Did Jesus die for Afghanis or Americans? Dear Pastor, it's heartening to see more support for US' exit from Afghanistan. I believe your position on troop exit is certainly influenced by Mr.Sitton' friendship with you and also by the unsaved service members who lost/losing their lives. As a non-American christian, it's quite saddening and depressing to observe a lack of similar concern for the lives of innocent afghanis who are drone striked or fall prey to aggressive tactics by the US. The US army is not in afghanistan for the protection of ordinary afghanis and certainly not the security of US citizens, quite the contrary, it's being used by extremists to cause more mayhem and devastation to all parties involved. The US govt is playing hegemonistic/petro-dollar politics in the middle-east at the cost of thousands of lives on both sides and unfortunately 'The Church'
has been at best a mute spectator, at worst an enthusiastic cheerleader. Jesus died for Mr.Sitton,me,you and the unsaved Afghanis too, didn't He? Were Jesus to write an email on behalf of the ordinary Afghan citizens against an invading military, would Mr.Young take the same decision?
Dear Max Pope / America Mr.Pope, having read your above comments, I've a few questions.
1. You said that you don't support assassinations and go on to say that 'but Iran has on a daily basis.' Does that mean you are making an exception in Iran's case.
2. Further down the sentence you mention Iran "threatening to annihilate US," but, when has Iran
made such a threat? Please provide evidence supporting your claim.
3. But Mr.Pope why is "Iran is also one of our arch enemies," isn't rampant immorality,arrogance/pride,wars,wall street greed - greater enemies than any external threat that any other country can possibly pose?
4. What makes a country a "rogue nuclear nation," possession of nuclear weapons? Then is America a rogue nation too? Were you offended with the assumption, so would the Iranian people too. When you call names to a country, please remember, you belong to a country too and no nation is devoid of evil, name calling isn't going to help.
5. "Pose a serious threat to the surrounding nations," but, since when has America cared about other nations? the slave trade,the exploitation of latin countries, innumerable wars, using and threatening with nuke weapons (esp D.U.) in Iraq and ofcourse the near extermination of native americans. Your actions speak louder than words.