members, click to sign in..

3,761 active users!!Bandwidth
WEDNESDAY
AUG 20, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -56 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
RELIGION, CURRENT EVENTS, TECHNOLOGY Subscribe to the breaking newsWhat is RSS?
FRONT PAGE  |  8/20/2014
FRIDAY, NOV 9, 2007  |  14 comments
Evangelical & ecumenical leaders in landmark conversations on unity
NAIROBI, KENYA - Representatives of the worldwide evangelical and ecumenical movements have gathered in Nairobi, Kenya, this week to pave the way for closer collaboration.

The Global Christian Forum has brought together international Christian leaders from a broad spectrum of denominations and traditions, including Dr Geoff Tunnicliffe, International Director of the World Evangelical Alliance, and Rev Samuel Kobia, General Secretary of the World Council of Churches (WCC).

On Wednesday, the two leaders agreed that there was a need to continue the forum process, which provides an open space for serious dialogue and conversation around issues of global Christianity. ...


CLICK HERE to Read Entire Article
www.christiantoday.com

|  START  |  Recommended sermons | more..
•  A New Evangelical Downgrade: 1 • Dr. Peter Masters | 9/28/1996
•  Is the Reformation Over? • Phil Johnson | 3/1/2006
•  Reformer William Tyndale • Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley | 3/1/1965
•  After Darkness, Light • Dr. Edward Panosian | 10/29/2000

   06/27/14  |  World Vision tries to shore up its evangelical base • 6 comments
   05/12/14  |  Liberty University's Strange Bedfellows: Benny Hinn; Glenn Beck • 297 comments
   05/09/14  |  Evangelicals and Catholics Together Marks 20 Years • 28 comments
   01/26/14  |  Catholic and Pentecostal clergy, church members worship together • 12 comments
   07/16/13  |  Iran’s Secret ‘Interfaith’ Outreach in America • 1 comments
MORE RELATED ( ECUMENICAL ) NEWS | MORE..
   08/18/14  |  Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it • 27 comments
   08/17/14  |  Creation Museum breaks ground on Noah's Ark project • 8 comments
   08/15/14  |  More Unmarried New Moms Cohabiting • 11 comments
   08/12/14  |  5-Year-Old Christian Boy Cut in Half by ISIS Terrorists • 17 comments
   08/12/14  |  Seven-Year-Old Jihadi Poses with Severed Head • 18 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..
   06/02/14  |  A Letter to SermonAudio From a Missionary to Haiti • 10 comments
   02/07/14  |  Bringing the Gospel of John to Every Home in Austin, TX • 31 comments
   01/07/14  |  SermonAudio Partners with RFC for the 2014 Family Conference at... • 1 comments
   01/01/14  |  Happy New Year from SermonAudio! • 29 comments
   12/10/13  |  SermonAudio Broadcaster Loses Historic Church Building To Fire • 3 comments
OTHER CHOICE NEWS | MORE..

COMMENTS | show all | add new  
    Sorting Order:  
· Page 1 ·  Found: 14 user comment(s)
News Item11/11/07 3:45 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
I won't quiz you, Abigail, I will just point out to everyone, that it is very hard for a person to function as a Christian, if he isn't a member of a church.

Gil Rugh said or, wrote:
Paul, the last apostle, gave us much of the Biblical doctrine of the Church. He pointed out our function in the Church, addressing us, as the body of Christ, the Church of God....
The Universal Church fully manifested in the local church. The local church is complete. It doesn't need to be a part of a group of churches.
from,"The Biblical Doctrine of the Church"

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=7605104925

Scofield 1917 notes,"church
Church (true), Summary: The true church, composed of the whole number of regenerate persons from Pentecost to the first resurrection 1co 15:52 united together and to Christ by the baptism with the Holy Spirit 1co 12:12,13 is the body of Christ of which He is the Head eph 1:22,23. As such, it is a holy temple for the habitation of God through the Spirit eph 2:21,22, is "one flesh" with Christ eph 5:30,31 and espoused to Him as a chaste virgin to one husband 2co 11:2-4.
perfect (See Scofield "Mt5:48").

14

News Item11/11/07 3:44 PM
Wayne M. | B.C., Canada  Find all comments by Wayne M.
Abigail,

You said "Would your opinion be changed if I answered your questions? No! They are already set."

Would my opinion be changed I do not know. At least it would answer the question as to whether you are fellowshipping or not with others who profess to believe.

You said "As far as I know, I am the only person on these threads that is being quizzed about personal matters!!"

You are also one of the most vocal people on these threads who disagrees with many, if not most others. So I think it is a fair question.

Abigail, I would emphasize again whether one attends church or not is not a personal matter. The importance of attending church is clear in the Bible. The Epistles are addressed to the saints in the various churches and they met to break bread and worship together on the Lord's Day. To not be a part of a local assembly of believers would have been unheard of.

It is a fair, honest question to ask someone who professes to be a child of God and a follower of Jesus Christ what his/her fellowship is and if in fact he/she is fellowshipping with other professing believers.

