members, click to sign in..

6,146 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
JUL 30, 2015
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -8 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA News
FRONT PAGE  |  7/30/2015
SATURDAY, OCT 23, 2010  |  18 comments  |  1 commentary
450 years since John Knox
Joint plans to mark the 450th anniversary of the Reformation were unveiled by the Church of Scotland and Scottish Government today.

The main national focus will be on Wednesday November 3, beginning with a conference, organised by the Joint Commission on Doctrine, followed by an ecumenical service at St Giles’ Cathedral and then an evening reception hosted by First Minister Alex Salmond in the Great Hall of Edinburgh Castle.

The day-long conference, ‘The Scottish Reformation 1560: Marking the Legacy, Imagining the Future’, opened by the First Minister and addressed by Professor Tom Devine, Rev Dr Alan Falconer, Rev Dr Alison Peden, Professor Paul Murray and the Very Rev Dr Sheilagh Kesting.

The Kirk is also planning a touring exhibition, alongside the release of hundreds of years of Kirk Session minutes which will provide a valuable insight into the Church’s development and a mine of ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
John Knox: Trumpet Blast • 420+
Rev. Gordon Dane | Crossgar Free Presbyterian
Play! | RSS

  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  A New Evangelical Downgrade: 1 • Dr. Peter Masters | 9/28/1996
•  The Battle for Justification • Dr. James White | 10/30/2005
•  Is the Reformation Over? • Phil Johnson | 3/1/2006

   03/14/15  |  Another One Bites the Dust • 2 comments
   03/11/15  |  God Doesn't Want Matt Chandler to be Your Pastor • 18 comments
   01/08/14  |  Christian Post: Warning, this article may offend many Christians • 93 comments
   01/01/14  |  Michelle Obama praises lesbian TV anchor • 17 comments
   12/29/13  |  U.S. Slams 'Conservative Gender Norms' • 377 comments
MORE RELATED ( ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/30/15  |  Chinese leaders order all crosses demolished • 6 comments
   07/30/15  |  Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards Compares Pro-Lifers... • 15 comments
   07/22/15  |  Video: Planned Parenthood Doctor Haggling Price of Baby Body... • 30 comments
   07/21/15  |  Graham: Stop Muslim Immigration • 14 comments
   07/18/15  |  White House backs Planned Parenthood's explanation • 15 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   07/15/15  |  SermonAudio Tip: Improved Online Donation Support for... • 13 comments
   07/03/15  |  SermonAudio Tip: Enjoy Sermons + Find Churches On The Apple...
   05/20/15  |  Voddie Baucham’s big move to Africa • 7 comments
   04/24/15  |  SermonAudio Tip: e-Sword Bible Software Integrates with... • 11 comments
   04/19/15  |  SermonAudio Tip: Upload Sermons From Anywhere Using An iPhone or... • 3 comments
MORE SPECIAL | MORE..
   07/30/15  |  Chinese leaders order all crosses demolished • 6 comments
   07/30/15  |  Wheaton College to Drop Student Health Insurance Because of... • 1 comments
   07/30/15  |  PP Warned News Outlets Not to Air Undercover Videos • 2 comments
   07/30/15  |  Investigation Finds No Proof BJU Violated Reporting Laws
   07/30/15  |  State Dept. Bars Christians from Testifying about Persecution • 1 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 18 user comment(s)
News Item10/28/10 7:09 PM
WayneUK  Find all comments by WayneUK
taken to the place of execution, tied to the stake, strangled and burned. His last words: "Oh Lord, open the King of England's eyes."

As Jim seems to be the expert on the History of the Bible and England/Scotland...was Tyndale's prayer answered and how?

Just curious re: his answer and how it involved the King etc?

18

News Item10/28/10 4:54 PM
Wayfare  Find all comments by Wayfare
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Easliy, the church would have been built better and faster, if a better Bible was in use!
Jim Lincoln.
More blasphemy eh Jim???
Christians believe that God builds His Church and none shall be lost.

You appear to be favouring the papist salvation by human effort. Indeed by education of sinner?
That discounts the work of the Holy Spirit.

Jim. Here is the good news from the Word of God KING JAMES VERSION.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 18:9 That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.

17

News Item10/28/10 4:01 PM
miJ  Find all comments by miJ
Lim Jincoln wrote:
Thank you Jim for saving us from the KJV. I think of all those poor people who went to Hell because they got saved by reading or hearing the KJV. But they really didn't get saved, because the only way to get saved is through the NASB.
Jim is out true savior, and the NASB is his prophet.
Praise Jim, Praise Jim, tell of NASB greatness....
16

News Item10/28/10 3:33 PM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
Mike wrote:
The strawman cometh often from both sides, John, and one side isn't any prettier than the other.
Well let me put the question to you, Mike: Is there a Ruckmanite about? Or is it a figment of Jim's parrot-like imagination? Or is it deliberate, to cause us to forget the important and totally rational questions?

p.s. The answer is the third option, as you well know, bro.

