Sinners are disgusting vile wretches and the beauty of the incarnation is that Jesus actually entered our sinful world to rescue us. Homosexuals need Jesus, but you don't treat them as less than you are. Are you praying for their souls or being God for swift judgment?
I honestly haven't read anything by Van Til, but I've listened to a number of his lectures through SA. But I'm reading through Schaeffer's "the God who is there" and if you're familiar with Schaeffer's work, you'll be well prepared to give Van Til a listen...though some of the audio is poor due to the time.
Van Til taught alongside J. G. Machen, but you might be more familiar with one if their students: Francis Schaeffer. Presuppositional apologetics focuses on personal worldview bias that precedes the interpretation of facts. So Nye presupposes that man can be reasonable and that this material world is all we have and can know about. And so Nye interprets the world this way. Bringing up evidence contrary to his opinion won't address his presuppositions. ...as for Gordon Clark. I'm unfamiliar with him. I'll check him out.
What an encouraging message. This is a great sermon to remind the church how faithful, powerful, merciful,
gracious, and wonderful the
LORD is. My family is thankful for the ministry of this church and we pray that God will continue to bless His work there.
JSC wrote: Unprofitable I haven't responded because unfortunately matt hasn't given any biblical support for driscol's antics outside the obvious matt likes mark. Matt...
I moved to a computer...
1. My original post was made for the sake of those who see someone else shake their head at someone and then shake their heads without any investigation. If you investigate and conclude something, I'm glad. Even if you differ.
2. As far as biblical support, to my knowledge, he is orthodox in his teaching of God and of Jesus. And also to my knowledge, he meets the biblical qualifications of elder.
3. As far as me not answering direct questions, I did ask a qualifying question about Driscoll's affirmation of Jakes as a Godly man...whether he commended the man or his teaching (I think there is a difference)...but you didn't directly answer.
4. The radio question...it was obvious Mark was frustrated, but he didn't cuss at her or say something offensive...I don't know how I would've reacted in the same situation...where I'm called to talk about the content of my book and then get blindsided with an accusation of plagiarism.
5. I'm confused as to when I didn't speak truthfully...?
6. I tried to be encouraging and edifying, yet it's not...
I believe Dr. John refers to himself as Johnny Mac in a rap mix some studentsmade at the Master's college.There should be due process forlaw breakers. And they should accept verdicts. I do go back to, if they are Christ's and you sent that they are His are you not presuming upon Jesus work?
Lurker, fair correction. Thank you. He's not a liar at least in that.
Here's to the millions of saints that have died by persecution for the sake of Jesus that I'm not worthy to wash their feet because I live in rich comfort. Those are my leaders I hold in reverence. Calvin was used by God, but He also used a donkey. We will glory Jesus in salvation or destruction.
I hear you SteveR. I'm ok with either conclusion. There are only few hills I would willingly die on.
JSC, I appreciate the conversation, but I have to get back to my house rehab lol. We could go on and on about that specific interview or a million other things thanks to the interwebs, but bottom line I just wanted to try to help edify Christ's church and present some decent rebuttal. If I failed, eh, so be it. Jesus is King and before His law, all mouths are stopped. (I'll read replies, but not sure if I'll respond)