13

News Item11/11/07 3:26 PM
Abigail | Oregon  Contact via emailFind all comments by Abigail
Wayne M. said

" This is not a personal question either. This is part of testing the spirits whether they be of God. Does not the Bible tell us to test the spirits? 1 John 4. Attending church is basic.
Asking which denomination is the second question and is also reasonable as it relates to your doctrine."
_____

Would your opinion be changed if I answered your questions? No! They are already set.

As far as I know, I am the only person on these threads that is being quizzed about personal matters!!

In the love of Jesus Christ with prayers
Abigail

12

News Item11/11/07 3:08 PM
Wayne M. | B.C., Canada  Find all comments by Wayne M.
Abigail,

Abigail wrote:
Wayne M. said
"The question as to whether you go to a church has plenty to do with everything. .....You should know the great confessions such as the Belgic Confession (Art. xxix) and the Westminster Confession (XXV) teach all those in the world who profess the true religion, together with their children, are bound to belong and outside of which is no ordinary possibility of salvation.
_____

Be honest, Wayne. You post is an absolute fabrication.
You have denounced me many times because of my denomination.

It is you that are being less than forthright. Unless there is a legitimate reason, not attending is contrary to Biblical teaching.

This is not a personal question either. This is part of testing the spirits whether they be of God. Does not the Bible tell us to test the spirits? 1 John 4. Attending church is basic.

Asking which denomination is the second question and is also reasonable as it relates to your doctrine.

I have not denounced you so much as your doctrines and the doctrines of Pentecostalism. It is your teachings that we have a serious problem with. However, you should be ready to answer anyone who asks you about church attendance.

Unless you say, I would assume you do not go to church.

11

News Item11/11/07 2:15 PM
Abigail | Oregon  Contact via emailFind all comments by Abigail
Wayne M. said

"The question as to whether you go to a church has plenty to do with everything. The fact that you refused to answer a simply question about what kind of a church you attend probably means you do not attend a church. That would likely be the only reason you did not answer and dismiss it is as a foolish question.'

You should know the great confessions such as the Belgic Confession (Art. xxix) and the Westminster Confession (XXV) teach all those in the world who profess the true religion, together with their children, are bound to belong and outside of which is no ordinary possibility of salvation.
_____

Be honest, Wayne. You post is an absolute fabrication.

You have denounced me many times because of my denomination. In every discussion, you ask personal questions trying to pry into my private life. You ask questions to pen the heresies of a denomination on me. You know my beliefs by my posts.

I have no concern about the "Confessions" of those heretical men of 500 years ago.

The Holy Writ is the Word of God. God has spoken what He has spoken and no man can add to it or take from it—it is forever settled in heaven.

In the love of Jesus Christ with prayers
Abigail

10

News Item11/11/07 11:27 AM
Wayne M. | B.C., Canada  Find all comments by Wayne M.
Abigail,

Abigail wrote:
Wayne M
The answers to your senseless questions have nothing to do with anything.
The question as to whether you go to a church has plenty to do with everything. The fact that you refused to answer a simply question about what kind of a church you attend probably means you do not attend a church. That would likely be the only reason you did not answer and dismiss it is as a foolish question.

You should know the great confessions such as the Belgic Confession (Art. xxix) and the Westminster Confession (XXV) teach all those in the world who profess the true religion, together with their children, are bound to belong and outside of which is no ordinary possibility of salvation.

The marks of a true (visible)local church are (1)the pure doctrine of the gospel is preached therein; it maintains the pure administration of the sacraments as instituted by Christ; and church discipline is exercised in punishing sin. In short, All things are managed according to the pure Word of God. All things contrary to this are to be rejected.

If you are not attending a visible, biblical church, without reaonsable cause, then I would encourage you to give this serious consideration. Even a Baptist theology book teaches similarly.

9

News Item11/11/07 10:48 AM
Abigail | Oregon  Contact via emailFind all comments by Abigail
Wayne M

The answers to your senseless questions have nothing to do with anything.

____

R.K. Borill said

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, HATH NOT GOD."

That applies to you!! You are the thief and robber trying to get in another way because you refuse to hear the words of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and refuse to walk in His footsteps. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked (I Jo 2:6). Jesus Christ came PREACHING THE GOSPEL. The Apostles including Paul were filled with the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit confirmed and affirmed His Words in their inspired writings.

____
Faithful Remnant

The OSAS heresy is leading millions to hell. You think you can live a life is degradation and shame and no matter what you do you still have eternal life. REPENT OF YOUR EVIL DEEDS. Come into the light that you evil deeds may be reproved and walk in the light even as Jesus Christ the righteous is in the light. Those that have not been filled with the Spirit cannot discern good from evil. They are blinded to the truth and put light for darkness and darkness for light.

