members, click to sign in..

4,579 active users!!Bandwidth
FRIDAY
JUL 25, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -10 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ UNPROFITABLE SERVANT ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon A Forgotten Verse! | Ron Johnson
alana from wisconsin
"excellent message;thank you and God bless!"
-5 hrs 
Sermon Western Christians Don't Understand Gaza/Israeli... | David McManus
Rebecca from Singapore
-7 hrs 
Sermon The Rise Of Islam | Interview With First Class... | Dan Roller
Elihu Eli Johnson Jr. from Ohio
-7 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item7/25/14 5:53 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 10 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
31
comments
pennned wrote:
Unprofitable Servant, how you can turn that statement into a statement of hate is beyond me. only in your mind.
Pennned, you are a dear sister in the Lord. I value you and what you say. I also know that you agree with the general jist of what the post said. However, just because he/she says those that don't share his/her beliefs don't love muslims and want to see them saved doesn't make it so. The brother/sister basically condemned those that don't hold his/her viewpoint as being false brethren destined for an eternity in hell. That would be the fate of false teachers. So, forgive me if I don't feel the love because he/she added a line at the end of his/her rant.

News Item7/24/14 10:52 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 17 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
94
comments
P.o.t. my apologies, hope we can continue this tomorrow, God willing.

Bible says, thanks for you admonition to stay humble and contrite. I have no desire to come across as arrogant. Btw, check out a Catholic doctrine website, or a Mormon one, you know what you will find, a doctrinal statement, followed by Bible verses they say backs up their statement just like any other confession of faith.

I appreciate P.o.t. not using the WCF to respond to my comments. The Bible says we are to study to show ourselves approved unto God a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth, not the WCF. I am sure that many scholarly men drew up the document. They did, however, come to the table with theological presuppositions of their day and training. Some of those do not match up with Scripture. This is not a discussion I wish to delve into as it has had life in many previous threads and just seems to alienate those who wish genuine fellowship and have yet to see anyone change their position. It is a flawed document made by flawed men. It has many good things in it, but it does not deserve the elevation to the level equal to Scripture that some have given it here.

My goal is to bring glory to God and to edify the brothers and sisters here.


News Item7/24/14 7:36 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 20 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
94
comments
PursuitofTruth wrote:
UPS,
None of these verses are quotes from The Westminster Confetion of Faith. Now why don't we see if you can answer with something from scripture that supports the contrary: that God doesn't reign soveriegn over all of His creation. I'd love to see you try to do it.
Hey, P.O.T., thanks for your response, even though I did not ask you a question. If you look at my response to Tel G one of the first things I established was God's sovereignty and quoted the verse in Daniel, not sure if you noticed that. So, I never said that God does not reign sovereign over all His creation. It is in Him we live and move and have our being and as Daniel said to Belshazzer it is in His hand our breath is.

God is omniscient so He knows everything that is going to happen before it happens. There is a difference between that and stating that He makes everything happen the way it happens. Lord willing will reply more later, thanks.

Also, thanks for not quoting the WCF in your response.


News Item7/24/14 5:54 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 22 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
94
comments
Tel Gersene wrote:
..
WCF 3/1 "God from all eternity did, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass"
WCF, definitely the final authority for faith and practice. In fact I am going put scenarios for you to answer. I say you can't answer me without some WCF quote but we will see.

Let us set the ground rules, not questioning God's sovereignty, heartily acknowledge Daniel 4:35 "And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?"

However, if God ordains whatsoever comes to pass, then you make Him the author of sin.

The guy with the lustful look is only doing what God ordained Him to do. The verse that tells us to make no provision for the flesh to fulfill the lust thereof should be ripped out because we have no choice in the matter. The Christian who waste hours in front of the tv is just doing what God ordained him to do. There is no need to pursue holiness because if we do or don't isn't within the choices we make, it is just what is ordained by God to be done by us. Can think of many more but OOC.


News Item7/24/14 4:03 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 23 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
31
comments
JoJo, you would do well to redirect your anger at dispensationalist to your hatred of the Jewish people. Look in the New Testament at passages like Matthew 2:2,6; Luke 2:32; Acts 11:19; Romans 1:16; 3:1,2; and Romans 9-11 (see 11:18) and note our Lord's attitude toward the children of Israel. You cannot say it was spiritual Israel because in most cases the passages speak of unbelieving (National) Jews. You can't term them judiazers because they are not making an effort to convert Christians to the Jewish religion .

You lump all American churches into one group and obviously ignore many who post here who don't believe in dispensationalism and don't like Jewish persecution of Christians.

To the Maybe poster the correct spelling is missile.


News Item7/24/14 9:41 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 30 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
14
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Greatest thing since sliced bread, ACA also known as the original GOPcare. ...
Jim, why do you choose to give credit to a party you disdain for a program you love? Especially considering the program in place was only voted for by democrats, and all Republican amendments were blocked or rejected. One would think you would be elated to give credit to your party of choice. Please no links, just an answer from you. Thanks.

