members, click to sign in..

3,886 active users!!Bandwidth
FRIDAY
APR 18, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -15 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
FRIDAY, APRIL 18, 2014 | TIPS Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
COVER Page ALL News CHOICE VIDEOS User COMMENTS
WEDNESDAY, JUL 8, 2009| 14 comments
Christians asked to ‘repent’ of climate change sins
The Methodist Church is urging Christians to repent of the sins that contribute to climate change.

A report received by the annual Methodist Conference in Wolverhampton today encouraged people to acknowledge their complicity in systems that exploit creation and prey on the powerless.

It comes after the spotlight was turned last week on the Church of England’s investments by which it seeks to profit from companies contributing to climate change and destroying people's livelihoods


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.ekklesia.co.uk

   03/22/14  |  Lessons From Vision Forum's Scandal • 19 comments
   02/12/14  |  7 Warning Signs of Affairs for Pastors and Other Church Staff • 7 comments
   01/09/14  |  CNN Poll Reveals America's Most Agreed Upon Sin • 26 comments
   12/23/13  |  Bible Belt Has Most Sinners, Research Suggests • 8 comments
   11/14/13  |  Obamacare Promoting Sinful Behavior • 28 comments
MORE RELATED ( SIN ) NEWS | MORE..
   04/16/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.2 for Android Mobile Devices • 48 comments
   04/16/14  |  As Titanic sank, he pleaded, 'believe in the Lord Jesus!' • 9 comments
   04/13/14  |  Feminists Go Bonkers Over Kirsten Dunst’s One, Simple Comment • 39 comments
   04/13/14  |  U2's Bono Opens Up About Jesus, God And Praying With His Kids • 11 comments
   04/09/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: Kindle Fire + Nook Tablet Version 2.2! • 11 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
   07/27/13  |  3 Dead When Bus Carrying Teens Crashes in Indiana • 34 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   04/18/14  |  Clemson football accused of pushing Christianity • 11 comments
   04/18/14  |  Fox News Poll: Many voters say Obama lies to the country on... • 2 comments
   04/18/14  |  Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’ • 8 comments
   04/18/14  |  Muslim violence surges for Easter week
   04/18/14  |  Gardasil: Greatest Medical Scandal of All Time • 4 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 14 user comment(s)
News Item7/11/09 3:14 AM
San Jose John | San Jose, CA  Find all comments by San Jose John
Behold, the modern temperance movement!

Don't smoke.
Don't drink.
Don't emit carbon.

14

News Item7/9/09 2:28 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Fuzzy Logic, there is no "Double Predestination".

Ezekiel 18:23
23 Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked? saith the Lord Jehovah; and not rather that he should return from his way, and live?

Gil Rugh wrote:
Some Calvinists believe that God not only elected some for salvation but that He also elected some to spend eternity in hell. This is known as “double predestination.” I do not believe the Bible supports this idea. The Bible clearly teaches that God sovereignly chooses some for salvation. It does not state, however, that He chooses or predestines anyone to hell. People go to hell because they are sinners. God did not have to do anything to send sinners to hell, but He did intervene that some might be saved. I do not believe that you can find biblical support for double predestination.
from, Calvinism & Arminianism
13

News Item7/9/09 8:48 AM
fuzzy logic | hot spot  Find all comments by fuzzy logic
Healing the sick refers to SIN.

HOPE refers to final redemption as an ACT.

Liberty from an "addiction" is the result from redemption.

I stand by my comment.
- - -

Now go the other way--can a person be healed physically, have hope that others be healed, and be delivered from an "addiction" WITHOUT being redeemed?

I SAY, CATEGORICALLY, YES YES YES.

Otherwise, Benny Hinn is a true healer, Barry "no birth certificate" Soetero is our hope, and x-trian psychotherapy works.

I DISAGREE STRONGLY!

12

News Item7/8/09 8:55 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
fuzzy logic wrote:
---
Christianity is NOT A CAUSE. It is NOT a means to HEAL, to promise HOPE, or to help someone Un-ADDICT themselves. IT IS REDEMPTION!
Redemption yes, fuzzy, but also about

HEALing
Luke 9:2
"And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick."

HOPE
1 Peter 3:15
"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

liberty for the sin ADDICT
Romans 8:21
"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God."

11

News Item7/8/09 8:31 PM
fuzzy logic | lab  Find all comments by fuzzy logic
Very comforting post, Max.

Let's see what someone else has to say about it who is, ohhh, about 230 miles away from you.
- - -
SA posted an article about the 10 largest mega-churches in the US a while ago.

Question: Are these churches Arminian or Calvinistic? I say the former (and it is obvious to me why).

Biblical Christianity is NOT A MASS MOVEMENT. Never was, never will be. Maybe some of you older ones should re-read Eric Hoffer's, The True Believer to gain insight into the mind of the lonely, bored, disillusioned man willing to commit to a large cause for selfish reasons.

Christianity is NOT A CAUSE. It is NOT a means to HEAL, to promise HOPE, or to help someone Un-ADDICT himself. IT IS REDEMPTION!

10

News Item7/8/09 6:25 PM
Max | London  Find all comments by Max
Fuzzy,

The doctrines of Grace - the doctrine taught by the apostles long before Calvin, Paul said it is Grace we are saved not by works, the doctrines of Grace are not a religion but are core to our faith...

