SITE NOTICE | MORE..Upload Sermons From Mobile! With the 4.0 release of our iPhone App, effective immediately, all broadcasters can now upload audio sermons to SermonAudio directly from their iOS device! Check it out! .. click for more info!
Come on people, if you know your Bible you should not be moved by this: recall Barabbas was more popular than Jesus (Matt. 27:21ff). Even among his own people Jesus was not popular (Jn. 1:11). Even in the church he is not popular (Rev. 2:4). Why then are you surprised? Jesus is always second best to the world and also to religious people. Moreover, he is not in a popularity contest.
Angelo, If you are truly seeking insight into this (revealed) mystery then you'll discover the truth. But if you desire vain contention, then you'll remain in the dark. Your question: "If Hell exists, and God has the power and the desire to notify of this, what's stopping Him?"
Exactly. God has notified us! But would you believe what HE has said?
Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel (euangelion), for the power (dunamis) of God it is unto salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Grreek."
2) the opening clause in v. 26 "so" (Greek "outos" is an adverb which my refer to what precedes or follow. Until this term is understood the meaning of this verse will delude you). If it refers to what follow, then v.26 is telling us HOw "all Israel" will be saved . Through the work of the deliverer. Notiice v. 26 is a quote from Isa. 59:20. Also notice Isaiah says that the deliverer will come TO Zion, while in Romans it says the deliverer will come FROM Zion. We agree thet the deliverer is Jesus. He comes to Zion and He comes from Zion. No contrdiction here. Now Zion can be taken literally or typically. If you take it literally then you disagree with Hebrews 12:22-24. The Church is the New Zion, the New Israel, the New Jerusalem, the New people of God, those of the New Covenant.
3) "Israel is a special people to God."
That is certainly true. But not the Israel you're fighting for. Peter says that the Church is God's special posession now and forever (1 Pet. 2:9).
1) Indeed v. 21 refer to Israel as the natural (phusin) branches not the spiritual (pneumatikos). The spiritual Israel are Jews and Gentiles in Christ (v. 26).
2) "Blindeness or hardening (porosis)in part" does not mean "part of a period of time." Instead it means "part of ethnic Israel"! Paul himself is an example of those of Israel who are not hardened(v.1)
3) Again, the term "and so" in v. 26 means "and in this manner." God saves "all Israel"(His people, Jews and Gentiles in Christ) while others are hardened. Today is the Day of Salvation for both Jews and Gentiles!
Briefly. v. 25 1) "achris hou" should be translated "up to" not "until". Not, "until" and then something else will happen. Rather, "up to" that point.
v. 26 2) "kai houtos" does not mean "and then." That will favor premillenists. Rather it means "and in this manner" or "and in this way".
Therefore all Israel (Jews and Gentiles in Christ cf. Gal. 6:16) are saved "in this manner". A hardening of some Israelites and salvation for some Gentiles. God has always saved His people "in this manner." 'twas no different in Elijah's day. There is always a remnant saved by grace. Israel has forfeited her priveleges. But God decreed it such that Gentiles may be grafted into Christ.
"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!"
"John from San Jose" "Fuzzy logic" "Cooper Hubbel"
I stand 100% with you on this one.
Only those who read Scripture from a Biblical Theological perspective and see Jesus as the fulfillment of all of the promises to Abraham may agree that God is finished with rebellious, unfaithful, national Israel! The so called "Left Behind" has no reliable support in sacred Scriptures.
There is a narrative in 2 Kings 25:22ff about one "Ishmael", a captain of Israel, who murdered Gedalian, the governor of judah appointed by the Babylonians after they routed Jerusalem, and 40 plus Isreaelites. The sequence is also recorded in Jer. 41. I'm contemplating if there is any connection between this event and the VT killer. Unfortunately the Bible is often used by maniacs to carry out their evil plots!
Cindy, I've read some of your posts on this thread and a few of the responses from the men here. Initially, I had no reason to add my vocice to the many conselors, but when after reading your post about the abuse you experience at home, my heart was moved with compassion. I admire your frankness and the way you openly share your feelings. You seem to be someone whom God can use greatly to help other women (and men too) who have been through similar experiences. My only concern is that you seem to get entagle in a cycle of abusive relationships (You may have addressed this previously on this forum). But with the aid of the Holy Spirit and the counsel of a few godly souls, you will continue to become a mighty warrior in the Kingdom. God bless you.
BTW are you involved in any official church ministry?