members, click to sign in..

5,151 active users!!Bandwidth
FRIDAY
AUG 29, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -26 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  8/29/2014
SATURDAY, JUN 6, 2009  |  18 comments  |  1 commentary
Kirby: FIRK Church: Losing my religion
Today, I invite you to consider becoming a member of the Fundamental Institution of Religious Kirb, also known as the FIRKs. It's a new faith. In fact, I just started it five minutes ago.

I'm not the only one doing this. New religions are popping up all the time. Most are knock-offs of existing faiths, splinter groups, or variations on a theme. It's hard to come up with something completely different.

You probably have a lot of questions about FIRKism. I do, too. Like most fledgling faiths, we're still figuring things out. Some stuff we already know. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.sltrib.com

|  FOCUS  |  Audio commentaries on this news item | more..
Creating My Own Religion • 170+
Trevor Hammack | Victory Baptist Church
Play! | RSS

   08/16/14  |  Richard Dawkins: Churchgoers enable fundamentalists by being... • 5 comments
   06/11/14  |  Islam second largest religion in twenty states • 60 comments
   02/07/14  |  Southern States Dominate Top 10 Most Religious States, New... • 102 comments
   12/30/13  |  Almost five million Australians says they have no religious... • 13 comments
   12/17/13  |  Florida 5th Grader's Speech on Religious Wars, Golden Rule... • 2 comments
MORE RELATED ( RELIGION ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/20/14  |  Legal-Courts Same-sex 'marriage' freight train derailed in Tenn. • 2 comments
   08/18/14  |  Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it • 38 comments
   08/17/14  |  Creation Museum breaks ground on Noah's Ark project • 10 comments
   08/15/14  |  More Unmarried New Moms Cohabiting • 11 comments
   08/12/14  |  5-Year-Old Christian Boy Cut in Half by ISIS Terrorists • 17 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 18 user comment(s)
News Item6/9/09 6:13 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Candle Lit wrote:
Bruce, I rejoice in your testimony. Glad to hear of God's work in your life.
Please ignore some of the postings today with my moniker. Someone STOLE my moniker and posted as me. You wouldn't think that would happen on a Christian website, now would you? Who can you trust, if you can't trust "professing" christians?
There are many to beware of on this site
Candle Lit

Even a turnip like me recognised straight away that someone had stolen your moniker and was posting utter rubbish, so I guess everyone else also noticed that.

It is devilish, and designed to antagonise the true children of God, and set them against each other. Thankfully the Lord is well aware of infiltrators and will deal with them in his own special way, so we can trust him implicitly. Maybe he will even grant them repentance which leads to life eternal.

In the meantime, ignore them, for they are not worth a minute of our time. Focus on those here who are your brothers and sisters in Christ, and enjoy your inheritance in the communion of saints, the royal priesthood, for we shall judge the world with Christ.

Praise God he uses means to improve and sanctify us more and more.

18

News Item6/9/09 5:20 AM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Candle Lit wrote:
Please ignore some of the postings today with my moniker. Someone STOLE my moniker and posted as me. You wouldn't think that would happen on a Christian website, now would you? Who can you trust, if you can't trust "professing" christians?
There are many to beware of on this site
The same thing happened to me earlier this year when someone stole my moniker. You best do what I did and add the country that you reside in to your moniker.
17

News Item6/8/09 6:28 PM
Candle Lit  Find all comments by Candle Lit
Bruce Lantto wrote:
John in Wales,YES,YES,YES,YES. CHRIST is in me, and i have that blessed HOPE which is CHRIST JESUS. To the others who responded. i am confused are you trying to take away the Salvation that is of the LORD Jonah 2:9.i have the blessed assurance that JESUS knows my name.John 10:27-30, i do follow HIM.What more can be said,i follow CHRIST and CHRIST leads me. i ask one thing of any who answer this post with Romans 8:38-39 as my final answer. i am SAVED AND SEALED BY THE HOLY GHOST Ephesians 1:13 and Ephesians 4:30. Wherefore HE IS ABLE to save THEM to the uttermost that come to GOD by HIM and i believe GOD 1 Thess 5:24, Hebrews 10:23. IN CHRIST bruce lantto
Bruce, I rejoice in your testimony. Glad to hear of God's work in your life.

Please ignore some of the postings today with my moniker. Someone STOLE my moniker and posted as me. You wouldn't think that would happen on a Christian website, now would you? Who can you trust, if you can't trust "professing" christians?

