members, click to sign in..

5,710 active users!!Bandwidth
MONDAY
JUL 6, 2015
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
BroadcastersNew Stuff!
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff PicksNew Stuff!
CommentsALL -15 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ KIRK ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon Homosexual Marriage Equals Purple Obtuse | Mike Reid
Stephen Willcox from Hartford, South Dakota
"I was greatly encouraged to hear about the open air preaching and tracts..."
-1 hrs 
Sermon Sound Words | Dr. Mark Allison
B. McCausland
-1 hrs 
Sermon Justified by Faith | Dr. Frank Gagliano
Fernando Bello from Uk
-2 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 9 user comments posted recently.
News Item9/14/12 5:29 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
41
comments
John UK wrote:
If you take a Bible, let's say, the KJV, and you compare it with, let's say, the NIV, there is no doubt there are a multitude of differences. Some verses found in one are not found in the other. There is a simple conclusion to make concerning this: They cannot both be correct. And I believe it is important to know which one is incorrect.
Likewise by your logic:

"If you take any one of 5000 majority text NT manuscripts, and you compare it with another, there is no doubt there are a multitude of differences. There is a simple conclusion to make concerning this: They cannot both be correct. And you must likewise believe it is important to know which one is incorrect."

So which one?


News Item9/14/12 5:04 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
41
comments
Agree with much of that, but

John UK wrote:
No-one can say that a translation is wrong unless they have the greek text to compare. This is why I say that "faith" is very involved. And observation of what God blesses.
This is inconsistent with your constant berating of unauthorised versions for being different. You seem to have held that a great number of translations are wrong.

I hold to the majority text, but it is evident that God has blessed even the usage of alexandrian texts. But (on the basis of the plain teaching of scripture) I certainly would NOT make evident blessing the basis for an assumption of inerrancy.

John UK wrote:
Another fact is that no-one can prove anything about "the Bible" because there are no autographs extant.
Disagree profoundly. What happened to your inerrancy?

And there is much to be gleaned and learned from good scholarship!

Good night John.


News Item9/14/12 3:53 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
41
comments
John UK wrote:
I am not a greek scholar, and need not be one, because I have an English version of the Bible which God has set his seal on.
I am not a greek scholar either John, nor is that relevant to the question.

Your own rejection of other versions is that they are based upon different texts.
Again, different to what?
What is your inerrant source greek NT text that underpins your inerrant version?
TTTTR was written in English perhaps that will help you locate it.


News Item9/14/12 3:28 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
41
comments
John UK wrote:
Ah, good evening Kirk.
Tell me first, is there a difference between "inerrant" and "absolutely inerrant"? Thank you.
Still procrastinating I see John.

You tell me your own semantic interpretation and let's move forward in examining your double standard from there. And if you don't know your own mind then please ask William Riley and we can use his definition.


News Item9/14/12 3:12 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
41
comments
John UK wrote:
Sure the KJV is inerrant and wholly trustworthy.
And which absolutely inerrant and wholly trustworthy greek manuscript was this translated from Good Evening John?

News Item9/13/12 6:49 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
41
comments
Pathetic. Good night.

John UK wrote:
Alas for you, pauvre dab. You say, "answer the question" but you never asked a question. Now that is weird and just plain fatuous.
Also, you appear out of nowhere, expecting to debate a point, without any introduction, or "hello everybody". For all I know you might be a papish lunatic or a liberal anglican.
But if you have no ear to hear, then I can do nothing for you but leave you in the hands of Almighty God, hoping that tonight he will speak to you and bring you to faith in his Son, because if you "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, thou shalt be saved." Acts 16:31.
Notwithstanding, if you wish to reply, I shall be tuning in again tomorrow night to see if you have made an apology. It is midnight nearly here, and I have to be up early for work.

News Item9/13/12 6:38 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
41
comments
Quit your procrastination and answer the question. Your argument hinges upon you having a single greek text.

John UK wrote:
My dear old thing. Obviously you do not understand yet how The Received Text got its name. But I am prepared to tell you if you have ears to hear.
But first I would like to know if you are a Christian, and how you came to be one if you are.
Then I would like to know if you regard any greek text as the inspired and inerrant word of God. If so, please name it. Then we may proceed.

News Item9/13/12 6:24 PM
Kirk  Find all comments by Kirk
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
41
comments
John UK wrote:
Good questions, eh Jim?
Not really. Fatuous would be the word I would use.

John UK wrote:
They have succumbed to the papish plot of supplying a different greek text which was developed from mss called the Vaticanus and the Sinaiticus.
Different implies a standard greek text to compare to. You do not have one and defeat your own argument.

Sermon7/8/10 1:18 PM
kirk | Alberta Canada  Find all comments by kirk
• Add new comment
Sermon:
Why Elisha Had the Anointing
Barry Pelphrey
1
comment
“ Great Sermon! ”
May God Bless You for preaching this message. It is truely inspiring. My soul has been Blessed.


Dr. James M. Phillips
Ex-Jehovah Witness Speaks #3

X Jehovah Witness
Bible Study
Discover The Word With Dr Jim
Play! | MP4 | RSS

Biblical Apologetics
Dr. Curt D. Daniel

Miles Mckee
Grace, Grace, Grace

Miles McKee Ministries
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

A. Boyd Miller IV
Rejection of Biblical Marriage

Covenant Presbyterian Church
Sunday - AM
Play! | MP3

Martin Rizley
The Call to Civil Disobedience

Texarkana Reformed Baptist
Sunday School
Play! | MP3

Kevin Swanson
Reactions to SCOTUS Decision

Dobson, Rand Paul, Mike Farris
Generations Radio
Play! | MP3

Joel Van Hoogen
The Vexation of the Righteous

Bread of Life Fellowship
Sunday Service
Play! | MP3

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: Judgment Day, 2 Free MP3s

Phen­om­enal serm­ons that every­one needs to hear, on one of the most imp­ort­ant top­ics!
www.puritandownloads.com/ju..

Sermon:
1 Timothy #3 The Law
Dr. James M. Phillips

SPONSOR | 2,200+

SPONSOR




                   
One loving heart sets another on fire. ... Augustine

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad New!
Church App
Android
Church App
Kindle + Nook
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile
Apple Watch New!
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices New!
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting New!
Transcription Service
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI Sites
Domain Redirect
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
JSON API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2015 SermonAudio.com.