SITE NOTICE | MORE..Church App 50% Setup Sale! For a limited time, get your own church app for either iOS or Android platforms for a one-time setup charge of only $99 (each platform). Simply the easiest way to get your own native app! .. click for more info!
Cardinal Sean O'Malley on Thursday released a long-awaited list of priests accused of child sex abuse in Boston in the last 60 years, but he opted not to include certain priests, including ones who died without being publicly charged.
In a letter, O'Malley said 248 of Boston's priests and two deacons have been accused of child sex abuse since 1950. But he said he decided against releasing 91 of the names, including the deceased priests who weren't publicly accused; those working in Boston under religious orders or other dioceses; and priests named in unsubstantiated accusations that never went public.
Each of the 159 names published Thursday has been made public previously, though not necessarily by the archdiocese. They include still-active priests who were cleared of abuse after being publicly accused....