members, click to sign in..

4,885 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
JUL 31, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -26 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
Photos
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ LURKER ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon Commands to The Unable | Gary Shepard
Scott from Texas
"Praise be to The Lord for this message. Concerning salvation, 'with man it..."
-12 hrs 
Sermon Burning An Image Never To Be Erased In Your Mind | Jason Cooley
Lanka from Canada
-12 hrs 
Sermon Can’t You See the Sign? | Pastor Andrew Webb
Mac from Va
-13 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item7/28/14 10:18 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John UK wrote:
Well of course a saved person is saved from the future wrath, he could hardly be saved from something that isn't here yet.
Paul wasn't talking about just anyone at any time, John. He was talking about himself and those he was writing to at that exact point in time.... the same time "the wrath of God is (present tense) revealed from heaven" (Rom 1:18). That's the wrath Paul is talking about being saved from.

But I'll relent. You're a brother, we use the same bible, so you can decide for yourself if Paul was talking about being saved from the then present wrath or their future glorification according to Reidhead's rendition.

"4) The Future Tense: I shall be saved, from the presence of sin ... glorification."

James Thomas wrote:
Reading the next two verses validates what you are saying about Romans 5:9. The same melodic flow of "what was" being compared to "what is, and what will be".

For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. (Romans 5:10-11 )

Thanks, James. Much appreciated.

News Item7/28/14 3:07 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John for JESUS wrote:
Lurker...
For the record, I don't equate regeneration with salvation. Salvation is being saved from the wrath of God and the judgement of God. The term regeneration is used once and in the verse speaks of the washing of regeneration by the Holy Spirit. I believe that means the Holy Spirit in dwells believers, placing them in Christ which makes them righteous before God and results in their eventual salvation which they now have in Christ.
That's good to know. If I misunderstood you I apologize. I'll have to go back and check out your posts tonight to see what happened.

. . .

John bro,

Along with my last comment and Rom 5:9, keep in mind Rom 1:18, a present reality when Paul penned his letter to the Romans. That's what he and his fellows looked forward to being saved from.

Gotta go till tonight....sorry.


News Item7/28/14 2:22 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John UK wrote:
Ah well, I'm not alone, brother.
Barnes has for Rom 13:11:
The word “salvation” has been here variously interpreted. Some suppose that by it the apostle refers to the personal reign of Christ on the earth. (Tholuck, and the Germans generally.) Others suppose it refers to deliverance from “persecutions.” Others, to increased “light” and knowledge of the gospel, so that they could more clearly discern their duty than when they became believers. (Rosenmuller.) It probably, however, has its usual meaning here, denoting that deliverance from sin and danger which awaits Christians in heaven; and is thus equivalent to the expression, “You are advancing nearer to heaven. You are hastening to the world of glory. Daily we are approaching the kingdom of light; and in prospect of that state, we ought to lay aside every sin, and live more and more in preparation for a world of light and glory.
Quite a variety of interpretations and a probable. I prefer this one since it comes from the same book and timeline as Rom 13:11...

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Notice the future tense of "we shall be saved"

But that's just me expecting scripture to interpret scripture.


News Item7/28/14 1:02 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
24
comments
Jessica Dawson wrote:
Think not of the doctrines of men, embrace Christ Jesus and The Holy Scriptures — then if a man's doctrine matches your doctrine, it will be because their doctrine is in line with The Scriptures, and is according to God's will through The Lord Christ Jesus.
1 John 2:27
Well spoken, Jessica.

News Item7/28/14 12:46 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John UK wrote:
It's all a bit beyond me bro. But I would think that if Paul had died just after his baptism, he would have gone straight to heaven. But you say he was not saved yet?
p.s. I think it unwise to refer to regeneration as it is hardly mentioned in scripture, compared to the use it gets here, i.e. regenerate/unregenerate.
I say it because Paul wrote it... not only of himself but of all he was writing to. And your surprise should tell you something about the meaning you've attached to the word "saved".

These sticky little details all require a scriptural answer to be able to comprehend what was going on at that exact time and refusing to deal with them doesn't make them go away. Romans 13:11 is every bit as much the truth of God as any other verse and it is our responsibility to God to deal with it. If we fail to do that then what differentiates us from those who cherry pick and prooftext to shore up their pet doctrines while ignoring everything which proves them faulty? The bible is an organic whole, not a collection of disjointed parts, and no part of it can be left out and still represent the picture God originally portrayed.

