Sign in or signup

3,845 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
AUG 25, 2016
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -51 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
Stores
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ JOHN FOR JESUS ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon Following the Lord Fully | Rev. Reginald Cranston
Paul Andrews from Orlando
"Caleb followed the Lord fully because he had a different spirit, one of..."
-4 hrs 
Sermon The Birth of the King | Bob Gunn
Steve McCune from Capira
-5 hrs 
Sermon Watchman Broadcast The Elements of Wrath 1-12-14 | Mike Hoggard
Tim Earl from Tn
-5 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 500 user comments posted recently.
News Item8/24/16 8:07 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 6 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
James Thomas wrote:
Hebrews 12:2 (KJV)
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.
Without Jesus coming from Heaven and dying on the cross and rising from the dead, we would have no Saviour to believe in. He is the one in whom a person must believe in order to be saved. We are saved because He lives in us. All those in Christ will be raised and receive eternal life because of what He did. Our faith is in Him and our salvation is because of Him.

News Item8/24/16 7:08 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 7 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
B. Warely wrote:
1. Do you DOUBT God's ability to enable people to believe?
2. The Elect of God - HIS Disciples were chosen by God before the foundation of the world. Eph 1:4/5.
The Elect were predestined in God's purpose to be the servants of faith. Eph 1:5 and see v11.
3. Know what predestined means J4?
Ro 8:28 ... the CALLED ACCORDING to HIS purpose.
29 For whom he HE DID FOREKNOW, HE also did PREDESTINATE to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
1) Not at all, God enables us to believe through the gospels. There are no magic jedi spells involved. How will they believe in whom they haven't heard? How will they hear unless God sends those who preach?

2) Another mistake of Calvinism! The elect are the people already selected by God for salvation because they believe. They are believers only. There are no unbelievers selected for salvation! We must believe to become one of the elect.

3) Sure do! However, it is believers who are predestined to be comformed into the image of Jesus at the Ressurection. Unbelievers are not. They are called the predestined because they haven't been comformed to His image yet, but they will be.


News Item8/24/16 3:35 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 11 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Kev wrote:
1) Romans 8:8
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

2) 1 Corinthians 1:18
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

3) 1 Corinthians 12:3
3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
No SPIRIT = NO FAITH

1) Only in Christ can you be pleasing to God. God doesn't say, "Ah ha, so and so has faith. What a great guy!" It doesn't change our standing with God. What changes is God will baptize the faithful, therefore making them acceptable to Him. His acceptance of believers is because Jesus is sinless.

2) When you were a perishing sinner, did you think Christianity was foolish? That didn't prevent you from one day believing.

3) Typical! The verse says nothing of the sort. It doesn't say if you don't have the Holy Spirit, then you are unable to believe the gospel. You know lying is a sin, right?


News Item8/24/16 2:10 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 12 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
ladybug wrote:
1) "And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins" Eph. 2:1
"Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved" Eph.2:5
2) You have no understanding of the sin nature of mankind, the inability of the dead in sin sinner to believe apart from God gifting them with faith {Eph. 2:8-9}.
1) All those verses prove is that God gave us life, not faith. Two different things.

2) Eph 2:8-9 says that salvation is a gift. That means we don't earn it. It says nothing about a sinners supposed inability to believe. Even if God did give people a present wrapped up with faith inside, they would still have to open it up. Even if they were given faith as a present, most people wouldn't want to use it.


News Item8/24/16 10:56 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 16 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Kev...

Jesus isn't Lord if all?

The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ— He is Lord of all—
Acts 10:36 NKJV

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
Romans 10:12 NKJV

He is Lord of all people.

for “the earth is the Lord ’s, and all its fullness.”
I Corinthians 10:26 NKJV

He is Lord over everything in it.

“But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?
Luke 6:46 NKJV

But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’
Matthew 25:12 NKJV

People call Him Lord who don't obey Him.

Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.
I Corinthians 12:3 NKJV

Jesus is Lord of all, but people can't say they have made Him Lord over their lives unless they are being led by Holy Spirit.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Romans 8:14 NKJV

Only once we are led by the Spirit can we truly say, Abba, Father! People believe and then He becomes Lord of their life.


News Item8/24/16 9:31 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 17 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
B. Warely wrote:
Mans thoughts are ALREADY carnal - They do not need to "become" carnal.
The 'ONLY' way this is changed is by God's gift of faith and the Holy Spirit indwelling.
Greek:
4561 "SARX" :- (Carnal)
"Probably from the base of G4563;
And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
I Corinthians 3:1‭-‬3 NKJV

These Holy Spirit filled carnal Christians still believed. I'm leary of a definition that starts with the word "Probably".

There is nowhere in scripture that shows God makes people believe in an unconscious or forced manner. Calvinist mistakenly believe that faith would be a work if people did it of their own ability because of it resulting in salvation. So the idea goes, God must mystically or unconsciously make people believe at some moment before they become self aware of their faith in God. Obviously, God beings about faith through hearing the word preached!