In the love of Jesus Christ with prayers
Abigail

8

News Item11/10/07 11:12 PM
terry evans | miramar beach fl  Contact via emailFind all comments by terry evans
Susan Miller wrote:
Hi Terry, thank you for your kind words. The times are treacherous. However even now, we are called not to a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love and joy and sound mind. God is faithful and the peace of God passeth all understanding.
Amen
7

News Item11/10/07 11:04 PM
Susan Miller | West Palm Beach, FL  Find all comments by Susan Miller
Hi Terry, thank you for your kind words. The times are treacherous. However even now, we are called not to a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love and joy and sound mind. God is faithful and the peace of God passeth all understanding.
6

News Item11/10/07 10:07 PM
terry evans | miramar beach fl  Contact via emailFind all comments by terry evans
Susan Miller wrote:
II Tim. 3:1-5 warns us that in the last times, men will come forth "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." The Bible tells us that we can know people who profess godliness by their works, and even John the Baptist challenged the Pharisees (Matt. 3:8) that they should "bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance".
II Cor. 11:14-15 tells us, "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."
The end times, the Bible tells us, will be filled with great deception. Christ warns us that not only does Satan appear good, but that his minions who work toward his goals are also perceived as good. Christians need to be aware of who these are and not endorse them or their agendas!
Amen you go Susan, maybe I just have a hard time trying to say that.
Look now abigail is back, and R. K. may not know the discussion, many people had with her a week or two ago. She is not just in error, looking for truth, can you not see? Watch

OK make it easy, use the mag glass beside the persons name, take the time , it shows the past 500 comments that person made, are they Christlike in nature, maybe a pattern, maybe some lies mixed in with truth, study,watch

5

News Item11/10/07 10:07 PM
Faithful Remnant  Find all comments by Faithful Remnant
Sounds like unity with a lot of compromise. Do you think any of them adhere strictly to the five solas?
4

News Item11/10/07 10:00 PM
Patrick  Find all comments by Patrick
For those interested, an excellent Gospel analysis of "ecumenicism" can be found in "Evangelicism Divided" by Iain H Murray, giving details of the slide into apostasy of the western church from 1950 to 2000. ("Christianity Today" is mentioned, but I doubt they would be flattered by what they read of themselves, among many others..)
As the global triumph of the Gospel of Salvation is assured in Scripture for all God's chosen people plus the certain conversion of the Jews, the only question for any readers, listeners and researchers in SA is -- are YOU saved?
3

News Item11/10/07 9:05 PM
Susan Miller | West Palm Beach, FL  Find all comments by Susan Miller
II Tim. 3:1-5 warns us that in the last times, men will come forth "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." The Bible tells us that we can know people who profess godliness by their works, and even John the Baptist challenged the Pharisees (Matt. 3:8) that they should "bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance".

II Cor. 11:14-15 tells us, "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

The end times, the Bible tells us, will be filled with great deception. Christ warns us that not only does Satan appear good, but that his minions who work toward his goals are also perceived as good. Christians need to be aware of who these are and not endorse them or their agendas!

2

News Item11/10/07 6:00 PM
Jim Lincoln | Nebraska  Find all comments by Jim Lincoln
"The Biblical Doctrine of the Church"

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=sermonssource&sermonID=7605104925

Gil several years back wrote a booklet on,

"Promise Keepers and the Rising Tide of Ecumenism"

http://www.ihcc.org/images/booklets/pdf/L116.pdf

It points out that having proper doctrine is much more important than ecumenism.

Gil Rugh wrote:
There is great emphasis in the Church today on uniting professing
Christians of all denominations and beliefs. That effort is
commonly referred to as “ecumenism,” which is defined as “the
organized attempt to bring about the cooperation and unity of all
believers in Christ.”6 With ecumenism is an emphasis on setting
aside theological differences between denominations while focusing
on areas of agreement. The areas of agreement are predominantly
social, moral and political....
1
There are a total of 14 user comments displayed | add new comment |Subscribe to these comments
Last PostTotal
Former FBI says only way to defeat Islam is to crush it
lurker: "jim lincoln try this one, lurker (look over the entire article please. :)..."
-55 min 27 
Islamic State message to America: 'we will drown all of you in...
jim lincoln from nebraska: "http://thereligionofpeace.co..."
-58 min 
God will give me two or three more years, says Pope
jim lincoln from nebraska: "http://www.usatoday.com/stor..."
-1 hrs 


A Flat Tyre


Event: Sep 18-19, 2014
Counsel the Word Conference

Sufficiency of Scripture
Conference
Southern Seminary

Event: Feb 19-21, 2015
2015 Ligonier National Conference

After Darkness, Light
Conference
Ligonier Ministries

Sponsor:
Paul Washer on Puritan HD:

"Click a button & you can easily do ten hours worth of res­earch in just sec­onds!"
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

Sponsor:
Busting the Media's ISIS (Islam) Myths

Free Chr­ist­ian Res­ources About ISIS, Jihad, Islam In Bible Proph­ecy & Much More!
www.puritandownloads.com/bu..

Sermon: Comfort in the Face of Suicide
Bob Vincent






                   
Deny sloth not only continuance, but countenance. ... Thomas Adams

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.