members, click to sign in..

3,523 active users!!Bandwidth
THURSDAY
NOV 27, 2014
Home
NewsSITE
Events & Blogs
New Audio & Video
Broadcasters
Local Church Finder
Live Webcasts
Sermons by Bible
Sermons by Topic
Sermons by Speaker
Sermons by Date
Staff Picks
CommentsALL -24 min
Top Sermons
VideosPDFs
Daily Log
PhotosNew Stuff!
StoresNew Stuff!
Online Bible
Hymnal
Daily Reading
Our Services
Submit Sermon
Members Only

 
USER COMMENTS BY “ CONFUSED ”
All Comments
All Types Sermons News Blogs Events Store
RECENTLY-COMMENTED SERMONS | MoreLast PostTotal
Sermon God’s Power that Works in You | Don Green
William Brezette from Henderson NV.
"Thank you brother"
-24 hrs 
Sermon The Enigma of Ezekiel - Part 1 | Dr. John Douglas
Florin Motiu from Oradea, Romania
-24 hrs 
Sermon A Brand Plucked from the Fire (Preached at... | Pastor Chalan Hetherington
maureen from wigan england
-26 hrs 
· Page 1 ·  Found: 23 user comments posted recently.
News Item11/25/14 11:03 AM
confused  Find all comments by confused
• Posted 44 hours ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
161
comments
John UK wrote:
...you never even read your Bible.
Ephesians 1:18 KJV
(18) The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints...
Psalms 18:28 KJV
(28) For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
Hebrews 6:4-8 KJV
You always seem to get the Bible upsidedown John.
The verses you quote apply to Christians in which the Holy Spirit is indwelling already.
You RCC/Arminian types believe that human faculties can embrace the truth and Scripture doctrines BEFORE the Holy Spirit's indwelling when the mortal is still under the dominion of sin. That is exactly what Satan wants people to believe then he can get religious reprobates into the churches and confound them.

You omitted v17 John ....
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints"

See God is sovereign (first cause) just like the Calvinist teaches you.


News Item11/24/14 2:41 PM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Posted 3 days ago
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
161
comments
John UK wrote:
arminist version of prevenient grace, .... Spirit is normal for those whom the Lord calls, and that this is not an "indwelling" but an enlightenment, a communication, an enlivening
I wish you would learn how to spell Arminian John. Perhaps that would help you to read the Bible more accurately.

So "enlightenment" eh John?
Do you mean the Age of Enlightenment so loved by the secular world?
"The Age of Enlightenment (or simply the Enlightenment or Age of Reason) is the time period in which cultural and social changes occurred emphasizing reason, analysis and individualism rather than traditional ways of thinking."

Lets see John's NEW method of how God works is (1) Enlightenment - Is NOT indwelling - So it is the Spirit's work from a distance sort of remote control - Haven't we been here before? The future Christian (Elect at this stage - Who knows???) anyway this Christian possible still at enmity with God and cannot discern - Is zapped with an enlightening bolt flash or whatever and hey presto they are ???? What saved? Partially saved? Or just initially zapped?

Ro 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
See also V9 ....

Arminian or Johnology???


News Item3/27/14 12:16 AM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
59
comments
I don't understand why theblaze website and articles are posted on sermonaudio.com. This can only lead to confusion! mormonism is a cult and all false religion is the worship of demons. Glenn Beck is a heretic and needs to repent and believe the Gospel!

News Item8/31/13 10:44 AM
Confused?  Find all comments by Confused?
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
11
comments
Where did you come up with that nonsense?

News Item3/19/13 6:52 PM
confused  Find all comments by confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
191
comments
John for JESUS wrote:
PROBLEMO...We weren't arguing who ordained them to eternal life. I'm just saying all who were ordained believed already. They were believers in God who needed to hear the gospel truth. Funny how the bible doesn't mention that they were ordained until after they believed.
Acts 13:48 "And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed." --- Doesn't believed come last in this verse after ordained to eternal life? Glorifying the Word of Lord because the preacher said he would speak to you is not the same as salvation.

News Item4/3/12 8:52 PM
confused  Find all comments by confused
• Thread closed
• Report abuse
500
comments
CD maybe you can answer my question.

Why does the Holy Spirit wait to indwell the sinner until after he believes?


Sermon1/12/10 5:46 PM
confused | local  Find all comments by confused
• Add new comment
Sermon:
The Road Out Of Heartache!
Andrew Quigley
1
comment
“ Great Sermon! ”

Survey3/5/09 7:52 PM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
721
comments
"The following "Question" was asked by a member of the congregation at Grace Community Church in Panorama City, California, and "Answered" by their pastor, John MacArthur Jr. It was transcribed from the tape, GC 70-8, titled "Questions and Answers--Part 36."

Question

I know that you take a Biblical view of salvation by faith alone.

John Macarthur: Yes, by grace through faith--NOT BY FAITH ALONE. By grace through faith.