Gotta go, John. God bless.


News Item7/28/14 12:08 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John UK wrote:
Faith in Christ Jesus crucified and we ARE saved. It is a present possession.
I don't know where Lurker is going with this.
Sorry for any confusion, John. I'll try to explain.

J4J was attempting to prove that his faith was his own by equating regeneration with salvation. I said there was no biblical warrant to do so, that they are completely separate terms with separate meanings and Michael popped in and launched a verse to prove I was wrong. To defend my assertion I quoted the following:

Rom 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

When Paul penned this letter he was a believer, had been regenerated according to God's promise in Deut 30:6, received the Holy Spirit at the hand on Ananias but he was not yet saved. Further, I gave the reason why Paul was not yet saved, when he actually was saved, what he was saved from and the reason why. I went on to say that salvation was immediate once the day of salvation aka the accepted time had commenced. See 2 Cor 6:2 cf. Isaiah 49:8.

I could write a book about all the prophecies which came to pass beginning with Paul's calling on Damascus Road. I'm amazed they go unnoticed by so many.


News Item7/28/14 12:41 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John for JESUS wrote:
1)I called you a liar? I believe where there is smoke, there is fire.
2) Yes, but not as you think with the Jews replaced forever. All Israel will one day call on Jesus and therefore be saved.
3) Why when you just did? lol. Deut. 7:7.
4) Funny how the curses are about the nation and the blessings about Christians!
1) You don't believe me when I say I don't hate the Jews or deny their right to defend themselves. In fact I admire their restraint and measured responses in the face of what they are presently dealing with. How else should I interpret your replies?
2) When did I ever assert replacement theology? Believers are and always have been Jews and the Israel of God and, indeed, all believers will be saved whether Jew or Gentile.
3) Ha! It doesn't say what was asserted. "But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers..." Far cry from the hogwash assertion.
4) Eh?

It's been fun, J4J, but I'm checking out. Nighty night.


News Item7/27/14 11:44 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John for JESUS wrote:
He has since posted that he was accused of it before. Do you suppose that is for a reason?
Falsely accused, J4J. So now your calling me a liar as well?

Your first proof of anti-Semitism:
Mat 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Deu 32:21 They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

Did it not happen exactly as both God and Jesus warned?

Your second proof of anti-Semitism: Provide a biblical text which bears out what was asserted which I called hogwash.

Deu 7:7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. (That's Israel J4J, not just Jews)

You're in a hole, J4J. The first thing you should do is stop digging


News Item7/27/14 10:47 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
Oh Dear Poor Pitiful Lurker
You worked hard to loose my respect for your scholarship, but you did, even going so far as to malign those who take the Bible literally
So politely "no"
Cute!

If I understand you correctly, you want the freedom of accusing me of not being truthful... "Lurker, that is NOT true."; being dishonest in theology "if one is honest in their theology and doctrine"; making God out to be a liar "exalt themselves about God making Him out to be a liar" with no accountability to make good on your accusations.

Throughout the day I've offered plenty of scripture and exposition which clearly demonstrates that regeneration and salvation are not one in the same and you have nothing to say in rebuttal. As much as it may gall you, you might want to consider the possibility that I was right all along.

Have a great evening.


News Item7/27/14 9:47 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John for JESUS wrote:
To some who think I'm being nasty by saying Lurker holds some anti-Jewish sentiment, I am not.
I wasn't bothered by you comment... I'm used to being falsely accused of hating Jews. I don't hate them nor do I deny their right to defend themselves. I just don't see them as God's chosen people as some assert.

But more importantly, the believing Jews were not saved at the time of Acts 15:11 for two reasons;

1) The KJV is one of a very few translations which brought out the proper meaning of the text and the rest got it entirely wrong.

2) When broken off the olive tree, a figure of the Zion covenant of grace, the Jews were confined in the Sinai covenant which is the Law of Moses and the wrath of God. They were referred to as the circumcision for a reason.... they were bound to keep the law as long as they lived not being party to the covenant of grace. This is what Peter was speaking of in Acts 15:11... He and the rest of the circumcised believers looked forward in hope of salvation from the wrath of the Law of Moses, to be grafted back into the olive tree, on the last day if they were faithful to keep God's commandments (love God and neighbor).

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.


