159 views | 3 emails |
Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Isa 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Isa 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear...Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Isa 6:9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Isa 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
Isa 6:11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
Jesus is Adonai!
Text: Isaiah 6:8-11
Also I heard the voice of the Lord (Adonai) saying:
‚Äúwhom shall I send, and who will go for us?‚ÄĚ
Then I said, ‚ÄúHere am I! Send me.‚ÄĚ And He said, ‚ÄúGo and tell the people:
‚ÄėKeep on hearing, but do not understand; Keep on seeing but do not perceive.‚Äô
Hear ye indeed, but understand not: and see ye indeed, but perceive not -- KJV
‚ÄúMake the heart of this people dull fat, and their ears heavy, and shut their eyes;
Lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and return and be healed.‚ÄĚ
And convert -- KJV
Then I said, ‚ÄúLord (Adonai) how long?‚ÄĚ and He answered:
‚ÄúUntil the cities are laid waste and without inhabitant‚Ä¶.‚ÄĚ
And be healed.
From the Hebrew word אפר or חפר, raphah.
Means, to mend by stitching, figuratively speaking is to cure,
Make whole, repair thoroughly or mend.
(See no. 5 below for NT Greek)
From the word בוש, shuwb, pronounced as shoob,
Means to return or to turn back.
(See no. 6 below for NT Greek )
Note: Adonai was mentioned 3 times: vv: 1, 8, 11
And Yahweh was mentioned 3 times also: vv: 3, 5, 12
I. First Fulfillment: Mattew 13:14-15
After Jesus Christ spoke to His disciples in parables (sower), they came to Him and asked, ‚Äúwhy do you speak to them in parables?‚ÄĚ Jesus‚Äô answer is two way, or have two purpose: one, for His disciples to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but to them (the Pharisees and the Sadducees, also the Hypocrites) it has not been given.‚ÄĚ
Then Jesus said, ‚ÄúAnd in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled.‚ÄĚ
They will be able to hear and see because: ‚Äútheir ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them.‚ÄĚ
1. In verse 11, the word ‚Äúgiven‚ÄĚ in greek is dedotai, dedwmi, (dedowmi) to give one something as gift, to give one‚Äôs care for commitment or religiously observe, to give one to someone to whom he already belonged, to deliver, entrust, commit to the charge of anyone. Therefore, the disciples is receiving a gift that belongs to them that was ordained since the beginning of time according to God‚Äôs sovereignty.
2. In verse 12, the word ‚Äúabundance‚ÄĚ which is in original language in Greek, perisseuqhsetai, (perisseutheisetai) means, more than enough, residue over and above, excess. From the root word in Gk, perisseuw, (perisseuow) means, increase, augment and more than above, in short to be gifted with abundance. Refer: The parable of the sower, the ‚Äúgood ground hearer‚ÄĚ will have abundance of bearing fruits in hearing the words of God.
3. The elects will be given a gift of understanding to know and perceive the Kingdom of heaven but to others, it will stay as parables, even if they have knowledge of being philosopher a doctorate degree or religious according to the knowledge of men (reasons of men) and not according to the knowledge of God. And this gift will be taken away from them like the one who received one talent and was taken from him, given to the one who has 5 talents so that he will have more (abundance).
4. In addition to this fulfillment: In verse 35 is from the book of Psalm 78:2, which says: ‚ÄúI will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world.‚ÄĚ Our present time is climax of the history of the Bible. This is the time where all the prophecies are being fulfilled.
5. In verse 15, the word ‚Äúturn‚ÄĚ is the English translation used in the OT and same word used in NT NKJV. But in KJV the word used is ‚Äúconverted‚ÄĚ which is in original Gk NT is epistrejwsi, (epistrepsowsi) means to turn around, bring back, convert, return and be converted! The correct rendering should be ‚Äúturning back.‚ÄĚ We will experience of turning back to God from the world, turning back from the state of sin and depravation. (refer back to Hebrew word above for the related meaning in Greek, also the ff. no 6 below)
6. The word ‚Äúheal‚ÄĚ iasomai, (Iasomai) means, to restore from a state of sin and condemnation.
7. Note the ‚Äúpattern‚ÄĚ used as it was presented from Isaiah to Matthew: they will see, hear, understand, and turn around (convert) and be healed. This is a statement in the reverse order, same thing if you say: You will be able to drive your car, and change the transmission and bring it to Canadian Tire. First thing first, we have to bring it to CT and let them change the Tranny and then you drive the car. Same thing, in the book of Isaiah, there should be a spiritual healing first, of being born again by the work of God through the HS applying the death of Christ in the cross and we will be converted, turning from our old ways, bringing back ourselves in relationship with God thru our Lord Jesus Christ, then we will have more abundance of seeing, hearing and understanding of the word of God and the parables of the Kingdom of Heaven.