There are many to beware of on this site

16

News Item6/8/09 6:16 PM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
Bruce Lantto wrote:
John in Wales,YES,YES,YES,YES. CHRIST is in me, and i have that blessed HOPE which is CHRIST JESUS. To the others who responded. i am confused are you trying to take away the Salvation that is of the LORD Jonah 2:9.i have the blessed assurance that JESUS knows my name.John 10:27-30, i do follow HIM.What more can be said,i follow CHRIST and CHRIST leads me. i ask one thing of any who answer this post with Romans 8:38-39 as my final answer. i am SAVED AND SEALED BY THE HOLY GHOST Ephesians 1:13 and Ephesians 4:30. Wherefore HE IS ABLE to save THEM to the uttermost that come to GOD by HIM and i believe GOD 1 Thess 5:24, Hebrews 10:23. IN CHRIST bruce lantto
That's excellent Bruce

And I appreciate all the scriptures you quoted. You've got it bro, a true salvation from the True Vine, Jesus Christ.

Don't be fazed by all the hypermen on these boards. If you so much as pray, or repent of sin, or believe on Christ, they will accuse you of trying to take some of the glory away from God. They're a bit like those Pharisees in the Bible who said to the man Jesus healed from blindness, "Give God the glory!" As if he wasn't giving God glory in his healing.

15

News Item6/8/09 5:42 PM
Bruce Lantto | Harrisville, Michigan  Contact via emailFind all comments by Bruce Lantto
John in Wales,YES,YES,YES,YES. CHRIST is in me, and i have that blessed HOPE which is CHRIST JESUS. To the others who responded. i am confused are you trying to take away the Salvation that is of the LORD Jonah 2:9.i have the blessed assurance that JESUS knows my name.John 10:27-30, i do follow HIM.What more can be said,i follow CHRIST and CHRIST leads me. i ask one thing of any who answer this post with Romans 8:38-39 as my final answer. i am SAVED AND SEALED BY THE HOLY GHOST Ephesians 1:13 and Ephesians 4:30. Wherefore HE IS ABLE to save THEM to the uttermost that come to GOD by HIM and i believe GOD 1 Thess 5:24, Hebrews 10:23. IN CHRIST bruce lantto
14

News Item6/7/09 4:41 PM
Guinness  Find all comments by Guinness
Bruce,

Thank you for responding and expanding your comment.

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".

13

News Item6/7/09 7:58 AM
John UK | Wales  Find all comments by John UK
bruce w. lantto wrote:
First of all let me ask this question of my brothers who responded to what i wrote.Is there such a thing as Eternal security? I believe there is according to Paul there is, Romans 10:9-13,according to Jesus there is,John 10:28,and according the apostle John,there is 1John 5:11-13. So on May 11,1987, i bowed down on my knees, recognized that i was a sinner, confessed my sins, repented of them, and asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me from my sins. i did notdo this because i wanted to escape from Hell, i did this because i was a wicked vile sinner and i offended a HOLY and RIGHTEOUS GOD.........
Hi Bruce
I am interested in your testimony, as it sounds as though you were a recipient of conviction of sin - by the Holy Ghost - and responded accordingly, thus repenting of sin and asking the Lord Jesus to save your soul. You acknowledged that he was without, and asked him to come within - "Christ in you, the hope of glory."

So what happened then? Did you know that Christ was now within you? Did you experience the change of heart which he brings? Did the Spirit seal you and convince you that all was now well with your soul?

With me, there's no need to answer theologically, just how it was, okay?

12

News Item6/7/09 7:49 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
fuzzy logic wrote:
"...recognized that i was a sinner, confessed my sins, repented of them, and asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me from my sins."
* * Why would Jesus "come into" a deceitful and a desperately wicked place? Who taught you this?
- - -
"...i finally became secure in my faith."
* * Your faith? ? ? It is the work and Faith OF GOD (or the conviction in your intellect or mind and in your emotions that the person of Jesus Christ is THE Messiah and that He died for HIS ELECT ONLY because ALL MEN are sinners and HIS Work (obedience unto death) on the Cross and His glorious defeat of the Enemy (sin, death, Satan) once and for all satisfies the penalty for Sin.)
You had nothing to do with it! God calls and draws those whom He has predestinated and ONLY those whom He has chosen to be One with Him.
- - -
"...i am closer to GOD than i have ever been in the last 22 years."
Based on what? Reading theology? Some 'man' says you are doing good? Closeness means nearness means having to "suffer" (or endure) the everyday despising of those (even those who call themselves christian) who HATE righteousness and who especially abhor "submitting" to a Holy God with Holy standards
Aloe Vera may help that tefillin irritation, fuzzy.
11

News Item6/7/09 12:18 AM
Frank Dombrosky | Texas  Find all comments by Frank Dombrosky
Friends, let me see if this can all be made less complicated. The Bible says that if a person is saved he/she is "in Christ". You are not sort of in, you are "in". That says it all. You can fuss and argue forever about things like election, free-will, this or that denomination, etc. The question is: are you "in Christ"? There is nothing complicated about the gospel even though some, in their pride and arrogance, seem to prefer it that way. Paul spoke of "the simplicity that is in Christ". God made it that way on purpose because He "so loved the world". I'm glad about that.
10

News Item6/6/09 10:17 PM
fuzzy logic | cafe  Find all comments by fuzzy logic
"...recognized that i was a sinner, confessed my sins, repented of them, and asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me from my sins."

