members, click to sign in..

5,180 active users!!Bandwidth
SATURDAY
AUG 1, 2015
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Webcast LIVE NOW!
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -1 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ MIKE ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon Two Types of People You Meet on Earth | Christopher Campbell
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida
"This message points out the vast difference between the righteous man and..."
-19 hrs 
Sermon Why Christ Would Die for Us | Dr. Dan Olinger
Carl E from Australia
-20 hrs 
Sermon Graceism Part 2 | Greg Locke
H Hudson from Deerfield Beach, Florida
-21 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item8/1/15 7:43 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 9 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
126
comments
"The head of a British victims advocacy group believes that the way to end the increase in knife-related crimes is to teach people how dangerous it is to carry blades."

Who listens to this rubbish? Men without chests?


News Item8/1/15 7:34 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 9 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
423
comments
John UK wrote:
---
Now we all know and agree that in the evolution theory, the main thing missing from their argument is called The Missing Link, namely, where are the fossils or any sort of evidence linking the old form of life with the new? There aren't any, because evolution is nonsense. The Bible makes that clear, and I believe the Bible.
Now apply that to copies from the autographs. If those (corrupted) mss called Vaticanus and Sinaiticus were genuine and accurate copies of the autographs, WHERE are the copies of these mss? Hmmmm? Eh Jim? How come there are only a handful, instead of thousands and tens of thousands? You'd have thought that Almighty God would have ensured plenty of copies of the genuine article. So where are they?
I tell you, they are called the Majority Text, because there are thousands of them complete, and tens of thousands of fragments.
I would not have much problem believing if the Vatican had a genuine manuscript, it would be in their best interest to see it hidden. Why would they want any copies to be made?

News Item7/31/15 6:26 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 22 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
20
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Because it does take people minds of such things as abortion or Islam's Global War against Christianity. This dentist makes way too much money, Cecil the lion backlash: Where is dentist Walter Palmer?. Why the reaction? Remember David's reaction to this?
2 Samuel 12
4 "Now a traveler came to the rich man, And he was unwilling to take from his own flock or his own herd, To prepare for the wayfarer who had come to him; Rather he took the poor man's ewe lamb and prepared it for the man who had come to him."
5 Then David's anger burned greatly against the man, and he said to Nathan, "As the LORD lives, surely the man who has done this deserves to die.
6 "And he must make restitution for the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing and had no compassion."---NASB
Once again, you show there are many paths to Wonderland, Jim.

News Item7/31/15 4:44 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 24 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
20
comments
The concern for the lion has been emphasized because of its timeliness. The heading of this news item is self explanatory. It was either this, or perhaps some new disease outbreak might have been found.

News Item7/31/15 2:21 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 26 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
5
comments
Wayfairer pilgrim wrote:
An apology is not an excuse for breaking the law. Have the commissioner answer to who gave the orders to harass conservative groups and either ask for a special prosecutor or send findings to grand jury.
He's probably more sorry they got caught. That's why there is no call from him to get to the bottom of it. It's nice he said it was "totally inappropriate" but did anyone hear him say "It won't happen again"?

News Item7/31/15 9:58 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 31 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
23
comments
SteveR wrote:
I just read the US Justice Dept is going to investigate a MN dentist that illegally killed a lion in Zimbabwe. Mind you, Zimbabwe will allow killing lions if you have a permit, but it seems the dentist killed a famous lion without his safari operator getting the correct permit. (translation, the operator pocketed the huge fee and didn't cut the govt officials in)
---
What I wondered is what has any of it to do with the US Justice Dept? If a crime was committed in Zimbabwe, it's their business to deal with it. Near as I can understand, the dentist didn't break any American laws.