News Item7/27/14 7:25 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
Michael Hranek wrote:
Ardent (what a moniker, got any others?)
Lurker, this is for you as well
Real scholarly response, Michael. God must be so pleased with you.

Now, this is for you.

Rom 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Since you obviously rejected my explanation of this text, tell us everything there is to know about it. Why was Paul and his fellow believers not saved the instant they believed? They weren't saved yet so were they still unregenerate, dead in trespass and sin? When were they saved? What were they saved from?

Was Paul, born out of due time, the very first recipient of God's promise.....

Deu 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.


News Item7/27/14 12:55 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John UK wrote:
Does this not refer to an immediate salvation through justification by faith in Jesus Christ? Thus a person can say, "I am saved, I'm being saved, and I will be saved."?
I can't agree with that, John.

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

This verse gives the proper meaning of the state of being saved.... "from wrath". As you can see, at the time Paul penned this letter (the day of the Lord in which the wrath of God was revealed from heaven (Rom 1:18)), he and his fellow believers were justified but not yet saved from the then present wrath of God (Rom 13:12). That would not come until the day of the Lord was over and the "acceptable time, the day of salvation" had come which, btw, came when the disciples were first called Christians at Antioch.

Isa 49:8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages...

During the day of salvation aka an age of grace, salvation from the wrath which abides upon all unbelievers (John 3:36) is immediate upon faith and repentance.


News Item7/27/14 11:42 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John for JESUS wrote:
Lurker...
Acts 15:11 NASB
But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are."
The Jewish men were saying they were saved in the same manner as the Gentiles. Not sure why you would say the Jews weren't saved, but I can only assume it has something to do with your antisemitism or anti-Jewish sentiment.
Act 15:11 KJV

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Get a real bible.

. . .

Michael H.

Rom 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Why didn't Paul claim salvation as a present possession for himself and those he wrote to? Because....

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand...

.... the day of the Lord aka the wrath of God, which began when Paul said he died, (Rom 7:9) was still in progress and he awaited for salvation from that present wrath. Yet he was a believer. So was he regenerated or unregenerate? Was his heart circumcised to love God (Deut 30:6) or not?

Unless the progression of events in Paul's writings is perceived, these things will escape most people.


News Item7/27/14 2:08 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John for JESUS wrote:
Our souls are not saved until after believing. It is the outcome of faith
Your problem, J4J, is not understanding the biblical terms you use.

Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Here is Peter speaking, saying that he and the rest of the Jews looked forward in hope of salvation which the first of the Gentiles had already received. How could this be? Wasn't Peter and his fellow Jews saved at Pentecost (Acts 2:21)? How is it that the Gentiles, which were not called till long after Pentecost, were presently saved and the Jews were not? And what, exactly, had the Jews not been saved from at the time of Acts 15:11?

There is no warrant to interpret regeneration and salvation as one and the same. Peter and his fellow believing Jews were not saved at the time of Acts 15:11 yet I doubt anyone would call them unregenerate for they were in Christ.


News Item7/27/14 1:20 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
John for JESUS wrote:
Regeneration is mentioned twice in the Bible. Matthew 19:28 Titus 3:5

God tells us elsewhere in scripture when the Holy Spirit regenerates someone. Acts 11:17

The gift of God, salvation by the washing of regeneration of the Holy Spirit, is given after believing!

Prooftexting with no regard for timeline of fulfillment is a great tool to shore up faulty presuppositions.

RE: Matt 19:28... Jesus was speaking about a work of God (the regeneration) at a time future to the time He spoke of it. No order can be determined from this text. However, the same regeneration was spoken of in Deut 30:6 and an order can be perceived there.

RE: Titus 3:5... Obviously the regeneration Jesus spoke of had come to pass by the time Paul wrote this letter. No mention of faith preceding regeneration in the verse.... just an act of God's mercy.

RE: Acts 11:17... speaks of Cornelius and the Italian band who were believers before the regeneration began. "What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common." (Acts 11:9) and that before Peter preached the gospel to them whereby they were saved.

RE: your conclusion... faulty. See 1 Tim 1:12-17 for God's pattern of regeneration; Paul on Damascus Road. Also, "the refreshing" Acts 3:19-21 & Is 28:19


News Item7/26/14 2:21 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 5 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
247
comments
ladybug wrote:
J4J,
No one believes unless gifted with faith {see Ephesians 2:8-9}. You must be regenerated by God before you can believe...why? "Now the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged." 1 Cor. 2:14
Ladybug,

Been following your discussion with J4J. I've been down similar paths with him myself.

