members, click to sign in..
 
SITE NOTICE | MORE..
SermonAudio Live Webcast Event! We are proud to be partnering with the Reforming Families Conference held this year at the Creation Museum! We are on-location webcasting the event and we hope you'll join us each session! .. click for more info!
 

4,236 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
JUL 31, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -48 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  7/31/2014
FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2011  |  17 comments
ABC News Religion Correspondent: I Can't Judge Whether bin Laden Was 'Evil'
According to the man ABC News relies on for religious analysis, it's impossible to say whether Osama bin Laden was "evil." Father Edward Beck, the network's religion correspondent, appeared with Bill O'Reilly on Tuesday and offered moral equivalence on the subject of the terrorist's death.

When the O'Reilly Factor anchor pressed Beck on whether bin Laden truly represented malevolence, Beck replied, "That's not for me to judge. His actions were certainly were evil."

O'Reilly pressed Beck on this point, prompting the ABC News analyst to assert, "No, I think that's up to God to ultimately decide who's evil." ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.mrc.org

|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  The World Trade Center Events • Dr. Bob Jones III | 9/12/2001
•  Al Mohler: What Terror Teaches • Kevin Boling | 9/11/2008
•  USA Terror: Hope Amidst Ruins • Dr. Alan Cairns | 9/16/2001
•  Tragedy of the Twin Towers • Albert N. Martin | 9/12/2001

   04/24/14  |  Benghazi Citizens Commission: Attack Made With U.S.-Provided Arms • 5 comments
   03/02/14  |  At least 28 dead, 113 injured in train station 'terror' attack... • 2 comments
   02/07/14  |  Attack on electric grid raises alarm • 27 comments
   12/14/13  |  Feds say they disrupted suicide bomb plot by worker at Wichita... • 6 comments
   11/30/13  |  SPOT-ted $900 Million, TSA Program Hasn’t Caught One Terrorist • 5 comments
MORE RELATED ( TERROR ) NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   07/31/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio & Reforming Families Conference...
   07/31/14  |  Homeland Security Agents Raid Home For Violation of EPA... • 3 comments
   07/31/14  |  University to Offer ‘Gender-Open’ Restrooms • 6 comments
   07/31/14  |  House churches in China report on rapid growth • 1 comments
   07/31/14  |  Discovery of Partially Fossilized Dinosaur Horn Prompts... • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 17 user comment(s)
News Item5/8/11 7:42 PM
Dopey  Find all comments by Dopey
Lady_Virtue, I was just reading page 1 of your 3 pages of comments. There are a lot of very good things said by you on that page. In fact I liked reading that page so much I have a present for you:

The Sunday May 8, 2011 article "The Tale of Two Women" which has the sub heading "THE VOLUPTUOUS WOMAN and THE VIRTUOUS WOMAN" and which is found here:

http://www.theignorantfishermen.com/

17

News Item5/7/11 9:45 PM
Dopey  Find all comments by Dopey
Frank wrote:
Thanks for your comment! I was raised Catholic so my opinions against the Priesthood are strong...
I don't think she was judging them in the sense that she was passing sentence on them, but she was simply talking about using discernment to identify false teachers and then stay away from them. Jesus said we would know them by their fruit, etc. In other words, we should use discernment! As I was and I "think" she was.
What you say in reference to her comment is probably true in general but the problem I had with her comment was in her assuming something ("am assuming")and relating it to "therefore".

While there certainly is such a thing as a Holy Spirit assumption
(John 21:25)
I believe hers misses the mark. Her basic assumption reduced to a simple form comes out in part "Edward Beck... is Catholic. Therefore, the Word of God would not be the standard by which he makes judgments, anyway."

I actually like her comment, except for the part I am dwelling on. Am I nitpicking? Not really. I am just trying to encourage people, including myself, to a higher standard of comments.

As of this writing I have two entire comments under the name of "Dopey" I regret I ever wrote.

16

News Item5/7/11 8:20 PM
Frank | Clearwater, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Dopey wrote:
What you refer to with your quote is not well said, but rather only parts of what she said are well said. For further amplification of what I mean skip down to the 12:57 PM post.
Thanks for your comment! I was raised Catholic so my opinions against the Priesthood are strong. I agree, with such short space it is hard to discern what someone actually means sometimes, so we just do the best we can.

