members, click to sign in..

4,536 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
JUL 24, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -46 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  7/24/2014
WEDNESDAY, JAN 2, 2008  |  138 comments
Family Sees Virgin Mary On Living Room Wall
A New Mexico family is counting its blessings after it discovered an image of the Virgin Mary on their living room wall, reported KOAT-TV in Albuquerque, N.M.

Donna Quintana, of Meadow Lake, N.M., said it's a much-needed blessing that appeared right before her family's eyes Christmas Eve. Her husband saw it first.

"He noticed an image there. He said, 'That looks like an image of the Virgin Mary,'" Quintana said.


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.koat.com

   02/13/14  |  Thousands flock to 'weeping' Mary statue in Israel • 18 comments
   03/18/10  |  Vatican studies visions of Virgin Mary • 7 comments
   03/16/10  |  New Life Pastor Asks Christians to Embrace Speaking in Tongues • 10 comments
   03/09/10  |  Virgin Mary icon 'crying tears of oil' in France • 18 comments
   03/03/10  |  Nail from Christ's crucifixion found? • 29 comments
MORE RELATED ( SIGNS ) NEWS | MORE..
   07/23/14  |  Obamacare Takes Devastating Blow as Appeals Court Throws Out Key... • 14 comments
   07/22/14  |  Christian Holocaust Underway in Iraq • 21 comments
   07/21/14  |  SermonAudio Tip: SermonAudio App v2.5.8 for Android Mobile... • 50 comments
   07/20/14  |  Christians Responsible for Most 'Hateful Internet Speech,' Says... • 111 comments
   07/19/14  |  Family Behind Hobby Lobby Has New Project: Bible Museum • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   07/24/14  |  As More Schools Ban Paddling, Others Defend It • 1 comments
   07/24/14  |  Peter and the Commissar — 50 Years Later • 1 comments
   07/24/14  |  This Guy Recently Revealed Big Plans to Change the Bible • 14 comments
   07/24/14  |  'Their God changes path of rockets in mid-air' • 18 comments
   07/24/14  |  Faith is a ‘virus’, columnist claims • 7 comments
OTHER RECENT NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 138 user comment(s)
News Item1/17/08 2:22 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
Peeker, Mary apparitions and Elvis sightings do have a lot in common! By, the way, when Mike Vlach was at Indian Hills Community Church he had an excellent course on, How We Got Our Bible. Much of the excellent material including information on the Apocrypha can be found in the aforementioned article. Ah, well, Christian and Catholics -- never together!
138

News Item1/17/08 6:46 AM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
savedbygrace Harrisburg, PA
GG too

GG you and I and SBG know the real issue still remains JESUS CHRIST not a "virgin on a wall" not the Apocrapha but CHRIST!

If we are not right on who HE IS and what HE REQUIRES OF US TO BE SAVED than really nothing else matters.

Jesus Himself said,
"Ye must be born again."

This is something we cannot do for ourselves, and something no religious "leader" on earth or even in heaven can do for us either, and it is certainly not something we nor our parents nor Any Church can bring about by having us baptized either by immersion or sprinkling or any other religion ceremony or ritual. Only God Himself can do this in a persons life.

So can we know who Jesus Christ truly is? Yes! God tells us in the Bible.

Can we know how bad we truly are and the judgment our sins deserve? Yes! God tells us in the Bible and Oh! How Jesus warned about hell.

Does God show us that we must come to Him alone to save us from our sins because we cannot, because no church can, because no human being on earth or in heaven can? Certainly! in His Holy Written Word the Bible.

Would we then be in inexcuseable sin against Him if we don't listen to Him, to His word PERSONALLY and believe Him? You've got it we would.

"Ye must be born again"

137

News Item1/17/08 6:21 AM
savedbygrace | Harrisburg, PA  Find all comments by savedbygrace
GG,

What it comes down to with the Roman Cult is simply, they state that the Apocrypha was "supposedly" included along at the end of the Septuagint.
Wow!
I've got my "Saint Joseph Edition of The New American Bible with me, 1970.
Imprimatur-noneother than Patrick Cardinal O'Boyle, D.D. In the back is found The Holy Rosary. I guess I've got a couple of extra pages of Inspired Scripture here because they are found in Rome's Bible! Nonsense. Jesus and the apostles never did the Unholy Rosary nor did they ever quote from the Apocrypha even though it may have been in the Septuagint!!! Oh, yeah, GG. There are more inspired writings found here according to Rome's deceitful, unscholarship-The Stations of the Cross. Absurd!