Question (continued)

Ok, but I’m a little confused as far as the implications of that Lordship to the non-Christian at the point of salvation. How much of it can they really comprehend in terms of the Lordship issue? And then along with that, are you saying through your series on the Lordship that the call to salvation is synonymous with the call to discipleship?

http://www.biblebb.com/files/macqa/70-8-2.htm


Survey12/19/08 3:50 PM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
'God eventually broke through with saving grace, granting life through the new birth, and repentance and faith where previously there had been rebellion and unbelief. Sure enough, God can and does do it. To him be praise and glory.' John UK

But as God loves the whole world why does HE as you say break through with saving grace in some and not in others? Is it because the some are willing without grace or made willing first by grace. Or did God love the some more or love them differently? Confused


News Item5/14/08 2:29 AM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
10
comments
Jim Lincoln wrote:
Wine or water is no more holy
How do we reconcile that with this..

And he said, Bring me a new cruse, and put salt therein. And they brought it to him. And he went forth unto the spring of the waters, and cast the salt in there and said, Thus saith the Lord, I have healed these waters; there shall no be from thence any more death or barren land.2 Kings 2:20,21


Survey4/12/08 1:34 PM
confused  Find all comments by confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
1570
comments
If Jesus condones drinking wine with alcoholic content, then the bible is contradictory. Jesus says in Mat. 26:29, "I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit {the fruits of the earth] of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom". This wine Jesus refers to is the product of agriculture.
Man, being in a fallen state, would not be able to refrain from over-indulging. What if a lost sinner, maybe a neighbor or co-worker, sees a born again Christian buying a bottle of wine? The lost sinner then buys himself a bottle, but being lost, he overindulges. He gets inebriated, gets behind the wheel of his car, and kills an innocent person. Is the born again Christian who bought the bottle of wine responsible?
We may be the only 'bible' lost people will ever read, to partake in what the world partakes in is to not be any different than the world. The world will say, 'if John Doe, who is a Christian, can drink, then it must be okay'. Sadly, that lost person who may believe this just might become a full blown alcoholic...how tragic that would be for the Christian who led them astray. "Do not love the world or anything in the world"

Survey1/8/08 10:31 AM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
JD wrote:
DB, You are a disrupter and one who is attempting to confuse the Scriptures and I do not know what is your motivation. However the end to your devices cannot be good and I fear for you.
There is NO covenant of grace in the Holy Scriptures.
No one hads said Abraham was a Jew. Where did you get that out of the blue?
Satan is a master of misinformation and I believe your words are his!
Very Confused:
You are rejecting my argument feom the passages I am dealing with. At least deal with those passages and tell me how I am misrepresnting them. Then we will deal with your argument.
Are you too confused to know how to debate?
I am out for the day!
I have shown clearly that your silly notion that there was no promise to the Gentiles is false. If you think that the passages you cited clearly show otherwise than yo make the scriptures contradict themselves and show your true colors!

Your debating skills (if we may call them that) are severely lacking. Book yourself in with the Doc. He is bound to have a potion for you!


Survey1/8/08 10:04 AM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
JD wrote:
My statement is not stupid and it was not my statement.
Yes it was. It is not the quoting of the Bible to which I object. It is your silly commentary!

JD wrote:
...If you say the Scriptures are stupid then you are telling us more about yourself than I care to know.
Not referring to the scriptures but to you!...

JD wrote:
...That was a promise to Abraham and not to the gentiles..
Gasp! If God said this is the covenant I make with you and **all your seed** and ****the seed**** is all true believers, there is no promise to them if they happen to be Gentiles?!

You are even sillier than I thought!


Survey1/8/08 9:34 AM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
JD wrote:
What is my take on them? They speak for themselves. What is it about them you do not believe or you will not accept? I would really like to know.
And how do you connect the verses you quoted to what I said? What point are you trying to make with them? It makes no sense! You are right, you are confused and you are obviously not a spiritual man.
JD

And I suppose we should all concur with the modest estimation that you have of yourself?!

The point of the verses that I cited should be plain to all but the blind viz. that the promise made to Abraham was to him and his seed (Gal 3.16). But the seed is not ethnic Israel, it is all true believers. That would include the Gentiles who are specifically included by Paul in the Galatians passage as the children of Abraham. Gal 3.29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So your plain stupid statement that gentile believers had no promise is rubbish. The promise to Abraham was a promise to them as well. They are heirs to the same promise!! O/W how can Paul say, "..then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to (in agreement with) the promise"?!


Survey1/8/08 9:09 AM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
JD wrote:
..Do you ever read what is said in the Scriptures, friend? ....
Why sure I do. I just don't accept your take on them!!

Romans 4.11.14

11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: ***that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also***: 12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, ***but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised***. 13*****For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world*****, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. 14******For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect******:

And then again we have Romans 9: 6b-8

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7****Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children****: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8That is, ****They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed****.

ref Gal3:7-9


Survey1/8/08 8:30 AM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2733
comments
JD wrote:
...It is significant that he made no connection with any covenant promises in his dealing with this ordinance......We are made partakers of the blessings of Israel's covenants of promise, particularly of the New Covenant which promises forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit and a personal relationship with God through Christ....
So let me get this straight - the blessings to the gentiles are not covenant blessings, but they are!

