 17 inauguration of the Covenant of Grace by God, with Abraham. Therefore covers the whole counsel of God."

Whole counsel of God, starting with Abraham? So what happened before Abraham? What proof does he offer that this was a covenant of grace, except the citation from the WCF? What does the Abrahamic covenant mean for believers under the New Covenant sealed with Christ's blood? Why is the New Covenant called the "New Covenant"?

You can keep asking Bro., but they are clueless about the Word of God. They could not care a dime. They have their theology settled by the WCF and the likes of A A Hodge, and as God's elect they have the secret truth, BUT it is soooooo secret they cannot prove it to anyone elses satisfaction, at least NOT FROM THE BIBLE.

They can proof text, and quote their theologians. Is that NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU, you reprobate?

482

News Item2/10/12 4:12 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Observer wrote:
Wow its been busy.
Observer,
It seems that neither Presby nor any other Presby is willing to answer what rates as the most important question known to man. Astonishing.

If man is dead in sin, and incapable of any response to the gospel other than rejection, then grace is his only hope, that God will have mercy upon him.

If God then has eternally decided on a covenant of grace, whereby he .... whereby he ......

What?

481
There are a total of 500 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more | last
Last PostTotal
Tony Blair: West Must Confront Radical Islam
christopher000 from rhode island: "mr obama isn't going to like mr blair..."
-5 min 
Controversial ad shows 'Jesus enjoying a sandwich and a blunt'
christopher000 from rhode island: "ok, no...he shouldn't be characterized in all of..."
-9 min 
Aborted babies incinerated to provide Oregon electricity
kjg from amerika: "sickening! national socialism, alive and well in kanada,..."
-13 min 


Signs of Gigantic Reformation
William Boekestein
Loving the Incarnation (2)

Sunday, September 29, 2013
Sunday - AM
Covenant Reformed Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Rev. John S. Mahon
1: The Obedient Parent

Big Sky Fellowship FDS 2014
Grace Community...
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Deceived Church

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Antichrist Unmistakably Revealed!

Free MP3s By Charles Spurg­eon, Jon­athan Edw­ards, Rich­ard Benn­ett, Greg Price, et al.
ow.ly/w6len

Sermon:
A Tour Of Hell
E. A. Johnston






                   
We have the truth and we need not be afraid to say so. ... J. C. Ryle
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.