members, click to sign in..

3,381 active users!!Bandwidth
SUNDAY
FEB 7, 2016
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -1 hrs
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ UNPROFITABLE SERVANT ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon The Second Coming | Dr. Derek Thomas
Aileen Willoughby from Cortez Florida
"Who ever said theology was boring hasn't listened to any of these lessons..."
-6 hrs 
Sermon Learning to Lose or Willing to Win | Darrell Combs
James Branham from Kentucky
-8 hrs 
Sermon Practical Errors With Respect to Sanctification | Arden Hodgins
Lance Wonders from Way of the Lord -- Blaine, MN
-11 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item2/6/16 8:21 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 9 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
144
comments
Geff,

1. In this thread, you acknowledged your comment was too harsh, but unlike Dave who humbly apologized for his statement to you, you continued to falsely accuse brother Lurker. Brother Dave gave you a godly example of walking back his words and apologizing, you would do well to study it.

2. In case you have not noticed, when you make a comment you have an small time period allowed by SA to edit or remove your comment. I trust you are not saying that SA is encouraging slyness, because they are not. So, if Lurker updated his comment you go by the edited version.

3. You were given an example from the Scriptures where God allowed a godly king to be moved by Satan to act in an ill advised manner, for the purpose of punishing His people. Lurker and others have stated that they see God is bringing judgment, that will be through whatever instrument He chooses even if it is Senator Cruz.

4. You say you bear no ill towards Lurker, and now several people are noticing that does not seem to be the case. You now have 4 comments removed by SA because of how you spoke about him. You might want to ponder your heart in this matter.

We will all do well to allow for differences in a kind and gracious way. God bless.


News Item2/6/16 10:30 AM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 19 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
7
comments
The article makes no sense. (apart from a "church" saying God's Word and His order of things is unimportant) From the best I can figure Unitarians practice affusion. So how would the location make a difference for the "transgender" individual?

News Item2/6/16 10:16 AM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 19 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
144
comments
1. I can get comments in from 2 different ip addresses by using my cellphone (not on wireless) for one comment and my computer (tablet) for the other. I am not saying that is what is being done.

2. Lurker, appreciate your graciousness with Geff, will agree with John UK, did not see you lying or changing your position.

3. Geff, it appears that you harbor bitterness in your heart toward Lurker. I pray that I am wrong, but your constant attacks on him tell a different story.

4. Given the long pattern of people posting under different monikers, GS may have jumped to the wrong conclusion but it wasn't like it was an unreasonable thought.

5. Finally, agree with those that say we are heading for the judgment of God and just as He used David to be the instrument of His judgment (II Samuel 24) for His people, He can use whomever wins the White House in the same way.

Ephesians 4:31&32 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.


News Item2/5/16 4:44 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 37 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
112
comments
B. McCausland wrote:
My apologies for this intervention, but it is not sure that the core of your premise above formed part of SC's original remarks.
The original statements pointed to larger accountability/responsibility/guilt on a believer associating with amoral practice, than from an unconverted involved in inmorality.
The reason is that the believer by reason of his new nature in Christ is accountable to godliness; the unregenerated is not. Actually, the remarks did not intent to state exclusion or admitance into heaven by any practice, as this would be a salvation by works. They rather centered on personal accountability. The line of thought revolved around the principle stated in Luk 12:48
"For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more."
The believer is called unto holiness, not the unregenerated.
So, there is not need to provide a verse to support the conclusion stated above.
Just trying to be fair.
thanks for your thoughts, I have already stated I am dropping out from that discussion. God bless.

News Item2/5/16 2:40 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 39 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
112
comments
sc, I see you did not find any verses that show that (as more than one passage teaches about those who practice sodomy) those who have association with people who dress immodestly will not enter heaven . I also know nothing will convince you of that, so I will drop my part of that discussion.