Lance,
With the Bishop's Committee either translating or approving of such here is some pitiful, amateur translation that one should never trust(same N.A.B).
"A champion named Goliath of Gath came out from the Philistine camp; he was SIX AND A HALF FEET TALL." I Sam. 17:4
(try almost 10 feet)
Must be the same inferior nonscholars that were at The Council of Trent!!!

JOHN 3:36

136

News Item1/16/08 3:09 PM
Peeker  Find all comments by Peeker
Do you suppose there's any link between this and all those Elvis sightings? btw, isn't he some sort of king?
135

News Item1/16/08 2:54 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
preacherjond. wrote:
You prove nothing. The fact that Jesus celebrated Hannakuh has nothing to do with the "deuts". As I said before THESE BOOKS CONTAIN ERRORS, THEREFORE THEY CANNOT BE INSPIRED. They do contain valid historical information like Hannakuh, but they are not inspired and cannot be used for anything else.
You have pointed out one of the important facts about the Basic Differences between Romanism and Bible Christianity
134

News Item1/16/08 12:07 AM
preacherjond.  Find all comments by preacherjond.
GG wrote:
What I just proved was that Christ worshiped God during the festival called the 'Dedication of the Temple' (1&2 Macc), during Hanukkah, which is more important than quoting from them. There is proof that were references from NT back to the Deuterocanonicals...but you won't accept it. And where, according to Sola Scriptura, is the Bible quote that says that "God was silent"? Show it to me! Perhaps he just wasn't talking to you, maybe he was still taling to the Jews!
You prove nothing. The fact that Jesus celebrated Hannakuh has nothing to do with the "deuts". As I said before THESE BOOKS CONTAIN ERRORS, THEREFORE THEY CANNOT BE INSPIRED. They do contain valid historical information like Hannakuh, but they are not inspired and cannot be used for anything else.
133

News Item1/15/08 3:00 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
For people who keep hallucinating, q.v., Mary Worship?--A Study of Catholic Practice and Doctrine, which encourages seeing Mary in cheese sandwiches -- what a waste of sandwich! One has to ask, Mary Who?. Just another reason, Christian and Catholics -- never together!
132

News Item1/15/08 2:32 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
RK, Good point, the RCC has NOT disciplined in accordance to scripture. It had to reach the liberal courts, who in turn, handed out their brand of discipline.
GG: your comment-Most priests are good men- let me remind you what God's word says, "there is none who does good, not even one" Psalm 53:3, "for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23 Again, if you don't obey God's word, from Genesis to Revelation, and follow His commands, you need to repent. BTW, I am not a 'prot' or a 'fundi', I am a follower of Jesus Christ, and a maidservant of the Most High God.
131

News Item1/15/08 2:22 PM
R. K. Borill | Baton Rouge, Louisiana  Protected NameFind all comments by R. K. Borill
GG wrote:
Let me remind you Lyn, what every Fundi knows and broadcasts to the skies, "If it ain't in the Bible...it ain't true". God knows I hear that enough to memorize it.
We have disciplined our guilty priests, many have gone to jail, many have been defrocked and let go. Most priests are good men...as good as yours. The Church is paying (literally) for its folly, but more reform is needed. The Laity will not financially support a Church that harms children, the Heirarchy knows that, and I believe that. What about your own pediphile pastors....think you kids are really safe?
My Soul GG,

The laity in the RCC is as duleded as you are. What makes you think they will not financially support a church that harms children? What do you think you are doing with these fallacious arguments? Then again, "We have disciplined our guilty priests, many have gone to jail, many have been defrocked and let go. Most priests are good men...as good as yours."

What end of the pipe have you been smoking? Do you call transfers out of one parish to another "discipline"? Do you call a temporary overnight stay - jail? Do you call promotion to Bishop "defrocked"? You must think we just fell out of the loft. Try these arguments on the rest of the RCC mushrooms.

