PHOTO MOMENT Dog Swallows Seven-Inch Kitchen Knife
An x-ray of Jake, the 12-week-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross from Merseyside, England who swallowed a seven-inch kitchen knife, is seen in this handout photo made available Wednesday, April 9, 2003. The knife begins in Jake's oesophagus at the left of the image, passes behind his larynx through his stomach into the bowel. Jake's owners became worried as the puppy was reluctant to curl up, vets x-raying the dog operated immediately and removed the knife. According to his owners, Jake was up and about within 24 hours after the surgery.