I do wonder about some other things that you brought up. You stated that the two preachers that have messages here on SA more than likely are like you, they have not watched the show. You mentioned some things that allegedly happened on the show. One can only assume, and please correct me if I am wrong, that you got those examples from one of those sermons. Yet, according to someone who HAS watched the show, those statements are inaccurate. Best I can figure from the internet and comments here. the person who is seen in inappropriate apparel was seen so on another show, DWTS, and in a photo from a photo sharing app but possibly not on DD. She, sadly, put out a video putting down those who condemned her for dressing that way and stated that God sees her heart, so it is okay. (proof that her own statement went over her head, because the outward reflects the inward)

Keep up the crusade against immodesty as it is much appreciated.


News Item2/5/16 5:12 AM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 48 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
112
comments
Early start to the day. Just a quick thought. The church at Corinth had many issues including but not limited to carnality, compromise, belief in false doctrines, drunkenness, and lack of spiritual growth. Would someone please point to the verse in either first or second Corinthians (1 or 2 for our overseas brethren) where Paul said they could not speak out against the immorality of their day because of this?

Our lights shine brighter and clearer when we strive to obey and live for God but our sins, which need to be repented of and forsaken, do not silence the fact that we are to shine as lights in a crooked and perverse world to the glory of God.

more thoughts, Lord willing later, and just to stop the accusation I am not saying whether or not Phil Robertson knows the Lord, just saying we should not make up our own man standards to replace God's.


News Item2/4/16 10:41 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 55 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
42
comments
Frank wrote:
Ah Jim, I guess that means you will vote for Bernie instead of Hillary. Bernie would probably agree that if you give thieves more money, they won't steal. Give drug dealers money and they won't sell drugs. And now you are saying that women are such a pitiful group that if you provide them with healthcare and paid maternity leave (I am guessing) they won't commit murder.
What a silly and anti-christian comment.
Good brother Frank, another gem of great wisdom from you.

We have shown Jim that in a survey of woman who chose to kill their babies one of the reasons given that DID NOT make the list was it was due to lack of healthcare or paid maternity leave.

https://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3711005.pdf

But the facts don't seem to matter.


News Item2/4/16 10:11 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 55 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
112
comments
Brother Frank, what a blessing to hear from you brother. You are greatly appreciated and I and others learn much from you.

I believe that all sin is bad. As John Owen pointed out in his treatise on mortification of sin, "There is no man that truly sets himself to mortify any sin, but he aims at, intends, and desires its utter destruction, that it should leave neither root nor fruit in the heart or life. He would so kill it that it should never move nor stir any more, cry or call, seduce or tempt, to eternity. Its not-being is the thing aimed at." We should, as sc correctly states, not wink at any sin or consider anything that caused our Lord to go through His passion (Acts 1:3) as that which can be tolerated.

However, she has stated, twice in this thread and as far back as I can remember, that association with those who dress immodestly is WORSE than practicing homosexuality. Using the verses cited by her, we see practicing homosexuals in the list of those excluded from the kingdom of God. We don't see those who are simply ASSOCIATED (which I agree is not good) with others who are immodest or sexually immoral in that or any list as being excluded from salvation. But I am willing to change my mind if she can come up with a verse that supports her point.


News Item2/4/16 4:12 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
112
comments
s c wrote:
U S,being an instrument of sexual immodesty is a "beam" compared to the "splinter" of sodomy because the one who is pointing his finger at the homosexual is guilty himself of sexual perversion.
Both sins are sexual in nature but the accuser is blinded by his and because he professes to be a Christian,he is a hypocrite and cannot be light to the sinner.
Sodomites don't get the double standard,in case some Christians have missed that.
Again,it's interesting to see how some Christians will compromise or wink at or dismiss what God judges as hetero nakedness but will also be the first to have a problem with homosexuality.
And to the other "anonymous" poster-
Big difference between being in the world and of the world.
Phil is definitely of the world.
Never mind that Christians can witness and be a light without having to roll around in the mud with the swine.
Sadly,some emergent church pastors would consider this an effective way of being "relevant".
Thanks for your response, still waiting for the Bible verse that backs up your position.

