members, click to sign in..

3,327 active users!!Bandwidth
FRIDAY
APR 18, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -5 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ STEVER ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon the Hebrew Roots of the Four Blood Moons | Mike Hoggard
Barbara Hughes from Roswell, NM
"Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all your time in research. I try to..."
-2 hrs 
Sermon Hoarding isn't Holy | J. D. Hatfield
Paul Dickinson from Inverness, Florida
-3 hrs 
Sermon The Blessed Restrainer | Dr. Greg Harris
Jennifer from South
-6 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item4/8/14 11:52 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
151
comments
GSTexas wrote:
Delores writes:
If we are predestianed to be saved or not saved, then what's the point of praying for the lost?? Witnessing to the lost?
Since we cannot know who is elect or not, we need to preach the gospel to all, so that God can call his elect.
Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they had not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they had not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?"
Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
Amen

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. ...

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1 Corinthians 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.


News Item4/8/14 8:51 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
151
comments
From the transcript

DR. ALBERT MOHLER : "I think Calvinism is probably about as countercultural as anything you could imagine in secular America, or secular-rising America, because Calvinism, by just its very nature, gets right to the reality of the one, true, and living God."


News Item4/7/14 1:04 PM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
368
comments
Exemption wrote:
They are exempted from the law by the Abrahamic covenant, the law being 450 years after. After all didn't Abraham lie with impunity?
430

Galatians 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.


News Item4/7/14 10:59 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
368
comments
Lewdale wrote:
SteveR. Note how in history God has used Calvinism to teach, edify and illuminate His true Church. The Protestant Church. Even ordaining the Reformation to bring His people out of the heresy of Rome. As CHS teaches Calvinism is the Gospel. So I do not accept that using the term Calvinist for Jesus will upset Him.
Lewdale
I am solidly in the Reformed Faith, however I saw that title & conclusion as use of our LORDs name in vain.

It is my opinion

Please accept my apology if you believe otherwise.

May the LORD Bless you and your family to grow in our rich faith.

SteveR

Numbers 6:24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: Numbers 6:25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: Numbers 6:26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.


News Item4/7/14 10:16 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
368
comments
Lewdale wrote:
Here is an illuminating article to read...
"Was Jesus a Calvinist?"
"So I ask you, have you experienced the invincible attraction of the Redeemer? Have you been entranced by His beauty? Have you been so drawn to him that you invest your all in Him?? (John Murray, 'The Father's Donation', in Collected Writings of John Murray, 4 vols. (Edinburgh: Banner of Truth Trust, 1976), 3:207). If so, you may be assured that the Father has given you to the Son and that the Son has given himself for you. Therefore, he has drawn you with an everlasting and efficacious love. Therefore, you have abandoned yourself to him in faith. 'This is why his attraction has become irresistible and you have fallen in love with the Savior of your soul' (ibid.).
My conclusion: Yes, Jesus was a Calvinist!" (Sam Storms)
http://www.samstorms.com/all-articles/post/was-jesus-a-calvinist
Exodus 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

News Item4/7/14 8:42 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
12
comments
Christopher000 wrote:
These Christians have been put under the watch and authority of often just one Church in their village by the KING of KINGS LORD of LORDs...
So, the Lord established His Anglican church, a cross between Catholicism and reformed protestantism for His people there? That's what the Lord set up to watch over them? So, the Lord, from before time began, has never been concerned what His people are taught, as long as they are members of a church? By the way, how do you know what they have available to them within a reasonable distance? Not everyone in Africa lives under a tarp in the jungle.
Ive been to Africa, have you?
Ive been to their homes, sometimes only 20 sq ft, just enough for a pot to boil food and benches to sit & sleep. Ive been to Masai Villages where their whole day is consumed driving their livestock to an area that has had rain recently. Ive fished side by side w/villagers we helped receive equipment to process & sell their catch. have you? Ive been to the cities where worship is AT 4 OCLOCK AM before the workday and they CANT WAIT to go and worship. For them the CROSS is real salvation, their only hope, not a trinket to cloak wickedness on demand like Michael and John UK are doing now on another thread.

News Item4/6/14 6:37 PM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
368
comments
ladybug wrote:
Steve R,
I won't waste time arguing with you, nor will I let your criticism and continued attempts to belittle everyone on these boards who doesn't think exactly as you do bother me.
Those of us who have the Spirit know where our learning comes from, we know who receives all the glory for the truth revealed to us as found in holy writ.
I will say, you are an example of what the 'Reformed' religion looks like - very cold, very arrogant, and mean-spirited. 1 Cor. 13 comes to mind. No one cares for a clanging cymbal, most will tune out nerve-wracking noise. It doesn't sound like your 'religion' has much of an impact - too annoying and over-bearing.
2 Timothy 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

2 Timothy 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Im sorry
Your foolish reason to despise Reformed Theology because some call it 'Calvinism' brings verse 6 above to mind.


