members, click to sign in..

4,729 active users!!Bandwidth
MONDAY
NOV 24, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff PicksNew Stuff!
CommentsALL -11 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ WAYNE M ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon The Thunder Of His Power | Pastor William Poss
Gloria Blair from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
"What a awesome holy mighty God we have. Thank you pastor poss for..."
-6 hrs 
Sermon Stop Pretending That You're in Control | Kristopher Schaal
Ashtin Bluth from Apple valley
-6 hrs 
Sermon What Makes a Good Local Church & Christian Part 1 | Dr. Andy Bloom
Alana from Wisconsin
-6 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item2/7/11 12:59 AM
WayneM | northwest B.C.  Find all comments by WayneM
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
11
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
WayneM
I live in an area rife with the kind of attitude you are describing across denominational lines. Please feel free to email me to discuss RC evangelism (especially for prayer, intercession and encouragement), it is one of the biggest burdens on my heart along with evangelism of so called evangelicals who are likely as lost as Roman Catholics.
Thank you dear brother. I will certainly give it some prayerful consideration. I believe you and I have much in common in our desire to witness to RCs and others. I believe this is one concrete way we can serve the Lord and is an area of great need.
May the Lord bless you Michael.

News Item2/4/11 11:20 PM
WayneM | northwest B.C.  Find all comments by WayneM
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
11
comments
We often think living in sin refers unmarried couples living together, but isn't anyone who is not born again, living in sin in the sense their sins are not forgiven?

Second question. I don't get much support in my reformed church on the subject of RC evangelism. There seems to be a belief that there could be christians in the RC church (presumably Roman Catholic christians). Some whom I have talked to seem to think if one considers RCs as not saved they are falsely judging. I wonder if anyone else has encountered this situation. Is the title RC christian an oxymoron? Is it falsely judging to consider RCs in need of salvation or the new birth? Personally I don't think so. Would you ever tell an RC he needs to be born again? Briefly how? Is there an easy way to do this?


News Item1/12/11 1:06 AM
WayneM | northwest B.C.  Find all comments by WayneM
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
53
comments
jpw,

"it was "liberal" politicians who pushed NAFTA which gave international corp's advantages overseas and eventually led to industry being eliminated in America."

I think you might want to re-consider that. NAFTA facilitates billions of dollars in trade between Canada and the U.S.A. every year. This is a major stimulus to both the economy of the U.S. and Canada. The idea of NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) is to reduce or eliminate protectionism between both countries. (Mexico is also in the agreement I believe)

Without the NAFTA agreement, the countries put duties and restrictions on imports and exports. The U.S. obtains a huge amount of natural resources from Canada and Canada in turn buys a huge amount of manufactured and agricultural products from the U.S. This amounts to billions of dollars in trade and jobs. I will say international trade is complex with goods from China, and stores like the Walmart in the picture. But I think we both gain from encouraging trade. Isolationism and protectionism is a bad thing because it may increase the costs and destroy jobs too. Why destroy a good thing that creates jobs and prosperity for both countries?


News Item1/11/11 1:11 AM
WayneM | northwest B.C.  Find all comments by WayneM
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
53
comments
"God from all eternity did, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass; yet so as thereby neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures, nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established." Westminster Confession of Faith III (1.)

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" Matthew 18 vs7


News Item1/10/11 12:25 AM
WayneM | northwest B.C.  Find all comments by WayneM
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
53
comments
Whoever committed this horrendous crime was one sick guy. My deepest sympathy to Americans for this tragic event.

But I must add I don't see how anyone could condone all the suggestive violent talk or signs that has gone on in the name of politics and the gun-toting protesters. It should be completely illegal to walk around carrying guns to political demonstrations. What a sad state of affairs. I think many Canadians must view all this with grave concern.


News Item6/15/10 1:13 AM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
25
comments
This story is shocking. Canadian Forces have lost around 150 men and women in Afghanistan since they first started fighting there. This is added evidence that it is a worthwhile cause. The Taliban are a twisted evil lot that need to be stopped.

News Item4/12/10 7:10 AM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
500
comments
hydraian wrote:
King James bible is old and is out dated. I use the NIV and the ESV. I love to understand what I read. And we don't talk that way any more so our bibles should not read like that any more. There are corrupt bibles but the NIV and ESV are not one of them.
The KJV is old (400 years) but it is still accurate and not corrupt. For an assessment of the NIV and the ESV, check the articles listed on the TBS website.

http://www.trinitarianbiblesociety.org/

Scroll down the page and click on Articles. Then scroll down the articles until you come to the articles on the ESV and the NIV. Worth reading.