News Item2/4/16 12:01 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
112
comments
to sc

Immodesty is wrong. Which Bible verse states that being associated with immodest apparel is worse than being involved in the practice of homosexuality? Using the verse you chose, the association with those who dress immodestly is bigger *a beam* than being an active participant in sodomy *the splinter* One could list several verses that tell us that the practicing homosexual is destined for hell, would you list the verse that tells us that "being associated with those who practice immodest apparel" will do the same? Your "logic" would silence the apostle Paul who said in Romans 7 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me...O wretched man that I am. Who also acknowledges the battle between the flesh and the spirit in believers in Galatians 5. How many brethren would be "guilty by association" by going to a church that has young people show up in less than modest attire despite it being spoken against from the pulpit. Are they to keep silent about immorality in this world?


News Item2/3/16 5:36 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
112
comments
I have never watched the show, so I won't pretend to be an expert on something I never watched. I am not advocating for the show or any of its content.

Here you have an industry that is filled with producers, actors, writers, etc. who blatantly push the LBGT agenda. A friend of mine says there is a "gay" character on almost all sitcoms. (have no verification of that because I don't watch sitcoms) There is even an article in SA that reports the blasphemy of those who are putting forth such vileness in their programs. Here we have someone who is in the industry speaking out against what we are against, sodomite marriage. Now a new standard rises, if you aren't blameless you can't speak against the wrongs in our society. There seems to be a forgetting that all of us are sinners saved by grace and we all have unmortified areas in which we struggle. If we say we have no sin, the Bible says we are deceived.

If he was spreading his false doctrine of salvation, then it should be spoken against. If he was excusing the things pointed out that are issues on the show he is on as unimportant because everybody does it, then he should be rebuked. He is saying that sodomite marriage is wrong and the country is morally bankrupt, can't we agree with that?


News Item2/3/16 5:04 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
19
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Vile File, yes, no doubt that President Obama could probably made a better decision to visit the same mosque as Eisenhower and Bush,
Jim from Lincoln needs to acknowledge that President Obama has been president for 7 years and 15 days and is personally responsibility for his own actions. There is no precedent because no previous presidents went to a mosque with long ties to terrorism. Plus it does not matter what any previous president did better or worse, Obama is responsible for his own actions. Jim needs to apply to this administration the same standard he applies to previous ones, they aren't given any kind of pass due to what others have or have not done.

News Item2/3/16 1:12 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
26
comments
Hopefully he is also praying that God will save him, how many Christians may have wished Saul of Tarsus would meet an untimely demise but God had better plans to stop his assault on the Lord and His church.

As to imprecatory prayers, they are not ruled out in the New Testament

1 Corinthians 16:22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Galatians 1:8-9 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

2 Timothy 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?


News Item2/2/16 12:03 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 5 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
35
comments
Wasn't there a Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke? Who knew those guys were way ahead of their time

News Item1/31/16 6:06 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
237
comments
Geff wrote:
JayJay writes:
Lurker, So let me see if I understand you right. You sit there wineing and lecturing me on how offended you were that I would dare point out the fact you were being spineless in a jestful manner, but it's okay to call all that disagree with you fanatics? Where's your apology?
Thanks JayJay!
Geff, I only address this because it seems like there is a bigger problem.

Multiple choice test. Wife steps on scale and makes a face. Husband says, "getting a little fat are we?"

Which would she accept as an apology

a. I was only kidding, sorry YOU took it personally.
b. If I had known YOU would be upset, then I would not have said it.
c. I am sorry I said you were getting a little fat.

Your post was removed by SermonAudio for being a personal attack, yet you chose to use it in allegation in 2 subsequent posts.

You then had another remark removed by SermonAudio for the same exact reason, it was a personal attack on brother Lurker.

Then you come back and demand what you are not willing to give?

Look at the humility exemplified by TMC and Lurker in their responses to each other, my friend, it is missing in yours.


News Item1/31/16 2:15 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
237
comments
Trumpetsound wrote:
Hmmm...isn't this where it all begins to go wrong for any nation? When believers still vote the Politicians who endorse at least some perversion of God's law?
So that would mean you vote for no one. Why bother to keep up with any political discussion then? just wondering, thanks

News Item1/30/16 8:44 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
237
comments
To II Timothy 3:16, you would do well to study the Scriptures. The Bible says to speak the truth in love. In Eph. 4:29 we are reminded to "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." We are not to be false accusers. For you to say that brother Lurker, whom you don't know, has little value for the lives of the unborn and for women Trump exploits borders on slander.

