members, click to sign in..

2,913 active users!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
AUG 30, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -3 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ BENEATH ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon God Hears Prayer | Jonathan Falk
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida
"It's important that we know all the things that go into a good prayer..."
-6 hrs 
Sermon A Sober Warning | Jonathan Falk
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida
-7 hrs 
Sermon Christ Is All: No Sanctification By The Law | David Gay
JamesC from Fallbrook, CA
-8 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 11 user comments posted recently.
News Item3/31/13 2:09 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
John UK wrote:
Why is it so important to you that people on this protestant website acknowledge that there are some of God's blood-bought people within the folds of the RCC?
It isn't! I just came on site with one alternative as you and others seemed to be attacking from the presumption of theological superiority, instead of appreciating God's sovereignty in the saving of the elect wherever HE might ordain they exist.

Indeed one of the commentators below posts from unChristian and satanic insolence. How sad that these religious reprobates fulfil the accusation of Matt 7:21-23.

Remember
Rom 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Lloyd-Jones's point was don't condemn the individual, - But do condemn the RCC "system" and defend from Scripture.

Thankyou for your Christian debate.


News Item3/30/13 5:56 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
John UK wrote:
Sure. If a believer was in the RCC, they would know that everyone else was unconverted, and they would not be able to enjoy any fellowship, because continual arguments would ensue
Your assumption is still that all the elect are theologically proficient enough to discern the vital differences between RCC theology and Reformed.
I guess you must be convinced that God does not save the lesser mortals who do not have the intellectual expertise to perceive the essential polemics of this theological dispute.
Isn't that philosophy from the arminian theory?

Beneath contempt wrote:
Duh! How dumb!
Christians don't use insults like this.
What religion are you from?

Lurker wrote:
Am I to assume, then, that it is your firm belief and argument that the uncorrupted gospel Paul preached, Christ crucified, shines forth from the RCC?
No.
ps: This debate has been about whether there are any of God's elect in the RCC as suggested by Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones.

News Item3/29/13 6:32 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
Beneath contempt wrote:
You think salvation is all about intellect?
No!
But apparently you do.

Frank wrote:
If someone understand the RCC and chooses to stay in it; then they are choosing to stay in Satan's church.
The crucial point I sought to make with John is "understanding."

Are all who claim to be Christians theologically proficient enough to perceive the facts which reject the RCC?

John UK wrote:
I would say that not one RC has the theological savvy to realise that all the doctrines in the RCC are incorrect.
A very sweeping statement John. Can you justify it to yourself?

John UK wrote:
I don't know of any such, nor would I reject them if I did. I would seek to guide them out, though
Thus your point is John that it is possible to find one of the elect in the RCC. And your response would be to "teach" them the reasons for transferring to the "perfect" church for further teaching?

However if they are one of the elect - Do they need to go elsewhere for further teaching?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Remember gentlemen. "Theology" does not save.


News Item3/29/13 12:25 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
John UK wrote:
Is there any reason why
The point I was making John is that not all individuals have the educational discernment to perceive the RCC theological position as ostensibly wrong. Lloyd-Jones statement as to the individual who can be both RC and Christian is a thought provoking one within this debate. The RCC theology is predominantly unBiblical in many areas for example graven image idolatry. But do we have the right to reject a person who attends the Roman church, (or any church) with the dedicated conviction to worship God regardless of the rituals and rites?
Perhaps we are being judgmental where the piety of the person is a simple one and their religion is uncomplicated and elementary. Their place then in the great scheme of things will be as God has provided and we should not judge unknowingly. Even if the RCC does teach false doctrine as you have correctly highlighted, there may be some who listen and fail to discern the error, because they have not heard/received the alternatives. Is that the fault of the person or simply innocent benightedness. We approach here the area of arminian debate whereby we might establish human (educational) ability as contribution to salvation in the "right" denomination?

News Item3/29/13 11:29 AM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
Open reach wrote:
I will ask again:
1. Can Romanism save?
2. Why are you concerned with whether SteveR is right or not, if you are not SteveR and presumably not linked to him in any way?
FYI. 1. It is God who saves.
It is not Romanism, Baptist'ism, Presbyterianism or any other of mans ism's.

2. I merely used Steve's point in the ongoing debate with John.

Lurker wrote:
What is the saving light which shines forth from the darkness of the RCC which brings some members to the new birth?
Christ Jesus is the only "saving light" which saves.

News Item3/28/13 6:05 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
John UK wrote:
It is impossible to "be" a Roman Catholic, and a Christian at the same time.
Ah then you disagree with Lloyd-Jones.