News Item4/9/10 1:01 AM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
500
comments
I am delighted to be reminded of the 400th anniversary of the KJV (1611) next year. Sadly, the NIV paraphrase vesion is used almost universally in the Reformed churches in this area. Strangely many still sing the old hymns from a hymnbook which still uses the thees, thous, and thy, but shun the KJV in favour of the NIV.

Survey3/28/10 9:36 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
Wayne M
Wow! How far do you want to go with this? Would you deride sinners as being fully responsible and accountable for all their sins when you seem to be implying God is so directly in control of everything,
Michael,
The answer to this question as to why men are seemly free to choose and yet God has predetermined events beforehand is another of the mysteries it appears is not given to us to fully understand.

Would you concede that there is much teaching in Scripture that shows God is sovereign in the affairs of men and predetermines what comes to pass?

"For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done." Acts 4:27,28

Would you agree that people choose to do evil while at the same time God has predetermined what will come to pass? Obviously this is something we cannot comprehend. We accept other doctrines which we cannot fully understand; why not this one?


Survey3/27/10 10:35 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
Or just a "robotic" elect?
Is the term "robotic" elect an insult to God who "who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will"? Eph. 1:11

Does God permit the universe to run itself as if it is an out of control aircraft or is God in control with an eternal purpose?

"According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord." Eph. 3:11

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are numbered." Matt.10:29,30

Are the free acts of men both free and predestined? "Woe unto the world because offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" Matt.18:7

Are the evil (and good) actions of men predetermined and at the same time freely performed?

Do christians repent, believe, and seek to do God's will because they want to? Is this because God works in them by the Holy Spirit.

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Phil. 2:13


Survey3/27/10 7:23 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
Wayne M
Are you sure about this?
Am I misstaken or are you "Reformed"?
And do not the "Reformed" essentially teach that God is completely and absolutely sovereign in and over all things arbitarily predestines and elects certain ones to salvation because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all the rest He would essentially arbitarily predestinate to the eternal hell.
One Reformed writer says Scripture tells us divine election is not conditioned upon something in the creature, but rather upon something in God. It is the good pleasure, the delight of God, which is the basis of election. Beyond that, who are we to question what or why God does certain things?

The fact is all are fallen and deserving of the wrath of God. The fact He saves even some is due to the mercy and gracious character of God.

"Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth." Romans 9:18

Another Reformed writer says "He will display the perfection of his holiness by wrath against sin in the destruction of the wicked, and he will display the perfection of his mercy and love in saving the elect." Is there anyone who would question the wisdom of God in doing this?


Survey3/27/10 4:35 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
Wayne M, I have to think we miss it if we portrary God as being somekind of arbitary judge who would condemn into hell those innocent of committing sin, who said "the soul that sins shall die" and I stress the committing of sin for babies are indeed born with a fallen sinful nature.
Michael, I do not portray God as some kind of arbitrary judge. You falsely intimate I do.

God could well be saving all infants by His grace, but as has been pointed out, it is still by God's grace and the imputed righteousness of Christ which would be applied to them.

You quote David Cloud as saying God "demands holiness and demands repentance".

I think believers want to lead a life pleasing to God, not in order to earn their salvation, but because they have been saved by the grace of God. So I don't know what your point is.


Survey3/27/10 12:22 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
Likewise I am coming to the opinion some, certainly not all but far too many reject God because He is presented to them in a quite distorted version of who He really is...
Michael,
So you think I am portraying a false God? Remember I never said all infants go to hell. I simply was pointing out what I believe original sin is. I think you immediately jumped to conclusions suggesting I am portraying a harsh, false God. You are very quick to judge before hearing all the facts.

I picked up a pocket book I had last night called "The Bible on the Life Hereafter" by William Hendriksen. Opening it in the middle, I found myself looking at chapter 21 called "Are All Those who Die in Infancy Saved?" Why I would find this is amazing.

It mentions one view is that all babies are innocent. "Original sin" if it can be spoken of at all, is not punishable apart from actual transgression. Since little children are not capable of actual transgression, all are saved if they die in infancy. Many evangelical Protestants hold to this position today. It says "most Calvinistic theologians have held that those who die in infancy are saved". It also says not all Reformed theologians agree completely. There are several different views.


Survey3/26/10 7:18 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
btw IMHO the way some speak of God it is if they would portrary Him as a monster deserving to be rejected and hated by men (IMHO I have to think such portrayals are from Satan, not from an hones humble study of the Word of God), rather than One who is good and ready to forgive and abounds in mercy to all who call upon Him.
Michael, I have to say I find some of your comments a little off the wall and at times somewhat accusatory. This does cause some resentment which I must beg for forgiveness for.

