members, click to sign in..
 
SITE NOTICE | MORE..
Bible Readings in App. You can now listen to the reading of the Bible using our iPhone or Android Apps. Simply go to the Sermons by Bible section and you'll see the new "Bible Audio" item with any Book and Chapter. Enjoy!
 

6,120 active users!!Bandwidth
SUNDAY
MAY 24, 2015
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -5 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | 8 Days Left!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

Breaking News Home | All | Religion | Society | Tech | Choice | SA News
FRONT PAGE  |  5/24/2015
SATURDAY, JAN 5, 2008  |  30 comments
US 'doomed' if creationist president elected: scientists
A day after ordained Baptist minister Mike Huckabee finished first in the opening round to choose a Republican candidate for the White House, scientists warned Americans against electing a leader who doubts evolution.

"The logic that convinces us that evolution is a fact is the same logic we use to say smoking is hazardous to your health or we have serious energy policy issues because of global warming," University of Michigan professor Gilbert Omenn told reporters at the launch of a book on evolution by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS).

"I would worry that a president who didn't believe in the evolution arguments wouldn't believe in those other arguments either. This is a way of leading our country to ruin," added Omenn, who was part of a panel of experts at the launch of "Science, Evolution and Creationism." ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.turkishpress.com

Was Darwin Right? Part 2
  START  
  Recommended sermons | more..
•  Genesis: Reclaiming Culture • Ken Ham | 5/22/2003
•  Was Darwin Right? Part 2Dr. Terry Mortenson | 1/16/2009
•  Six Creation Days: Rejected • Ken Ham | 11/27/2009
•  Answers Academy: Big BangJason Lisle | 6/1/2005

   03/14/15  |  Another One Bites the Dust • 2 comments
   03/11/15  |  God Doesn't Want Matt Chandler to be Your Pastor • 18 comments
   01/08/14  |  Christian Post: Warning, this article may offend many Christians • 93 comments
   01/01/14  |  Michelle Obama praises lesbian TV anchor • 17 comments
   12/29/13  |  U.S. Slams 'Conservative Gender Norms' • 377 comments
MORE RELATED ( ) NEWS | MORE..
   05/23/15  |  Louisiana Lawmakers Reject Religious Freedom Bill, Governor... • 2 comments
   05/22/15  |  John Glenn Says Evolution Should Be Taught in Schools; Affirms... • 14 comments
   05/20/15  |  Ashers manager: 'We don't think we've done anything wrong' • 7 comments
   05/19/15  |  Kids perform better at schools that ban phones, study says • 4 comments
   05/19/15  |  700 Kenyan Evangelical Pastors Urge Obama Not to 'Preach' Gay... • 7 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   05/24/15  |  Democrats call for 'flood' of Muslims to U.S. • 4 comments
   05/24/15  |  Pastor Stands Against the Homosexual Agenda • 1 comments
   05/24/15  |  United Methodists: Practicing Homosexuality Doesn't Contradict... • 6 comments
   05/24/15  |  Irish voters back gay marriage in 'social revolution' • 7 comments
   05/24/15  |  Charter school apologizes for censoring Bible verse in homework
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..
COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 30 user comment(s)
News Item1/19/08 7:23 PM
TB | Canada  Find all comments by TB
US doomed.
30

News Item1/17/08 8:22 PM
Mic | Kyoto, Japan  Contact via emailFind all comments by Mic
Ben Hayes wrote:
Can a "professor" be that ignorant!? If he is so covinced of the evolutionist lie, hammer it down the throats of his own family, but do not expect people who do not have apes as ancestors to embrace the lie of evolution. If he is that sure of his doctrine, why not invite kent Hovind or Dr Veith from South Africa for a public debate?
Ben Hayes
Is Kent Hovind out of jail yet? He was sent to prison for neglecting/rejecting some of his taxes, and I always liked his debates.
before he got in trouble with the tax agencies.
29

News Item1/17/08 10:04 AM
R. K. Borill | Baton Rouge, Louisiana  Protected NameFind all comments by R. K. Borill
Barry Manillow wrote:
The scientist have it backwards; they are the ones who are doomed for rejecting God's truth. I also believe we are commanded to fight the beast as the beast is islam. Just put "islam beast" into google and see what you come up with. The beast is not the catholic church although it is a corrupt church. Y'all have a nice day.
Barry,

Islam is the false prophet (Remember Mahommet??). The Beast is the RCC. See Rev. 13, and 16 The Roman Empire did not die, it persists as one of the most covert tyrannical and powerful governments of the world. Why do you think that Rome is pushing illegal immigrants across the border from RC Mexico to dilute out what little remains of the protestant vote in the US? Rome can not allow the covert Muslim - Obahma to become president. It will insure that one of the other RCC favorites will win the US Presidency. It has several in the mix to insure an RCC victory, but keep your eye on Huckaby.