"There are, of course, individuals who are both Roman Catholics and Christians. You can be a Christian and yet be a Roman Catholic. My whole object is to try to show that such people are Christians in spite of the system to which they belong, and not because of it. But let us be clear about this; it is possible to be an individual Christian in the Roman Catholic Church." (Dr. M.Lloyd-Jones)

But your remark above brings us to theology again. Question, Are all of God's elect provided with the theological expertise and intellect to discern the difference between the RCC theological stance and the Reformed one, thus rejecting the one for the other?

Looking back over history we must be realistic about the educational ability or lack thereof, of many in the pews who simply did not have that expertise to apply the theological detail arguement, in order to reject the RCC in favor of Reformed doctrine.

Also is it not logical to assume that this is the case for some today also? Many of God's disciples are not erudite by nature, - Can we claim that God would discriminate against them because of this?


News Item3/28/13 5:03 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
John UK wrote:
John Yurich has expressed a similar testimony, after his response in his brother's evangelical nondenominational church (notice NOT Catholic). It is up to him to "make his calling and election sure", as the Bible teaches us to do.
Ah then that would suggest you "can" accept SteveR's premise that Roman Catholics can be true Christians?

News Item3/28/13 4:36 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
John UK wrote:
If you did not get the drift of it, what I was saying is that God can call his elect no matter where they are, and whatever they are doing. This OF COURSE includes folks who were born Catholics, attend Catholic services
Is John Yurich one of God's elect?

News Item3/28/13 4:05 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
John UK wrote:
Can he call a pot smoker while he's smoking a joint? Can he convert a criminal while he's planning a getaway
I see as per usual you are avoiding the question. Is it too difficult for you?

Lets try it again.
Do you believe it possible that one of God's elect (per Eph.1:4,5) can serve in the RCC, as Lloyd-Jones suggests and incidentally Paisley (his site) agrees with.

Or do you advocate that the elect must demonstrate a specific theological qualification to separate and identify them as saved and going to heaven?


News Item3/27/13 5:43 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
Found you out wrote:
Hey SteveR, you've been busy. Must have taken you a long time to find something like that from a reformed preacher.
Do you believe that Romanism can save anyone?
I am NOT SteveR.

John UK wrote:
I believe that there is a medical condition for someone who has to keep changing his name.
I have only now joined this debate. So no change of moniker here.

Are you afraid to acknowledge as Lloyd-Jones suggests that there may be real believers in the RCC but who may not be "theologically" proficient enough to perceive the errors of Rome?


News Item3/27/13 4:41 PM
beneath  Find all comments by beneath
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
205
comments
John UK wrote:
without a single convert.
John. Do you believe that there are Christians in the Roman Catholic church?

"There are, of course, individuals who are both Roman Catholics and Christians. You can be a Christian and yet be a Roman Catholic. My whole object is to try to show that such people are Christians in spite of the system to which they belong, and not because of it. But let us be clear about this; it is possible to be an individual Christian in the Roman Catholic Church. I am not considering individuals, nor am I considering the matter mainly from the political standpoint. I do not mean for a moment by that that the political aspect is not important. I have just been giving evidence to show that it can be tremendously important. We know the record of the history of this institution, we know what happens politically, we know its claim to be a political power, and therefore even from that aspect it is important. But I am not concerned about that now. That is the business of Christian laymen, it seems to me, and Christian statesmen. I am concerned rather with the spiritual aspect, because that is the thing which the apostle Paul puts before our minds." (Dr Martyn LLoyd-Jones)

www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=lloydjones



Will Your Children Apostatise?
John Pittman Hey
Driving Out the Lord Jesus

Danger of Works Righteousness
Sunday Service
Grace Bible Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Repent or Perish!
Rev. Joel Pankratz

Store Item
Hurting in Hope Audio Book

Alan Lester
Product: Audio Download
Free!

Robert Rubino
Beheading Children

Galatians 4:8-11
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

E. A. Johnston
When Days On Earth Are Ended

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
The Savior of Sinners

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Voddie Baucham on Puritan Hard Drive

"Simply ast­on­ish­ing. Amaz­ing tool. I have enj­oyed my Pur­itan Hard Drive imm­ens­ely."
www.puritandownloads.com/dr..

Sponsor:
Emergency Food USA

Great tast­ing, healthy, GMO free emerg­ency food. Long term food and water stor­age.
www.emergencyfoodusa.com

Event: Counsel the Word Conference
Southern Seminary






                   
He who has no vision of eternity will never get a true hold of time. ... Thomas Carlyle

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.