News Item7/29/15 6:58 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
48
comments
Brother Saint Elected Elmer I wrote:
And I got some ocean front property for sale in Berlin, Ohio for a great low price.
---
If you can find a low price property in Walnut Creek, that would be more to my liking. Too noisy in Berlin,

News Item7/29/15 4:43 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
48
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Mike just because "A" happened before "B" doesn't mean "A" caused "B" There was an example in my old college logic book, where a primitive tribe beat drums every morning before sunrise to make the sun come up. We would know better, they might have known better if they did a little experiment to see if beating drums would stop the sun from going down. One of the problems with "science" (religion) of clinical psychology they are a great believers of anecdotal evidence. It --might-- lead to correct speculation, but then it might very well not. Yellow fever wasn't caused by night air or contaminated garments but by the mosquito.
---
I like chickens, especially banties. Keep them healthy.
Not relevant to ignoring evidence on the basis that it has been defined by the profiting community as anecdotal. It's still a numbers game, i.e. if there seems to be benefit, it must be good for all and therefore made mandatory.

I raised chickens and the Hamburg banty that came as a free one with an order was nasty, and dumb as a stick. Anecdotal evidence, I guess. Enough that I would never have them around again after I ended his miserable existence.


News Item7/29/15 3:09 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
48
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
---
Besides not being scientific, anecdotal stories hits one in the gut, as one has to sympathize with Barry of Kentucky. But, generalizing from the specific to the general is dangerous.
---
There is no "but." Denying what actually happens because it isn't "scientific" is more than dangerous, it's ostrich-like. Not to leave out it isn't science anyway. Research, as you might know, often determines what research funders expect to be found. Like global warming as example. Plug in the predetermined data, lo and behold the computer model manufactures the expected results. And this brand of politics is called science. Medicine man politics is a numbers game, where the specific is ignored because it can be buried in the general. There isn't anything truly scientific about it.

News Item7/29/15 7:40 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
423
comments
Observer wrote:
Good morning to you John.
The question is a tricky attempt to sweep the textual issue under the carpet. One could with equal validity ask what impact the false teachers of the early NT church had on you personally, and if you answer none, then the question is why were the NT writers so concerned to preserve the Revelation given to them by God? Duh! It's because they fought to preserve the truth that you're not affected!
And lest we forget, the following verses from Rev 22 could be directly applied to the whole science of modern textual criticism, or as I prefer to call it "unholy hands on God's Word":
"..For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
I have no "tricky attempt" relationship with John UK, he's one of the few I trust, knows that and won't be misled. So for my edification, which of the questions 7/28,2:51 I asked him falls into this range of deviousness?

News Item7/28/15 7:41 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
19
comments
p. these ill people may have to find an ill judge to decide which of them is less ill

News Item7/28/15 7:32 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
423
comments
John UK wrote:
---
Now Mike, if you will recall and put those grey cells into action, you will remember that several years ago I said that the strategy of the devil was long term concerning Bibles. The RV of 1881 was a very bold move, but very few realised the significance of it. Since then, it has taken a very long time to make any more bold moves with the Bible, indeed it has been a little here, a little there. You will remember that I said the NIV was a mere stepping stone to bigger things. And what do we have now, in the TNIV? And what will we have in ten years time, twenty years time? Will there be a Bible at all? Oh yes, so long as we have a TR Bible.
______
John, since I have not experienced the same things as you have, such as the pew bible different than the preacher's, it might be more useful to me if you could personalize your position. If you would not mind, go back to my questions earlier today. Thanks, bro.

News Item7/28/15 7:21 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
9
comments
s c wrote:
---
Most people agree that murder is wrong too...and a vast majority of them are agnostic.
Rejoice that some of the brethren in Christ use discernment.
The agnostics would as you say agree murder is wrong, but is isn't likely they would call it sin.

News Item7/28/15 3:02 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
9
comments
Wayfairer pilgrim wrote:
African culture has had situations which lent itself to homosexual rape or incest, it is a health issue and a sin problem. Africa has been decimated by HIV, they do not need our presdent destroying them anymore than they already have by war, famine or disease.
He's pro-death, so he's merely acting it out.

