members, click to sign in..

4,182 active users!!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
DEC 20, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -1 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
About | $1 Signup!
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ SOLUTIONS ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon Two Kinds of Wisdom - Part 2 | Richard Caldwell Jr.
Mephibosheth from The King's Table
"Preach on !"
-9 hrs 
Sermon Church Of The Walking Dead | Guy Walker
Ruth Holmes
-9 hrs 
Sermon We know that we know Him | Lewis Kiger
Kendall Brantley from Lyons, Ga 30436
-9 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 20 user comments posted recently.
News Item7/30/12 10:42 AM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
15
comments
Mike wrote:
These had low cholesterol, therefore there is a relationship? Of the 79677 remaining how many also had "below the median" cholesterol, yet did not meet the criteria for criminal violence?
Perhaps Mike, you should suggest to Homeland Security that it would be a good idea for a "low cholesterol" test to be done on everybody entering the myriad of legal arsenals you support in the shopping malls.

These "meatless Mondays" recommended by USDA might be viewed by some as healthy eating but the risk taken by America with all these armories around could be the cause of the multi-kill sprees. Therefore you could recommend an increase of cholesterol, meat consumption, to reduce the criminal violence stats.

Perhaps obese America would be the safer option then gun shops would be irrelevant?

Article quote;
"One simple way to reduce your environmental impact while dining at our cafeterias is to participate in the "Meatless Monday" initiative," the USDA newsletter said. "This international effort, as the name implies, encourages people not to eat meat on Mondays."

What America forgets is that many countries have compulsory meatless mondays, tuesdays, wednesdays, thursdays, fridays, saturdays and sundays.


News Item7/29/12 3:41 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
Kyle wrote:
No change
Kill a "sick" man?
Kill a "possessed" man?

Luke 8:29 (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.) 30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.


News Item7/29/12 3:20 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
Kyle wrote:
I was not there, so I only know what I see on the news. If this guy is found guilty by a jury of his peers, and they convict him, this guy should be executed by Christmas
If he is psychologically unstable - What then?

Quote;
Referring to Holmes psychologist said...
"He may be a longtime psychopath who turned to violence to show the world he could make a lasting mark, she said. Or he could have suffered a psychotic breakdown as recently as this spring, triggering his decision to drop out of graduate school, start buying weapons and launch his attack amid paranoid delusions, she said.

But, she added, the medications he could have been on during the hearing likely masked his true nature." CNN Justice


News Item7/29/12 2:42 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
John Yurich USA wrote:
I plan on amassing a firearms arsenal. By the time I am done I will have amassed over 20,000 firearms including military style firearms, rifles, pistols, shotguns and every other kind of firearm that has been manufactured.
Be careful what Satan and sin does with you after you have wasted your money on such a fruitless exercise with such weaponry.

Remember below, on another thread, (Catholic priest suggests Satan....) that you agree that Satan and sin do have an input into the life of the sinner. Both are powerful adversaries in the life of the mortal. I wouldn't want you to turn into a "Holmes"


News Item7/29/12 2:33 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
15
comments
Mike wrote:
There are few monkeys with access to firearms in this area
Missing the point?

"We merged one-time cholesterol measurements on 79,777 subjects enrolled in a health screening project in Varmland, Sweden with subsequent police records for arrests for violent crimes in men and women aged 24-70 at enrollment; and with information on covariates. We performed a nested case control comparison of cholesterol in violent criminals - defined as those with two or more crimes of violence against others - to cholesterol in nonoffenders matched on age, enrollment year, sex, education and alcohol, using variable-ratio matching, with a nonparametric sign test.

RESULTS: One hundred individuals met criteria for criminal violence. Low cholesterol (below the median) was strongly associated with criminal violence in unadjusted analysis (Men: risk ratio 1.94.
Age emerged as a strong confounder. Adjusting for covariates using a matching procedure, violent criminals had significantly lower cholesterol than others identical in age, sex, alcohol indices and education, using a nonparametric sign test.

CONCLUSIONS: Adjusting for other factors, low cholesterol is associated with increased subsequent criminal violence" (University of California)


News Item7/29/12 1:50 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
Kyle wrote:
It was his right to buy the gun. He was not exercising any right when he used it for murder. Why can't you make that distinction?
"It was his right to buy the gun" -
Why do you think he bought the guns in the first place, just two months prior to the murderous attack? What reason was in his mind?