News Item4/6/14 6:20 PM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
368
comments
ladybug wrote:
Actually, we should despise Calvinism. The Bible doesn't call us to follow men now does it? Did the doctrines of grace originate with John Calvin or Jesus Christ? Should Calvin be entitled to any credit or share in God's glory? It seems to me too many have made Calvin their 'idol' and lash out at those who dare expose their 'golden calf'.
John UK, bless you for saying 'I talk of Jesus, not the men who brought me to Jesus.'
" I am the LORD; that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise unto graven images." Isaiah 42:8
To worship Calvin is comparable to the RCC worship of Mary; idolatry is alive and well within the Reformed camp. May the Lord search hearts, may repentance be wrought, may there be a forsaking of and fleeing from idolatry. May Christ rule and reign supremely in the hearts of His people. God forbid He be forced to share His throne with Calvin, Luther,
Hey Einstein
Jacob Arminius was a man too

You sound so incredibly foolish rejecting Reformed Theology affirmed at Dohrt because some people call it 'Calvinism.' Im so happy that my brethren havent made such desperate & foolish attacks like yours, 'Duh, Arminism should be despised because its named after a man.' {shaking head}


News Item4/6/14 5:31 PM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
18
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Sorry to hear that Jessica My church has been accommodating to the handicapped. It has signing for death for years.
"It has signing for death for years."

Prophetic


News Item4/6/14 2:21 PM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
26
comments
avidreader wrote:
2nd rate!?! America was a growing country with people that knew the value of hardwork! It is a well known fact that greed only leads to more greed...these people think only of themselves and the rich that support their greed...like they tell the poor and working class, learn how to live within your means.
2nd rate as a world power

At the time we were a decentralized agrarian society with a weak central government. I dont find it surprising that a Congressman could be a part time profession. However today, being the worlds only superpower with a strong central governement, its clear we need FT representatives.

btw: When you say 'hard work,' you must mean allowing slaves to do the hard work also. When you say greed, you must include those founders who enslaved other men for gain.


News Item4/6/14 10:16 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
18
comments
Stevenr wrote:
And good luck taking the Lord's Supper.
No need for that iphone app

Ever seen the apple logo? The bitten fruit? Many people already have the AC Euchrist imprinted on their phones and computers

Genesis 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.


News Item4/6/14 9:19 AM
SteveR | Mt ZIon  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
368
comments
SF from TX wrote:
I find the words of Elijah in 1 Samuel 3:18 comforting- "....And he said, It is the Lord: let him do what seemeth hin good." God is good, holy, just, and so much more. He'll always do what is right regardless if we understand or not. That is extremely comforting.
I felt it was quite prophetic that SF quoted Eli in this thread about Calvinism and Arminism and the children that stray from the truth

1 Samuel 4:18 And it came to pass, when he made mention of the ark of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck brake, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy. And he had judged Israel forty years.

1 Kings 2:27 So Solomon thrust out Abiathar from being priest unto the LORD; that he might fulfil the word of the LORD, which he spake concerning the house of Eli in Shiloh.

1 Samuel 2:12 Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the LORD.


News Item4/6/14 9:13 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
26
comments
Duh wrote:
Man needs justification for his corruption?! If paying a fantastic salary makes one a hard worker then the very richest in the world must be the most conscientious and hard working?
What planet do you live on?
Unlike you, Politicians dont give away their wickedness for free

News Item4/6/14 9:05 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
12
comments
get real wrote:
so this is how the daughters of the whore mother have the blood of the saints on their hands, and by being a part of any denomination you are indeed a part of mystery babylon ...
what denomination was Jesus?
Please remember people, these Christians dont live in America. They dont have a car where they can drive to one of 20 different Churches in their municipalities. These Christians have been put under the watch and authority of often just one Church in their village by the KING of KINGS LORD of LORDs. Just because you are bigots against that Church, hardly means these people arent Christian
.