News Item7/28/15 2:54 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
19
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Oh, and I might add, Rendering To Caesar---A Biblical Perspective On Government Think before you act
You're talking advice to the president, right?

News Item7/28/15 2:51 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
423
comments
John UK wrote:
I wish I could find a KJV-Onlyist on this forum, I'd try to put him straighter.
In ignorance of the textual issue, after my conversion I read the NIV for nine years and the NKJV for a further nine years.
The NKJV was a Study Bible. It purported to be translated from the same underlying texts of the KJV translation. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but I knew no different, and I would guess that the majority of Christians know no different. This is why I believe this topic is important, and should be aired regularly.
About 2001, I was using the NKJV, thinking it to be reliable and safe. But some believers in the know, pointed out to me the margin notes. And hey, look ye here, what do we have in the margin notes of the NKJV Study Bible, translated from the Majority Texts?
Ohhh, wonder of wonders, the magic words "NU" and "most ancient manuscripts"!
---
Bro John, were you converted via the KJ then for some reason switched to the NIV and NKJV? Are you saying that for 18 years, you grew not at all from studying out of the latter two? The Holy Spirit was stymied by versions? Were you becoming less indwelt, or a voice for ecumenism? I'm just curious how this ignorance of the textual issue worked negatively in your life.

News Item7/28/15 7:16 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
423
comments
Christopher000 wrote:
---
Jim, I haven looked into them just yet. Afterwards, someone mentioned the Westminster bible from TBS, labelling it as a bible for grownups. I'm not sure what that means as far as being different, but plan on checking on all three. I'm assuming by "grownups", well studied, mature Christians was meant bht not sure. I picked up a hard cover of Annuls of the World by Usher. I don't believe that a specific date can be put on the beginning of time, but it's quite the work/volume.
Christopher, I might suggest that their use of the term "bible for grownups" includes a bit of version pride. Of course, Jesus has a different view of how it all works:

Mark 10:15
"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein."


News Item7/27/15 3:57 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 5 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
423
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Ah, the joys of Google speech recognition SteveR! "ante" should be "anti" Oh, and I should point out
Take America back from tyrannical English Kings! Giving God's Word Back to the People--King James's Authorized Replacement. It's no doubt obvious to these folks you're anti-American if your using the KJV!
But Dorcas, does Ovaldal dislike the Geneva Bible the first Study Bible, Actually the main Bible has modern English spelling, the various marginal notes not so much so.
Anyway, the John MacArthur and Ryrie Study Bibles get high praise, since both men especially John, have the correct theology.
I must say, it's impressive watching you have so many lines in the water at the same time, Jim.

Frank, I promise not to respond to your post.


News Item7/27/15 3:16 PM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 5 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
21
comments
The State of Kentucky has not been given authority to establish what is sin or what is not. Therefore whose conscience would be bothered by ignoring it?

News Item7/27/15 9:13 AM
Mike | New York  Find all comments by Mike
• Posted 5 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
17
comments
John Yurich USA wrote:
It certainly is a possibility that God has let bird flu into the United States to produce a shortage of eggs as a judgment upon the United States for supporting abortion, homosexuality, artificial birth control and every other perversion under the sun.
Kind of like when a judge in New York or a president in Washington makes a corrupt decision, and a tornado goes through a trailer park in Kansas.
Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more



Richard Warmack
The Lord MY Shepherd

Studies In Psalms
Sunday Service
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


Lin Brown
Rest at the Throne of Grace

Grace Particular Baptist
Sunday Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Warren Sprouse
Psychology v. The Bible

Part Three [Sep't 2002]
Bible Forum
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Rev Malcolm Watts
Has God Preserved His Word?

Northern Ireland Meetings
Trinitarian Bible Society
Play! | MP3

Sermon: Rejection of Biblical Marriage
A. Boyd Miller IV

SPONSOR | 700+

SPONSOR




                   
Give what Thou commandest, and command what Thou wilt. ... Augustine

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile
Apple Watch New!
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting New!
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations New!
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2015 SermonAudio.com.