Support for a candidate is not support for his lifestyle or religious beliefs. More than likely, whatever store you at which you shop or whatever manufacturer of the vehicle you drive has policies promoting the LBGT agenda and no rules against co-habitation on the part of their employees. Because they get your financial support does that mean you endorsing their godless policies?

Tell me, honestly, does this sound a tad proud to you

you were unable to answer my questions (he said he wouldn't) I am glad I was able to debate you, I did all I could

Brother Lurker is a godly man who studiously studies and lives the Scriptures. All of us would do well to learn from him. You don't have to agree with his political choices but you don't have demean him because he doesn't see things your way.


News Item1/30/16 7:04 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
237
comments
Trumpetsound wrote:
There is a history of those making such a profession (the papal loving Bush?), even Obama says he is a Christian of some sort. Maybe Christians should stick to the good news of the gospel and not just vote for the best of a bad bunch, unless amongst that bunch there is indeed a 100% proven genuine believer who has the proven credentials of leadership and Christian character to match? Voting for Caesar (dictator) dressed up in a Christian suit might be politics to some, but it ain't wise as you may not recognise the real Caesar until it is all too late
And one as believer voted for such??!!
I apologize for not understanding why you responded to my post the way that you did. I don't remember saying anything about any candidate being or not being a Christian. Our country needs the gospel, Christians should be diligent to give out the gospel, would to God we had a majority of people living here who were born-again blood bought believers!! Nevertheless, our country is supposed to be based on the Constitution not the gospel. The ability to freely share the gospel w/o persecution will be greatly curtailed by the continuation of the LGBT, pro-Muslim policies that Hillary clearly supports.

News Item1/30/16 6:34 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
237
comments
TMC wrote:
lending my name to an evil man who mocks Him.
May you have a Blessed Evening!
Thanks for your clarification and your gracious response.

God bless.


News Item1/30/16 6:24 PM
Unprofitable Servant | TN  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
237
comments
Geff wrote:
U S,
I appologized for any hurt it may have caused him. Though, I do believe that people who don't stand for principle, instead standing for convenience are spineless.
Geff, your apology was for Lurker's response to what you said, not for what you said. Then you still managed to get your little jab in. Brother, you seem to have a higher regard for your posts than you do for the brethren who post here.

Do right, your "candidate" only gets that list of things if we abolish congress and shut down the judiciary.

TMC, please bear with me I will need to read what you said, thanks.

The next part of my post is not with any specific person in mind but a general comment of the thread.

If you believe that righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any person (Proverbs 14:34) but you willing choose to not support the person who best exemplifies that in a presidential election, then you are voting by your action for reproach and that which causes the people to mourn (Proverbs 29:2). You are choosing to love yourself more than your neighbor (Mark 12:31) who will suffer due to your inaction. You are guilty of what Paul condemned, doing "good" that evil may come. (Romans 3:8)

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more



Don Bell
The Book of Life

Revelation 20:11-15
Sunday - AM
Lantana Grace Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Battling Self
Arnold Brevick

Dr. Ralph Sexton, Jr.
Faith Over Fear

Trinity Baptist Church
Sunday - AM
Play! | MP3

Pastor Cory Griess
The Origin of Marriage

The Covenant and the Family
Calvary Protestant...
Video!Play! | MP4

Sponsor:
Carolina Theological Seminary

Earn your degree at home on your sch­ed­ule! Aff­ord­able dist­ance learn­ing educ­at­ion!
www.carolinatheologicalsemi..

Sermon: Obeying God Rather Than Men
Ken Wimer

SPONSOR | 11,200+

SPONSOR




                   
The best tact in soulwinning is prayerful contact. ... Anonymous

Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal


MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
BlackBerry | Win
Apple Watch
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BW
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us!
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Support Us | Testimonials New!