members, click to sign in..

3,207 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
AUG 21, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -1 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  8/21/2014
Choice News MONDAY, JUL 13, 2009  |  39 comments
Knowledge of Bible 'in decline'
The National Biblical Literacy Survey found that young people believe the Bible is old-fashioned and for people like EastEnders' character Dot Cotton.

More than 900 people from faith and non-faith backgrounds were surveyed, with fewer than one in 20 able to name all of the Ten Commandments.

But the study showed many still turn to the Bible at times of emotional stress.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
news.bbc.co.uk

Charge to Preachers to Man Up!
|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  What Teacher is Right? • Frank Jones | 10/6/2002
•  Why I Believe the Bible • Voddie Baucham | 6/30/2005
•  Charge to Preachers to Man Up!David Parsons | 9/25/2013
•  Alleged Discrepancies - 1 • David Nelms | 1/29/1992

   08/19/14  |  Travelodge removes Bibles from its rooms • 4 comments
   08/05/14  |  â€˜Virtually Indestructible’ Bible Built With ‘Space Age... • 44 comments
   07/24/14  |  This Guy Recently Revealed Big Plans to Change the Bible • 23 comments
   07/19/14  |  Family Behind Hobby Lobby Has New Project: Bible Museum • 3 comments
   06/15/14  |  Bible Is Biggest Influence on My Thinking, Says Hillary Clinton • 14 comments
MORE RELATED ( BIBLE ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/20/14  |  Legal-Courts Same-sex 'marriage' freight train derailed in Tenn. • 2 comments
   08/18/14  |  Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it • 38 comments
   08/17/14  |  Creation Museum breaks ground on Noah's Ark project • 8 comments
   08/15/14  |  More Unmarried New Moms Cohabiting • 11 comments
   08/12/14  |  5-Year-Old Christian Boy Cut in Half by ISIS Terrorists • 17 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 39 user comment(s)
News Item7/27/09 2:32 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
John Yurich USA wrote:
...I am not under the influence of the unscriptural RCC teachings because I have totally rejected and repudiated all of the unscriptural RCC teachings. And thus I do not tolerate the idolatrous practices in the RCC. I believe that salvation is by Justification By Faith In Jesus Alone.
John, Michael Hranek, I think gave you an excellent example in that you can get clean water by skimming the layer that doesn't have the sludge. No, it is still filthy water, not the Water of Life. You really do have to listen to, The Doctrine of Apostates. If you were a Christian you would Come out of the Catholic Church.
39

News Item7/27/09 5:19 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
John Yurich USA wrote:
I am most certainly am not any kind of Jesuit, Priest or otherwise. And if I have totally repudiated and rejected all of the unscriptural RCC doctrines and adhere only to the scriptural RCC doctrines then I most certainly am not under the influence of any false RCC teaching. I do not know anything about the Jesuits what their beliefs are. And I believe that salvation is by Justification By Faith In Jesus Alone. So knock off this insanity that I am under the influence of false RCC teaching. If someone believes that salvation is by Justification By Faith In Jesus Alone then logic dictates that they can not simultaneously be under the influence of False RCC teaching.
Ah but John Yurich, the RCC believes in justification by faith alone! Your words mean absolutely nothing, NOTHING!!

Innocent of deliberate infiltration or not, you still play the part of DEVIL'S ADVOCATE, for which God will hold you responsible.

It is a well-known fact that around the world there are many, many, Roman Catholics who are slyly and deviously and subtlely (just like their father the devil) seeking to turn true believers back to that antichristian cult known as ROMAN CATHOLICISM!

Your PAPA is antichrist!

38

News Item7/26/09 8:09 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
If someone believes that salvation is by Justification By Faith In Jesus Alone then logic dictates that they can not simultaneously be under the influence of False RCC teaching.
John Yurich USA
I so disagree with your premise.
Jesus said, "My sheep hear My voice and I know them and they follow Me."

Since I seriously doubt Jesus would ever lead any individual to remain in the False Roman Catholic Religion (His word, the Bible tells us to come out from her and be separate) your acknowledging justification by faith as Biblical Truth is not the issue but rather do you follow the Lord Jesus Christ you say you believe in.

btw I did not say you were under the influence of False RCC teaching but under the influence of serious false teaching. Jesus says, "Not everyone who says to Me, "'Lord, Lord' shall enter the kingdom of heaven but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven."

Since you profess to be reading the Bible I would highly suggest you do some serious prayer and honest soul searching if you are hearing His voice and obeying Him...or just doing whatever it is that makes John Yurich feel spiritual and making up all sorts of excuses for your disobedience.