The Methodist's Arminian teachings are a rotten foundation such as the house that was built on sand and not on the rock. Arminianism is a doctrine of works, so it is not built on the Jesus's full atoning sacrifice on the cross. From that point everything begins to bend and crack, hence their ecumenical flirtations with Rome or their leanings toward the enviromental cult.

So once again they should stop trying to be hip and relevant, stop trying in vain to be acceptable to a fallen world and get with the programme. Maybe if they listened to sound doctrine as much as they are obviously listening to the propaganda of the enviromental movement, they may come to a place of humility and accept we are sinners saved by grace alone.

9

News Item7/8/09 5:19 PM
fuzzy logic | lab  Find all comments by fuzzy logic
Max wrote:
Maybe they should start by repenting for their notion of obtaining holiness here on earth...
Or their Arminian theology,...
Here we go again...another 100+ posts.

Look. Calvinism is NOT a religion. The DOCTRINES OF GRACE were in RESPONSE to the followers of Arminius. And a good thing too.

It is NOT contradictory that God elects some and damns others. As a fallible human being, I have NO CLUE who God saves and who He predestined for damnation. That is NONE OF MY BUSINESS!

I can't market Calvinism nor Amillenialism nor KJVO-ism. Truth is given FREELYto those who seek it and those who try to charge people with "tithing" for instance are NOT TRUE CHRISTIANS!

It took me over 5 years to come to grips with God's TRUTH--all before I had internet.

It is not easy! If it were (like making a "decision for Christ") would God be WORTHY of worship? Would the death and resurrection be necessary?

Why didn't God (Jesus) start AGAIN after Adam and Eve's fall?

8

News Item7/8/09 2:47 PM
Max | London  Find all comments by Max
Maybe they should start by repenting for their notion of obtaining holiness here on earth...

Or their Arminian theology, or their ecumenical flirtations with Rome and the churches together movement.

They blow with the wind along with the political zeitgeist of the day.

Wesley was in error is it such a surprise then his legacy is in error!

7

News Item7/8/09 2:30 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Wake Up, in Australia, oh so very true, The United Methodist Church has a lot more to repent than climate change. United Methodists at the End of the Mainline.

Ah, and on climate change,

Biden Curve wrote:
f carbon is really destroying the planet, why in the world would it be desirable for developing countries to "catch up"? "Climate change" here appears a convenient pretext for reviving socialist ideas that have been economically discredited--although somehow we have a feeling Al Gore would somehow manage to stay rich even under a regime of class warmfare.
excerpt from The Biden Curve
6

News Item7/8/09 10:59 AM
Hidemi Williges | san francisco, ca  Find all comments by Hidemi  Williges
Mike wrote:
Climate change happened before there were automobiles and coal burning electrical generating power plants. It's perfectly normal. When will these ignorant head-nodders wake up?
So very true.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

5

News Item7/8/09 10:41 AM
Posteth  Find all comments by Posteth
"“We cannot expect the Government to take the issue seriously if we fail to do so ourselves and this report outlines some big changes for the Church.”"

There you are folks the solution to politicians doing the right thing is for the "church"(?) to be just as daft as they are.

Weather change has been perceptively going on for centuries. God did not create a planet which will run out of space and time BEFORE He is finished the purpose and work of God.

Liberalism equates to complete ignorance as can be seen in this Methodist organisation.

4

News Item7/8/09 10:02 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
Climate change happened before there were automobiles and coal burning electrical generating power plants. It's perfectly normal. When will these ignorant head-nodders wake up?
3

News Item7/8/09 9:54 AM
fuzzy logic | hot spot  Find all comments by fuzzy logic
Climate change equals weather.

Does not this governmental organization masquerading as a church know that global temperature is going down?

- - -

If I am wrong, I apologize, miss gaia, for eating 39 cent tacos at Taco Bell. The "gas" I produce is a shameful byproduct of my indulgence to cheap, fast-food-like substance. No more milk shakes with growth hormones. No more fried eggs with spam. (Shame on Dr. Seuss for encouraging green eggs and ham! These Satanist preachers should help BAN BOOKS by Dr. Seuss).

I'm a scared little child in need of spiritual fathers! Help me, O-BE-ONE, help me defeat and strike down those evil weather-changing mongers called PEOPLE!

2

News Item7/8/09 9:37 AM
Wake up | Aust  Find all comments by Wake up
I have cows that God has made, the gas they and I produce is sin??
The New Methodist Church need to repent and Beleive God's Word!
1
There are a total of 14 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Clemson football accused of pushing Christianity
lurker: " ikemike mik help, it never states anywhere in those verses you spouted..."
-14 min 11 
Is the Name “Easter” of Pagan Origin?
penned: "thanks sf, been having sporadic internet. rk, you make an excellent..."
-38 min 38 
Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
gstexas: "the message from the freedom from religion foundation that’s now mounted..."
-41 min 


The Briefing 04-18-14

Andrew Quigley
Why And How To Keep On Going!

'One Off Sermons'
Sunday - PM
Airdrie Reformed Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Noel Bhatti
What Would Judas Do?

Passion Week 2014
First International Bible
Play! | MP3

Rev. Rodney Kleyn
Weep Not for Me but Yourselves

Covenant Of Grace Protestant
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
The Price Of Calvary

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Pastor James Mansfield
The Cross of Christ

Bethel Baptist Chapel
Sunday - PM
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon: Christ Centered Evangelism 3
Evangelist Ed Lacy






                   
Souls in heaven are more holy but not more secure. ... Robert Murray McCheyne
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials New!
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.