* * Why would Jesus "come into" a deceitful and a desperately wicked place? Who taught you this?

- - -

"...i finally became secure in my faith."

* * Your faith? ? ? It is the work and Faith OF GOD (or the conviction in your intellect or mind and in your emotions that the person of Jesus Christ is THE Messiah and that He died for HIS ELECT ONLY because ALL MEN are sinners and HIS Work (obedience unto death) on the Cross and His glorious defeat of the Enemy (sin, death, Satan) once and for all satisfies the penalty for Sin.)

You had nothing to do with it! God calls and draws those whom He has predestinated and ONLY those whom He has chosen to be One with Him.

- - -

"...i am closer to GOD than i have ever been in the last 22 years."

Based on what? Reading theology? Some 'man' says you are doing good? Closeness means nearness means having to "suffer" (or endure) the everyday despising of those (even those who call themselves christian) who HATE righteousness and who especially abhor "submitting" to a Holy God with Holy standards--His own Son.

9

News Item6/6/09 8:01 PM
bruce w. lantto | Harrisville, Michigan  Contact via emailFind all comments by bruce w. lantto
First of all let me ask this question of my brothers who responded to what i wrote.Is there such a thing as Eternal security? I believe there is according to Paul there is, Romans 10:9-13,according to Jesus there is,John 10:28,and according the apostle John,there is 1John 5:11-13. So on May 11,1987, i bowed down on my knees, recognized that i was a sinner, confessed my sins, repented of them, and asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me from my sins. i did notdo this because i wanted to escape from Hell, i did this because i was a wicked vile sinner and i offended a HOLY and RIGHTEOUS GOD. i lived an up and down life, i never really understood the Holiness of GOD until i searched the scriptures looking for the names of GOD and i found out how i have offended HIM with my life as a professing christian and like i said this past year i finally became secure in my faith. i understood through brother Terry Coomer and Reformers Unanimous what my life was to become if i wanted to stay FIRM on the ROCK WHICH IS CHRIST, and Praise GOD i am doing just that i am closer to GOD than i have ever been in the last 22 years.i can't think of anything i have left out, if there is please show it to me, because i am not offended. for according Psalms 119:165, i have peace with GOD
8

News Item6/6/09 5:38 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
John Yurich USA wrote:
I learned the way of salvation from watching Billy Graham Crusades where salvation comes by praying to Jesus to become ones Savior.
John Yurich USA
There is one thing you most certainly did NOT learn from the popular Billy Graham about salvation, that is holiness, separation from false religion. Not learning that will cost you most dearly because Christians are to be holy unto God because God is Holy, even if He has not been treated as such by famous religious celebrities.
7

News Item6/6/09 5:16 PM
John Yurich USA | USA  Find all comments by John Yurich USA
Candle Lit wrote:
No disrespect to Bruce, but I've heard a version of this so many times. It seems to be especially prevalent in the Baptist denomination. That may be because when you are 12 years old, you reach the "age of accountability." That is the age that you become accountable for your sins and your eternal destiny. Until that age, if one dies, they are considered "saved." Although every Baptist church may not hold to this view, those in the South, do.
So, at 12 yrs. old, you are encouraged to walk the aisle and kneel down and prayer earnestly for salvation. Then, everyone rejoices that you are now "saved." The final step is baptism by immersion. That's it! You are saved!
After that, if you indulge in sin - you are called a "backslider." You are still "saved" based on church teaching, "once saved, always saved."
The date of walking the aisle and baptism by immersion is firmly held as testimony of salvation, regardless of the way one lives or how one dies.
The goal of salvation seems to be to escape hell, rather than to glorify God by living a godly life. That is the problem!
I learned the way of salvation from watching Billy Graham Crusades where salvation comes by praying to Jesus to become ones Savior.
6

News Item6/6/09 3:56 PM
Candle Lit  Find all comments by Candle Lit
Guinness wrote:
Bruce,
I must respectfully ask, in the light of your testimony of this past year, how can you say you were saved on May 11th 1987?
No disrespect to Bruce, but I've heard a version of this so many times. It seems to be especially prevalent in the Baptist denomination. That may be because when you are 12 years old, you reach the "age of accountability." That is the age that you become accountable for your sins and your eternal destiny. Until that age, if one dies, they are considered "saved." Although every Baptist church may not hold to this view, those in the South, do.