28

News Item1/14/08 6:02 PM
Susan Miller | West Palm Beach, FL  Find all comments by Susan Miller
Christianity Aiding the Development of Science

"The Genesis account of creation shows God creating a world that is good, thus it is worthy of man's study. Manual labor to study the world is not degrading (Clark, p.21). For the Christian, and especially in the Puritan work ethic, science was an attractive vocation. It's goal was to give glory to God. (Deason, p.171,172) The Royal Society in England was largely begun by Puritans (Clark, p.16,22). In other religions, the puny goods might be envious if man came to understand nature..."

www.grisda.org/bclausen/papers/aid.htm

The heavens declare the glory of God - harmony between the Bible and science...

www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.htm

Author and outspoken evolutionist, Sir Arthur Keith said, "Evolution is unproven and unprovable. We believe it because the alternative is special creation, which is unthinkable." Pretty much says it all.

27

News Item1/14/08 7:38 AM
Ben Hayes | South Africa  Contact via emailFind all comments by Ben Hayes
Can a "professor" be that ignorant!? If he is so covinced of the evolutionist lie, hammer it down the throats of his own family, but do not expect people who do not have apes as ancestors to embrace the lie of evolution. If he is that sure of his doctrine, why not invite kent Hovind or Dr Veith from South Africa for a public debate?

Ben Hayes

26

News Item1/13/08 1:54 PM
Saint terry evans | miramar beach fl  Contact via emailFind all comments by Saint terry evans
R. K. Borill wrote:
St. Terry,
I figured that. Have a nice day brother.
I didn't, but then I didn't know you were also, but you told me in one of our first disscusions.
Pastor Doc, never did, saw it on someones comment.
Makes me wonder

thanks randy

25

News Item1/13/08 1:44 PM
R. K. Borill | Baton Rouge, Louisiana  Protected NameFind all comments by R. K. Borill
Saint terry evans wrote:
Hi Barry
You may write the songs, but you fall a little short on this comment
The beast is not the catholic church
Allthough true, she is the whore sitting
on top of the beast
Revelation 17
3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns
Read Rev 17 and 18,but
its all through the Bible
The Bible says
Let them with ears,(thought that was stange, everyone has ears)to hear, HEAR
RANDY
Thanks, thats what I meant to say
Pastor Doc?
St. Terry,

I figured that. Have a nice day brother.

24

News Item1/13/08 1:33 PM
Saint terry evans | miramar beach fl  Contact via emailFind all comments by Saint terry evans
Barry Manillow wrote:
The scientist have it backwards; they are the ones who are doomed for rejecting God's truth. I also believe we are commanded to fight the beast as the beast is islam. Just put "islam beast" into google and see what you come up with. The beast is not the catholic church although it is a corrupt church. Y'all have a nice day.
Hi Barry
You may write the songs, but you fall a little short on this comment

The beast is not the catholic church
Allthough true, she is the whore sitting
on top of the beast

Revelation 17
3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
7And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns

Read Rev 17 and 18,but
its all through the Bible
The Bible says
Let them with ears,(thought that was stange, everyone has ears)to hear, HEAR

RANDY
Thanks, thats what I meant to say
Pastor Doc?

23

News Item1/13/08 1:29 PM
R. K. Borill | Baton Rouge, Louisiana  Protected NameFind all comments by R. K. Borill
Ryan wrote:
The teleological argument is very useful at times, but proving the complexity of creation may need to be required initially.
I prefer to use the Cosmological argument. It is irrefutable, unless they are not being reasonable. The universe cannot be infinite in age because of the scientific law of entropy. If the universe was infinite in age, that means that the universe must have infinite entropy (chaos/disorder), which is obviously not true.
Ryan,

The Bible alone is the WORD OF GOD.
The scriptural argument is the only argument, and as such it alone is irrefutable. The cosmological and teleological arguments only render men without excuse. They are insufficient to bring men to the knowledge of the truth.