We have no promises, but we are made partakers of a covenant of promise with Israel!

Great piece of logic that!

Another day, another JDism to cope with. My head spins!

Oh nearly forgot:

The ordinance was instituted later by Paul, even though it existed from the start for the Gentiles!!


Survey11/2/07 7:42 PM
confused | texas  Find all comments by confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
574
comments
Is it biblical to get a divorce if the adultry was with our own daughter? Or if I were to get a divorce and remarry would I be committing adulty and causing someone else to committ adultry?

News Item10/25/07 12:39 PM
Confused  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
2
comments
I assume "Reformed" means "pertaining to the Protestant Reformation of the 16th century". Is that not a natural assumption? Which of the 16th century Reformers espoused ecumenical dialogue with Rome? Ordination of women? If I form a movement called "Ford Owners Of Kansas" and as the years go by and the founders die off, the new leaders bring in Chevy and Dodge owners from all 50 states, is it not intellectually dishonest to continue to call the club by it's original name?

News Item9/6/07 3:30 AM
Confused | Concord CA  Contact via emailFind all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
32
comments
This will not allow me to respond in detail to my responders... Please write me at my email address for a copy of my at length response. Thanks

News Item9/5/07 12:51 AM
Confused | Concord CA  Find all comments by Confused
• Add new comment
• Reply to comment
• Report abuse
32
comments
Believe it or not, it was through none other that Mr Camping's ministery that I was "saved" in 1984 and very dramatically so. Ironically, now I don't even know whether I am or not because he convincingly implies that God's children do not sin and I struggle... so am I saved or not? As a result of this confusion, I feel like all my hope is gone and perhaps I am not "Elect" afterall since I seem to slip up so easily. Now I am just depressed everyday... I mean what's left in life if Christ won't save me??? I am hurt and angry and devastated and afraid. HELP!
Jump to Page : [1] 2


Seven Assurances - John 14
Mark Pannell
More Than Just Facts

More Than Just Facts
Sunday Service
Eager Avenue Grace Church
Play! | MP4 | RSS


E. A. Johnston
America Revival Or Ruin

Ambassadors For Christ Intl-US
Teaching
Staff Pick!Play! | MP3

Lin Brown
God's Purpose for Parables

Grace Particular Baptist
Sunday Service
Transcript!Play! | MP3

Richard Caldwell Jr.
Lessons From A Potter

Non-Series Jeremiah
Founders Baptist Church
Transcript!Play! | MP4

Bob Vincent
Defending the Faith

Rejecting Atheism
Grace Presbyterian Church
Play! | MP3

Ken Wimer
If the Lord Will

Gospel According to Luke
Shreveport Grace Church
Video!Play! | MP4

Ken Wimer
Chosen To Salvation

Radio Broadcast
Shreveport Grace Church
Play! | MP3

Blog 11/24/14
New Attendance Record and Thanksgiving in...

New York Gospel Mission
this week came and went and brought with it some uniq­ue...

Sponsor:
Paul Washer: "Most Useful Bible Study

See what Paul Washer calls the most useful Bible study tool in hist­ory. Click here!
www.puritandownloads.com/pa..

Sermon: God's Salvation Portrayed
Ken Wimer






                   
I dare not fret any more than I dare curse and swear. ... John Wesley

City: Las Vegas, NV
Gospel of John
Cities | Local | Personal
MOBILE
iPhone + iPad
Church App
Android New!
Church App
Kindle + Nook New!
BlackBerry
Windows Mobile, Nokia
Chromecast TV
ROKU TV
Pebble Smartwatch
Kindle Reader


HELP
Knowledgebase
Broadcasters
Listeners
Q&A
Uploading Sermons
Uploading Videos
Webcasting
Tips & Tricks
YouTube Screencasts

FOLLOW
Weekly Newsletter
Staff Picks Feed
Site Notices
RSS | Twitter | Facebook
SERVICES | ALL
Local Church Finder | Info
MP3 Play & Download
Mobile Apps
Podcasting
Video Support
Live Webcasting
Transcription Service
HIFI Option
Business Cards
SOLO | MINI | Domains
Favorites
QR Codes
24x7 Radio Stream
INTEGRATION
Sermon Browser
HTML Codes
WordPress
Twitter
Facebook
Logos | e-Sword
SOAP API

BATCH
Transfer Agent
Protected Podcasts
Upload via Email
Auto-Upload Sermons
Auto-Blog Import
Picasa | FTP | Dropbox
ABOUT US
SermonAudio.com is the largest library of audio sermons from conservative churches and ministries worldwide. All broadcasters must adhere to the Articles of Faith.

Our Services | Testimonials
Broadcast With Us!
Support Us
Advertising | Local Ads
CONTACT
info@sermonaudio.com
Copyright © 2014 SermonAudio.com.