37

News Item7/26/09 6:54 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Michael Hranek wrote:
John Yurich USA
How interesting. I didn't say Jesuit priest did I. And from what I understand one doesn't have to be a priest to be a Jesuit do they.
I was simply stating the obvious that you are certainly under the influence of serious false teaching.
btw If I remember correctly aren't the Jesuits infamous for claiming it is okay to lie to others if it advances their purposes.
I am most certainly am not any kind of Jesuit, Priest or otherwise. And if I have totally repudiated and rejected all of the unscriptural RCC doctrines and adhere only to the scriptural RCC doctrines then I most certainly am not under the influence of any false RCC teaching. I do not know anything about the Jesuits what their beliefs are. And I believe that salvation is by Justification By Faith In Jesus Alone. So knock off this insanity that I am under the influence of false RCC teaching. If someone believes that salvation is by Justification By Faith In Jesus Alone then logic dictates that they can not simultaneously be under the influence of False RCC teaching.
36

News Item7/26/09 5:53 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
I am not a Jesuit Priest. In fact I am not a Priest at all. Are you kidding? There is no way that I would ever wish to become a Priest because Priest's are not permitted to marry and I wish to get married and have between 5 and 10 children. I am not under the influence of the unscriptural RCC teachings because I have totally rejected and repudiated all of the unscriptural RCC teachings. And thus I do not tolerate the idolatrous practices in the RCC. I believe that salvation is by Justification By Faith In Jesus Alone.
John Yurich USA
How interesting. I didn't say Jesuit priest did I. And from what I understand one doesn't have to be a priest to be a Jesuit do they.
I was simply stating the obvious that you are certainly under the influence of serious false teaching.

btw If I remember correctly aren't the Jesuits infamous for claiming it is okay to lie to others if it advances their purposes.

35

News Item7/26/09 4:04 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Michael Hranek wrote:
John Yurich USA
Just who in the world are you, Mr Yurich? Some have speculated you are nothing more than a Jesuit agent and from your postings you are certainly under the influence of serious false teaching.
As to the RCC having a different or another Jesus that lifeless piece of bread catholic people bow to is NOT Jesus, nor is the infant of Prague, nor are the assorted other baby jesus idols catholic people have in their churches and homes. If the RCC which you are defending believe in the Real Jesus who God Himself identifies and reveals in the Bible you all wouldn't tolerate the blasphemous idolatry the RCC is infamous for.
I am not a Jesuit Priest. In fact I am not a Priest at all. Are you kidding? There is no way that I would ever wish to become a Priest because Priest's are not permitted to marry and I wish to get married and have between 5 and 10 children. I am not under the influence of the unscriptural RCC teachings because I have totally rejected and repudiated all of the unscriptural RCC teachings. And thus I do not tolerate the idolatrous practices in the RCC. I believe that salvation is by Justification By Faith In Jesus Alone.
34

News Item7/26/09 6:01 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
And it is insane and psychotic to state that the RCC has a different jesus.
John Yurich USA
Just who in the world are you, Mr Yurich? Some have speculated you are nothing more than a Jesuit agent and from your postings you are certainly under the influence of serious false teaching.

As to the RCC having a different or another Jesus that lifeless piece of bread catholic people bow to is NOT Jesus, nor is the infant of Prague, nor are the assorted other baby jesus idols catholic people have in their churches and homes. If the RCC which you are defending believe in the Real Jesus who God Himself identifies and reveals in the Bible you all wouldn't tolerate the blasphemous idolatry the RCC is infamous for.

33

News Item7/26/09 4:35 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Michael Hranek wrote:
John Yurich USA
Respectfully, "How willfully blind can you be?"
How about the Mass, the supposed unbloody ongoin sacrifice performed by Catholic priests and don't forget Transubstantiation?
What about the Roasary since the RCC baby jesus needs his momma The Queen of Heaven to save people from an imaginary purgatory?
There is of course more but hey if you want to be blind be blind.
Well of course the doctrines of the Mass being a sacrifice and Transubstantiation are unscriptural but I do not consider them to be doctrines concerning the Lord Jesus. Also the Rosary is not entirely unscriptural because the Lord's Prayer and the Gloria Prayer are scriptural. And it is insane and psychotic to state that the RCC has a different jesus. The Apostles and Nicene Creeds state "WE BELIEVE IN ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST THE ONLY SON OF GOD". That is the biblical and historical Jesus that the RCC believes in. So it is totally illogical to state that the RCC has a different jesus. You are correct that Purgatory is imaginary.

Jim Lincoln:I do not go to Catholic Bible Studies. I study the Bible on my own. And I do not have a commented Catholic Bible. I have the New American Catholic Bible.