Romans 1

22

News Item1/13/08 12:44 PM
Barry Manillow | Michigan  Find all comments by Barry Manillow
The scientist have it backwards; they are the ones who are doomed for rejecting God's truth. I also believe we are commanded to fight the beast as the beast is islam. Just put "islam beast" into google and see what you come up with. The beast is not the catholic church although it is a corrupt church. Y'all have a nice day.
21

News Item1/13/08 12:18 PM
fuzzy logic | lab  Find all comments by fuzzy logic
Science (so-called) has become specialized to justify mostly corporate business ventures and is also used to promote socio-economic-political policies. Those involved in this kind of scientific propaganda (according to Edward Bernays sp?) purposefully confuse the masses ( disguised as education) in order to subtly make changes to our psyche causing individuals to either not care or essentially submit to the experts.

Theology is no different. We all think we have the right interpretation of the Bible and its verses. That is, until we humbly ask for and work (study) for understanding from the Holy Spirit Himself--not each other and definitely not from the TV preacher.

Peer reviews are the scientist's guiding and approving spirit.

20

News Item1/13/08 12:04 PM
Saint terry evans | miramar beach fl  Contact via emailFind all comments by Saint terry evans
Ryan wrote:
The teleological argument is very useful at times, but proving the complexity of creation may need to be required initially.
I prefer to use the Cosmological argument. It is irrefutable, unless they are not being reasonable. The universe cannot be infinite in age because of the scientific law of entropy. If the universe was infinite in age, that means that the universe must have infinite entropy (chaos/disorder), which is obviously not true.
Hi Ryan
I agree
It is irrefutable, unless they are not being reasonable
God said
Come let us reason together
Ryan, who made it that way, and why does
it stay in order?
You say
I prefer to use the Cosmological argument
The teleological argument is very useful

More than useful, its all you need.

19

News Item1/13/08 10:05 AM
R. K. Borill | Baton Rouge, Louisiana  Protected NameFind all comments by R. K. Borill
Evolution is 90% speculation and extrapolation of data, and 10% bone fishing. They can construct a 4 story dinosaur out of a 1/2" piece of bone, and extrapolate its origin to 4 billion years. But, they can't put OJ in jail with a mountain of DNA evidence. Science is really something to hang your life on, isn't it?
18

News Item1/13/08 9:29 AM
wfbrad | mesa az usa  Find all comments by wfbrad
Good! I think that the USA is the greatest country in the world. But, we could certainly gain by the "scientists" being shut up. They think they know so much, but their wisdom is, in the words of Solomon, vanity. Seeing the evolutionists believing their own mortality is a great thing. Maybe they would finally open their hard hearts to the gospel.
17

News Item1/13/08 8:49 AM
Ryan | Australia  Find all comments by Ryan
The teleological argument is very useful at times, but proving the complexity of creation may need to be required initially.

I prefer to use the Cosmological argument. It is irrefutable, unless they are not being reasonable. The universe cannot be infinite in age because of the scientific law of entropy. If the universe was infinite in age, that means that the universe must have infinite entropy (chaos/disorder), which is obviously not true.

16

News Item1/11/08 3:23 PM
Andrew | Northern Ireland  Find all comments by Andrew
Evolutionists do not believe in any form of teleology, or design. This is of primary importance to the entire theory, and the underlying principles of natural selection.

The teleological argument is false; therefore it ought not to be used in defence of Christianity. If it is our desire to defend the truth then surely we should not use error to do so?

Empirical philosophy is very difficult; certainly the proposition that all knowledge is derived from sense experience is false and has been shown to be false by competing empirical and non-empirical epistemologies. It is quite different, however, to deny a cognitive role to the senses entirely. Doing so has resulted in some interesting extrapolations and manoeuvring, of which I am not yet convinced. Even Gordon Clark, whom, I suppose, has greatly influenced Neil, in constructing his own epistemology upon the axiom of scripture demurred somewhat in explaining how knowledge of the axiom is obtained. Which was why he was constantly asked ‘don’t you have to read your Bible’.

I must therefore suspend judgement on this until I have studied it in greater depth.

