members, click to sign in..

5,423 active users!!Bandwidth
MONDAY
JUN 29, 2015
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff PicksNew Stuff!
CommentsALL -13 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ QUERY ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon When America Turns into Sodom | Kevin Swanson
Lady Day
"we aren't SODOM....YET.... until all true Christians leave the..."
-1 hrs 
Sermon A Doctor Bullied out of Harvard's Hospital | William J. Sturm
Jon from wisconsin
-1 hrs 
Sermon God is the Eye Witness | Bro. Jeremy Holden
Melvin Box
-3 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 55 user comments posted recently.
News Item2/10/15 8:46 AM
query | here  Find all comments by query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
287
comments
rev. 17:3b ...I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication

News Item9/22/14 4:52 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
92
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
I guess I will just have to simply go with what Jesus said, and let you all experts in religion figure out how to nullify Scripture with your "scholarly interpretations" to exempt yourselves from obeying God.
Nothing to do with scholarly interpretation, but everything to do with honoring the Bible as the infallible word of God which cannot contradict itself.

Have you ever studied the subject of forgiveness in any depth? If not, you might wish to start with something as simple as a short blog post here . Or for a longer consideration of the subject, you might try a book by Jay Adam titled From Forgiven to Forgiving.

Every blessing.


News Item9/22/14 3:58 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
92
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
Query (any other monikers?)
Remember forgiveness is not same as reconciliation
Mark 11
25 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have ANYTHING AGAINST ANYONE, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26 BUT IF YOU DO NOT FORGIVE, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
I don't know about you but I don't want to ever forget:
By your interpretation you make the Bible contradict itself, and make void all the passages that speak of accountability/discipline etc.

News Item9/22/14 5:00 AM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
92
comments
Dolores wrote:
Spiritualdwarf, I agree with your post about forgiving and moving on. Forgiveness is something you make a decision to do. It's because I have been forgiven by Jesus for sins I have committed against him that I can forgive. David understood this when he committed adultry and murder. Against you and you only oh Lord have I sinned. Sometimes you have to pray for God to help you to forgive. He wants us to do this in order that no root of bitterness spring up to trouble us. Everything He tells us to do is for our own good. You don't have to like the person or even be friends to forgive them. Jesus prayed on the cross, Father forgive them for they know not what they do. He died for us even while we were his enemies. Because I have been forgiven much, then I can forgive other's their trespasses against me.
Where is the command for us to forgive an unrepentant sinner? Even God does not forgive an unrepentant sinner.

Penned hit the nail on the head in her comment to spiritualdwarf!


News Item9/21/14 6:14 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
92
comments
Mike wrote:
Just wondering- Is it correct to assume the two or three witnesses should be different people, not the same person with two or three different names?
What you infer, you know that for sure, or just conjecturing?

How about Lurker, Dorcas, Troll Spotter, MS, penned, Which Version, Christopher000, Not a fan, Not duped by Dopey etc. Are they all the same posters?


News Item9/17/14 10:02 AM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
152
comments
John Yurich USA wrote:
For your information it was under the prompting of the Holy Spirit that I embraced Jesus as Savior during that Altar Call. My Born Again Non Denominational brother accepts that I am saved. My brother is a better Christian then you and almost everybody else on here will ever hope to be.
How do you know it was the Holy Spirit? How do you know that your brother is right? We only have your word that he is a better Christian. And if it is so, why not just talk to him and get off posting your nonsensce on this site?

News Item9/16/14 12:39 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
17
comments
didactics wrote:
I guess what you are saying here Michael is that the Lord is failing in His duty to save the elect, some of whom you can obviously perceive are not being saved???
Perhaps you should complain directly to God that He is not achieving the levels of conversion and saving which you consider to be essential to your standards of building the church.
BTW
For your edification:-
Q73: How does faith justify a sinner in the sight of God?
A73: Faith justifies a sinner in the sight of God, not because of those other graces which do always accompany it, or of good works that are the fruits of it,[1] nor as if the grace of faith, or any act thereof, were imputed to him for his justification;[2] but only as it is an instrument by which he receives and applies Christ and his righteousness.[3]
1. Gal. 3:11; Rom. 3:28
2. Rom. 4:5; 10:10
3. John 1:12; Phil. 3:9; Gal. 2:16
When was the last time you were obedient to the great commission? Last time you prayed for anyone with concern? Do you even know what the word 'concern' means? Or, does your election make you dumb and feelingless?