The LORD has established HIS Church there to watch over HIS people, so please dont try to puff yourselves up because you think your denomination is so much better


News Item4/6/14 8:58 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
26
comments
Mike wrote:
You implied that an "unfair" wage may lead to corruption. I'm not sure there is good reason however, to suspect it is a greater temptation for a fed rep to go corrupt due to wages paid, than for a state rep to do so. Unless you're saying being in Washington is intrinsically more corrupting, than say, Albany, and we can pay them enough to purchase their honesty.
I dont feel the low wage will lead to corruption, but rather has led to corruption. If this continues, we will become more of a banana republic each term. Man is a fallen creature and will seek personal gain, the low wage gives him that justification. Our Reps are accountable to us at the voting booth, yet they actually represent a handful of special interests. Why? Because the voting public doesnt care as long as they get what they want. If they actually represented the people, we wouldnt have a 17 trillion dollar debt.
Unless we can get voter participation to New Zealand type levels, we must consider a change in compensation. A change where the politician relies on the public for ALL his compensation, rather than the current supplements from special interests

News Item4/5/14 12:53 PM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
26
comments
GSTexas wrote:
Steve,
I see the point you are making. They should be paid a salary that is an incentive for the best and brightest to seek such a position of great responsibility. At the same time, they shouldnt be paid so much the wealth and power goes to their head. Since $174,000 is heads and tails above the average American, I am inclined to think they are making quite enough. I admit I could be wrong, so perhaps you are right.
imo GS

Our reps are so interested in awarding big contracts to their financial contributors(lobbyists), the taxpayer or their salary doesnt play a significant role in choosing the profession for most. Those that are qualified for these difficult jobs and want to be honest will probably pursue other paths with the current low salary


News Item4/5/14 11:51 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
26
comments
GSTexas wrote:
Steve,
How is making $174,000 a year equal underpaid? What they make has nothing to do with their corruption, its their thirst for control and power. Considering almost none of them really uphold the constitution or represent the American people, they arent even worth a dollar a year.
If we are going to attract the best and brighest for these important positions, we have to pay a salary that reflects the responsibilities. Trusting men & women with the authority over trillions in expenditures and American lives then nickel and diming them on their market value is the 3rd world path to an unqualified or corrupt government.

I would suggest their market value is in excess of $250k


News Item4/5/14 10:44 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
368
comments
AZ wrote:
"But unto the wicked God saith,What hast thou to do to declare my statutes......
"Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit".
"Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God."
So let us hear the conclusion of the matter.
"REPENT THEREFORE OF THIS THY WICKEDNESS,AND PRAY GOD, IF PERHAPS THE THOUGHT OF THINE HEART MAY BE FORGIVEN THEE".
You and I can not be reconciled

Psalms 26:5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.


News Item4/5/14 10:20 AM
SteveR | Mt Zion  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
368
comments
AZ wrote:
Hey Chris...steveR and his "religious" crowd are known in most circles as the "frozen chosen". How aptly named and on display for all to see!
Nothing frozen here

Ezekiel 9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Ezekiel 9:5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

Ezekiel 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Ezekiel 9:7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.


News Item4/5/14 9:03 AM
SteveR  Find all comments by SteveR
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
26
comments
avidreader wrote:
American leadership first began with people who had regular jobs and and were not career politicians. I say clear the whole lot of the rich career politicians and elect some people with regular jobs who understand besides a trip to Washington, food and shelter they will not be paid.
In 1800 we were a 2nd rate country of only 5 million people
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more


Healing for the Wounded
Andrew Quigley
Why And How To Keep On Going!

'One Off Sermons'
Sunday - PM
Airdrie Reformed Presbyterian
Play! | MP3 | RSS

Conscience
Dr. Curt D. Daniel

Pastor James Mansfield
The Cross of Christ

Bethel Baptist Chapel
Sunday - PM
Play! | MP3

Noel Bhatti
What Would Judas Do?

Passion Week 2014
First International Bible
Play! | MP3

Rev. Rodney Kleyn
Weep Not for Me but Yourselves

Covenant Of Grace Protestant
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

E. A. Johnston
The Price Of Calvary

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Special Meeting
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
Our Lord's Grave

Gospel of John
Shreveport Grace Church
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Bob Vincent
The Administration of Evil

The Unseen War
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/sw..

Sermon: You Don't Need To Repent...
E. A. Johnston






                   
Souls in heaven are more holy but not more secure. ... Robert Murray McCheyne
Site-Wide RSS & Podcast | Help
Select Podcast Format | Help

HTML Embed | More
Flash Widget | More
Our Staff Picks | Info
Featured Sermon | More

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
ROKU TV
Kindle Reader

FOLLOW
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
HELP
RSS & Podcasts
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Favorites
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

NEWSLETTER
View Latest Issue
Subscribe
Unsubscribe | Change
Privacy Policy
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
QR Codes New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes | WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | API | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.
Our Services | Testimonials New!
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads

CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.