32

News Item7/20/09 2:05 AM
Cezar | Midwest  Find all comments by Cezar
Literacy in general is in a decline.

Baptist Fellowship

31

News Item7/15/09 4:14 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
What do you mean that the Catholic Church taught false doctrines concerning the Lord Jesus? I and all Catholics have been taught by the Catholic Church that Jesus is God Incarnate. And I never payed attention to how the Catholic Church interprets the Bible. I have always interpreted the Bible myself without regard to how the Catholic Church interprets the Bible.
John Yurich USA
Respectfully, "How willfully blind can you be?"

How about the Mass, the supposed unbloody ongoin sacrifice performed by Catholic priests and don't forget Transubstantiation?

What about the Roasary since the RCC baby jesus needs his momma The Queen of Heaven to save people from an imaginary purgatory?

There is of course more but hey if you want to be blind be blind.

30

News Item7/15/09 3:02 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Oh, John Y? This what an ex-Catholic had to say about Catholic Bible Studies. I would assume you used a commented Catholic Bible in those studies as well? some people here complain about MacArthur or Ryrie, they should get an eyeful at looking at Catholic commentary.

Gentlemen, what you are complaining about is lower or textural criticism, a golden oldie explaining the terms, Criticism of the Bible, which you might not find offensive. The New King James Version, would certainly be preferable to the old one.

As much as one of you stated that we should start speaking like Quakers, that just isn't going to happen.

1Corintians 14:11 If then I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be to the one who speaks a barbarian, and the one who speaks will be a barbarian to me. ---NASB, as pointed out in the Preface of the AV

29

News Item7/15/09 6:55 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Michael Hranek wrote:
John Yurich USA
Hmmmm? Another way of looking at it is that you are quite knowledgeable in what the Idolatrous Blasphemous Roman Catholic Church has FALSELY taught you about the Bible and about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Remember mr Yurich I was raised Roman Catholic and am quite aware how they teach Catholic people to reason(that would be falsely) away those things God Himself says in Scripture they don't like and especially those things which would expose them as being in league with the Devil.
You might notice saying your "sinners prayer" was never to ask the Lord's forgiveness for the rampant lying sinful abuse of the Word of God by the Catholic Church you cherish so much and ergo you are still in it and have repeatedly shown you continue in the same kind of sin the RCC practises.
Yes, Some knowledge of the Bible you've got there.
What do you mean that the Catholic Church taught false doctrines concerning the Lord Jesus? I and all Catholics have been taught by the Catholic Church that Jesus is God Incarnate. And I never payed attention to how the Catholic Church interprets the Bible. I have always interpreted the Bible myself without regard to how the Catholic Church interprets the Bible.
28

News Item7/15/09 5:44 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
I have always been knowledgeable of the Bible ever since my teenage years. Then you Evangelical Protestants state that Catholics are not knowledgeable of the Bible. When I was in public elementary school and I took religious education classes at the local Catholic Church once a week after school they taught the Bible and they encouraged the students to read the Bible.
John Yurich USA
Hmmmm? Another way of looking at it is that you are quite knowledgeable in what the Idolatrous Blasphemous Roman Catholic Church has FALSELY taught you about the Bible and about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Remember mr Yurich I was raised Roman Catholic and am quite aware how they teach Catholic people to reason(that would be falsely) away those things God Himself says in Scripture they don't like and especially those things which would expose them as being in league with the Devil.

You might notice saying your "sinners prayer" was never to ask the Lord's forgiveness for the rampant lying sinful abuse of the Word of God by the Catholic Church you cherish so much and ergo you are still in it and have repeatedly shown you continue in the same kind of sin the RCC practises.

Yes, Some knowledge of the Bible you've got there.

27

News Item7/15/09 4:17 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
I have always been knowledgeable of the Bible ever since my teenage years. Then you Evangelical Protestants state that Catholics are not knowledgeable of the Bible. When I was in public elementary school and I took religious education classes at the local Catholic Church once a week after school they taught the Bible and they encouraged the students to read the Bible.
26

News Item7/15/09 4:08 AM
Biblicist  Find all comments by Biblicist
Alan H wrote:
It is my personal opinion that one of the greatest factors in this decline is "the translation controversy."
I agree Alan, but I would go further and say that alongside the method of translation (and I am by no means diminishing its importance), another crucial element is determining which texts are valid for translation purposes.

The confusion sown in the minds of the godly and the ungodly when certain verses, phrases, and words are included in some versions and not in others is extremely damaging!