News Item9/12/14 5:48 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
68
comments
didactics wrote:
The WCF does not work against Scripture - But WITH Scripture.
What then accounts for your ignorance of the Bible? How can you be so familiar with a human composition and so ignorant of the Word of the living God?

News Item4/11/14 11:56 AM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
151
comments
Can someone who is a Calvinist please explain the following verse to me:

Jeremiah 32:35
And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

How can God say "neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin"?

Firstly it does seem to run counter to omniscience, and then since all we can ever do is sin, for the Lord to be surprised by a sin, seems, well, surprising.


News Item1/8/14 5:04 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
97
comments
by the Book wrote:
Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
# Did God break this promise?
Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
# Note "God will establish"
# Note "Everlasting Covenant"
# Did GOD lie about the "everlasting" status of HIS promise/Covenant?
10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
# Note "My (GOD's) Covenant therefore OF GRACE ALONE.
# Note Command to Keep thus obeyed by God's people alone.
# Note Covenant to KEEP is between God the disciple AND THE DISCIPLES CHILDREN.
They who reject the Covenant God made with HIS people - Are not HIS people.
So your answer to my question is?

News Item1/7/14 6:15 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Unprofitable Servant wrote:
Query, I guess I have as much proof that is was books about the sacred text as you do that it was not. So let me query, query or others. Are you saying that good Christian books should not be read? Are you saying that the writers were violating Scripture because they were not redeeming their time by writing books? Are you saying the Holy Spirit can only show truths to one person at a time and what others gleam from meditation cannot profit us? I actually have more questions but think that is a fair start to make sure we are on the same page. Thanks for your responses.
UPS

Other books have a place. My worry is people spend a disproportionate amount of time reading these (because they want to be spoonfed) and they neglect their bibles. The result? They can quote their favorite authors but find it difficult to use the Word of God to answer questions. I think this is particularly the temptation in Calvinistic churches.

The thinking Christian is fast disappearing as a result.


News Item1/7/14 6:05 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
97
comments
1. Of which covenant was circumcision a sign? The covenant of grace or law?

2. If you answer grace, I have a hurdle for you to climb. Will explain more once I receive an answer.

3. If you say law, then do you admit that the Abrahamic covenant was a legal covenant?


News Item1/7/14 5:06 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
1517 wrote:
Calvinism and Armininianism do not. Just one (Calvinism) explains it better...jab, jab, nudge, nudge.
Like Baptist Covenant theology explains things better too, but you choose the Presby version.. jab, jab, nudge, nudge.

News Item1/7/14 12:27 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
1517 wrote:
Lurker,
Your questions are legitimate and should be taken seriously. God's spirit is in every true believer, we both affirm that, but, God uses men to teach. Because the Spirit is in the believer, the proper teaching will find that person, I believe it. This certainly does not reduce the essential need for prayful reading of and meditation on the Word itself. When I realized I was born again I listened to different teachers from differing theological perspectives. As the Lord lead by His word and Spirit I began to understand the difference between the good, the bad, and the ugly. It is a wonderful circle of grace. God gave man his word, teachers present the word, people are saved by that word, filled with the Spirit began to recognize the the truth in other teachers, and praise God for both the Word and the teaching. Glorious, merciful, condescending God he is to us!
Lurker

Brilliant question!

One wonders why the Lord didn't just write a list of recommendations!

1517

So if someone dies a convinced Arminian, you don't believe they are saved?

UPS

Re: the parchments - what evidence do you have that his reading was even connected with the Scriptures? After all in one place he quotes a Greek philosopher!


News Item1/7/14 7:56 AM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
1517 wrote:
Query, or Observer, or Batman,
What a mighty jump you make to somehow refute what is clearly in the Bible by implying I am Romanish in my beliefs. Yes, the Bible is a confusing book to those who are perishing and those who are babes in the faith, hence the NEED for biblical TEACHERS. The Ethiopian was confused while reading Isaiah. Does the passage in Acts read that he gave it moment, re read the passage and it came to him. Or, does it read that Phillip was there to TEACH what the passage meant. What about Apollos in the same book. He was zealously preaching the word, but had a few things mixed up.,What happened? He was sat by a wise Christian couple. Your childish personal attacks are futile, doesn't edify anyone. God uses men to teach, encourage, exhort, and explain. That IS simple to recognize for the believer.
Query here. If you want to address someone else, you will have to wait for them to appear.