News Item7/23/14 8:19 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 55 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
14
comments
It is too late, Obamacare is already devastating!

News Item7/23/14 5:32 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 58 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
22
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
UPS, there are many small companies that can't or won't provide healthcare.
Jim, I will fault myself, because you obviously missed my point. You quoted what I would deem three unreliable sources, a lesbian (don't know why she is a more credible source than the John Birch Society). the AARP (who stands to make a lot of money via Obamacare and I thought you were against greed) and a NYT article put out before Obamacare became law. (they definitely don't believe honesty is the best policy, more like the ends justifies the means) I am still waiting for the links that show the accuracy of your 7/21/14 1:43 AM post with its broad generalizations. Also, still don't see why you would think the government forcing their view of morality is better than Christians voting for people who support their view of morality. Remember, government funded equals taxpayer funded, the government has no money except what it takes from it citizenry. Thus the term government funded healthcare is a lie, it is paid for by the funds they confiscate from those who produce. Finally, it is not the job of ANY company to provide healthcare for its workers.

News Item7/22/14 2:20 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
22
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
.. thus costing the country and the workplace quite a bit of money. .
Just trying to understand your post Jim. You are saying that there is a problem that according to you is costing the country and the workplace lots of money. So, I am running a corporation, and I have something that is costing my company lots of money, however if I invest in my people (who are working to make me more money) I will ultimately save cost and make more money, but I don't want to that because it also benefits the people who are working for me???? You link to a lot of things on the net, can you link to a corporation that states they are against preventative medical treatment? Maybe there is an article that shows many workers suffering from illnesses because the company they work for discourages preventative medicine. Companies don't exist to provide jobs. Companies don't exist to give benefits. They exist to make a profit. If they don't make a profit they go out of business (unless they can get you and me to pay for their failure) If providing jobs with benefits assist them in that goal, then they hire workers and provide benefits.

News Item7/21/14 8:04 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
24
comments
Sorry to hear about your loss, Nat

News Item7/20/14 10:14 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 5 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
22
comments
Jim,when the government is dictating their moral beliefs, that employers must fund access to 20 government approved contraceptives, or for that matter that it is the employers responsibility to provide healthcare benefits to their employees, don't you think shows the inadequacy of the their moral view? Shouldn't Christians be supporting righteous legislation because the Bible says righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.

The current on going push to make man the measure of all things and to say there are no absolutes is being accelerated by those in Washington. The desire to enslave people into a system where no one is responsible but all are victims who can't help themselves is not only what Strat has been trying to point out, but is unfolding before our very eyes.

Sad thing is Jim, the very group you despise is trying to put on the brakes and very group you think highly of has the pedal to the medal.

Perfect government will only happen when the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our Lord. Pointing out political failures has its place but there is clarion call to humble ourselves before the God of glory and petition Him who rules the kings heart, to exalt His name in our midst, whether it be by life or by death.


News Item7/20/14 5:28 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 5 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
22
comments
Interesting discussion. I always thought my older brother's life verse was Psalm 69:8. I mean he has to be from another planet, he dislikes cats and can't stand chocolate.

News Item7/19/14 7:08 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 6 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
59
comments
John Yurich USA wrote:
I am not the one who is demented. The poster from Nebraska is for not comprehending when to legally refer to a father and son as Sr. and Jr.
John Y, appreciate your desire for accuracy, wish it carried over into the practice of your religion. It is not uncommon for people to call the son of a dad junior as a nickname even when they don't share the same name. In Jim's world it is a term of derision, in the real world most people use it as a term of endearment. Try and look at it this way. Jim's about to make an inaccurate statement about George W Bush, so he lets people know that at the start of his comment by referring to him inaccurately as junior. You know what follows is also a misrepresentation and distortion. Hope that helps.

Also, you would do well to stop the needless name calling and put downs of your perception of other people's level of intelligence. We all can say what do we have that we have not received and why would we glory as if we had not been given it.


News Item7/19/14 6:57 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 6 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
47
comments
pennnned wrote:
"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new."
Revelations 21: 2-5
Thanks for sharing the verses they are a blessing, what great things lie ahead for the redeemed.

When I stand before the throne,
Dressed in beauty not my own,
When I see Thee as Thou art,
Love Thee with unsinning heart,
Then Lord, shall I fully know—
Not till then—how much I owe.

When the praise of Heav’n I hear,
Loud as thunders to the ear,
Loud as many waters’ noise,
Sweet as harp’s melodious voice,
Then, Lord, shall I fully know—
Not till then—how much I owe.

R M McCheyne


News Item7/19/14 6:49 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 6 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
18
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Ah, lady and gentlemen, I think this URL will clean up the first one I had, ...
So you think we should be take the word of the propagandist who put out the curriculum (they couldn't even get the educators they had to sign off on it) over the folks in the field who are actually having to deal with it. No wonder you think Obamacare is a good idea.

