Unprofitable Servant wrote: Sister Thanks for your response
Friend, for lack of space in the previous post, the following is included here to foward some clarifications.
1. No one is *against* sport per se, but against lust and the pride of life attached to some present settings of entertainment. Surely, and as stated before, there was much not acceptable in the games of Paul's time, yet Scripture does not commend such undesirable insights, only the main beneficial idea is borrowed. In the same way perhaps, some have expressed here their personal concerns about the matter.
2. Without intent to insult, the pharisaical spirit shows up in divers modes in discussions. For instance, one party accuses the other of Pharisaical 'holier than thou' attitude, while all the time this same party endevours to *trip* the ones they critizise as the Pharisees did with Christ, often denying the obvious for self-justification, and bringing arguments to ridiculous 'bare thread' positions. See Jh 7:14-24
This sermon deals with that passage: 'Astounding Statements from the Christ of God' by Brother Armen Thomassian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC-eemYAAQs
Trust you may be blessed by the godliness displayed in the above dissertation Grace be unto you
There are some enemies of the accepted view of scripture who would try to tell us that the Bible "contains" the word of God. In other words, if you read the scriptures, you may find God's word there, somewhere. Such say that God's word is "in the Bible", which for me anyway is an incorrect view and part of the apostate plan of the devil to get folks to doubt the word of God.
But a simple statement like: "the Bible is the word of God", is far better, because it means that whatever Psalm you are reading, whatever Prophet you are studying, whatever Gospel or Epistle you are in, the words that you are reading are the words of God, trustworthy and true, and therefore ought to be heeded, obeyed, rested on, trusted in, and in general be edified and sanctified by.
Great Sermon! Substantial, sound, enjoyable and profound exposition. The following statements taken from the sermon seem outstanding: "By humility comes wisdom; By submission you get understanding" Thank you
Unprofitable Servant wrote: 1. trying to out do â€¦ Paul and what is written in the Bible
2. the apostle .. had an intimate knowledge of what went on in the games .. the Holy Spirit used examples .. to pen spiritual applications
3. In Acts Paul â€¦ did not preach against it â€¦ abstain from attendance. Paul had no issues with sports
4. spiritually superior because they do not have anything to do with sports
5. you don't see is the fruits of the Spirit of gentleness and meekness in their posts â€¦ the wisdom ... from above
1. The Cannon of Scripture is complete, and we circumspect teaching to Scriptural content
2. As explained before, the jest of the idea is used, not the setting or sorrounding detail
3. He did not preach against games, neither promote them. Neither Christ preached about on going happenings in Palestine as riots/revolts, social Roman parties/events, politics of the Jews against the Romans etc â€¦ You are trying to push the issue towards a particular slant
4. Not totally accurate; it is your personal deduction. â€śthe lust of the flesh, â€¦ the pride of life, is not of the Fatherâ€ť 1Jo2 (Much of that in sports)
5. An unacceptable conveying mode does not prove or invalidate the message, only disqualifies the messenger
"[SATANIC] VATICAN: BISHOPS NOT REQUIRED TO REPORT ABUSE TO POLICE" ?
Yea, Right !
Go Tell It To THE JUDGE & GOD !
"AURORA (ROMANIST) PRIEST CHARGED WITH SEXUALLY ABUSING TWO CHILDREN YOUNGER THAN 13
AURORA, IL.(STMW)-A Priest Who Worked At Two Aurora [Cultic Temples] And In DeKalb County Was Arrested In Rockford On Thursday And Charged With Sexually Abusing Two Children Under The Age Of 13.
Alfredo Pedraza Arias, 49, Was Charged With Two Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse Of A Minor, According To The Kane County Stateâ€™s Attorneyâ€™s Office.
The Investigation Started In 2014, And, 'Immediately After The First Allegation Was Reported, [Satanic~Vatican Priest] Pedraza Was [Told] To Remove Himself From All (Pedophile) Priestly [Molesting] And From All Hispanic [Molesting] Duties In The DeKalb County [Cult], To Which He Was Assigned,'...
He Has Been Out Of All [Molesting] Since October 30, 2014...
Prosecutors Allege That Between January 2009 And November 2014, Pedraza, Then A Priest At [Sickened] Heart [Cult] In Aurora, Sexually Abused Two Victims, Who Were Both Younger Than 13...
'THE ABUSE IS [SUPPOSED] TO HAVE TAKEN PLACE AT THE HOME OF ONE OF THE VICTIMS AND AT THE [CULTIC TEMPLE],' A Statement From Prosecutors Said..."--FOX32-News !
Well Lookie There: Another So-Called "Holy Bible" With Holes In It !
"FOR I (GOD: FATHER, SON & HOLY GHOST [SPIRIT]) TESTIFY UNTO EVERY MAN THAT HEARETH (&-OR READETH) THE WORDS OF THIS (KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE) PROPHECY, IF ANY MAN SHALL ADD UNTO THESE THINGS (THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THE KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE &-OR PROPHECY), GOD SHALL ADD UNTO HIM THE PLAGUES THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THIS (KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE) BOOK (&-OR PROPHECY):
AND IF ANY MAN SHALL TAKE AWAY FROM THE WORDS OF THE (KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE) BOOK OF THIS (KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE) PROPHECY, GOD SHALL TAKE AWAY HIS PART OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE, AND OUT OF THE HOLY CITY, AND FROM THE THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THIS (KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE) BOOK (&-OR PROPHECY)."-REVELATION 22:18-19 !
"THIS (KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE PROPHECY &-OR) BOOK OF THE LAW SHALL NOT DEPART OUT OF THY MOUTH; BUT THOU SHALT MEDITATE THEREIN DAY AND NIGHT, THAT THOU MAYEST OBSERVE TO DO ACCORDING TO ALL THAT IS WRITTEN THEREIN: FOR THEN THOU SHALT MAKE THY WAY PROSPEROUS, AND THEN THOU SHALT HAVE GOOD SUCCESS."-JOSHUA (JESHUA-JESUS) 1:8
"ALL (THE KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE &-Or PROPHECY) SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, AND IS PROFITABLE FOR DOCTRINE, FOR REPROOF, FOR CORRECTION, FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS."-2 TIMOTHY 3:16 ! ! ! ! ! ! !