15

News Item10/28/10 3:14 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
John UK wrote:
Did I miss something? Have you found a KJV-Onlyist cultist on the thread Jim?
---
Howbeit if this is just another strawman to make your argument taste just a little better, be it known unto you that such distractions are of no consequence, indeed, they make you appear to be just like a parrot, a deceiver, and an antichrist.
Stick to THE TRUTH, and let us have some decent Christian debate, ...
---
The strawman cometh often from both sides, John, and one side isn't any prettier than the other.
14

News Item10/28/10 3:04 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Easliy, the church would have been built better and faster, if a better Bible was in use!. I seem to have pointed out that the Protestant Reformers did just fine using the Catholic Vulgate, in starting the Reformation, that Bible certainly isn't perfect, Why not use the an updated version of the Wycliffe Bible, it's based on one 1,000 years old! Just because a barely adequate version of the Bible was used and got some results, why not use a better version now? Why I Do Not Think the King James Bible Is the Best Translation Available Today

John, UK, I'm not parroting, but what if I were? the same good answers take care of the same bad old questions!

13

News Item10/28/10 2:52 PM
4asmuch  Find all comments by 4asmuch
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Dear KJV Only Advocate:

'Do not give them a loaf of bread, covered with an inedible, impenetrable crust, fossilized by three and a half centuries.

One thing of note, even though The [A]nglican [V]ersion a syncretic Bible put forth by a sycretic church founded by a serial wife murderer!

Jim Lincoln.
We still await your explanation as to why God, Christ and the Holy Spirit used such an incompetent and bungling book to build and teach His Church?

Have you advised the Lord to change every church into a NASBy church? Clearly He is in great need of your expertise because of His failures.

PS. Jim you don't think all this criticism of yours is amounting to so much blasphemy do you?

12

News Item10/28/10 2:49 PM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
Jim Lincoln wrote:
One thing of note...
One thing to note is that Mr Lincoln works just a politician: If they can't answer the question, or if answering the question is detrimental to their position, they avoid it completely and woffle on about something else, just like a mindless parrot.

Well Mr Lincoln's arguments don't hold any water, they are clouds without rain, hot air that disappears upwards and is never seen again, escaping steam that is soon dissipated.

Mr Lincoln is also an unbeliever, because he does not believe even the basics of the five solas. He should listen to Mr Yurich and receive Christ as his personal Saviour, and thus gain entrance into heaven when he expires and passes away, because only one thing is needful to enter heaven when one dies, and that is that "Ye must be born again".

Yea, ye must be born again, whoever thou art.

11

News Item10/28/10 2:33 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Actually I was just waiting for a comment on another thread to put this up, but you gave me an early excuse,

Dear KJV Only Advocate:

'Do not give them a loaf of bread, covered with an inedible, impenetrable crust, fossilized by three and a half centuries. Give them the Word of God as fresh and warm and clear as the Holy Spirit gave it to the authors of the Bible. . . . For any preacher or theologian who loves God's Word to allow that Word to go on being misunderstood because of the veneration of an archaic, not-understood version of four centuries ago is inexcusable, and almost unconscionable'---Edward H. Palmer

One thing of note, even though The [A]nglican [V]ersion a syncretic Bible put forth by a sycretic church founded by a serial wife murderer! is a really bad Bible -- though great literature. I don't make any fuss when people use it, but when I use a much superior Bible, again see, Comparing Bible Translations--Conclusions, I'm attacked like I was at a JW convention for criticizing the NWT? Oh, I know why, I answered my own question! But hey! anything I can do to help!

10

News Item10/28/10 2:27 PM
John UK | Wales  Contact via emailFind all comments by John UK
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Sometimes this KJ Only attitude
......
Did I miss something? Have you found a KJV-Onlyist cultist on the thread Jim? If so, let me know who he is and I will recommend him to go find the TBS articles and get a better position.

Howbeit if this is just another strawman to make your argument taste just a little better, be it known unto you that such distractions are of no consequence, indeed, they make you appear to be just like a parrot, a deceiver, and an antichrist.

Stick to THE TRUTH, and let us have some decent Christian debate, instead of this liberalising, unbelieving, doubt-producing and despair-forming woffle from your beak.

It is said that some UK zoos are looking for some big-beaked parrots to enhance their animal kingdom, so I should go easy on the parrot impersonations if I were you.

