A prominent baptist pastor's sermon on the President's for gay marriage:
"Our culture long ago embraced ...
1. The sexual revolution of the 60s and 70s ...
2. The idolatry of sex and the diminishing of marriage ...
3. The ubiquity of the birth control pill and the severing of human sexuality from its connection to children and family.
4. No-fault divorce and the idea that we can change spouses like we change sox [sic].
5. That thereâ€™s no difference between men and women, gender is just a social construct that we learn from culture, not something given to us by God at creation.
6. And closely related to this, the idea that gender shouldnâ€™t matter when it comes to human sexuality. And so we have a whole generation of young people who see nothing at all wrong with homosexuality.
No, our cultureâ€™s devolution didnâ€™t begin last month with an announcement from the President. This slide has been a long time coming."
Embracing the first 4 or 5 points, leads denominations down the primrose path to a final acceptance of same-sex marriage and openly-gay pastors -- even by the church -- if it were possible.