I don't think she was judging them in the sense that she was passing sentence on them, but she was simply talking about using discernment to identify false teachers and then stay away from them. Jesus said we would know them by their fruit, etc. In other words, we should use discernment! As I was and I "think" she was.

15

News Item5/7/11 4:49 PM
Dopey | Dopey  Find all comments by Dopey
Frank wrote:
Well said!
What you refer to with your quote is not well said, but rather only parts of what she said are well said. For further amplification of what I mean skip down to the 12:57 PM post.
14

News Item5/7/11 12:05 PM
Frank | Clearwater, FL  Contact via emailFind all comments by Frank
Lady_Virtue wrote:
If one judges righteously, as John 7:24 commands, then the conclusion is obvious. (Even appearance further testifies to the obvious answer as well.)
I did not see the video footage referred to here, but am assuming since Edward Beck is referred to as "Father" (blasphemous in and of itself; Matthew 23:9), that he is Catholic. Therefore, the Word of God would not be the standard by which he makes judgments, anyway. Besides, ABC News would not hire or retain such a one.
Well said! When the church tries to glean something righteous from a Catholic Priest, or for that matter from anyone who is clearly outside of God's church, then they are simply doing what Eve did in the garden. Satan was an angel of light then and he hasn't changed his tactics. I just think of them as little trojan horses that conceal their true agendas and ignore them. Sorry to be so divisive!
13

News Item5/7/11 8:05 AM
Bill O'Reilly  Find all comments by Bill O'Reilly
Mark j is a liberal.
Perhaps even a Democrat.
12

News Item5/6/11 10:57 PM
Mark J  Find all comments by Mark J
Bill O'Reilly is evil.
11

News Item5/6/11 6:11 PM
sa  Find all comments by sa
Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

If you fear the Lord you will hate evil. If you hate evil it stands to reason you will be able to recognise it.

Proverbs 14:16 A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Proverbs 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.

Proverbs 27:12 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished

10

News Item5/6/11 4:43 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
I can see how bin Laden could have had a last-minute conversion, seeing as how he could have received a secret tract from his trusted courier, (who may have been a Christian) the night before the raid. Hey, you never know. Who am I to think otherwise?
Well let's see, there's a thousand and one religions in the world, like Sihkism and Buddism, and he could have converted to any one of them in his last hours on earth, even to one of the thousand and one Christian religions, even to a minority group like fundamental or reformed.

Mind you, if God had called him that night, he would also have stopped the team going in to bash his head in.

9

News Item5/6/11 4:20 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
I can see how bin Laden could have had a last-minute conversion, seeing as how he could have received a secret tract from his trusted courier, (who may have been a Christian) the night before the raid. Hey, you never know. Who am I to think otherwise?
8

News Item5/6/11 3:19 PM
Dominic | Uk  Contact via emailFind all comments by Dominic
Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Why do people struggle with people ending up in hell such as celebrities and other people seem to be adverse
As a Christian if someone like Michael Jackson or bin laden has lived a evil life there whole life they are going to hell because as a Christian if in prayer Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
The bible says few I would say that there have been some people who have had death bed conversions but there alot of celebrities and ordinary people who hate god why should get into heaven and led others into the pathway of hell
I would not be evangelising on the street to the lost who are going to hell,most people hate god they do not want god
The other group that people seem to be light on is relatives
It is almost do not realise is that the people around them are going to hell
To me someone who has repented should show fruit and believes in Jesus
People like George Whitfield and others would preach with tears because they understood hell
A co

7

News Item5/6/11 12:57 PM
Dopey  Find all comments by Dopey
Lady_Virtue wrote:
I did not see the video footage referred to here, but am assuming since Edward Beck is referred to as "Father" (blasphemous in and of itself; Matthew 23:9), that he is Catholic. Therefore, the Word of God would not be the standard by which he makes judgments, anyway.
John 8:15

You judge according to the flesh: I [Jesus] judge not any man.
--Douay-Rheims Bible