The ease and facilitating availability of military style hardware at the local shopping mall made it all to easy for this killer and others, eg Columbine and Virginia Tech in Blacksburg etc etc etc....


News Item7/29/12 1:28 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
15
comments
Mike wrote:
This sounds similar to "solution"s accusation about fighting for the right to shoot people. Makes just about as much sense.
Don't worry Mike, I am sure that common sense (and science) will not prevail and you can maintain the logistical support for pathological killers handy at the shopping mall.

Perhaps y'all could factor into the early demise of someone the proximity of a gun shop combined with the incidence of criminal insanity in the population, as well as cholesterol levels.

"Community cohort studies and meta-analyses of randomized trials have shown a relation between low or lowered cholesterol and death by violence (homicide, suicide, accident); in primates, cholesterol reduction has been linked to increased behavioral acts of aggression (Kaplan J, Manuck S. The effects of fat and cholesterol on aggressive behaviour in monkeys"
"RESULTS: One hundred individuals met criteria for criminal violence. Low cholesterol (below the median) was strongly associated with criminal violence in unadjusted analysis...."
(Department of Medicine, University of California)

Amazing what one learns on SermonAudio.


News Item7/28/12 12:36 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
"A federal law enforcement officer said Holmes bought one of the four guns — the first of two Glock pistols — on May 22 at Gander Mountain in Aurora, Colo. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the probe into the shootings is ongoing.
Larry Whiteley, a Bass Pro Shops spokesman, said records show that its Denver store followed federal rules in selling a shotgun and a Glock pistol to Holmes.
"Background checks, as required by federal law, were properly conducted, and (Holmes) was approved," Whiteley said in a statement." (yahoo.com)


ALL legal and above board, isn't that nice and apparently, judging by the posts, supported by the local Christians.

Holmes over the last couple of months was able to arm himself with military style hardware and freely use "HIS RIGHT" to go and slaughter 12 people and maim 50 odd others.

And some Christians are fighting hard to maintain this quote "RIGHT"

Strange I just can't find this "RIGHT" in the Bible. Where in the Bible does God give us the RIGHT to kill unarmed people in public places? And come to think of it where does God advise us to maintain local arsenals in the shopping mall?

What happened to "In God we Trust," America?


News Item7/27/12 7:10 AM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
Mike wrote:
It is a right here, and it shall remain so. It is in the lands where it is believed angels have been found in the form of kings that ordnance belongs only to officialdom.
btw, you have your Hungerford and Cumbria shootings, too, don't you? And with such limited access. Tsk tsk.
You forgot Dunblane if you require support for the 'legal' need to have the wherewithal to shoot people. Question is that, Are you supporting the people's need or the deadly criminal intent to murder, - or both?

I don't ever remember seeing or hearing of guns and their availability in our town and locality.

But I guess you, Kyle and others must be convinced of the incompetence of America's police and judiciary to find it necessary to arm yourself in preparation for shooting somebody?


News Item7/26/12 2:44 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
John UK wrote:
Sol, if you are concerned about the cause of deaths, why not focus on the "Sad, Mad, Diet" in America, which kills hundreds of thousands every year.

2. "medical profession", whose main treatment is to fill God's creation with damaging drugs.

"Diet"???
Are you kidding???
What is it with you lefty hippy sassenachs that you are more bothered about your stomach than the deadly retail industry which these poor misguided yanks are maintaining on the high street?
Eat what God has provided and leave the longevity of your time on earth where it belongs - with God!

"Drugs" - No problem!! The NHS is wise (cheap) and wonderful. Be therefore happy with your lot.

__________

Mike wrote:
Only particular deaths in particular places interest him
'Criminality' Mike. Remove the "right" to ordnance, this cowboy creed and supplant common sense to stop the killing carousel, and fix America on this one.

News Item7/26/12 12:25 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
Mike wrote:
There are thousands of deaths, and tens of thousands of injuries on UK highways annually. Highway carnage is completely and utterly unnecessary in any "civilised" country. Close the car dealers and reduce the highway death rate.
The point is not that human beings die Mike, but that you and others are fighting to maintain the logistical weapon support for pathological killers. Thats definitely not the Christian thing to do.

If stats are what you want then
Aurora 12 dead
Tucson 6 dead
Ft Hood 12 dead
Blacksburg 32 dead
Seatle 6 dead
Columbine 12 dead

How many more must die for the so called "right" to keep the "Wild West" proclivity alive?