Good link brother Mike
great comment sister jpw, appreciate you

Thanks for posting Ellie, great perspective


News Item7/19/14 6:29 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 6 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
47
comments
pennned wrote:
I'm stuck half way through the first question. How did the Palestinians take land from the Jews? Can you find this in the bible? Have you read the history of that time?
Pennned not enough characters for clarification, sorry. My purpose is not to start an argument. So, lets throw out the first question as nonessential and not pertinent to the discussion, thanks.

News Item7/19/14 12:06 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Posted 6 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
47
comments
pennnned wrote:
some of my dearest friends have been dispensational...
Pennned so why do you think the Palestinians deserve the land, would they not have had to taken it from the Jews many centuries ago? Do you think the Jews have no right to defend themselves against their own destruction? (see book of Esther) Do you think the Hamas, who produce suicide bombers, send countless missiles indiscriminately into Israel and are classified as a terrorist organization are more compassionate than Israel? Do you believe as long as Palestinians build hospitals and assist their own it is fine if they kill and maim others? But it is wrong for Jewish people to protect their people? Would it be more accurate to say you despise dispensationalist and that is the source of your anti-Israel stance? Maybe you are palestenian? Maybe your sources are deceiving you?

Hamas' 1988 charter states that Hamas "strives to raise the banner of Allah over every inch of Palestine. (wiki)

see also

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/1022/time_to_air_muslim_violence_against_christians

Why do I ask, because that is how you come across and I just want to make sure I am not misunderstanding you.


News Item7/18/14 6:25 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
8
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
The judge, typical Baby-faced Bush appointment.
Jim, have proven time and time again Obamacare did not originate with Republicans

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/a-brief-history-universal-health-care-efforts-in-the-us

Also, SCOTUS, did not say Obamacare is founded or funded by taxes they said IT WAS A TAX and thus it was legal. ---no matter who originated it (even if as you allege they stole it from the republicans) we only have it as law now because democrats and ONLY democrats voted for it, and they have gone on record, thanks to the republicans, of having wanted it over 50 times---

We have noted before that AARP has an over 2 billion dollar gain from the unAffordable unhealthy nocare Act so is not a reliable source.

Then you hit the wrong link in you final words of the post it should have been

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-18633641

And I don't mind helping you keep these things straight.


News Item7/18/14 9:54 AM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
20
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
...
Ups, I don't know if I remember how to spell Konradiff Wave it really depends on what part of the economic cycle you are in on how taxes will affect the economy. in an expanding economy, lower taxes will help the expansion more so, and actually more money might be taken in. The super rich are outside that cycle I would think, and should be taxed more heavily--all the time.
Ok Jim we just quoted from Huffington Post, so your kind of source, that the top 10% of wage earners pay SEVENTY percent of all the taxes. What amount do we need to raise that to so that they are paying their "fair" share in your opinion?

News Item7/16/14 10:20 PM
Unprofitable Servant | Georgia  Find all comments by Unprofitable Servant
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
160
comments
The sands of time are sinking, the dawn of Heaven breaks;
The summer morn I’ve sighed for—the fair, sweet morn awakes:
Dark, dark hath been the midnight, but dayspring is at hand,
And glory, glory dwelleth in Immanuel’s land.

O Christ, He is the fountain, the deep, sweet well of love!
The streams of earth I’ve tasted more deep I’ll drink above:
There to an ocean fullness His mercy doth expand,
And glory, glory dwelleth in Immanuel’s land.

The King there in His beauty, without a veil is seen:
It were a well spent journey, though seven deaths lay between:
The Lamb with His fair army, doth on Mount Zion stand,
And glory—glory dwelleth in Immanuel’s land.

O I am my Beloved’s and my Beloved’s mine!
He brings a poor vile sinner into His “house of wine.”
I stand upon His merit—I know no other stand,
Not even where glory dwelleth in Immanuel’s land.

The Bride eyes not her garment, but her dear Bridegroom’s face;
I will not gaze at glory but on my King of grace.
Not at the crown He giveth but on His pierced hand;
The Lamb is all the glory of Immanuel’s land.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more


Citizenship In Heaven
Dr. Greg Harris
But I Have This Against You

The Book of Revelation
Sunday Service
Lake Hills Community Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


Russ Sukhia
Nature of God, Pt 6 (Revised)

The Nature of God (Revised)
Liberty Church, PCA
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Pastor Alfred J. Chompff
Vipers Seek For a Sign

Reformed Bible Church of S. CA
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Why The Church Quit Preaching

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Transcript!Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
Underground Church In America

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
1517 All Over Again!

Galatians 2:11-20
Fellowship Baptist Church
Play! | MP3

Blog 7/24/14
Vile and Full of Sin Am I, Thou Art Full...

New York Gospel Mission
som­et­imes i am amazed at the way things work out for...

Sponsor:
Perfect Fulfillments Of Prophecies!

The Rise & Fall Of Islam, & the Papal Ant­ichr­ist, For­et­old In the Book Of Rev­el­at­ion!
ow.ly/zvwsg

Sermon: The doctrine of the Atonement
Rev David Silversides






                   
The covenant is a rocky foundation to build on for life or for death. ... C. H. Spurgeon

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.