So, at 12 yrs. old, you are encouraged to walk the aisle and kneel down and prayer earnestly for salvation. Then, everyone rejoices that you are now "saved." The final step is baptism by immersion. That's it! You are saved!

After that, if you indulge in sin - you are called a "backslider." You are still "saved" based on church teaching, "once saved, always saved."

The date of walking the aisle and baptism by immersion is firmly held as testimony of salvation, regardless of the way one lives or how one dies.

The goal of salvation seems to be to escape hell, rather than to glorify God by living a godly life. That is the problem!

5

News Item6/6/09 3:15 PM
Guinness  Find all comments by Guinness
Bruce Lantto wrote:
I was saved on May 11,1987 ....
Just this past year .... and everything changed in me, ..... but I am now a blood bought, blood washed believer on Jesus Christ and now I can say that Habakkuk 2:4 the just shall live by his faith, whose faith Galatians 2:20 explains it all, his faith JESUS CHRIST, not [i] but JESUS.
Bruce,
I must respectfully ask, in the light of your testimony of this past year, how can you say you were saved on May 11th 1987?
4

News Item6/6/09 2:21 PM
Bruce Lantto | Harrisville, Michigan  Contact via emailFind all comments by Bruce Lantto
I have been a professing Christian{born again} for 22 years. I was saved on May 11,1987, and my religion was Baptist.It is a religion when all you can see or say that I am a Baptist and I don't believe this and I don't believe that,and I would never do that. But when your life is lived at times contrary to the Scriptures all you have is a religion.Just this past year our church has opened up our doors to Reformers Unanimous and also Dr. Terry Coomer came to speak about the Family at our church and everything changed in me, for my religion[Baptist]now is baptist, but I am now a blood bought, blood washed believer on Jesus Christ and now I can say that Habakkuk 2:4 the just shall live by his faith, whose faith Galatians 2:20 explains it all, his faith JESUS CHRIST, not [i] but JESUS. i can't live this faith by myself, BUT HE CAN. So yes, throw away your religion and come have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. He is the only one who can help you through this life. Yours in CHRIST, bruce w. lantto
3

News Item6/6/09 12:17 PM
San Jose John | San Jose, CA  Find all comments by San Jose John
More mat rat (material rationalist) drivel from yet another person presuming that exclusive transcendant elements (including "faith") are absurd, and then trying to illustrate this presumed absurdity by being absurd himself.

Back in the 1980s there was a group called "Church of the Sub-Genius" (a.k.a. Bob Dobbs) which tried this same kind of parody.

These people are really starting to bore me with their obvious lack of creativity and mental depth.

2

News Item6/6/09 9:24 AM
born to see  Find all comments by born to see
"....Fundamental Institution of Religious Kirb, also known as the FIRKs. It's a new faith. In fact, I just started it five minutes ago."

1. New religion - NOT faith.
2. There is only ONE faith in existence.
3. Faith is something which comes from GOD.
4. Faith does not come from mortals.
5. Religion is what man invents.
6. There are ONLY two religions on earth one GOD ordained, one man invents.
7. Where man invents any part of religion is where he parts company from GOD.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - This being the 'evidence' of what he cannot see, man is not even aware of what he cannot see. Man cannot create this even in his wretched heart or mind. But he will try? And fail!

1
There are a total of 18 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Florida school district replaces football chaplains with "life...
dorcas from usa: "good for you chris in not going to an idolatrous, blasphemous..."
-6 min 13 
Michael Brown confessed Jesus as his Saviour in weeks before...
ladybug: "michael, well said...amen! sola scriptura is foreign to those who..."
-25 min 132 
Federal judge decrminalizes polygamy
s.taylor from mid-west: "the other shoe is beginning to drop."
-36 min 


Christ's Banqueting House
Rev. Joel Pankratz
Repent or Perish!

Christian Doctrine
Sunday - AM
Salem Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Christ Our Peace, Pt 1
Richard Warmack

Store Item
Hurting in Hope Audio Book

Alan Lester
Product: Audio Download
Free!

E. A. Johnston
When Days On Earth Are Ended

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
The Savior of Sinners

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Voddie Baucham on Puritan Hard Drive

"Simply ast­on­ish­ing. Amaz­ing tool. I have enj­oyed my Pur­itan Hard Drive imm­ens­ely."
www.puritandownloads.com/dr..

Sponsor:
Emergency Food USA

Great tast­ing, healthy, GMO free emerg­ency food. Long term food and water stor­age.
www.emergencyfoodusa.com

Sermon: Perfect Law, Imperfect People
Robert Rubino






                   
I would hate my own soul if I did not find it loving God. ... Augustine

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.