News Item8/24/16 8:41 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 18 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Kev wrote:
1) Romans 8:7
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
2) Ephesians 2:1
2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
3) Romans 3:11
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
4) 1 Corinthians 2:14
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
1) This verse literally means the carnal mind is enmity against God. When your thoughts become carnal, you will not obey God. Whether you are Christian or not.

2) God quickens the sinful, but not before they believe.

3) There are literally none who seek God, but that is why God sends men the gospel. That you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

4) The Christians in Corinth didn't receive the things if the Spirit either!

And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
I Corinthians 3:1‭-‬2 NKJV


News Item8/23/16 9:13 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 41 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Kev wrote:
1. There you go mixing God's command and man's responsibility with the sovereign work of God.

2. "But that he loved US" and "propitiation for OUR sins".

3. Maybe if you took off your Arminian glasses you would listen to what scripture actually teaches. Even common English proves my point.

Pray J4 and be open to Hod's Word!

1) When God commands it, isn't it people's responsibility to obey?

2) Did you forget what you were arguing about? You said:

Proverbs 8:17
17 I love those who love me,
And those who seek me diligently will find me.

Conditional:"I love those who love me"

So I simply pointed out that we love Him because He first loved us. There's nothing to argue. I was trying to show you the error of your ways, but after 6 full months of being a Calvinist, I see you are now an expert and are above correction!

Heck, you act as if you never said that and are correcting me now by saying God loved us first, lol.

3) I'm not a Calvinist or Arminian. I take a literal interpretation of scripture which doesn't teach either philosophy.


News Item8/23/16 6:59 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 44 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
James Thomas wrote:
1)Philippians 1:29 (KJV)
29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer

2) 1 Timothy 1:13 (KJV)
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1) The Philippians were given the opportunity to suffer for Christ. It doesn't show that Paul was forced to believe in God.

2) You bring up a good point. That's why I said "think". The only thing I would say is, it is possible Paul was a blasphemer in Christ as a true believer in God, not knowing He was the true Saviour yet. Why did Paul have such zeal for Judaism? He may have really believed in God. If He was an unbeliever in God before Jesus revealed Himself to Paul, he still didn't become a follower until later.

And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.
Acts 9:17‭-‬18 NKJV


News Item8/22/16 11:48 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 51 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
John UK wrote:
1) What was God doing when he flooded the earth and killed everyone except eight souls?
2) Do you regard him as vindictive? Or do you regard him as just?
3) Why did he do it?
4) If God so loved them, how on earth could he do such a thing? How awful!!
1) Judging the world.
2) He was just to do so.
3) Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”
Genesis 6:5‭-‬7 NKJV
4) He wouldn't allow the wickedness to continue. It grieved God.

I'm not Arminian, but if that's what they teach it is probably because Hyper-Calvinism and Calvinism are pretty much the same thing. It would be like calling Islamic extremism Islamic. Same difference.


News Item8/22/16 8:19 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 54 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Kev wrote:
1) Hosea 14:4
4 “I will heal their backsliding,
I will love them freely,
For My anger has turned away from him.
I WILL love them. If you say he loves all why use will?
Proverbs 8:17
2) 17 I love those who love me,
And those who seek me diligently will find me.
Conditional:"I love those who love me"
The one true God is not the way Calvinist imagine. Calvinist imagine God to be hateful to most the world. Not that they know what the world is anyways!

Faith isn't a work of the law. When anyone believes, they are doing what is expected of them. It isn't anything special or worthy of merit.

1) O Israel, return to the Lord your God, For you have stumbled because of your iniquity; Take words with you, And return to the Lord. Say to Him, “Take away all iniquity; Receive us graciously, For we will offer the sacrifices of our lips.
Hosea 14:1‭-‬2 NKJV

They were Israelites who stumbled because of iniquity and were to return to the Lord, asking to have their sins forgiven. When we sin, it affects how God may bless us. When we repent, He will more freely display His love for us.

2) In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
I John 4:10


News Item8/22/16 4:10 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 58 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Rodney K. wrote:
Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? (Romans 9:19)
Read on. Paul answers your question.
And yes, Paul is teaching Sovereign election - else why would he feel the need to answer these questions. If he is not teaching about unconditional election, the questions make no sense.
I get that God does what He wants, but He says He will make people vessels of honor if they obey. The reason Israel became a vessel of dishonor is because they did not believe. They will once again become a vessel of honor once they believe. Is God unfair to grant the Gentiles repentance? He can do what He wants! However, we know He is not through with Israel and all Israel will one day believe.

News Item8/22/16 2:23 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Many of you are acting like God randomly makes people vessels for honor and vessels for dishonor. As if He just so happened to make you a vessel of honor and who cares about anyone else because you got yours! Yes, you will say how much you care for unbelievers, but in the end your God doesn't care for them and in fact hates them. Calvinism really attracts the narcissist! You no doubt thank God you are not like the rest of us sinners.

Paul was made a vessel of honor because he worked as to earn the prize and not be disqualified. There is no evidence that Paul did not believe God of his own ability. If Paul disobeyed, he wouldn't have been the vessel of honor that he was.

Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
I Corinthians 15:8 NKJV

I think Paul was already a believer in God who had not yet heard the truth of the gospel. Once Jesus revealed Himself to Paul, Paul became a Christian. Becoming a vessel of honor is different than becoming a believer.

Romans 9 doesn't expound on Jer 18 other than bringing it down to a personal level. The same still applies. If one obeys, they will become a vessel of honor. If they are a vessel of honor and sins, then God will make you a vessel of dishonor.


News Item8/22/16 12:11 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Rodney K. wrote:
Romans: (21) Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? (22) What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: (23) And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
So another one who didn't bother reading the text! Take your Calvinist glasses off, they are blinding you from understanding the text. When you qoute Romans 9:21 about the Potter, Paul is qouting from Jeremiah 18! Go look at what it says if you want to understand his point. God will change the vessel on the wheel and make into another vessel if it becomes marred to Him. While the clay is still wet and not set yet, the Potter can change what He will make of the vessel. Once it is set and dried, it is what it is. Those of us not dead yet can be used as a vessel of honor if we cleanse ourselves of sinful lust. If the Potter doesn’t make us into a vessel of honor, we cannot ask why? Because God knows our faithfulness or lack there of.

News Item8/22/16 11:15 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
ladybug wrote:
you ask 'but why does He make some a vessel of gold and silver while making others vessels wood and clay?' the verses you gave certainly do not answer your question.
You obviously didn't read them then!

Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.
II Timothy 2:21 NKJV

It says if anyone cleanses themself of sin, they will be a vessel for honor, set apart and useful for the Master! So cleanse yourself of sinful behavior and be made useful for God.

The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it. And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it, if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.
Jeremiah 18:6‭-‬10 NKJV

If the vessel of dishonor turns from its evil, God will make it a vessel of honor. Look at pastors who have fallen from grace! Vessels of honor who became vessels of dishonor.


News Item8/22/16 9:46 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
ladybug wrote:
Who makes one a 'vessel of honour' ?
God does, but why does He make some a vessel of gold and silver while making others vessels wood and clay?

Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.
II Timothy 2:21 NKJV

“O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord . “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel! The instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, to pull down, and to destroy it, if that nation against whom I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent of the disaster that I thought to bring upon it. And the instant I speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it, if it does evil in My sight so that it does not obey My voice, then I will relent concerning the good with which I said I would benefit it.
Jeremiah 18:6‭-‬10 NKJV


News Item8/22/16 9:19 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Rodney K. wrote:
Our worth is determined not by what we do, but by the price which was paid for us. It is not determined by who we are, but by Whose we are. Do the saved perform good works? Sure! But as a product of salvation, not as a means of salvation.
I never said works are a means of salvation. Our faith is. The vessels of gold and silver and wood and clay are all in the great house. Which vessel would you rather be?

Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.
II Timothy 2:21 NKJV


News Item8/22/16 7:41 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Rodney K. And Lurker...

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:14‭, ‬17‭-‬17‭, ‬21‭-‬24 NKJV

We perfect our faith by works.

Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
I Corinthians 3:8‭, ‬14‭-‬15 NKJV

If you want to be a vessel of honor, you must make yourself worthy. Some people don't work and expect to be useful to God.


News Item8/22/16 12:21 AM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
Kev wrote:
J4 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.
II Timothy 2:20‭-‬21 NKJV

Look at what the verse says. If anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. We must make ourselves worthy to be used for honor. If we live, as Christians, in disobedience we cannot expect to be a vessel for honor. My pastor today compared it to using the good china for guest, as opposed to paper plates and plastic spoons. Some things are used for special occasions. Some Christians will hardly ever be used for honor because of the way they are living their lives. From verse 3-7, we should be like the focused soldier, athlete who doesn't disqualify themself, and the hard working farmer.


News Item8/21/16 11:28 PM
John for JESUS | Atl  Find all comments by John for JESUS
• Posted 4 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
500
comments
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.
II Timothy 2:20‭-‬21 NKJV

This is what my pastor preached on today. I thought it was interesting. The vessels all come out of the same house. Some are for honor and some for dishonor depending on their faith.

Jump to Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 more




Store Item
Gospel Obstacles

Jon Cardwell
Three Primary Obstacles to...
Free! ($1.99)

Ralph Bouma
The Sexual Revolution

Radio
Gospel Chapel Ministries
Play! | MP3

Don Green
Forgiven in Christ

Truth Community Church
Sunday Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Sponsor: Paul Washer Review: Puritan Hard Drive
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

SPONSOR | 4,600+

SPONSOR




                   
It is our duty to feel sin, to fear sin, and to fly as far as we can. ... John Boys

Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal


MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook
Chromecast TV
Apple TV New!
ROKU TV
Amazon Fire TV
Apple Watch
Android Wear
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription
PowerClips New!
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domain
Favorites | QR Codes
Online Donations
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword | BW
JSON API New!

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
The largest and most trusted library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide.

Our Services | Articles of Faith
Broadcast With Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Support Us | Feedback Fridays New!