He had not heard of Christ or his sufferings and as an unconverted person he struggled with that one text in Isaiah. This was explained to him, he believed, was baptized and sent on his way to Ethiopia. Did Philip forget to mention that he should not travel to Ethiopia because there are no qualified teachers there?


News Item1/7/14 7:06 AM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
1517 wrote:
Lurker,
The word of truth was PRESENTED to you by those who God used as teachers. The while Bible is filled with God using the "foolishness of preaching" to reach his people. What does it matter if it is in book form? Your logic does seem to imply that any man can pick up the Bible, without a teacher or fellowship of believers, and can come to a proper understanding of the Bible. We need teachers and should revere the work of God in Godly men. The problem of division will never go away this side of heaven. But, listening or reading Godly men is commanded because God is the one who filled them with His word.
The Bible is such a confusing book! We might as well have it in Latin, and let the Roman Pontiff decide for us what we should believe!

The poor Ethiopian Eunuch, once he believed was sent on his way back to his own country with no guarantee of a teacher. Appears that God's providence didn't know what 1517 knows! How does God manage without your expertise?


News Item1/7/14 7:03 AM
Query | Answered before  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
97
comments
1517 wrote:
..you ignored the holy scripture that I presented..
12/28/13 6:40 PM Observer wrote:

Much is being made of "of such is the kingdom of heaven".

Matt 5.3 says, "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Comprehension is a real problem for dumb people. So let's make this real simple. This means either:

1. Every person who is poor in spirit is heaven bound, or

2. Not every person who is poor in spirit is heaven bound, but heaven will be populated only of those who are poor in spirit.

Applying similar logic to the words "of such is the kingdom of heaven", the 2 options are:

1. That it is speaking of all children. In which case they should not narrow the meaning to believers children!

Or

2. That heaven will be populated with those who have a child like spirit (not a childish head like Presby!)

That the second is the correct interpretation is confirmed to those who care to hear what the Bible has to say by the 2 parallel references in Mark 10.14,15 and Luke 18.16,17. Here the Lord explains what he meant by adding, "Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein". Of course it follows that some children will be be there if they receive it!


News Item1/7/14 5:24 AM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
97
comments
We must discard the simple for the complex. The words cannot be allowed to stand because we have a way of explaining them away to make it somehow consistent with our view even if it means inverting the wording and making both members of the Godhead seem ignorant! Never once must we think that perhaps our theology is wrong and that there is another and better to understand it that lets the text stand as it is!

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved..."


News Item1/7/14 3:29 AM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
97
comments
1517 wrote:
I would remind you that scripture does not contradict, which I assume you know
So you really do believe that The Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit did not know what they were saying, and you're here to make their statement consistent with the rest of God's revelation. Thank you. That's really good to know that we have in the church such capable fellows like you.

News Item1/6/14 6:27 PM
Query  Find all comments by Query
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
97
comments
1517 wrote:
Wording in Scripture does matter. Plus, you can't merely say someone is manipulating something like the scripture without presenting proofs. I am not a presby, but am a Christian who focuses on the object of the seal ( regeneration) than on the symbolic seal.
Why is comprehension such a big problem in some quarters?

Go back and read my first post and then read our interaction through again. If you read with your eyes and mind, you might just discover the proof that you seek.

You invert the order of the wording of the commission with your theological belief and think that this is not a problem because you can accommodate infant baptism? Oh, please!

Got to go. I will call in tomorrow to catch your answer.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3


Todd Nibert
A Message for Sinners

Romans 10:9
Sunday - AM
Todd's Road Grace Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Douglas Salyer
Exposition - John 10:22-31

Exposition of John's Gospel
Princess Chapel Church
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Douglas Salyer
Exposition - John 10:12-21

Exposition of John's Gospel
Princess Chapel Church
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Bob Vincent
Lot City: Unbridled Sensuality

Bible Characters
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Robert Rubino
America: Gay, Proud, & Thirsty

Church Of The Living Dead!
Fellowship Baptist Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Kevin Swanson
Supreme Court & 'Gay' Marriage

Will Christians be Persecuted?
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Phenomenal Software!"

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

Sermon: Creationism Losing in Schools
Kevin Swanson

SPONSOR | 2,100+

SPONSOR




                   
All that Adam lost, Christ recovered. ... Alexander Simpson

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook New!
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile
Apple Watch New!
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword New!
JSON API New!

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2015 SermonAudio.com.