15

News Item1/11/08 2:13 PM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
Since secular opponents of ID seem to accept the principle that nature designs itself, they reject teleology out of hand, so I believe it would be of no value in debating them anyhow.

Better to attack their empirical epistemology (shared with IDers), which is illogical, contradictory, & thus easily punctured. Our senses commit perjury all the time, yet that is the basis of secular science!

People often reply that science works, so how can it be false? That distinction is vital to understand - what works is not necessarily true. Think of astrology, the Humoural Theory, or classical mechanics (now superseded by relativity).

14

News Item1/11/08 11:43 AM
Cont. Finney  Find all comments by Cont. Finney
Neil wrote:
I have seen "The Privileged Planet," & the Anthropic Principle which it promotes is an updated form of Aristotle's & Aquinas's Teleological Argument, which is a dead end for Christian apologetics; it only proves (at best) that some designer exists, not the Trinity. The Bible's truth must be presupposed for apologetics to proceed.
And science cannot be unbiased, nor can it yield any truth, but only working hypotheses.
Neil

Agreed that the teleological argument at best cannot advance beyond the existence of some designer. Does that mean that it should not be used, especially against atheists who would not deny a designing principle in the world but who would not accept a designer? It does have some apologetic value, even if limited.

13

News Item1/11/08 11:12 AM
Neil | Tucson  Find all comments by Neil
I have seen "The Privileged Planet," & the Anthropic Principle which it promotes is an updated form of Aristotle's & Aquinas's Teleological Argument, which is a dead end for Christian apologetics; it only proves (at best) that some designer exists, not the Trinity. The Bible's truth must be presupposed for apologetics to proceed.

And science cannot be unbiased, nor can it yield any truth, but only working hypotheses.

12

News Item1/11/08 10:49 AM
Albert Hull | Nova Scotia, Canada  Contact via emailFind all comments by Albert Hull
Reading the remarks made by scientists re/ the danger of electing a President who accepts the Biblical view of Creation versus the Evoluntioary theory I am totally amazed. Is there not a balance, come clean and at least give some well known scientists credit for acknowledging a Designer behind Creation. There is a book written which is worth the reader's attention, " I don't have enough faith to be a athesist" by Norman L. Geisler. Then the eminent British philosopher Anthony Frew who announced to the BBC in an interview that a superintelligence is the only explanation of the origin of life and of the complexity of nature.
Remember there are scientists who accept a Designer behind the innumebale planets, the originator of this "priviledged planet" we live on. Indeed there is a DVD called "The Priviledged Planet" that should be at least shown in every Educational Center. Why there is a total apathy and criticism against those who accept Creationism, reminds one of the German Philosopher who coined the expression "GOD IS DEAD", the one who said this is dead. Have you read about his last ten years?
While we admire exploration and developement in the world of science, true science unbiased will not contradict 6000 years of FACT from the Book that lives, the Bible. A.H.
11
There are a total of 30 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 | last
Last PostTotal
'Cowboy pastor' spreads the gospel by riding a bull in church
brother saint elmer from the kingdom of god: "like fish dinners. why do we need..."
-3 min 32 
Megachurch Pastor Prayerfully Allows Gays Into Leadership
brother saint elected elmer i from the kingdom of god: "prayer pride and answered..."
-9 min 24 
Special Report: SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2015...
good news.: " redeemed debates with 'atheists,' concerts, conferences, books,..."
-15 min 10 



Rev. John Greer
Overcoming Worry & Wickedness

Motto Text for 2002
Sunday - AM
Ballymena Free Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS




Pastor Chalan Hetherington
Lord's Day - Morning Service

Lord's Day Services
Wattisham Strict Baptist...
Play! | MP3

Jon Couch
Look To God: Part 1

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Lost Generation

Evangelism Awakening
Teaching
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
All Christians Must Be Sterilized!

Hindu Leader Decl­ar­es: All Chr­ist­ians Must Be Ster­il­ized To Destroy Their Pop­ul­at­ion!
www.puritandownloads.com/ma..

Sermon: Needed: A God-sent Prophet
E. A. Johnston

SPONSOR | 2,100+

SPONSOR




                   
Keep the truth and the truth will keep you. ... William Bridge

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook New!
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile
Apple Watch New!
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword New!
JSON API New!

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2015 SermonAudio.com.