6

News Item5/6/11 12:24 PM
Revivalandreformation | Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by Revivalandreformation
BCO wrote:
If Mosab Hassan Yousef had been put to death by Navy Seals on the night he repented and prayed to Christ for salvation, wouldn't he be in Heaven? However, wouldn't most of us presume that he would be in Hell?
Likewise, if bin Laden repented of his sins and followed Christ the evening before his death, wouldn't he be saved from the fires of Hell and be considered a friend of God and not evil?
If this is impossible, then what hope do any of us have whose "heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it?" (Jer 17:9).
It will be shocking to us when we discover who's in Heaven and who's in Hell.
That's my point exactly. God saves and can save in an instant. We have no right to judge anyone's salvation. There are many who seem very spiritual and they will undoubtedly end up in hell and many who seem very worldly (or at-least don't flow with the status quo), and they will go to heaven. God saves, and can save at any time He chooses.
5

News Item5/6/11 11:46 AM
Rufus | Fort Worth, TX  Protected NameFind all comments by Rufus
jpw wrote:
The real question is if he was actually Hindu, since he had 9 lives.
Also if he is messianic, because his power lives on, even though he's dead and has been dead.
Who knows how many more times he's going to die. I imagine if one cared to monitor poll numbers one might be able to predict his next death.
4

News Item5/6/11 11:08 AM
jpw  Find all comments by jpw
The real question is if he was actually Hindu, since he had 9 lives.

Also if he is messianic, because his power lives on, even though he's dead and has been dead.

3

News Item5/6/11 10:34 AM
BCO  Contact via emailFind all comments by BCO
If Mosab Hassan Yousef had been put to death by Navy Seals on the night he repented and prayed to Christ for salvation, wouldn't he be in Heaven? However, wouldn't most of us presume that he would be in Hell?

Likewise, if bin Laden repented of his sins and followed Christ the evening before his death, wouldn't he be saved from the fires of Hell and be considered a friend of God and not evil?

If this is impossible, then what hope do any of us have whose "heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, who can know it?" (Jer 17:9).

It will be shocking to us when we discover who's in Heaven and who's in Hell.

2

News Item5/6/11 9:34 AM
Lady_Virtue | OKC  Contact via emailFind all comments by Lady_Virtue
If one judges righteously, as John 7:24 commands, then the conclusion is obvious. (Even appearance further testifies to the obvious answer as well.)

I did not see the video footage referred to here, but am assuming since Edward Beck is referred to as "Father" (blasphemous in and of itself; Matthew 23:9), that he is Catholic. Therefore, the Word of God would not be the standard by which he makes judgments, anyway. Besides, ABC News would not hire or retain such a one.

1
There are a total of 17 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Pope Francis Becomes First Pope to Visit Pentecostal Church;...
sf from tx: "john uk wrote: ' . when they are very young, it can be read to them..."
-46 min 42 
University to Offer ‘Gender-Open’ Restrooms
jonathan from washington: "amazing day and age we live in.."
-2 hrs 
130 Environmental Groups Call For An End To Capitalism
james thomas from florida: "declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient..."
-2 hrs 152 


It is HIStory!

Richard Warmack
Salvation By Grace, Pt 2

Studies In Ephesians
Sunday School
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


E. A. Johnston
America Revival Or Ruin

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Staff Pick!Play! | MP3

Pastor Joseph LoSardo
It's a Wicked World, After All

Under the Sun
Bread of Life Fellowship
Play! | MP3

Blog 7/29/14
Experiencing Opposition.

New York Gospel Mission
&ldq­uo;god is not the author of conf­us­ion but of...

Sponsor:
Obama: The Anti-Israel President?

The Rest­or­at­ion of the Jews (Isr­ael) In Ref­ormed Esch­at­ol­ogy, Free MP3s, Vid­eos, etc.
www.puritandownloads.com/th..

Sponsor:
Hilarious Christian comedian for hire!

Past­ors hire Mutzie to perf­orm at your church and I guar­antee you'll have him ret­urn.
www.mutzie.com

Sponsor: Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

Sykesville, MD | zip
Liberty Church, PCA

The den­om­in­at­ion of RC Sproul and Tim Kell­er.
www.libertychurchpca.org






                   
There is nothing but heaven worth setting our hearts upon. ... Richard Baxter

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.