130

News Item1/15/08 2:18 PM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
GG, Within the congregation of the church I attend, we had such an incident. A woman professed Christ, then a short time later, was back to living a homosexual lifestyle. She refused to repent and was removed from the church. We didn't wait for any secular judicial system to take care of the 'problem', it was dealt with immediately according to the Most High Judge's law.
When you stray from God's word, you bring upon yourselves the very 'scandal' that is currently rocking the RCC, and other churches as well. Unless you repent of sin,Matt. 4:17-, and are truly born from above,John 3:3- changed by God from the inside out, you will never understand what true born again believers are saying, and you will die and go to Hades [read Christ teaching on Hades in Luke 16:19-31], where you STAY until the great white throne judgment-Rev. 20:13.
129

News Item1/15/08 2:07 PM
GG  Find all comments by GG
Let me remind you Lyn, what every Fundi knows and broadcasts to the skies, "If it ain't in the Bible...it ain't true". God knows I hear that enough to memorize it.

We have disciplined our guilty priests, many have gone to jail, many have been defrocked and let go. Most priests are good men...as good as yours. The Church is paying (literally) for its folly, but more reform is needed. The Laity will not financially support a Church that harms children, the Heirarchy knows that, and I believe that. What about your own pediphile pastors....think you kids are really safe?

128

News Item1/15/08 2:01 PM
Lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by Lyn
GG: Due to the fact that there were no prophecies given during this time period is proof of God's silence, not to mention the fact that Christ or the apostles NEVER quoted from them; again, they are for historical purposes only. NOW, why is it you do not discipline the homosexual priests in the church? God's word commands it, Matt. 18:15-20 as well as 1 Cor. chapter 5. These priests defile the Lord's supper as well, 1 Cor. 11:17-33. If you are so determined to prove your biblical stance, then why do you ignore the proper procedure for dealing with sin? You uphold your man-made belief, but deny Christ by your actions, "They profess to know God, but they deny Him by their works." Titus 1:16
127

News Item1/15/08 1:47 PM
GG  Find all comments by GG
What I just proved was that Christ worshiped God during the festival called the 'Dedication of the Temple' (1&2 Macc), during Hanukkah, which is more important than quoting from them. There is proof that were references from NT back to the Deuterocanonicals...but you won't accept it. And where, according to Sola Scriptura, is the Bible quote that says that "God was silent"? Show it to me! Perhaps he just wasn't talking to you, maybe he was still taling to the Jews!
126

News Item1/15/08 12:58 PM
Lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by Lyn
The KEY factor on these historical books is that they were penned during the intertestamental period, this was a 400 year period of silence by God, there was no prophetic word given. The history of these years followed what Daniel spoke of in Daniel 2:24,45, 7:1-28, 8:1-27, 11:1-35. God was active during this period, but He was also notably silent. Therefore, these books could not have been inspired by God; they provide a window into the historical events of that time, but are of no use spiritually. Nor does Christ or any of the apostles quote from them, they don't 'blend in' with the woven fabric of consistency with the Holy Word.
125

News Item1/15/08 12:57 PM
Michael Hranek | Endicott, New York  Protected NameFind all comments by Michael Hranek
GG wrote:
The Fact still remains that Jesus as a Jew would have celebrated Hanukkah, which only comes from your so called 'Apocrypha'. If Jesus concidered it uninspired why would he celebrate it?
GG
Jesus would have celebrated it NOT because it came from the 'Apocrypha' but because it was a significant historical event in Jewish history.

Quite a bit different than seeing an apparition on a living room wall.

124

News Item1/15/08 12:41 PM
preacherjond.  Find all comments by preacherjond.
GG wrote:
The Fact still remains that Jesus as a Jew would have celebrated Hanukkah, which only comes from your so called 'Apocrypha'. If Jesus concidered it uninspired why would he celebrate it? Why would St Paul claim it as a 'shadow' of the body of Christ?
Nobody is saying that the books are fictious about historical events such as Hannukah, in fact they were used much to gain insight into history of the time between the testaments (Maccabean revolt etc.) We're saying that they are not inspired because they contain errors.
123

News Item1/15/08 11:23 AM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
gg. first of all, what you say isn't 'fact'. The religious celebrations Paul was referring to were Passover, Pentecost, the feast of Tabernacles, the monthly sacrifice, the sabbath; all the ceremonial aspects of the O.T. law were mere shadows pointing to Christ. Hanukkah is the Jewish celebration of the Isrealite victory over the Syrian leader Antiochus Epiphanes; the war fought was known as the Maccabean Revolt around 166-142 BC. It was in 164 B.C. on 25 Kislev [Dec. approximately] that the Jews liberated and rededicated the temple. Notice the time frame GG, this is the same time that God was silent. These books of yours are historical, not inspirational books.
122

