The LDS Church has changed a single word in its introduction to The Book of Mormon, a change observers say has serious implications for commonly held LDS beliefs about the ancestry of American Indians.
Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe founder Joseph Smith unearthed a set of gold plates from a hill in upstate New York in 1827 and translated the ancient text into English. The account, known as The Book of Mormon, tells the story of two Israelite civilizations living in the New World. One derived from a single family who fled from Jerusalem in 600 B.C. and eventually splintered into two groups, known as the Nephites and Lamanites.
The book's current introduction, added by the late LDS apostle Bruce R. McConkie in 1981, includes this statement: "After thousands of years, all were destroyed except the Lamanites, and they are the principal ancestors of the American...
Hey ErnieG/Jim Lincoln: Have you heard about the new Chick Publications Crusader Comic, Volume 18, that just came out?
It's Called "The Enchanter":
-----ADVERTISEMENT----- "The validity of Mormonism stands or falls on the testimony of Joseph Smith. Here is his story, revealing the man for what he really was. Calling himself the ‚Äúsecond Muhammad,‚ÄĚ
Smith was an occultic opportunist, fond of the ladies (lots of them!), who blended Masonic rituals into his temple rituals. The story is a fascinating one, filled with incredible quotes from Smith himself. After people read this illustrated book, they will not be vulnerable to the Mormon recruiters!
Mormons often try to deny their history. We have prepared extensive documentation to answer the questions that may be raised. Find the answers here.
Read the incredible story of how Joseph Smith founded Mormonism. It's a story of intrigue, murder, lust and greed. A few months after marrying the first of his 28 wives, Joseph Smith began to build his religion on a set of golden plates that he claimed had been given to him by a mysterious spirit."
Note: And Bob Jones III of Bob Jones University endorses MORMON MITT ROMNEY for President of The U.S.A.!
Talk about a POLITICAL DISCIPLE of A DISCIPLE of THE "SECOND MOHAMMED" !
Gal 1:8-9 ‚ÄúBut though we, or an ANGEL from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any MAN preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
They are totaly deceived by the lies of a MAN!
1) Sorcery was used to find the golden plates.
2) Only Joseph Smith found them and there were no other witnesses to prove them.
3) The Reformed Egyptians were never discovered unlike people found in the bible.
4) Joseph Smith translated the plates by inspiration supposedly to perfection, yet there are constant changes made by later church leaders regarding blacks, etc.
5) There were over 27, 000 words taken from the KJV in supposedly plates hidden long before the KJV was written.
6) Never ANY archeological find to prove any of the people or cities existed!!!
7) They are told to pray about these things and they will have a burning in the bosom to prove them which is based on feelings.
DNA has proved the Indians are not a lost tribe of Israel, see free videos DNA vs Mormonism and Bible vs Book of Mormon at www.lhvm.org/bible.htm
Both are excellent tools for witnessing to Mormons!