The Anglican Bishop of Shrewsbury is to give away hundreds of apples to shoppers and commuters in Shrewsbury Town from on Monday 29 October as part of a Church of England campaign to re-brand Halloween and change permanently the way the festival is celebrated.
Each apple carries a sticker which invites people to visit a dedicated website and donate a cash 'Halloween treat' to The Children's Society, helping the charity's work in caring for and supporting young people in need.
The Bishop of Shrewsbury, the Rt Rev Dr Alan Smith, said: "I would encourage everyone to visit the Halloween Choice website and help transform Halloween. The website includes resources for parents, schools and church congregations, many of whom will be running alternative Halloween events and raising money for The Childrenâ€™s Society."...
Ah, brings me back to the days when I was a kid, going to a Methodist Church, who by the way beat this guy to making The Eve of All Hallows more socially acceptable. We went out with our little boxes collecting money for UNICEF! Those were the days!
By the way, want to read about martyrs?
Seaton, the CE and RCC can't join until the RCC allows women priests and bishops.
"We are delighted that the Church of England has suggested a donation to The Children's Society as the alternative 'treat' for people joining in the Halloween Choice campaign."
= How to sanctify halloween???
Well I suppose if you've lost the plot as far as the Bible is concerned, you have to flog something to the masses. Hence the C of E preoccupation with the Social Gospel. Now lets see what their message is.
* It's ok to be a Sodomite because the law of God doesn't count today in these Liberal times.
* The Bible wasn't written by God, men put their ideas into it, so it's ok to delete the veses that we don't like.
* All religions are acceptable as long as they are nice to the C of E.
* Women can go into the pulpit because God has changed His mind about the old rules in Scripture.
* Family is not man and woman married under the authority of God, it can be any combination of genders as long as the C of E blesses the idea.
* Homosexuality/Trans gender is ok because the C of E can sanctify any sin.
* The C of E and the RCC are almost reunited, because the Reformation didn't really count and wasn't very nice anyway.
It is sad yet very pertinent to state here that the seed of the problem's of both the decline of the RCC and the C of E is ARMINIANISM.