News Item1/15/08 10:50 AM
GG  Find all comments by GG
The Fact still remains that Jesus as a Jew would have celebrated Hanukkah, which only comes from your so called 'Apocrypha'. If Jesus concidered it uninspired why would he celebrate it? Why would St Paul claim it as a 'shadow' of the body of Christ?
121

News Item1/15/08 10:45 AM
lyn | usa  Contact via emailFind all comments by lyn
GG; your twisting of scripture is amazing. These apocryphal books are nothing more than historical at best. The two maccabees contradict each other! Even early Catholic Church leaders who were familiar with the Hebrew texts clearly distinguish Canonical and Apocrypha writings. The writings of Cyril of Jerusalem, St. Jerome, and Bishop Melito of Sardis (170 A.D.) indicate a recognition of the difference between inspired Holy text and the Apocrypha. Church leaders such as Origen, Tertullian, and Hilary of Poitiersand Hilary of Poitiers, exclude the Apocrypha from Sacred canon by their count of books. As stated, the Apocrypha was never even declared authoritative scripture by the Catholic Church itself until the council of Trent some fifteen hundred years after Christ established the Church. And despite some catholic objections, and claims that these were always part of canon, the facts speak for themselves. It seems odd, only the RCC holds to these 'sacred doctines'. These Books were written before the New Testament, and after the 39 books which are the Old Testament Canonical scriptures. So where would they fit, and how could the New Testament Church "after the fact" decide what was Old Testament Canon? Again, it makes no sense!
120

News Item1/15/08 10:36 AM
GG  Find all comments by GG
The Jewish celebration known today as 'Hanukkah' (The Feast of Dedication of the Temple or The Celebration of Lights) comes from 1st and 2nd Books of Maccabees. 1st Mac was written in Hebrew about 100 B.C., but this copy has not survived. What we do have is in Greek with Hebrew idioms. St Paul says, "...what you do on yearly or monthly feasts or on the sabbath. All these were 'BUT A SHADOW OF THINGS TO COME; THE REALITY IS THE BODY OF CHRIST'"-[Col:2:16-17].

Logic:
1)-1&2 Mac written 100 years before Christ.
2)-Jesus was the perfect Jew.
3)-St Paul says the Jewish Feasts of the OT are shadows of the Body of Christ.
4)-Hanukkah is a Jewish Feast.
5)-Jesus celebrated Hanukkah.

John 10: 22-23- "It was winter, and the time came for the feast of the Dedication of Jerusalem (Temple). Jesus was walking in the temple area, in Solomon's Portico...".

Why was he there? Did Jesus go to tell the the Jews that 1 & 2 Mac were not inspired, or was it to celebrate the "Dedication of the Temple"?

119
There are a total of 138 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 | last
Last PostTotal
Patheos: Calvinism = Wahhabism?
unprofitable servant from georgia: "p.o.t. my apologies, hope we can continue this..."
-46 min 58 
130 Environmental Groups Call For An End To Capitalism
strat: " john uk you mean these objective truths?- [by far the majority of..."
-1 hrs 21 
'Their God changes path of rockets in mid-air'
strat: "jew hater news update,israel is still defending it's self against your..."
-1 hrs 18 


Attacks on Homeschooling
Jeff Arthur
Lots Deliverance and Rapture

Lessons From Lot
Sunday - AM
Elizabeth Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Godly Repentance
Mark Pannell

Sam Powell
Union with Christ

Colossians
First Reformed Church
Play! | MP3

Russ Sukhia
Nature of God, Pt 5 (revised)

The Nature of God (Revised)
Liberty Church, PCA
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Robert Rubino
1517 All Over Again!

Galatians 2:11-20
Fellowship Baptist Church
Play! | MP3

Jason Cooley
Hollywood: Satanic Roots

Hollywood Series
Old Paths Baptist Church
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Underground Church In America

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Perfect Fulfillments Of Prophecies!

The Rise & Fall Of Islam, & the Papal Ant­ichr­ist, For­et­old In the Book Of Rev­el­at­ion!
ow.ly/zvwsg

Sermon:
The Devil's Master
Ken Wimer






                   
It is vain to accuse those whom God acquits. ... Thomas Manton

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.