8. One more, in verse 9: ‚ÄúHe who hath ears to hear let him hear.‚ÄĚ Do we really have the power and capability of hearing the word of God like what the Arminians believe? Or, do we rely in the Sovereignty of God through our Lord Jesus Christ who is the Adonai, the controller of all His creation even the salvation of man? This verse, when it was mentioned in the book of Revelation states that: ‚ÄúHe who hath ears to hear let him hear what the Spirit says into the Churches.‚ÄĚ It is the Holy Spirit that intervenes, regenerates and giving us the proper understanding according to His Sovereignty and the doctrine of election that we will have the gift of understanding (according to His grace, which is the gift of God). Note: ‚Äúwhat the Spirit says into the Churches‚ÄĚ The revelation of God is not for all but for His servants only, the ekkleisia, the Church, the elect of God. (The doctrine of Particularism)
9. Take note the small word used in Matthew which is not written and mentioned in the book of Isaiah: One letter word ‚ÄúI‚ÄĚ a small word that Christ used in announcing the prophecy fulfilled as if He is the one talking to Isaiah and claiming that He has the power of giving the spiritual healing which means that He is the Adonai, He who controls everything. He is the only one who has the power to heal us.
10. Addendum: The modified version of the text in Mark 4:12 used is ‚Äúand their sin be forgiven them‚ÄĚ The only person who has the power to forgive sins and redeemed us from His death in the cross is no other than Christ alone, Sola Christos!.
II. Second Fulfillment: John 12:37-41
After Jesus Christ told them about His crucifixion, a prophecy that will be fulfilled in a matter of few hours, then in v. 37 ‚ÄúBut though He had done so many miracles before them, yet they believe not on Him‚Ä¶‚ÄĚ And Christ mentioned again that the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled again, note the statement again ‚Äúand I should heal them.‚ÄĚ
III. Third Fulfillment: Acts 28:26-27
After Paul spent time almost whole day of expounding and testifying the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, the law of Moses and the prophets, some believed and some believed not and when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, then Paul spoke one word about the Holy Spirit who spoke to Isaiah, then ‚ÄúBe it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, that they will hear it.‚ÄĚ
IV. Other Fulfillment: Romans 11:7-8
v. 5: remnant according to the election of grace.
v. 7: the elect (Gentiles) hath obtained it, others (Israel) hath not.
v. 8: ‚Äúspirit of stupor‚ÄĚ NKJV ‚Äúspirit of blindness‚ÄĚ KJV
from the word, katanuxews, katanuxis, (katanuksis) a deep sleep or slumber, dullness. According to God, (Theos) sovereignty, salvation was being given to the Gentiles. Blindness is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles come in.
v.29: For the gifts and calling o f God are without repentance.
ametamelhta, (ametameleita) not to be repented of, enduring without regret as it used in II Cor. 7:10 ‚ÄúIrrevocable‚ÄĚ NKJV.
1. Positive attitude in preaching, teaching and sharing the gospel to unbelievers: whether they accept, believe or refuse and disbelieve, we have to think that the prophecy of Isaiah is only being fulfilled unless God intervenes through the HS, regenerates and heal them and be converted with repentance, this is the works of the Adonai. Do not be disappointed in sharing the gospel!
Unless they will be converted and spiritually restored by Christ redeeming power through His blood in the cross, they will be saved.
Our duty is to proclaim the Gospel and God will do the rest.
2. If we experience hindrances in understanding of the word, pray.
3. If we are blessed in having abundance of understanding the word of God, share it to others and pray for them who do not have the understanding. If we have that blessings of understanding seek more that we will experience the gift of abundance.
4. For those believers and especially members of the Church, the grace of God, which is the gift of abundance in hearing the word of God through teaching and preaching will only be experienced if we are in His presence every Sunday, after Sunday, after Sunday, and if we are absent in the flesh because of certain unnecessary situation, borrow the tapes and listen to the message. If we experience no understanding or no blessings, listen to the tapes again and again that the HS may bless us.
5. The gift of understanding of the word is one of the blessings of God to each of us, so we do continuously, the listening and reading of the word especially to those who has the gift of teaching and preaching. We must have a continuous program in this Church, the training of those who has that gift, to harness more, to cultivate that ‚Äútalent‚ÄĚ, letting them exercise the gift, so that there will be an abundance of grace of God. This will results to the abundance of blessings not only to those leaders but also to those who hear them.
6. To those unbelievers, seek and pray that the HS will intervene while we are listening to the leaders who are in the pulpit. Do not forsake the assembly in the Church, the fellowship where we can receive blessings from others, sharing the word of God. Don‚Äôt let the spirit of slumber be upon you. Seek the healing of Christ the Adonai, the only one who has the power of healing so that we will have conversion and will have understanding of the word.
7. The fulfillment of the prophecies continues: ‚ÄúUntil the cities are laid waste and without inhabitants.‚ÄĚ As long as there are people who do not believe God, who rejects Jesus Christ as Adonai, as long as there are inhabitants, people still existing, we should not stop preaching the gospel, teaching the word of God and expounding the parables of Christ. It could be your friends, your neighbors, your relatives, your loved ones, the person sitting besides you, everybody who are without Christ! Let the prophecy fulfilled!
If Christ is not God (the second person of the triune God) who came in flesh to reconcile man back to God not only in the essence of His person as God-man but also in His works in the Death of the Cross, ....there is no Salvation!