25

News Item7/14/09 10:15 PM
Alan H | Washington State  Protected NameFind all comments by Alan H
There is no question in my mind that the knowledge of the Bible is in decline. You only need to look at what many churches are preaching, or rather not preaching to see the evidence of that fact. Many pastors themselves are ignorant of the basic truths; how can they possibly teach what they don't know? I don't recall who it was but someone said, "Many preacher don't have the Spirit of the Word so the hearers don't have the letter of the Word (knowledge).

It is my personal opinion that one of the greatest factors in this decline is "the translation controversy." We have a great many like Jim Lincoln who have such an aversion for the Authorized Version that they make it a point to criticize it at any opportunity and try to discourage its use. I could maybe see it if he were to try to establish the use of another version which he thought better, but he doesn't. No, his efforts are only to destroy people's confidence in our version; he has no replacement for it, but doubt. Sounds a bit devilish to me. Seems a bit strange to make it an occupation to try to disprove what has been to multitudes what they considered to be "the Word of God."

One thing is certain, Jim, you've convinced one person, YOURSELF! But I fear that you are mistakenly fighting against God, at your own loss.

24

News Item7/14/09 9:44 PM
Mr. Dispy  Find all comments by Mr. Dispy
Jim Lincoln wrote:
I don't know where to start.
Start by acknowledging the problems with the Greek and Hebrew texts created by Wescott and Hort and their ilk during the 'higher criticism' frenzy of the mid-19th century.

Jay P. Green sr's Introduction to his Interlinear Bible deals with these issues clearly and succinctly, but I do not have a link I can post to it.

The basic argument for the so-called 'superior texts' is that they are older. Green quite ably argues that these older manuscripts were found on dusty shelves in the Vatican library because even the medieval popes were embarrassed to use such obviously altered texts.

The manuscripts that form the basis of the Received Text did not survive - because they were actually used. The revival of the altered manuscripts in the 19th c. was employed for the same purposes as the original shameless tinkerers - to deceive.

Green's English text in the Interlinear is excellent, in contemporary English, and based on Scrivener's reconstructed TR (published by Trinitarian Bible Society, JohnUK), for those who object to the NKJV. It is not missing any verses, unlike the NASB, ESV, et al.

The Erasmus argument is spurious, BTW. Green notes three verses added by Erasmus, and points them out.

23

News Item7/14/09 9:30 PM
Faithful Remnant  Find all comments by Faithful Remnant
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Any acceptable Bible has to be in contemporary English, which of course is the view of most Fundamentalists.
I have a different proposition: Revive interest in speaking the more precise and accurate English of days gone by..aka..something equivalent to AV English, maybe without the thee and thou and a few other things, but then again those are there for a reason that can be found in the original languages of the Scriptures. However, with a little time and study the KJV can be easy to understand.
22

News Item7/14/09 8:01 PM
Biblicist  Find all comments by Biblicist
kenny wrote:
Jim,
That last post is so terribly misguided and full of half-(non) truths that I wouldn't know where to begin! You have to be trying to yank our collective chain.
No wonder that Tony What's-His-Name guy thinks your a closet Jesuit, Jim.
Yep. Jim's on a mission.
21

News Item7/14/09 7:57 PM
kenny  Find all comments by kenny
Jim,

That last post is so terribly misguided and full of half-(non) truths that I wouldn't know where to begin! You have to be trying to yank our collective chain.

No wonder that Tony What's-His-Name guy thinks your a closet Jesuit, Jim.

20
There are a total of 39 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown,...
gstexas: "of course this will not stop al sharpton from trying to make this an..."
-18 min 
Scientists Invent Oxygen Particle That If Injected, Allows You...
walsh: "http://www.google.com]]]here"
-1 hrs 
Pope Francis Says Radical Islam Must Be Stopped
rodney k. from tennessee: "it looks like satan's kingdom is divided against itself."
-1 hrs 


God Renews Covenant
Richard Warmack
Made Nigh By The Blood, Pt 2

Studies In Ephesians
Sunday School
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Dr. Kenny Rhodes
drkennyrhodes

11. Philosophical Apologetics
Reason For Hope Ministries
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
America Revival Or Ruin

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Staff Pick!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
How To Have A Quiet Time

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Prayer Meeting
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Event: Sep 18-19, 2014
Counsel the Word Conference

Sufficiency of Scripture
Conference
Southern Seminary

Event: Feb 19-21, 2015
2015 Ligonier National Conference

After Darkness, Light
Conference
Ligonier Ministries

Sermon: Christian Respect The Uniform!
Robert Rubino






                   
Truth must be spoken, however it be taken. ... John Trapp

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.