News Item7/25/12 10:44 AM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
Neil wrote:
And how, pray tell, do you "remove too-easy access to lethal weapons" w/o gun laws??
Look Neil, here is an appropriate reason for you to vote Democrat.
Quote; "President Barack Obama has not done enough to lead on the issue amid the recent shooting massacre in an Aurora, Colorado-theater."

Neil wrote:
Canada is a good example for "solutions" argument that gun shops in unsettled areas are OK

"solutions" he say...
Gun shops are completely and utterly unnecessary in any "civilised" country.
Christians especially should practice this reality.

Close the gun shops and reduce the multi-murder rates.


News Item7/24/12 3:17 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
Neil wrote:
1) Causal Fallacy, which you didn't address. Do you even know what this is?
2) Victorian England
3) We already have laws limiting availability of military-grade weapons. Study American law before criticizing it
4) Ad Hominem
1) Your "Causal Fallacy" was about laws in your post below. As I said laws are not the solution. Removing the all to easy access to lethal weapons is.
2) England (I'm Scots btw) didn't have a pioneer style frontier full of murderous indians either. Even by "Victorian" times England was a settled country, as America is now, so you don't need to have the gun shop style availability anymore - The indians are not so aggressive these days. In Victorian times the majority of people couldn't afford the guns which these decadent days provide.
3) Obviously your laws are not working. Aurora and Columbine et al prove that fact.
4) Poor Neil.

News Item7/24/12 2:32 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
Neil wrote:
Several problems:
1) gun laws
2) Was the UK a crazy "Wild West" back in the Victorian era
3) An unstated appeal is being made to philosophical pragmatism: laws are justified
1) "gun laws"??? What I have been advocating all along Neil is to get rid of the arsenals in the malls and shopping centres. Leaving the gun shops there and fiddling with the justice system will never work.
2) I'm sure the "wild west" would have produced much more business for "Boot Hill" if they had M16's and AK47's in the local hardware store. The current spate of "Lone Ranger" multi-murderers the US has produced in the last couple of decades puts all the old cowboy days into the nursery stage.
3) "Philosophical pragmatism"
Neil this is about the availability of military style arsenals and sophisticated modern weaponry being put into the ready hands of pathological killers as Aurora and next door Columbine demonstrate. Laws are made to be broken by sinners, as modern society adequately demonstrates. What America needs to do is get rid of the shopping mall armories and stop the multi-murders of innocent bystanders.
As Christians you shouldn't be supporting these killing sprees by maintaining the logistics of them.

News Item7/23/12 3:09 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
Rufus wrote:
The problem, in this scenario, is not that one man had multiple guns in a theater but that multiple men in a theater did not have one gun.
If someone else had started firing there would have been a dangerous exchange of fire and more people could have been killed in a panic situation like that.
That could make things worse.

When I have observed a gun shop on tv news They look as if they are decked out with every imaginable type of gun like a military arsenal. I have never in my life actually been into a gun shop even though I have been over to the US.
But it is completely alien to my thinking to have such a shop in my home town. We just don't go there.

"The United Kingdom historically had one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world even before gun control legislation became stricter from the late twentieth century. In the United Kingdom in 2009 there were 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants; for comparison, the figure for the United States was 3.0, about 40 times higher, and for Germany 0.2." (Wiki)


News Item7/23/12 2:43 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
Mike wrote:
1) there are millions of firearms owners who never live down to your expectations.
1a) I suspect you have a notion that a firearm somehow demon-possesses the owner into committing murder.

2) a mall where you could buy any weapon just because you wanted to

3) What control do you recommend that would help in the situation of the thousands of knife victims a year in the UK?

1) The quest is to curtail the pathological criminals - not those who just want to own a gun. But seriously why own a gun? It may have gone too far in the US to change the habit now?
How about 'Does a Christian need a gun?'

1a) Now who is exaggerating???

2) Diminish the number of gun shops - diminish this specific crime.

3) "Only last week a fatal stabbing was reported from the Blackberry BBM party in London, yet data compiled by the Guardian shows that the highest rate of severe knife related crime recorded in the capital in the 2010-2011 financial year is less than 0.5% of total crime for each area.
The highest number of murder knife victims (or otherwise where the weapon used was a "sharp instrument"), for 2010 and 2011 calendar years, was only six - in just two London boroughs." (guardian.co.uk)


News Item7/23/12 11:51 AM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
67
comments
America doesn't want gun control. It is considered to be a 'right' to have the wherewithal to kill somebody on your person.