Survey3/26/10 3:48 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Mike wrote:
"All men" includes women, therefore Jesus was not sinless merely because he had no earthly father, for Mary had the sin nature as well as Joseph.
Mike,
I would have to agree with you "all men" includes women.

I may have been incorrect if I said Jesus was sinless merely because he had no earthly father. He was sinless because he was the Son of God who came to earth and was without sin.

We all have a fallen, sinful nature because of the transgression of Adam who was representative of the human race.


Survey3/26/10 12:19 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
Wayne M
Conceived in sin (with a fallen sinful nature) certainly BUT have these little ones personally committed sin?
Michael, Check Romans ch5 again. Vers 12 "by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin". Romans 5 teaches sin and death is passed upon the whole human race as a result of Adam's transgression. It is not speaking about the individual sins which individual people commit. This is referring to the fact that the whole human race receives a sinful nature for want of a better term. It is also referred to as totally depraved or total depravity. Babies are not excluded. All people from the time of conception are guilty in God's eyes unless they have received the gift of grace, "which is by one man, Jesus Christ" Rom 5:15 That is what original sin is. Because Adam was the Federal head or representative of the human race, his first transgression became ours. Similarly if the President of a country declares war, then every citizen is at war because he represents the whole country.

Your comment "Babies are so PERSONALLY GUILTY of committing sin God hates them and Jesus wants them burn in hell forever?" Nonsensical comment. You are trying to use emotion.

Mike, I will reply to you later.


Survey3/25/10 11:46 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
Wayne M
Thought about it?
I maintain that how some teach "original sin" impunes the character of God.
Michael,

Because Adam was the Federal head of the human race, this fallen estate was passed on to all his progeny.

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" Rom 5:12

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come." Rom 5:14

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation," Rom 5:18

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Rom 3:23

"every intent of the thoughts of his heart is only evil continually" Gen 6:5

Man sins because he is corrupt and polluted in every part. (total depravity)

"Behold, I was shapen in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me." Psalm 51:5

Even from conception in our mother's womb, we have a depraved, fallen nature.

This is why doctrine of the virgin birth of Christ is so important. The sin nature is passed down through the Father. Jesus had no earthly father and so was sinless.


Survey3/25/10 12:19 AM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Michael,
You still haven't explained if a baby or child of a christian has eternal life or not before they reach the "age of understanding" and make a profession and receive "believer's baptism"? What happens to them if they die before they reach that point?

News Item3/24/10 2:31 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
7
comments
I am shocked by this. I wish the western governments would discuss this with the government of Pakistan.

Survey3/24/10 2:14 PM
Wayne M. | northwest British Columbia  Find all comments by Wayne M.
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
110
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
My children, yours as well must personally believe in Christ to be saved.
Of course Michael. But what you are not considering is that christian parents are to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. That is the difference between a non-believer's home and a believer's. I think we agree redemption is through the blood of Christ. The Holy Spirit works faith. The children are part of the Covenant as are their parents. You are leaving out the Covenant. This has nothing to do with Roman Catholicism, which you unfortunately seem to see a connection with in this subject.

What is that Covenant spoken of in Genesis 17? It is the Covenant God made which refers to God choosing a people for His own. It is not a matter of the right ritual being performed. Baptism is not just a ritual. It is an important sign and seal which demonstrates that someone is a child of God by faith in Jesus Christ and that they have had their sins washed away by the blood of Christ.

The fact that they are infants does not exclude them from the promises of God. Do children only become christians when they reach a certain age? Do you claim that?

What happens to them if they die before that? There is less comfort in that teaching.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more


Abraham's Life of Faith

Bill Parker
Righteousness & Iniquity, Pt.1

2012 Spring Bible Conference
Conference
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Jon Couch
Faithful In Christ

This Day Ministries
Radio Broadcast
Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
Defending the Faith

Rejecting Atheism
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
If the Lord Will

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Ken Wimer
Chosen To Salvation

Radio Broadcast
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Lowest Puritan Hard Drive Price Ever!

For A Very Short Time We Are Off­er­ing A Shock­ingly Low Price. Click To See How Low!
www.puritandownloads.com/pu..

Sermon:
Psalms 103:1-10
Ken Jones

Sykesville, MD | zip
Liberty Church, PCA

The den­om­in­at­ion of RC Sproul and Tim Kell­er.
www.libertychurchpca.org






                   
To pray without labouring is to mock God. ... Robert Haldane

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.