9

News Item10/28/10 1:59 PM
Lim Jincoln  Find all comments by Lim Jincoln
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Sometimes this KJ Only attitude goes beyond all logic and dabbles in the realm of the absurd. In 1995 I was on the John Ankerberg show called, “What’s the Best Bible Translation?” There were three KJV advocates. Early on in the eight-part program (that was filmed all in one day) John Ankerberg asked them, “If a person in Russia becomes a Christian, are you saying that he would need to learn English in order to read the only true Holy Bible?” After a brief pause, the lead KJV advocate said, “Yes!” I wondered why I had been asked to be on the show after hearing that response…
Thank you Jim for saving us from the KJV. I think of all those poor people who went to Hell because they got saved by reading or hearing the KJV. But they really didn't get saved, because the only way to get saved is through the NASB.
Jim is out true savior, and the NASB is his prophet.
8

News Item10/28/10 1:34 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Sometimes this KJ Only attitude goes beyond all logic and dabbles in the realm of the absurd. In 1995 I was on the John Ankerberg show called, “What’s the Best Bible Translation?” There were three KJV advocates. Early on in the eight-part program (that was filmed all in one day) John Ankerberg asked them, “If a person in Russia becomes a Christian, are you saying that he would need to learn English in order to read the only true Holy Bible?” After a brief pause, the lead KJV advocate said, “Yes!” I wondered why I had been asked to be on the show after hearing that response…
7

News Item10/27/10 3:54 PM
Cotter  Find all comments by Cotter
Jim Lincoln wrote:
no doubt even used it over the [A]nglican [V]ersion, the Geneva Bible is a better Bible
Isn't it amazing how Jim knows better than God? The Lord made the mistake of using the KJV for four hundred years instead of the Geneva.

If only the Lord had Jim to advise Him in 1611.

6

News Item10/27/10 2:36 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
jkb, I said that John Knox would have endorsed and no doubt even used it over the [A]nglican [V]ersion, the Geneva Bible is a better Bible, but--
Christopher Pope wrote:
Translations Not Recommended
Advances in understanding the text of the New Testament, as well as changes in the English language, have made the Geneva Bible (GEN), King James Version (KJV), and Young's Literal Translation far obsolete. Their rating is lower for the fact that, while the most formally literal, none of them pay enough attention to the nuances of grammar and syntax. The KJV would have done better if it had kept to Tyndale's simple style instead of the elevated language that soon became outdated. The 21st Century King James Version (KJ21) might have outdone the NKJV if it had been more consistent in updating the KJV's archaisms and correcting more obvious errors such as Easter in Acts 12:4....
from, Comparing Bible Translations--Conclusions
5

News Item10/24/10 11:45 PM
jkb  Find all comments by jkb
It is a good Bible, even if Jim does endorse it.
4

News Item10/24/10 4:10 PM
Lockrerman  Find all comments by Lockrerman
Jim Lincoln wrote:
They should have also marked the 450 anniversary the first great Bible that John Knox would have endorsed, The Geneva Bible Of 1560. But, quite a few things Christian unfortunately have goon awry in Great Britain.
Yeah Jim. We know. Everything is about Bible traslations.

By the way. Since you are so Anti English, I take it you must be Native American. If your ancestors came from England then you must have trouble with yourself.

3

News Item10/24/10 2:19 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
They should have also marked the 450 anniversary the first great Bible that John Knox would have endorsed, The Geneva Bible Of 1560. But, quite a few things Christian unfortunately have goon awry in Great Britain.
2

News Item10/24/10 10:33 AM
Colshot  Find all comments by Colshot
"“We have been working with the Kirk to ensure the 450th Anniversary is appropriately remembered. The Scottish Government fully appreciates the work of the Kirk across Scotland, and internationally, as well as all our varied faith communities for their roles in helping our nation to become One Scotland."

A Liberal church.
A Liberal First Minister.
Female preachers.

John Knox will be doing cartwheels in his grave!!

They've called it "Marking the Legacy, Imagining the future"

The lagacy is sadly marked by the evil sodomite Liberal heresy of the Kirk. They have a depraved sodomite preaching in an Aberdeen pulpit.

"Imagining the future" of this Liberal Kirk is to perceive Satan in charge, heresy in pulpit and fools in pews!

"Varied faith communities"???
The idolatrous view of the reprobates who know NOT the truth.

1
There are a total of 18 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Oldest Bible Text Since Dead Sea Scrolls Discovered
john uk from wales: "carry on jim, you've almost reached the question."
-7 min 357 
PP Warned News Outlets Not to Air Undercover Videos
wayfairer pilgrim from lubbock,tx: "abortionists will and have used the judicial..."
-35 min 
Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards Compares...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "noted 1517 :nod: also taking notice of the article,..."
-59 min 15 


Bill Parker
Lesson 8 - The Glorified Realm

What is Salvation?
TV Broadcast
Eager Avenue Grace Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS

Blessed of God
Frank Hall

Hourly:
A Small Business Man
Dr. Sinclair B. Ferguson
First Presbyterian Church
Staff Picks..

Douglas Salyer
Psalm 1 - The Blessed Man

Exposition of The Psalms
Princess Chapel Church
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Jeff Lyle
The Benefits of Obedience

Authentic Trust
Transforming Truth &...
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Sermon: Important Memorials For Life
Dr. Andy Bloom

SPONSOR | 2,600+

SPONSOR




                   
I pray daily for revival. ... D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile
Apple Watch New!
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting New!
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2015 SermonAudio.com.