Probably within the next twelve months there will be another multi death event in America like this, underscored by the simple fact of easy availability of deadly arsenals in the local mall.

Gun control is not a solution in America. What is required is for Americans to address the question, Why make it as easy as shopping for pathological killers to arm themselves with M16's, AK47 and the like???

"On May 22, law enforcement officials said Holmes bought a Glock pistol. Less than a week later, he upgraded to a shotgun. The following week he bought an AR-15 rifle, versions of which had been outlawed under the assault weapon ban in 1994. But that prohibition expired in 2004 and Congress, in a nod to the political clout of gun enthusiasts, did not renew it." (huffingtonpost.com)


News Item7/22/12 11:20 AM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
38
comments
Mike wrote:
My 22 has yet to leap up and go shoot someone. Your argument is emotion based, not thought based nor fact based, which is why you overreact. Here's a question for your consideration- why are the states with the strictest gun control laws, such as NY, among the states with the highest crime rates?
"James Holmes, 24, the former neuroscience student believed to be the lone gunman in Friday’s shootings in Aurora, armed himself with an assault rifle, a shotgun and a handgun to allegedly kill 12 and wound 59 others, many critically. All were weapons that would probably be legal for him to possess."

If there wasn't gun shops spread all over America's shopping centres, then Holmes would not have so readily been able to kill. Fact. Twelve people would still be alive. Fact. Even Columbine just up the road would have likely never happened.

This is not an emotional response it is pure pragmatism since I live in a Country with NO gun shops. Thus we don't have a regular annual massacre.

As for "states with strictest gun laws" - Remove all the shops and all the guns you really don't need them as other countries prove. Then all pathalogical killers born in the US will be severely limited in their activities.


News Item7/21/12 3:30 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
38
comments
Don Randolph wrote:
12 people died because of a single man with a twisted mind, not because America wants anything of the sort. 12 families are mourning because of the death of a loved one, not the ease or difficulty of gun purchases. So, take away all the guns? Great idea. Remove the gun shops so criminals will be the only people to obtain guns. Just because Mr. Holmes obtained them legally does not mean he wouldn't have obtained them by other means if he already had a plan to do this. BTW, 99% of the population who do carry a gun do it to protect themselves and others, not to kill
H B Stowe wrote:
If a gun free zone is all that is needed to stop violence, then this event would not have happened. The Theater was a gun free zone and it didn't stop the criminal it only denied law abiding citizens the right to defend themselves.
All you have to do is look around you at other countries where they don't go around with such regular monotony murdering men women and children. AND they don't have such easy access to weapons as a gun shop at every corner.

Stop the killing!! You do not require guns to live in civilised community.


News Item7/21/12 2:34 PM
solutions  Find all comments by solutions
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
38
comments
Mike wrote:
It's interesting how it's always the liberal who seeks control over non-criminals when criminals works out their crimes
Twelve people dead because America wants to walk around legally with death strapped to their hip?

Twelve families mourning because it is too easy for the criminal and the pathological to buy weapons at the local mall??

Whats the point?

"Gun control laws" ??? No!
What Americans need to do now is THINK!!!
Why make murder and mayhem so easily accessible in what passes for civilised society?

Remove all the gun shops since over 99% of the population do not need to carry a gun to kill people with.

Mike if as you suggest Satan is increasing in his activities in society then access to guns should be severely restricted to all sinners. Sooner rather than later!



Importance of Old Testament
Rockingham, Western Australia
Free Reformed Church Rockingham

Play! | More

Andrew Quigley
Real Love Lived!

'One Off Sermons'
Sunday - AM
Airdrie Reformed Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Rob Cooper
Defined by God

A Response to Racism
Collinsville Bible Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Jon Couch
Faith In Christ Alone

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Consider Him

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
The Real Christmas Tree!

Galatians 6:14,15
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Sponsor:
Top 10 Puritan Hare Drive Reviews

Wash­er, Beeke, Bauch­am, Benn­ett, Brown, Price, McM­ah­on, Johns­on, Dild­ay, Menc­ar­ow...
www.puritandownloads.com/bl..

Sermon:
Chosen To Salvation
Ken Wimer

SPONSOR | 3,900+

SPONSOR





                   
None reverence the Lord more than they who know Him best. ... William Cowper

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream

INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.