Here is a companion prophetic verse to 1 Cor 2:14 that may be helpful....

Deut 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Circumcision of the heart is aka new birth, regeneration, quickened, etc. Clearly, God is the initiator which leads to the one being called by the gospel to come to justifying faith. The just shall live by faith aka love of God.

Blessings, sister.


News Item7/25/14 8:30 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 6 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
13
comments
Dorcas wrote:
Thanks Dolores for sharing that concerning the cows.
Up in our neck of the woods we are having infestations of wasps and knats ......have tried all kinds of remedies to be rid of them.
Dorcas,

Absorbine Junior is a good gnat repellant. They'll circle but not land. Also, Icy Hot and similar senior colognes work as well.


News Item7/25/14 10:12 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Posted 6 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
49
comments
Strat wrote:
Jew Hater news update,Israel is still defending it's self against your spiritual brothers....Hamas,and there is nothing you can do about it.
Jew haters all over the world are spewing spit about it,if they knew what was good for them they would pray it ends in Israel's favor because if it doesn't their world is over.
Strat,
You believe the Jews in the ME are God's chosen people and it is your right to believe what you will. However, it is not your right to accuse those of us who disagree with your eschatology of hating Jews and rejecting their right to defend themselves when in fact the opposite is true. They need the Redeemer as much as anyone and without Him they will perish in their sin. That means there is only one people of God..... those who:

... believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us. (1 John 3:23-24)


News Item7/24/14 12:59 AM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
54
comments
Strat wrote:
I couldn't care less what any of you think to be honest with you,i just like full disclosure,you actually come closer to saying how much you hate Jews than do the rest so good for you...the others are getting closer so there is still hope for them
In the interest of full disclosure, perhaps you could share with us that special prophecy which has you convinced that God returned the Jews to their inheritance in an unrepentant state. Surely you have biblical warrant to proclaim these unrepentant Christ rejecters "God's people".

News Item7/17/14 11:59 PM
Lurker  Protected NameFind all comments by Lurker
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
160
comments
John UK wrote:
Thanks Lurker for your encouraging words. At this point in my pilgrimage, I am looking to the skies and listening for the sound of a great trumpet blast, which will herald the end of the world and an ushering to judgment for all, as the angels gather men together, but separated as sheep and goats.
Those unsaved need to think seriously about their eternal destination, and not let one more day go past without calling upon the name of the Lord, repenting of sin and unbelief, and wholly trusting themselves to the safekeeping of the Good Shepherd, who says to them, "Him that cometh to me, I will in no wise cast out."
Today is the day of salvation, now is the accepted time, the day of grace is almost over, the door getting ready to be shut.
The world is an ugly place to live in these days; on so many different fronts. Can't be a Christian without wondering how long before Jesus rises up in fury and says.... Enough!

We need to encourage each other with the unvarnished Biblical truth.... not comforting tales like a pre-trib rapture.

There is so much biblical truth that has an impact on our end times view that gets no attention or mention. I think I'll put together another study, building on the previous one.... perhaps tomorrow night.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more


Pleasing God
Richard Warmack
Salvation By Grace, Pt 2

Studies In Ephesians
Sunday School
Grace Baptist Church
Play! | MP3 | RSS


E. A. Johnston
America Revival Or Ruin

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Staff Pick!Play! | MP3

Pastor Joseph LoSardo
It's a Wicked World, After All

Under the Sun
Bread of Life Fellowship
Play! | MP3

Blog 7/29/14
Experiencing Opposition.

New York Gospel Mission
&ldq­uo;god is not the author of conf­us­ion but of...

Sponsor:
Obama: The Anti-Israel President?

The Rest­or­at­ion of the Jews (Isr­ael) In Ref­ormed Esch­at­ol­ogy, Free MP3s, Vid­eos, etc.
www.puritandownloads.com/th..

Sponsor:
Hilarious Christian comedian for hire!

Past­ors hire Mutzie to perf­orm at your church and I guar­antee you'll have him ret­urn.
www.mutzie.com

Sermon: Silent Church In Sinful Nation
E. A. Johnston






                   
There is nothing but heaven worth setting our hearts upon. ... Richard Baxter

City: Austin, TX
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App New!
Android New!
Church App New!
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV New!
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch New!
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.